Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Too many Ancient Disruptors

Joezone619

when you go higher level, there is WAAAY too many ancient disruptors, to the point where i had a nekros use their 4th, and they were all just disruptors, they drain all your energy in 1 grab and "just roll and your fine" doesn't work when theres 5-10 of them all grabbing you before you can roll again.

Something needs to happen, either

A) Severely lower their spawn chances

B) Remove their ability to gulp energy entirely (thats what parasitic eximus is for)

C) Limit how often your energy can be "poofed" away to like once every 5-10 seconds

D) Make them drop all your energy they grabbed and if theres more then your energy cap, allow it to go over.

E) Increase steel essence drop chance 😉

Im not saying all of these have to happen, preferably just one or the other, or a mix of a few (except steel essence drop chance.. that needs to go up)

It's strange that people are no longer confused by nullifiers.

Ancient destroyers are not a problem, they work the way they were created. The fact that they reduce the duration of your abilities and take away your energy - this was done on purpose. On the other hand, I think that their large spawning is not true. At least for me. Maybe you just got unlucky 1 time.

8 minutes ago, Joezone619 said:

when you go higher level, there is WAAAY too many ancient disruptors [...] Increase steel essence drop chance

Increased amount of enemies is a feature of the Steel Path. If you don't like it you can always opt out of it.

16 minutes ago, Joezone619 said:

when all you see spawning is ancient disruptors and a few broodmothers, thats a problem.

How about you post a picture with 10 Ancient Disruptors on the screen? Would give you more credibility if nothing else.

100% agree. The vast majority of players aren't endgame players with crazy mods that just let them spam out abilities without end. When 5+ Ancient Disruptors appear and they just keep spawning in nonstop, it isn't nerfing your power usage, it's completely removing your powers from the mission essentially. You get drained back to back and they drain so much so fast, you can't counter it with the amount of them that spawn. I had the most frustrating time doing the Mirage survival, that shouldn't even be that difficult, but it literally spawned packs of just Disruptors chain grabbing you nonstop, at that point, if your weapons aren't crazy powerful to 1-2 shot them, you are screwed between no energy and the constant grabs from all sides. It's not fun and it's not real difficulty, it's just frustrating and takes away the ability of your frame to function as designed. If they spawned less, or didn't immediately drain you to nothing, or even just had guaranteed energy drops when they die after draining you, then it would be a nerf because you still had access to your abilities some of the time but once they appear in waves like that, you are doing a weapons only run from then on for most players. I think a lot of endgame players forget that most players don't have the crazy OP energy resources they do and this happens even at low levels.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Flamingbunny said:

100% agree. The vast majority of players aren't endgame players with crazy mods that just let them spam out abilities without end.

since this is about 'the steel path' and not the normal gameplay, only people with most of those 'crazy' mods should even doing it - MR-rusher who left out getting the stuff needed (or not) really can't complain... that said, even with all those 'crazy' mods disruptors are a danger - only a few frame abilities are really a way to counter them.

personally i'm just fine with the amount of them but they are noticable more common as would i have thought - the really nasty thing about them (and evey other ancient anywhere) is their 'ability' to even shot their grappling hook backwards - same as the damn scorpions do btw...

Most CC in the game can be dealt with using knockdown resist including all grapples. It might be worth the mods slots to use them or maybe a frame with status immunity. Though I wish this existed as an arcane instead of the useless ones like Arcane Warmth.

As for the energy drain, it should be changed to a magnetic proc to allow counter builds. Currently the disruptor's aura allow any nearby infested's attack to drain all energy even through Valkyr's Hysteria or status immunity.

On ‎2020‎-‎08‎-‎08 at 1:28 PM, selig_fay said:

It's strange that people are no longer confused by nullifiers.

Ancient destroyers are not a problem, they work the way they were created. The fact that they reduce the duration of your abilities and take away your energy - this was done on purpose. On the other hand, I think that their large spawning is not true. At least for me. Maybe you just got unlucky 1 time.

Nullifiers don't have the absurd spawn rate that Disruptors, or even Toxics have. This has been a major irritant for me personally. There are always at least three around you, and when you kill those, there are more on top of you almost instantly. I wouldn't mind if they were tougher, if only they didn't spawn every three mili-seconds. All of this is even before the Steel Path, and has been something that stuck in my craw for quite some time. I wish the other heavier units spawned at a higher rate than Ancients.

Any kind of ancients are a nightmare in Infested Arbitration survival. If you get grabbed by one of them, unless you get out of there asap (I go straight into void mode) you're dead very quickly. I don't really have a problem with losing energy. I run with Zenurik most of the time in most missions, unless playing with Excalibur where I'll swap to Naramon. When I get hit by an Ancient disruptor, like I stated = into void mode, dash and start revovering that energy, switching back to the warframe to start the energy recuperation and then back into void mode to get out of danger.

Ancients in general have spawned too much since Parkour 2.0.

Their spam hook cheese is the only way DE could think to keep Infested in the game after movement was made so easy and now they spit for "reasons". When movement was limited Infested were more of a problem and there were far less Ancients. In Damage 1.0 Ancients were rare and a huge issue. Now they're an annoyance.

Disruptors are bad for whole other reasons though.

• Last I played their Energy Drain attack scaled with Base damage like Slash Procs which means they can drain 100% of your energy in one hit regardless of Damage Reduction. Once had my Mesa's energy fully drained without even breaking her Shields.
  • Other issue was that their CC reduction aura stacks until CC has no duration regardless of it's actual duration.

Dunno if these scaling problems have been fixed since I stopped playing but I doubt it. Disruptors have had scaling problems for years.

Ancients do spawn a lot the longer you're in a survival mission, it may seem that disruptors spawn more because their aura also makes the other ancients look like they are disruptors. It's all RNG on which one spawns most. I've seen Disruptors spawn more, but I've also seen Toxic Ancients spawn more.

Disruptors? That's very specific. I'd like to see magnetic procs and knockdowns in general yeeted from the game entirely. Yes, I know, there's prime sure footed and arcane nullifier, and I'm on my way to have them on every single frame. But grinding to remove annoyances you can't avoid is garbage design. It's literally just a dice roll to remove all your energy, glitch your screen or lock your controls for a moment that's constantly happening in the background.

On 2020-08-08 at 11:19 PM, Joezone619 said:

B) Remove their ability to gulp energy entirely (thats what parasitic eximus is for)

Oh, and these fellas should be given a visible indication of their aura or yeeted from the game too. When I just started playing I though that my energy went negative after being hit by disrputor.

Why is it so hard for DE to learn even from good things they make? We have nullifiers and frost bubble eximus units. You immediately identify them, can prioritize them, that's engaging, a whole extra brain cell involved. But with grabbers and energy suckers you just go to arsenal and remove them from the game. 

1 hour ago, Kefirno said:

Why is it so hard for DE to learn even from good things they make? We have nullifiers and frost bubble eximus units. You immediately identify them, can prioritize them, that's engaging, a whole extra brain cell involved. But with grabbers and energy suckers you just go to arsenal and remove them from the game. 

Nullifiers are neither good nor engaging. They're literally the opposite, in fact, a brainlessly binary influence because they wear 7-8 different 'hats' of identity all wrapped up in one unit that will quite happily spawn in groups of 4 or 5 if the game's feeling like being particularly spiteful.

"If nullifier then NO, remove nullifier then YES" is not dynamic gameplay.

That aside, the Disruptor drain-on-attack is massively out of hand since Infested damage was blanket-increased back in Warframe Revised, and they got their super-aimbot hooks.

6 minutes ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

"If nullifier then NO, remove nullifier then YES" is not dynamic gameplay.

Hey, it's still better than "if enemies then spam button". Nullifiers have their problems but it's the closest we've got to a proper special unit.

7 hours ago, Kefirno said:

Oh, and these fellas should be given a visible indication of their aura or yeeted from the game too. When I just started playing I though that my energy went negative after being hit by disrputor.

Disruptor auras are another reason I hate them. When there's a Parasite is on the map, you can't tell which one it is because the Disruptor Aura covers it.

Archived