Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong Celestial Twin "Buff" idea

Sevenus.

With the Helmith Crysallis system coming at the end of the month i thought of a really good tweak that i really hope will be added for Wukong's Celestial Twin ability so it will not force the clone to use melee when i use a gun and a gun when i use melee ( i know that if you go without a melee both the player and the clone can use primary):

the tweak goes like this :

tap the ability to summon the clone, when the clone is summoned cycle between melee and gun(primary/secondary) by tapping 1 again (like the skill cycle of wisp/ivara/vauban) when not aiming on a target, when aiming at a target tap 1 to target the enemy to order the clone to attack it with increased dmg,  hold to despawn the clone.

in conclusion --> add a skill cycle mechanic like vauban/ivara/wisp for wukong's Celestial Twin ability so when you cycle on a melee it will equip the clone with the melee, when cycling to a gun equip it with a gun.

fingers crossed so DE will read this post and hopefully add it with the new update.

-----------------

EDIT :

my bad, i meant in the new update, not the hellmith system. i just wanted some feedback on the tweak ive offered, i never wanted it to be a trasnferrable ability

11 minutes ago, sonyseva6055 said:

fingers crossed so DE will read this post and hopefully add it with the new Hellmith system.

There is no way DE is allowing us to use Celestial Twin on other frames. That seems obvious already.

12 minutes ago, sonyseva6055 said:

tap the ability to summon the clone, when the clone is summoned cycle between melee and gun(primary/secondary) by tapping 1 again (like the skill cycle of wisp/ivara/vauban) when not aiming on a target, when aiming at a target tap 1 to target the enemy to order the clone to attack it with increased dmg,  hold to despawn the clone.

This just seems like too much trouble. I like having an easy way to know what my clone will be using.

2 minutes ago, krc473 said:

There is no way DE is allowing us to use Celestial Twin on other frames. That seems obvious already.

This just seems like too much trouble. I like having an easy way to know what my clone will be using.

i dont think that having to press 1 again to make him switch to the weapon u want and also seeing an icon of melee/gun (as the skill cycling of other frames) is too much tbh

5 minutes ago, krc473 said:

well, what if ill tell you that on the tennocon reveal THERE IS a celestial twin ability shown on the list of abilities you can select from the hellmith crysallis DURING the stream?

i referred to the new system because it was confirmed that some abilities will function differently or even better than they originally are on the original warframe, also was referring to it cz its a good enough reason for tweaking existing abilities on their owner warframes.

10 minutes ago, sonyseva6055 said:

i dont think that having to press 1 again to make him switch to the weapon u want and also seeing an icon of melee/gun (as the skill cycling of other frames) is too much tbh

But it is something you would have to manage. People already don’t like abilities that do this. So I am not sure if the change would be well received or not.

5 minutes ago, sonyseva6055 said:

well, what if ill tell you that on the tennocon reveal THERE IS a celestial twin ability shown on the list of abilities you can select from the hellmith crysallis DURING the stream?

I would ask for your evidence of this. Failure to provide means you are lying. And lying just to further your own point is pretty bad.

That build was in beta.

This was already adressed by De btw. They said not everything you saw on the list will be available.

And the clone is definitelly a big no. And these changes just sound way too bothersome. The way Wuclone works right now is nice and simple. It doesn't need a painwheel.

4 minutes ago, krc473 said:

But it is something you would have to manage. People already don’t like abilities that do this. So I am not sure if the change would be well received or not.

I would ask for your evidence of this. Failure to provide means you are lying. And lying just to fur5er your own point is pretty bad.

skip to 3:57 . here is your proof. 

i do hope tho that it wont be a thing, but here is the proof that it was shown

14 minutes ago, sonyseva6055 said:

Bear already shot that down saying that not everything shown in the dev build will go live

1 minute ago, sonyseva6055 said:

skip to 3:57 . here is your proof. 

A random “pre-confirmed” video isn’t proof of anything (not posted by DE). DE has not released the list of what will be available yet. And DE cannot possibly believe giving every frame a clone is a good idea.

• I absolutely wish they would. I am not a fan of Wukong’s other abilities.

il y a 2 minutes, sonyseva6055 a dit :

but here is the proof that it was shown

DE Bear already debunked it.

Its a test build. Devs were testing different abilities and celestial twin just happened to be on the screenshot when they were testing it to see if it would be fine or not.

It doesn't prove anything.

1 minute ago, ixidron92 said:

SZa25h3.jpg

On 2020-08-03 at 2:35 PM, (XB1)WarBelly said:

Hey folks.

You should bear in mind that screenshots of this system pre-launch are very likely dev-build experiments and are not always indicative of a final choice. We’ll be making a Dev Workshop post (around the 13th or 14th of August) about the final approved powers list before we release on the 25th, however.

40 minutes ago, sonyseva6055 said:

With the Helmith Crysallis system coming at the end of the month i thought of a really good tweak that i really hope will be added for Wukong's Celestial Twin ability so it will not force the clone to use melee when i use a gun and a gun when i use melee ( i know that if you go without a melee both the player and the clone can use primary):

the tweak goes like this :

in conclusion --> add a skill cycle mechanic like vauban/ivara/wisp for wukong's Celestial Twin ability so when you cycle on a melee it will equip the clone with the melee, when cycling to a gun equip it with a gun.

fingers crossed so DE will read this post and hopefully add it with the new Hellmith system.

guys guys, i never STATED that i want it to be an ability you can transfer to the other warframes, i just noted the update cz i hoped THEY WILL ADD THIS TWEAK IN THE UPDATE, i never said that it will be 100% the ability heck i did not even mentioned it to be transferred. chill, i just wanted some feedback on the change ive offered to his ability, regardless of the future system.

nope nope, no buffing the twins, they are just really too powerful as it is.  It is like you have your kavat or kubrow that is really high health, imagine if Inaros able to do the same thing and how high that twin hp will be.  It is going break the roof and making him armor breaking lvl.  Plus that is Wukong's signature move

boi, the guy wants to improve wukong he is not talking about helminth system and giving it to other warframes....

he just tells BY THE WAY when helminth system will be added and some ability's will be changed to improve wukong.

i think its a great idea, nothing broken just a quality of life.

1 hour ago, krc473 said:

I would ask for your evidence of this. Failure to provide means you are lying. And lying just to further your own point is pretty bad.

It is there. 

Reb also came out on Twitter and specifically said that this was an early dev build and CT was just there for testing, it will NOT be the selected ability for Wukong.

7 minutes ago, ShogunGunshow said:

It is there. 

What is where? The question was if there is evidence of DE saying the Twin would be transferable. You suggest it will be ("It is there"). And also contradict yourself and say it wont be transferable. Overall, a comment that makes no sense at all.

Wukong has a melee weapon theme, it made sense to not allow both yourself and the twin to use ranged weapons, even if it's the ability that gets donated, it makes no sense to change it. There are other Warframes that enhance the damage ranged weapons do, and there's already at least 1 ability that can be donated that can be used to increase the damage of all weapons.

I do think the clone should have an option wheel. The way his weapon choice is implemented currently is annoyingly limited while still allowing people to do what they want after jumping through some hoops, so it's not achieving anything balance-wise.

If you want the clone to use a firearm while you do, you simply don't equip a melee. If you know you won't need one in a mission, that's no cost whatsoever, not to mention that if you're so determined to use a firearm you probably won't miss it anyway. If you're a melee player, everything works out because you don't want the clone to use melee anyway, the AI is horrendous with it.

But then there are annoyances. If you have the clone use a secondary and he dies/get cancelled somehow, you have to switch away from your melee, which usually takes you to primary again, then to secondary, and then back to melee. Tha's three button clicks for no good reason every freaking time. Or if you want to scan/fish/mine you have to remember to take your melee off because the clone pointlessly defaults to it whenever you use a tool. He even defaults to melee when you get on a Railjack turret so you also have to keep it unequipped if you want him to keep the deck clean while you're busy.

And most importantly, it'd get rid of the ridiculous anti-synergy of forcing the clone to use the staff while you have it active. The staff is bad enough as it is, it doesn't need the clone AI being forced into melee dumb mode hindering it on top of everything else.

i dont think its a buff you want? just a mechanical/ QoL change?

I personally dislike the clone , and for you it might seem like a QoL change ,

but running 2 primary or melee weapons all the time is really gonna screw the balance.

I would much rather they fix the "no melee" bug than make the bug into a feature.

Archived