Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are there starting to be more toxic players?

DLX663

6 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

"Banter" lol

The biggest snowflakes are the ones that get riled up when their hateful comments don't fly with people anymore.

nobody is more offended that the people complaining about everyone being offended by their "jokes". it's quite hillarious

hace 1 minuto, Rawbeard dijo:

nobody is more offended that the people complaining about everyone being offended by their "jokes". it's quite hillarious

Not complaining, just saying that nowadays, that's what happens. I couldn't give a flying f*ck either way. Heck, I just use the ignore button to get rid of people with high ping or who afk. 

Player are certainly whinier I cant do defense with mag, Khora, gara, vauban, wisp that the usually MESA or any  full DPS player waits till the end of the 5 waves and start of the waves from 5 to 10 to disconnects when the waves have already started, usually discouraging the team to keep going after 10, leaving me to do it solo.

In any game mode, if you go with "X" warframe about 1 or 2 players usually abandon at the point no new players can fill in the vacant,

Its not like I use a ranged limbo or slownova for defense or a rhino/valkyr for spy.

But certainly there's a lot of toxicity, maybe its me but I felt as it gotten worse recently.

There really isn't any more than normal. If anything it's just more pronounced. And this is not a Warframe unique situation Final Fantasy XIV, and WoW are having basically the same exact discussion to the question that you brought up here reasons may be different but the core of the matter is still the same.

People are basically tired and many are also cooped up due to Covid restrictions so tolerance levels are being pushed on all fronts. So much so that we are getting new mainstream vocabulary. Casual Toxicity as a term is now being brought up with increasing frequency in discussions around the internet in the past month.

We will have to wait and see how it all plays out. It is not simply Warframe issue its a general mmorpg issue. Just remember the easily agitated squawk the loudest. 

53 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Hmmmmm... Maybe.... 

Do you suppose that if the Toxicity gets high enough DE might finally get off their asses and finally implement a solution ?

They have. It’s called the ignore button or forum block list. If a blocked player attempts to contact or harass around the blocking system, DE can suspend or ban their account. The system works pretty well, it’s just that you have to get to the point where you need to block others.

Just wait for the latest (insert popular shooter game here), and most of the toxic players fizzle away from warframe a bit.

A year or two there was a bit of drama about a chat moderation. Some Youtubers had to mention ist over and over again for drama clicks. Since then they found a taste for drama and produce toxic waste in their channels on a weekly basis, encouraging their followers to attack other Youtubers, start drama threads in the forums and reddit and so on.

There is indeed a rising level of toxicity, mostly from people who are just blind followers of one Youtuber or another.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

They have. It’s called the ignore button or forum block list. If a blocked player attempts to contact or harass around the blocking system, DE can suspend or ban their account. The system works pretty well, it’s just that you have to get to the point where you need to block others.

Just wait for the latest (insert popular shooter game here), and most of the toxic players fizzle away from warframe a bit.

Unfortunately this doesn't protect players against Leeches and Griefers...

You'll have to define toxic because most times players that say it's toxic, don't have a clue what it means.

I've been called out before, for things such as:

• not reviving
  • stating how a ingame mechanic works
  • refusing to do something that goes against the team and the game, that can lead to a mission failure
  • calling out an afk player so that he is aware of what he's doing, to try and bring him back into the game

For example:

Hey <playername>, can you please not afk, otherwise a report will be done
Player - "You're toxic"

So before we blindly agree or disagree with you OP, please add context

5 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

You'll have to define toxic because most times players that say it's toxic, don't have a clue what it means.

I've benn called out before, for things such as:

• not reviving
  • stating how a ingame mechanic works
  • refusing to do something that goes against the team and the game, that can lead to a mission failure
  • calling out an afk player so that he is aware of what he's doing, to try and bring him back into the game

For example:

Hey <playername>, can you please not afk, otherwise a report will be done
Player - "You're toxic"

Pointing Up Morgan Freeman GIF by MOODMAN

I am rather pleased to say that over the course of four months I only had one experience that I could define by that criteria.

The irony of it being a Loki player in a Pug Survival that was upset that I was nuking the map. They left group at the 4 minute mark after berating my play style rather than extract at 5. Have to hand it to them for being dedicated I suppose.

Archived