Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone else feel like Banshee needs a bit of a buff?

(PSN)i7081277

I love banshee but I can't help but feel like I need to have a build dedicated to only one of her abilities to make them good. Except for sonar, almost all of banshee's abilities feel extremely lackluster without any augments. How do you guys feel about banshee in her current state? She's super squishy but doesn't really have the abilities to back that up. 

sonic boom rag dolls enemies away barely doing any damage. Sonar is fine. I barely understand what silence is about, its stun is extremely short and I can't even refresh it. And while sound quake is cool in theory how would an ability that keeps a frame like banshee who is extremely squishy in the same place without moving make any sense? I mean other than that sound quake is just boring. 

The ability I dislike the most is Quake, but all her abilities find a use for me. I was using 1,2, and 3 consistently through Steel Path nodes, and it was a blast. Nothing is squishy anymore with shield gating and the ways to abuse it.

I mean her cc is subpar if not for her sonar spamming niche she be worthless. Kinda pigeon hole like zephyr where one skill really shines is the only reason to use them cuz others do all their other skills way more effectively. They both playable tho so meh but I agree a buff to their other skills to be more useful (not OP just useful) would be nice.

6 hours ago, kyori said:

Enemies can be stun again if they are out of your range and back into range again.

Im 99% sure this isnt the case. Afaik many savage silence banshees specifically run low range or duration because silence only stuns enemies once

edit: after some testing, It does appear that banshees 3 can stun targets multiple times, provided they leave the radius of the 3 and re-enter it. The more ya know

Just now, ChaoticEdge said:

You know who need a buff?  Those abilities like nekros's 1 button or volt's 1 button or either nearly all the frame's abilities that sux so bad need a buff or able to do scaling dmg.

Scaling damage alone wont fix issues. Look at Vaubans 3. Many abilities need either tweaks or utility buffs to give them a purpose besides just damage. In fact, you mentioned Volts 1, which I wouldnt call weak due to its range and the augment which grants bonus electricity damage to volt and nearby allies. However, nekros shadow punch needs something, I agree. Personally, Ive always argued that it should have a instakill threshold like Garuda’s 1, but make the value like 50 or 60% as opposed to Garuda’s 40, since she also gains a shield and a charging blood bomb, whereas nekros has nothing. 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Im 99% sure this isnt the case. Afaik many savage silence banshees specifically run low range or duration because silence only stuns enemies once

That's exactly why they run low range: they can re-stun the enemies. If there are 10 enemies in the range, you will not be able to kill all of them during that single stun. After the initial stun ends, you run out and back in to kill the rest of the enemies.

31 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

"barely understand what silence is about,"

But he's asking for a buff.....

Edit: you should try to understand a frame before asking for major changes. 

What’s wrong with you? Passive aggressive much? I’m not asking for banshee to be reworked. I’m asking for her to be buffed. As in improving what is already there? I just think her kit hasn't aged too well and needs some improvements. 
I understand banshee and silence. But silence barely does much at all. Realistically, how useful is a max range silence in anything but spy? Who cares if enemies are alerted? There are tons of frames that can Nuke an entire map or room in seconds while all silence does is momentarily stun enemies and make it so they can’t hear your guns or other enemies screaming. Banshee’s passive already silences weapons.

to make any of banshee’s abilities preform to the standard of today’s warframe abilities you need to get all your augments and mod specifically for each ability. Sonar doesn’t really entail this but how about savage silence and resonating quake builds? Which are the only exceptionally useful ways to use those abilities.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

What’s wrong with you? Passive aggressive much? I’m not asking for banshee to be reworked. I’m asking for her to be buffed. As in improving what is already there? I just think her kit hasn't aged too well and needs some improvements. 
I understand banshee and silence. But silence barely does much at all. Realistically, how useful is a max range silence in anything but spy? Who cares if enemies are alerted? There are tons of frames that can Nuke an entire map or room in seconds while all silence does is momentarily stun enemies and make it so they can’t hear your guns or other enemies screaming. Banshee’s passive already silences weapons.

to make any of banshee’s abilities preform to the standard of today’s warframe abilities you need to get all your augments and mod specifically for each ability. Sonar doesn’t really entail this but how about savage silence and resonating quake builds? Which are the only exceptionally useful ways to use those abilities.

Gotcha, yea I apologize. It's time for my weekly forum break lol. 

35 minutes ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

Simply making Silence re-castable will stop a low range savage silence build sabotaging the rest of her abilities. Modding for low range makes the rest of her abilities really damn bad, and Resonance becomes absolutely mandatory if anyone even thinks using Sonar with savage silence in the same build.

Making Silence re-castable would also improve her shield gating. Silence has the most expensive instant energy cost of any of her abilities, so with Brief Respite and/or Augur mod set that would be the ability to recharge the most shields.

1 hour ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Not true.

It stuns enemies once after entering the range of Silence, but that can be reapplied after exceeding that distance and going back to range.

The same enemies will be affected by Silence and the same Silence cast.

3 hours ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

Are you sure you do? Cos I use it to level any weapon in about 4 minutes.

4 hours ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Scaling damage alone wont fix issues. Look at Vaubans 3. Many abilities need either tweaks or utility buffs to give them a purpose besides just damage. In fact, you mentioned Volts 1, which I wouldnt call weak due to its range and the augment which grants bonus electricity damage to volt and nearby allies. However, nekros shadow punch needs something, I agree. Personally, Ive always argued that it should have a instakill threshold like Garuda’s 1, but make the value like 50 or 60% as opposed to Garuda’s 40, since she also gains a shield and a charging blood bomb, whereas nekros has nothing. 

yet his turrets work perfectly fine and his 3 maybe gimmick but it is still fun to throw while your high speed casting things

1 hour ago, ChaoticEdge said:

yet his turrets work perfectly fine and his 3 maybe gimmick but it is still fun to throw while your high speed casting things

His turrets work fine because they arent a single burst of damage, but instead rapid smaller hits of damage. So for less energy, they deal more total damage, more sustained damage, can crit and hit targets as they get moved towards a vortex. His 3, not so much 😕 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

His turrets work fine because they arent a single burst of damage, but instead rapid smaller hits of damage. So for less energy, they deal more total damage, more sustained damage, can crit and hit targets as they get moved towards a vortex. His 3, not so much 😕 

maybe they should get his 3 be exactly like the hammer of dawn except for it stay there long by using vauban's energy as he can point whatever the laser goes for it would be much useful in a fight and see that laser can move around on the map for it should feel like your commanding an actual orbital strike.  Unless De don't want copywrite that then make it orbital strike be like hydroid's bombardment of his 1 ability, just charge it up to be much more wider to = the value of the energy for it to be cost by and yes I would like to see laser raining hell in the sky.

1 minute ago, ChaoticEdge said:

maybe they should get his 3 be exactly like the hammer of dawn except for it stay there long by using vauban's energy as he can point whatever the laser goes for it would be much useful in a fight and see that laser can move around on the map for it should feel like your commanding an actual orbital strike.  Unless De don't want copywrite that then make it orbital strike be like hydroid's bombardment of his 1 ability, just charge it up to be much more wider to = the value of the energy for it to be cost by and yes I would like to see laser raining hell in the sky.

Id love to have the beam just be a channel tbh

Just now, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Id love to have the beam just be a channel tbh

I was trying get ppl agree on this but what I got feedback was thousands of knives that been denied me so many time that where I gave up trying and hoping to get vauban being fix.

1 minute ago, Furappi said:

She got buffed less than nine months ago, i dont think they're gonna buff her again

I know its a lot to ask. some small part of me was hoping de would review her abilities because of the new helminth chrysalis system. I really just wanted to see if anyone else felt the same way as me about state of banshee.

Archived