Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does saryn get hate?

(XBOX)Random Brit7900

Question

That's strange. I have played Saryn a lot as a nuke/damage frame for many years and not once recieved a hate message. 

It could be that the xbox community has more kids and so you run in to less mature players more often than ps4 and pc.

Run a mirage on survival with the augment explosive legerdeman, max range and some power strength. That will give them something to moan about ;)

7 minutes ago, MacIntoc said:

Not enough mobs.

That was the case a long time ago. But now, everything is designed to be be appropriate whatever the mission and level.

It's plenty enough mobs you just need to wait for the spawn rates more often, don't use other players to nuke your Saryn knowing they don't like it. Now a coordinated team that you brought with you is understandable, for the fact that they agreed to you nuking the map. 

31 minutes ago, (XBOX)IMABEMEOUTLAW said:

then why don't you play solo

Not enough mobs.

32 minutes ago, (XBOX)IMABEMEOUTLAW said:

we as players should use good judgement when selecting a Warframe that is appropriate for the level of difficulty in the mission

That was the case a long time ago. But now, everything is designed to be be appropriate whatever the mission and level.

17 hours ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

I think most would agree with you that using Saryn for ESO is appropriate and useful.  What some of us are saying is that there is a time and place that is ideal to wield that much power in a mission.  Statements like "if you don’t like leave the session" doesn't help your argument on the debate team.  It only shows your lack of sportsmanship if all you can say is too bad if you don't like it, I'm going to do what I want.  This IS a Co-op game where you should have some basic concept of being a "team player." If you don't want or need too play with other people, then why don't you play solo instead of forcing everyone else to Abort the Lith Survival on Earth because some Saryn spams her 4 and prevents everyone from obtaining enough reactant within time limit.  I don't HATE Saryn, as she is an amazing powerful Warframe.  Like it or not, Warframe is a Team based cooperative game and we as players should use good judgement when selecting a Warframe that is appropriate for the level of difficulty in the mission.  What concerns me more is having to explain the concept of being a team player and using good judgement when selecting a Warframe that is appropriate for a mission. 

tl:dr

Yes it's your option to choose whatever Warframe you want to play.
Using Saryn in every mission is your CHOICE but it doesn't make it right or ideal so that other players can participate and enjoy some Grineer killing fun too.

People like you are the reason why people don't like saryn , if you're going to do a public Match, don't kill everything and spam your first and forth over and over. Knowing you'll have others join you in public it's more of a courtesy thing not to just run through the mission spamming your saryn while doing a public Match. If you can't respect that then play solo and you can nuke maps all day. Stop using others for the extra loot drops, that's the only reason you're going public if you're so cocky and confident about your Saryn. 

hace 16 horas, (XBOX)sinamanthediva dijo:

I think most would agree with you that using Saryn for ESO is appropriate and useful.  What some of us are saying is that there is a time and place that is ideal to wield that much power in a mission.  Statements like "if you don’t like leave the session" doesn't help your argument on the debate team.  It only shows your lack of sportsmanship if all you can say is too bad if you don't like it, I'm going to do what I want.  This IS a Co-op game where you should have some basic concept of being a "team player." If you don't want or need too play with other people, then why don't you play solo instead of forcing everyone else to Abort the Lith Survival on Earth because some Saryn spams her 4 and prevents everyone from obtaining enough reactant within time limit.  I don't HATE Saryn, as she is an amazing powerful Warframe.  Like it or not, Warframe is a Team based cooperative game and we as players should use good judgement when selecting a Warframe that is appropriate for the level of difficulty in the mission.  What concerns me more is having to explain the concept of being a team player and using good judgement when selecting a Warframe that is appropriate for a mission. 

tl:dr

Yes it's your option to choose whatever Warframe you want to play.
Using Saryn in every mission is your CHOICE but it doesn't make it right or ideal so that other players can participate and enjoy some Grineer killing fun too.

Saryn is my main.

in eso I play her full spores.

in other quest, especially hydron, I don’t use espores.

In general I don’t see especial abuse with saryn, and in eso I see that’s is better alone, carry other that leave out round two or killing my enemies is worse for me.

26 minutes ago, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

if you don't like random frames, don't use random groups. create a clan or group to play with.

Or play solo, right? Or possibly just don't even play the game in the first place?

Don't see why I have to go out of my way to fix DE's bad game design instead of just contributing to feedback, but sure.

27 minutes ago, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

Personally i hate Limbo - but i don't write any hate lines to player.

Inferring that I do? I've already suggested you provide evidence if you have it. 

29 minutes ago, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

coop means playing together for a goal.

Standing there watching the metaphorical paint dry is not playing. That's literally my first post, we've come full circle.

Inb4 you just repeat yourself again, leading me to repeat myself again, because you have nothing more to contribute.

hace 23 horas, Ahrimansiah dijo:

really???? your answer for only 1 warframe which makes MANY angry is go play solo!!! to all those masterminds and ascended beings with IQ beyond measure in this topic who says: GO SOLO!!!.....  

ever though... A LITTLE BIT... that THIS PEOPLE DO love to play online with everyone else except saryn?... i know its as hard as rocket science but write it on a board and think about it: PEOPLE love playing with others! they just DONT LIKE it when a broken balance design like saryn, in a game where there are missions with NOT SHARED KILL COUNT OBJECTIVE and the fun is THE ACTUAL KILLING can take away their fun!

I use saryn in eso a lot, 8 rounds and farm focus and relics.

if someone enter in my open squad, welcome.

if you are angry with my saryn, leave.

i use the best Warframe for each situation; saryn is good for eso.

I don’t understand why a person is angry with a public season with saryn, if you don’t like leave the session.

48 minutes ago, (NSW)Rafa-el said:

Go to eso alone... o no, you don’t have Saryn in eso...

really???? your answer for only 1 warframe which makes MANY angry is go play solo!!! to all those masterminds and ascended beings with IQ beyond measure in this topic who says: GO SOLO!!!.....  

ever though... A LITTLE BIT... that THIS PEOPLE DO love to play online with everyone else except saryn?... i know its as hard as rocket science but write it on a board and think about it: PEOPLE love playing with others! they just DONT LIKE it when a broken balance design like saryn, in a game where there are missions with NOT SHARED KILL COUNT OBJECTIVE and the fun is THE ACTUAL KILLING can take away their fun!

hace 12 horas, Ahrimansiah dijo:

Saryn is VERY annoying ESPECIALLY in low levels if ur doing missions where u need kill, she can ruin eximus kill missions, also killing everything just by standing somewhere not only make it boring but also steals the XP, u gain much more xp when u do more damage/kill yourself, i do remember once i wasted around 30min for a eximus killing mission of nightwave due to saryn being in every group of onslaught...

I hate it when i see saryn in group for that! killing the fun and ruining my mission is enough to dislike this frame...

Go to eso alone... o no, you don’t have Saryn in eso...

Most players who play WF want to experience the game.

The majority experience of WF is killing enemies.

A semi-well experienced Saryn player can isolate or remove that experience from other players if utilizing Saryn's mass killing capability.

Some players don't mind depending on their goals.

Some players do mind because they want to take part in the game and the killing process. 

Obviously they could just do a private game, but the majority of players will use PUBG. It's a roll of the dice. Sometimes they mind, sometimes they don't. We can be very lazy beings and often times we don't mind someone to do the heavy (lightweight for Saryn) lifting for us. It just depends on the player and their goal for that mission (to experience the game through use of their warframe and weapons to kill enemies or just to gather resources or some xp)

En 10/8/2020 a las 14:51, Nok-Rntha dijo:

Because she and other nukeframes make the game boring
The novelty of affinity numbers spamming your screen from killed enemies wears off quickly and you start thinking "What is my purpose? Why am I even here?"

Exacty, it's frustrating, and it adds up to the pile of "why am I even playing this?"

8 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Said killer

Well if saryn is doing her job right there should be spores on everything ticking damage away which can always make it look like she is doing most of the kills when she isnt. So to start with your assuming she is doing all the killing, just like the damage counter clocks damage past the point of killing the enemy but hey so long as the numbers make it look like that lets all hate on the saryn right?

11 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

nor is pressing your "buff" button once every twenty seconds even remotely comparable to a cooperative experience.

When i play trinity i expect to be doing nothing but buffing every 20 seconds, this is why i play trinity.

12 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

And honestly, you should feel bad for suggesting that it does.

and honestly you need to get a clue.

Just now, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

than please read what i've wrote?

As if what you wrote is relevant to what I wrote? But sure.

1 minute ago, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

while actually there is a timegap between infection and kill

Yes, a short time that starts as soon as the enemy is within range to be affected, regardless of whether the caster or anyone else can even see them yet, regularly resulting in enemies dying before they even enter line of sight.

Or are we just going to pretend that walls don't exist? I don't think we've stared at enough goats yet for that to work.

vor 1 Minute schrieb DeMonkey:

Please don't be disingenuous.

Address what I said, if you wouldn't mind. Where is the "coop" when one person is doing 90% of the work?

than please read what i've wrote?

if a person do 90% of the damage, while actually there is a timegap between infection and kill, what do the other players do? waiting? 

even with a Saryn in the team i normally have around 15-30% of damage (with a Nezha) so i really don't get the point.

Just now, Lxndr77 said:

Then the other 10% should be buffing and assisting the killer, thats why its co op.

Said killer clearly does not need assistance nor buffs, nor is pressing your "buff" button once every twenty seconds even remotely comparable to a cooperative experience.

And honestly, you should feel bad for suggesting that it does.

Archived