Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Moving to pc from ps4

(PSN)SAGEMODERAUL2

Question

I've have spent several years and a couple of hundreds dollars playing Warframe on PS4 now with the next gen consoles on the way I've decided it's about time to switch to pc so I've already saved about 1000 dlls to switch this Christmas BUT I would like to take my progress from ps4 to pc , it's that possible?

5 answers to this question

currently no.
DE is still working on possibly doign cross save progression.
but last time they talked about it said they are still looking into it, which i guess means they are still trying to figure out how it will work across all platforms. 
like if your in a clan on ps4 an play on pc will you still be in that clan or will you be clanless

You should contact the support, I guess. But what I know is that my clanmate asked them if it possible to do that and they said "yes". BUT, everything that you have already got/achieved on your PC account will be gone. And so you'll get your stuff instead. This is what he said,but you need to ask them anyway. 

Quoting the the forums FAQ:

"Q: Can I move my Playstation / Xbox One / Nintendo Switch account to PC? Can I move my PC account to Playstation / Xbox One / Nintendo Switch?

A: Warframe accounts can’t be transferred between platforms. There are technical barriers that prevent us from being able to move accounts between console and PC. In the past, we offered account migration between PC and PS4. We later did the same for PC to Xbox One and PC to Nintendo Switch. In those cases, we were able to work with different companies to make account migration available for a limited time in celebration of Warframe’s launch on new platforms, but account migration is not available regularly.

We don’t have plans to make account migration available again in the future, but you are welcome to start another account! We don’t have any problem with players having accounts on multiple platforms."

https://forums.warframe.com/announcement/65-decommunity-faq/

We are approaching the next generation of consoles, which will eventually mean the end of the PS4's lifetime.  Before the PS4 is dead and buried, I guarantee that DE will offer some way to transfer your account to another platform.  Maybe they will only offer it to PS5, but since between console generations it's not uncommon for people to switch from, for example, Playstation consoles to Xbox consoles, I wouldn't be surprised if multiple options ended up being available; the alternative would be to lose dedicated fans who are deeply invested in their product.

So right now you can't do the transfer you're looking for, but I would hazard that sometime within the next year you'll find options to transfer your account to another platform.  Whether that will include PC is another question, though.

Archived