Why does saryn get hate?

Go to solution Solved by Jemmies,

Question

On 2020-08-10 at 12:05 PM, kgabor said:

I remember Pablo mentioning he wants to rework Saryn at some point. (means Saryn will most likely be gutted like Ember)

This was a long time ago, but i still expect the nerf to come soon™.

Later that same week he explained that he was joking and there was no rework planned. 

On 2020-08-10 at 3:04 AM, (XB1)Random Brit7900 said:

I run saryn quite a lot, 9/10 I’ll get a hate message. Why? 

I run Saryn and I've never gotten a "hate" message.

But baddies hate her because they think she's too powerful and she's anti-fun.
People play for different reasons, I guess. Some people play because they want to feel powerful doing things like shooting their gun or swinging their weapon. Saryn (and a lot of other frames) don't allow them to do that in starmap missions because of how she can wipe out enemies with her 1 and 4.

So, they complain when Saryn outshines them with what they feel is a "no-skill" warframe. You know, because Warframe is such a pvp centric game that they need to measure themselves against other players. <_<

2 hours ago, uAir said:

I run Saryn and I've never gotten a "hate" message.

But baddies hate her because they think she's too powerful and she's anti-fun.
People play for different reasons, I guess. Some people play because they want to feel powerful doing things like shooting their gun or swinging their weapon. Saryn (and a lot of other frames) don't allow them to do that in starmap missions because of how she can wipe out enemies with her 1 and 4.

So, they complain when Saryn outshines them with what they feel is a "no-skill" warframe. You know, because Warframe is such a pvp centric game that they need to measure themselves against other players. <_<

The problem with having the Power of Sayrn is that it not used responsibly.  There is a time and place that it is appropriate and ideal to use such power.  But unfortunately the thrill of having such power, is used too often in missions where its overkill and obnoxious.  There is no need for people to bring Saryn to Hydron under the guise of "i'm doing everyone a favor  by killing everything for you" unless of course one is Leveling up Saryn.   Like I said previously, If everyone were to play Saryn in missions since she is competent at killing, how fun would it be for all participating? Yes this is a game with public matchmaking, but knowing the power of Saryn, I make a conscious decision to NOT play Saryn out of courtesy and respect for other peoples gaming experience.  It is a choice, if people choose to exercise that choice I can't stop them and thus those individuals can get hate msgs in the hopes of correcting the errors of their way. Now go do the RIGHT thing Tenno!

14 minutes ago, (XB1)sinamanthediva said:

It's a choice, if people choose to exercise that choice I can't stop them and thus those individuals can get hate msgs in the hopes of correcting the errors of their way. Now go do the RIGHT thing Tenno!

But toxicity shouldn't be viewed as some sort of benevolent way to punish 'wrongdoers', that's what religions did and still do and religions are dying partly for that reason, it's hypocritical and shouldn't be excused. 

In some cases it might have some real life affecting consequences, all over something that's really just a minor inconvience.

Maybe that person using a broken meta option does so because he/she is depressed and just wants to get over some grind to clear their mind and be able to focus on something else more relaxing and less annoying.

15 minutes ago, kgabor said:

But toxicity shouldn't be viewed as some sort of benevolent way to punish 'wrongdoers', that's what religions did and still do and religions are dying partly for that reason, it's hypocritical and shouldn't be excused. 

In some cases it might have some real life affecting consequences, all over something that's really just a minor inconvience.

Maybe that person using a broken meta option does so because he/she is depressed and just wants to get over some grind to clear their mind and be able to focus on something else more relaxing and less annoying.

I agree with you and in no way did I or am I advocating Toxicity for any reason.  I have gotten many toxic messages over the years ( for reasons other than Saryn use) and don't promote that type of behavior anywhere rather it be gaming or life in general.  Unfortunately some people want to force their opinions right or wrong on other people and only spread hatred and anger instead of positive messages to affect change.

It's not a minor inconvenience to disrupt the gameplay of the entire squad because of one player has chosen to abuse the power of Saryn on a Exterminate on Venus.  It's also wrong to casually dismiss it as some form of useful therapy to help some poor down trodden teen angst ridden juvenile delinquent become a better person.  I choose to NOT abuse the privilege of having the Power of Saryn at my disposal because it is the right thing to do,

Now go do the Right thing Tenno!

3 hours ago, (XB1)sinamanthediva said:

The problem with having the Power of Sayrn is that it not used responsibly.  There is a time and place that it is appropriate and ideal to use such power.  But unfortunately the thrill of having such power, is used too often in missions where its overkill and obnoxious.  There is no need for people to bring Saryn to Hydron under the guise of "i'm doing everyone a favor  by killing everything for you" unless of course one is Leveling up Saryn.   Like I said previously, If everyone were to play Saryn in missions since she is competent at killing, how fun would it be for all participating? Yes this is a game with public matchmaking, but knowing the power of Saryn, I make a conscious decision to NOT play Saryn out of courtesy and respect for other peoples gaming experience.  It is a choice, if people choose to exercise that choice I can't stop them and thus those individuals can get hate msgs in the hopes of correcting the errors of their way. Now go do the RIGHT thing Tenno!

You're right on your second part there. This is a game with public matchmaking. If you don't like how some people want to play their games you can go play private mode.
You don't dictate how people play the game in public. They join the game and they accept however you want to play. You join and you accept however they want to play.
If you don't like it, find 3 more of the people who don't want Saryn and team up with them. There are apparently a whole lot of those players out there so it shouldn't even be hard to do.

It's akin to me jumping into a public tridolon and expecting everyone to be on point with meta frames. Do I go into public tridolon bounty and then act toxic to the people who join with Atlas? Maybe it's better for me to just join/recruit for a private game with 3 other people who all agree to play what we expect people to play and play the way we want them to play.

So again, if you want that, host a private game and play with your 3 buddies. You definitely shouldn't be acting toxic or angry at people in public games for playing however or whatever they want.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, uAir said:

You're right on your second part there. This is a game with public matchmaking. If you don't like how some people want to play their games you can go play private mode.
You don't dictate how people play the game in public. They join the game and they accept however you want to play. You join and you accept however they want to play.
If you don't like it, find 3 more of the people who don't want Saryn and team up with them. There are apparently a whole lot of those players out there so it shouldn't even be hard to do.

It's akin to me jumping into a public tridolon and expecting everyone to be on point with meta frames. Do I go into public tridolon bounty and then act toxic to the people who join with Atlas? Maybe it's better for me to just join/recruit for a private game with 3 other people who all agree to play what we expect people to play and play the way we want them to play.

So again, if you want that, host a private game and play with your 3 buddies. You definitely shouldn't be acting toxic or angry at people in public games for playing however or whatever they want.

Yes I am fully aware of my options regarding public matchmaking but that is not in question here.  The issue is that apparently I can't and/or shouldn't assume players have enough common sense to realize when it is appropriate to use Saryn and her far reaching, board wiping capabilities. I have NEVER been toxic nor do I advocate being Toxic for any reason in game or outside in the real world.  I have ,on occasion, mentioned to public randoms using Saryn in a mission not worthy of her capabilities, that it was not very respectful to fellow squad-mates.  For the record, your analogy of Atlas in a Tridolon hunt is NOT appropriate as Atlas isn't going to kill everything on the map, behind walls in another room and leave the other players bored while his Death Spores do the work for him.  It all boils down to CHOICE, I CHOOSE to be civilized, respectful and courteous to my fellow Tenno.  If a player chooses to abuse the Power of Saryn for their own personal gains, it is their Choice, but is that the best choice for all involved! I can't and won't force anyone to make the right choice, that's on you because it's YOUR CHOICE! Be a good Tenno and make the right choice!

Edited by (XB1)sinamanthediva
grammar correction