Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Expanding Operator Customization

Hi everyone, this post / thread is actually part of a more diverse post I made roughly at the same time (I typed this up on the google docs first)!

Here is the other post, to link this back to there:

I have asked this a few times earlier this year, but now I wanted to make it it's own thread. In an effort to help expand customization options for Operators, I took several screenshots over time with my own Operator, so that Tenno & DE staff can get a proper feel / visual look at how this may work.

This involves both Armor and an example with a Syandana. I used Paint.net to single out the Armor / Syandana (Erasing around empty pixels carefully!), and with blank layers placed them onto the original screenshots. I also cropped the images, & adjusted the angles of some armor pieces so they face the most likely direction as in-game.

First are the comparisons (Using the Dex Raksaka Armor as an example) with Armor.

Left Shoulder Comparison

mYSKs5Y0iA6Z7Cb-R__zCTbETEPm-Kvr2DOrl-31Gyd1BRp1K_UdDszcKITpQk1alpnHICJcY9Epxo7SGvq-U6syQJDNplJOVM48nFEY_wBq9n4BIezSycdKBX_E3iPPhmwOFUdM          6ML0nxmRUb4VPFSRbItVRzoQNHajkw-soXzJOQDJtLHgvmgI8Izh81KTnAuqi7pfRZQlfNxzLKDpbPO72nrIY4LBlgsbJ9HJO07DuoJV3WLXuGUCYo9qYVhmnqWo_oqgTuVG0sgy

Left Shoulder no armor                        Dex Raksaka Left Shoulder

avG8vzxnLxJen7uzNZl3MdQgixTFsMmZCaeaw5l3ZS1MUwttGBeKbfhdqrcnnk4qmdX2fDx-UeGGtgXPX6kQEatDYDETjWWwh49W4TwOIxgjKmuZVqsDv2N6X2w80iRfY9Y2PKA3          5Myu2x1n5tt6bUz1cR5nwJ4gOpgYNTQ3jBi4RqVdQqxJ8KZkZS_uJqbxCmcAw6ZiVbxDUnTxefinP9Vl90Z3uiKVOdq7iSTtp1-d9uVPzgaJWMKXm6MQirScF9-xFo075-zK5MWj

Right Shoulder comparison

Right Shoulder no armor                                 Dex Raksaka Right Shoulder

ARpu8rPdsI0aijYAej3xT4m_t7_YoucbjKfRaoCLxvFcOul_tcVAnfqmnYhc7mkh-OlS9OcwGurEugrgXJOAT_VMCYRjfhWqGsf_80vo0SpVCrEFx7JoJr1-9Bg3zILZ1azFHFHJ          Knee Armor vs no armor comparison (Before)

5UScrAOiExbUnfcMjO6ZnTn0kBkZT0LuoerLfSOYczTdSDv9XMLZ-pvB-tZCo5nOmeaIHtd7GtZIGEumgk2B62cUt9nWlNpDLjJFVPEyHg-ztmjIPmqoz7ZkzoZdetsrW7STMmJO          Knee Armor vs no armor comparison (After)

Side by side comparison with / without Chest Armor

Zo2mNZ_OGjJ3qje_U7wQ708MhPTE4Pn0lYzCn--wvF67ljNcDT1qGJYekVKeLpIGYRcmPVv6edMw7ToaCv1yW8JKd5OauLnpK4uMo1ui4dh4BdJbYpmDCa3BRhi_4R5U1ne9H96g          pbviXwWDmL1IdPtS_RWoer348hit3AIOo1W-YxmulLjT7Kn3nHmZJEWnKeVxQTiU5t-4dwcBciavNH6bqBSe4QctSc4ixXFvzaY-Rrcdk0L04BdgWTv3FoUWgEhv8pv2FJDop2Zh

Side by side comparison of Dex Raksaka Shoulder Armor vs no armor

1AJ3Nq-JBd-zIb8zjRuPNjRgSzT-cU_qu3zY1cz2gOlrH3u9FubGBdVN6jY863hGJtmioox3z9LbFeFieqQugpKkWVzk0Lus0LbcKhgxjZXHhuv_-nt11mh1N_pRW3KAbg6N2rKV

As for Syandanas:

Before:

KnRBtLU7K4PJVuuoR1jIgrSwLvitKvDKdzzifiN0Z0l3_QYB3WM5Nf-q31yYaIkOqdIT6WNK-ls5B4j-CXv7_lx6a5t_upxKZ8MkHaj65zNNTbUOOIiTs5-nKUlc0FSM66K4DbmC          TMtJQQRB9VBCGqKERL0z-KIYjmTKuczR1TVwKlFJXqz1z7sQpIhyLO5CUKNzHyHVGUYIlOtd1w2yWpzIV4d2ZyCqT4MOt3Os0LP65IPaDO100WOzsj1LEmyX6hHF2w4UnBv5D2vl

Without Synkra Syandana          Synkra Syandana on Frame

After:

osEd8moV8Xg6pVU0PU7m-4xe0VaLT5_qo-b0eUTeHxwsLKmkkHqD-YwP4LLLrln9nQKAOrA8TwckNVMQ_i91RVZoYws7jfqJqOlAAX3Mr1ub0k_6sUf1hW1sfUmVXW837gqezaeE          KnRBtLU7K4PJVuuoR1jIgrSwLvitKvDKdzzifiN0Z0l3_QYB3WM5Nf-q31yYaIkOqdIT6WNK-ls5B4j-CXv7_lx6a5t_upxKZ8MkHaj65zNNTbUOOIiTs5-nKUlc0FSM66K4DbmC

With Synkra Syandana                        Without the Syandana

Considering all the recent revisions across the game (Especially the Deadlock Protocol & tileset remaster), at some point I think Operators should be looked at too, in terms of their variability. One big part of that does involve their customization. There is a huge amount of great-looking things that Warframes are able to wear; Individual pieces of armor from different things, Syandanas, you name it. & displaying additional emblems on each shoulder to boot. However, Operators aren't currently able to wear armor or Syandanas for now (Besides only four different voices for now, but that's addressed in the other thread I linked above).

If Operators were able to wear Warframe armor & syandanas, I believe it will seriously open up customization options for all of the Operators throughout the game! The assets are already made, the only thing may be to establish the combinations for them on Operators (And make any size / clipping adjustments as they come). I hope this part's a worthwhile idea to consider as well 🙂 

(As for me, I based my Operator off of my fiancee, though the face shape isn't 100% accurate)

These are the colors I used for the styled Dex Armor, in case anyone was wondering:

4tuG78osBK_rPDoNABZrXYwzb_1RMZh5SrrYdHr3L67qKV6de2vOYadRxxAMeql4iIjRqqbxj8cr-O1bLm5gheFlY2CffARVh3mvZGM8TuyNlkdVtPTaV9FSubSMDdscWdzI6M-_

The Synkra Syandana was used with it's default colors. Has anyone (Both DE staff and players) thought about this in the past as well?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It's been a long time since I've posted in the thread, but I still hope that the next time Operators are looked at, this can be considered as well.

• The new TennoCon Armor would likely look great on them as well, I'm sure!

That being said, I wanted to mention about Crew Customization. Apparently you can hold & drag colors with their appearance, and they can display Armor, but not Emblems. Perhaps they could be thought of as a template for how Operators would be able to equip various Armor pieces / Syandanas?

• Regarding the ability to hold and drag colors around; Warframes, Companions & Vehicles will also benefit from that as much as Operators would :)

I'm wondering, has anyone else thought of some ideas for what Armor / Syandana they'd like to have on their Operator? Just out of curiosity.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Gamer-Steve said:

It's been a long time since I've posted in the thread, but I still hope that the next time Operators are looked at, this can be considered as well.

• The new TennoCon Armor would likely look great on them as well, I'm sure!

That being said, I wanted to mention about Crew Customization. Apparently you can hold & drag colors with their appearance, and they can display Armor, but not Emblems. Perhaps they could be thought of as a template for how Operators would be able to equip various Armor pieces / Syandanas?

• Regarding the ability to hold and drag colors around; Warframes, Companions & Vehicles will also benefit from that as much as Operators would :)

I'm wondering, has anyone else thought of some ideas for what Armor / Syandana they'd like to have on their Operator? JUst out of curiosity.

Aye, the crew customization is a good spring-board for it

• 1 month later...

Yes please.
Hopefully now that we have crew customization (as mentioned), we may get operator customization. Perhaps with Duviri and Grown-uperators?
My only concern is how it would work with some of the bigger operator suit parts. Still, here's hoping.

On 2021-05-29 at 2:27 AM, Bricks said:

Yes please.
Hopefully now that we have crew customization (as mentioned), we may get operator customization. Perhaps with Duviri and Grown-uperators?
My only concern is how it would work with some of the bigger operator suit parts. Still, here's hoping.

Same here :)

I've been thinking it could be more of a Duviri addition, unless Operators are looked at before then. The sooner the better!

Archived