Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone else feel like Banshee needs a bit of a buff?

(PSN)i7081277

8 hours ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

sonic boom rag dolls enemies away barely doing any damage.

Her 1 is nice for cracking tough targets with the augment. It would be nice if it stood on its own but it's similar to many 1st abilities in needing that.

She's super squishy but doesn't really have the abilities to back that up.

I barely understand what silence is about, its stun is extremely short and I can't even refresh it.

This is a common but misconceived combination of complaints. You need sufficient DPS on your weapons so that the enemies die before they can do anything, and her 3 provides/increases that window of opportunity.

The other thing is that like other squishy frames, she needs to be modded differently, e.g. using one or more of Brief Respite, Augur mods, Rolling Guard, Health Conversion (+ synth mods on sentinel), or Quick Thinking. It's obvious how health/armour/shield based frames should be modded, but there are frames that don't make use of any of those and she's one of them. They use these other mods, not to tank damage, but to allow sufficient time to react and stay alive by absorbing stray hits while keeping mobile.

This is the same playstyle the old Ember used to have at higher levels (arbis, etc) before they turned her into a spam 4 to win tank caster.

And while sound quake is cool in theory how would an ability that keeps a frame like banshee who is extremely squishy in the same place without moving make any sense? I mean other than that sound quake is just boring. 

Completely accurate assessment. Definitely the ability to replace under the Helminth system :-P.

18 hours ago, (XB1)SwiftBMF said:

Im going to say I bet most comments are going to tell you how dumb you are & that you need to learn how to play or something.

I havnt read a single comment but Im going to guess that was about the gist most of them I bet.

It hasn't turned out that way so far.  

On 2020-08-08 at 1:36 PM, kyori said:

Enemies can be stun again if they are out of your range and back into range again.

That is true, and I believe it is a good mechanic for her, but you have to understand that the main problem with this is that there is no way to see the range threshold when you use it, so you can't know when any enemy around you if affected, and depending on the range mods you may put on her, this makes it even much harder to tell........ That's just me though.

51 minutes ago, (PS4)IAMPRO_16 said:

That is true, and I believe it is a good mechanic for her, but you have to understand that the main problem with this is that there is no way to see the range threshold when you use it, so you can't know when any enemy around you if affected, and depending on the range mods you may put on her, this makes it even much harder to tell........ That's just me though.

After a few hundred playhours with Banshee, you can easily estimate it from memory with various ranges.

I usually use 145% for my everyday use build and it's about enough to do one finisher or two if you're fast enough, with a single bullet jump mod, without delaying with operator use.

If you memorize something like this based on your own experiences, you can visualise it and make a rough estimate which will be just about accurate.

1 hour ago, (PS4)IAMPRO_16 said:

That is true, and I believe it is a good mechanic for her, but you have to understand that the main problem with this is that there is no way to see the range threshold when you use it, so you can't know when any enemy around you if affected, and depending on the range mods you may put on her, this makes it even much harder to tell........

It's just practice.  Some abilities take more of that than others.  I think if you played with it regularly, you'd get the hang of it. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)IAMPRO_16 said:

Just kill all of them, then it doesn't matter :-P.

7 hours ago, (PS4)IAMPRO_16 said:

You kinda get used to it over time , but a range indicator wouldn't hurt honestly.

Archived