Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Hate Having A Trade Tax. Get Rid of It.

(NSW)Kirbys-Epic-Yarn

I could literally forgive every bad aspect that exists in this game and most things are really great  about warframe  but I can’t forgive the idea of having a trade tax. This my veiw is literally the worst idea that DE ever came up with.🤦‍♂️ 

Paying a trade tax is like paying taxes to the US government. It all goes into blackhole at the end of the day and your credits are wasted on nothing like your real money is to the government.

I like trading it’s a perfect example of capitalism going right I think. Free association of two people that want two things from each other is an amazing thing I think. Then you got a bs trade tax that gets in the way of a great thing put in place.

I understand that you can farm credits by doing index missions but Why should people have their credits literally stolen from them for nothing what is the justification for this system put in place?

Uhhh, have you tried getting good?

Jokes aside I think it's put in place for a few reasons

-to prevent new players from being giving really good things too early in the game. Which only slow the process but what can you do

-Hinder people from selling boat loads of prime mods and Arcanes

-Clan tax (if there is any) helps active clans keep a small flow of credits.

It doesn't do any of these perfectly tho.

Also, in the U.S. most high price item transactions (even between just citizens) ARE taxed. Firearms, Property, and Vehicles are just a few I can name. If Warframe used that logic, there would be a plat trade tax. And THAT would be unforgivable. Credits are super easy to get, trade tax isn't terrible but it doesn't accomplish anything so it would't hurt if it was gone. 

9 hours ago, (XB1)DeathwishDragon said:

Uhhh, have you tried getting good?

Jokes aside I think it's put in place for a few reasons

-to prevent new players from being giving really good things too early in the game. Which only slow the process but what can you do

-Hinder people from selling boat loads of prime mods and Arcanes

-Clan tax (if there is any) helps active clans keep a small flow of credits.

It doesn't do any of these perfectly tho.

Also, in the U.S. most high price item transactions (even between just citizens) ARE taxed. Firearms, Property, and Vehicles are just a few I can name. If Warframe used that logic, there would be a plat trade tax. And THAT would be unforgivable. Credits are super easy to get, trade tax isn't terrible but it doesn't accomplish anything so it would't hurt if it was gone. 

Yes credits are easy to get but if something doesn’t accomplish something good and is only a hindrance to the player then i would think that it would be terrible. I personally think it would benefit the trading players and DE themselves if trade tax was wiped away for good.

New players would have to have a ton of plat to buy all the good things in trade but that dosent stop DE from having a market to buy experience stuff from tho yet theirs no credit tax in the market at all.

16 hours ago, (NSW)JJA209 said:

I Hate Having A Trade Tax. Get Rid of It.

🤔

No. 

what is the justification for this system put in place?

You should have written this before going on that rather silly rant. 

One of the things that it does is prevent people from just shuttling plat from account to account. You have to play the game at least a little bit. And let's face it, credits aren't an issue at all for players who actually play the game. 

33 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

🤔

No. 

You should have written this before going on that rather silly rant. 

One of the things that it does is prevent people from just shuttling plat from account to account. You have to play the game at least a little bit. And let's face it, credits aren't an issue at all for players who actually play the game. 

It’s not that I have a problem getting credits it’s just that the trade tax system is flawed. Got Excalibur umbra beat the star chart and I’m mr24 so I do play the game. If they want to prevent people from buying  stuff out right in the game then why don’t they have a credit tax when you buy stuff in the market? Why is that. Plus credits pay into upgrading mods and those are costly as well. The difference is that the credits when paying into upgrading mods is useful while the trade tax is a credit blackhole. If I have the money to buy something I like I can in the warframe market then I don’t see why it can’t be the same way for trading. It’s simple capitalism and trade tax gets in the way of capitalism.

Just now, (NSW)JJA209 said:

It’s not that I have a problem getting credits it’s just that the trade tax system is flawed. Got Excalibur umbra beat the star chart and I’m mr24 so I do play the game. If they want to prevent people from buying  stuff out right in the game then why don’t they have a credit tax when you buy stuff in the market? Why is that. Plus credits pay into upgrading mods and those are costly as well. The difference is that the credits when paying into upgrading mods is useful while the trade tax is a credit blackhole. If I have the money to buy something like I can in the warframe market then I don’t see why it can’t be the game way for trading. It’s simple capitalism and trade tax gets in the way of capitalism.

What part of what I wrote did you not grasp? 

Who says anything about preventing people from buying things? I specifically explained that it's to stop people from shuttling plat from account to account. Buying from the market typically doesn't result in large amounts of plat being deposited into an account. 

And here's a hint your MR is meaningless. People can easily get into their 20's from being carried and passive gear levelling and know almost nothing. There are low MR accounts with owners who are more knowledgeable and experienced that both of us combined. 

Well with plat trades you get premium currency, so ofc u should be taxed for it. 500p per plat isnt that much. There is no need for a person to just trade 1000 p worth of stuff every day and even then that plat tax is small amount for what u get in return. Upgrading mods or crafting items cost waaaay more than some trading.

Only time i dont like having trade tax is when u trade item for item. Since u wont gain some amazing benefit from it. Or when u give item away.

9 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

What part of what I wrote did you not grasp? 

Who says anything about preventing people from buying things? I specifically explained that it's to stop people from shuttling plat from account to account. Buying from the market typically doesn't result in large amounts of plat being deposited into an account. 

And here's a hint your MR is meaningless. People can easily get into their 20's from being carried and passive gear levelling and know almost nothing. There are low MR accounts with owners who are more knowledgeable and experienced that both of us combined. 

Why it is it bad to make maximum profit with the plat that a player earns through trading?

9 hours ago, ValloVN said:

Well with plat trades you get premium currency, so ofc u should be taxed for it. 500p per plat isnt that much. There is no need for a person to just trade 1000 p worth of stuff every day and even then that plat tax is small amount for what u get in return. Upgrading mods or crafting items cost waaaay more than some trading.

Only time i dont like having trade tax is when u trade item for item. Since u wont gain some amazing benefit from it. Or when u give item away.

Yeah the tax on prime stuff isn’t that bad tho but the tax being a million credits for prime mods is an absolute joke.

10 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:I specifically explained that it's to stop people from shuttling plat from account to account. Buying from the market typically doesn't result in large amounts of plat being deposited into an account. 

Then what you mean by this statement if not to let people maximize profits from plat.what do you mean by shutting large amounts of plat from account to account?

25 minutes ago, (NSW)JJA209 said:

Then what you mean by this statement if not to let people maximize profits from plat.what do you mean by shutting large amounts of plat from account to account?

12 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

🤔

. =snip=

11 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Learning to read and consider what's there and not just figuring it says what you wanted to see is important. 

hindrance to the player

dude are you like brand-new? devs main goal is to stifle players into spending cash on plat to rush past everything. even then there's tons of stuff you can't rush past no matter how deep your pockets are. this isn't new and probably not going anywhere as long as wf is f2play

41 minutes ago, (XB1)x ARTaco x said:

dude are you like brand-new? devs main goal is to stifle players into spending cash on plat to rush past everything. even then there's tons of stuff you can't rush past no matter how deep your pockets are. this isn't new and probably not going anywhere as long as wf is f2play

Probably,this is my first year and  the two extra  mouths in early 2019  of playing warframe on the switch. I have 600 hours of playtime.

Most players probably can’t even afford to do what I do so a time gate would actually be pointless for them considering that they have to do rng relics to sell the parts to make a small amount of plat .While I can just buy everything like a  1%er. I time gate has no affect on free to players it has an affect on the wealthy like myself that keep the game economy going.

On 2020-08-09 at 2:57 PM, (NSW)JJA209 said:

I could literally forgive every bad aspect that exists in this game and most things are really great  about warframe  but I can’t forgive the idea of having a trade tax. This my veiw is literally the worst idea that DE ever came up with.🤦‍♂️ 

Paying a trade tax is like paying taxes to the US government. It all goes into blackhole at the end of the day and your credits are wasted on nothing like your real money is to the government.

I like trading it’s a perfect example of capitalism going right I think. Free association of two people that want two things from each other is an amazing thing I think. Then you got a bs trade tax that gets in the way of a great thing put in place.

I understand that you can farm credits by doing index missions but Why should people have their credits literally stolen from them for nothing what is the justification for this system put in place?

Oh come on, there a worse things than trade tax to complain about. I don't like it either, I hate having to do the Index every so often for creds. It is what it is, better get used to it, cause its not leaving anytime soon.

18 hours ago, (NSW)JJA209 said:

Yes credits are easy to get but if something doesn’t accomplish something good and is only a hindrance to the player then i would think that it would be terrible. I personally think it would benefit the trading players and DE themselves if trade tax was wiped away for good.

New players would have to have a ton of plat to buy all the good things in trade but that dosent stop DE from having a market to buy experience stuff from tho yet theirs no credit tax in the market at all.

They literally just named a bunch of things that it accomplishes that are good.

2 hours ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

Oh come on, there a worse things than trade tax to complain about. I don't like it either, I hate having to do the Index every so often for creds. It is what it is, better get used to it, cause its not leaving anytime soon.

Yeah I get that but I gotta complain about something on the forums that I really hate otherwise their will be nothing to talk about here lol.

8 hours ago, (NSW)JJA209 said:

Probably,this is my first year and  the two extra  mouths in early 2019  of playing warframe on the switch. I have 600 hours of playtime.

Most players probably can’t even afford to do what I do so a time gate would actually be pointless for them considering that they have to do rng relics to sell the parts to make a small amount of plat .While I can just buy everything like a  1%er. I time gate has no affect on free to players it has an affect on the wealthy like myself that keep the game economy going.

Dude you need to understand that not everyone is above board. Trading can be used to shuttle valuable items from one alt account to another for any number of reasons. The credits tax is a way to slow that down, because it makes the recipient account have to play the game. 

It doesn't impair legitimate trade, because if a player is at the point where they are going to plonk down stacks of plat for primed mods, rivens, and god roll rivens, they're also at the point where they already have or can rapidly farm the necessary credits. 

What part of that didn't you see before you wrote out your rant? 

If you want to rant, make sure you pick something that's legitimately a problem. 

9 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Dude you need to understand that not everyone is above board. Trading can be used to shuttle valuable items from one alt account to another for any number of reasons. The credits tax is a way to slow that down, because it makes the recipient account have to play the game. 

It doesn't impair legitimate trade, because if a player is at the point where they are going to plonk down stacks of plat for primed mods, rivens, and god roll rivens, they're also at the point where they already have or can rapidly farm the necessary credits. 

What part of that didn't you see before you wrote out your rant? 

If you want to rant, make sure you pick something that's legitimately a problem. 

So  to actually play the game means to do a ton of index mission credit grinds in order to help pay off a black hole credit timesink. Never mind all the other existing grinds in the game to play towards like building prime parts,story missions,getting Excalibur umbra, star chat nodes, doing xp farms on hydron and Helene, not to mention the cost of credits and endo to that you can grind for or trade for to upgrade mods.

but some how trade tax is justified because playing the game means to do even more grinds  inorder to pay credits into a black hole.Otherwise you never actually play the game at all then.

On 2020-08-09 at 7:34 PM, (XB1)DeathwishDragon said:

Trade tax basically is a tax on everything that you trade for including plat so at that the end of it all you actually are being taxed on plat since it’s trade able.

1 hour ago, (NSW)JJA209 said:

So  to actually play the game means to do a ton of index mission credit grinds in order to help pay off a black hole credit timesink. Never mind all the other existing grinds in the game to play towards like building prime parts,story missions,getting Excalibur umbra, star chat nodes, doing xp farms on hydron and Helene, not to mention the cost of credits and endo to that you can grind for or trade for to upgrade mods.

but some how trade tax is justified because playing the game means to do even more grinds  inorder to pay credits into a black hole.Otherwise you never actually play the game at all then.

If the index is the only way you know how to collect credits, then yes. Fortunately for those of us who play the game, we know that it's not. Also getting Umbra is a grind? LOL. 

And again you've failed to grasp the point that was made in the post that you are responding to, or even reply to it. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

If the index is the only way you know how to collect credits, then yes. Fortunately for those of us who play the game, we know that it's not. Also getting Umbra is a grind? LOL. 

And again you've failed to grasp the point that was made in the post that you are responding to, or even reply to it. 

Yes you are right but it’s the fastest way to get credits and the most from what I know and experience so far.

2 hours ago, (NSW)JJA209 said:

Yes you are right but it’s the fastest way to get credits and the most from what I know and experience so far.

Maybe spend some time on learning about the game, and understanding what is going on, so that when you try to rant about something, you know what you are talking about? 

Profit taker can be an excellent source of credits if you sell your soul to Little Duck and Chroma. Past that, not a lot can compare to the efficiency and relatively low gear check of Index. Dark Sectors and that one disruption mission are options but still not nearly as lucrative.

Honestly I was going to add in my original reply "that there are better things to complain about". But I didn't feel like it would add to the conversation.

Never really considered that trade tax hindered alt account plat transfer. You brought up a good point.

Also I don't think anyone explicitly stated that it's more of a reliable time sink for actively trading players. If you want to drag in the plat at a high rate from other players, you need to keep your credits flowing too.

NGL I wish all tax in dojos was redirected to the dojo that way it's not "wasted". 

But on a different hand. If a credit fee(a F2P friendly resource) is the only limiting factor in the incredibly open trading system, then I'm fine dealing with it. I know most games don't require premium currency to trade, but if it was required, it would be an atrocity if warframe did.

This open trading system makes it possible for F2P to get to the same exact place in all aspects of the game (minus a very small portion of cosmetics). They just have to work harder to reach that point.

Archived