Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does saryn get hate?

(XBOX)Random Brit7900

Question

vor 54 Minuten schrieb DeMonkey:

Saryn doesn't tend to get much hate on higher missions, it's the lower levels making up 90% of the game where she has the potential to affect another players ability to have fun.

But please, continue to address my playstyle instead of my comment, because that's not telling at all.

it depends on the playstyle.. 

as you're right on lower level (1-10) missions (where i have no idea why choosing Saryn as a frame on such mission),

on higher level there is just a timegap between Saryn's infection and the actual kill, where you have plenty of time to kill targets.

and: Frame like Volt, Ember, Banshee or whatever also kills Maps on lower missions )mostly more effective than Saryn does) - but i can't see newer hate comments about them? so, thats a little bit confusing, of this is the only reason or not?

Just now, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

if a Saryn kills everything around you, you do something really wrong... espacially on higher missions...

Saryn doesn't tend to get much hate on higher missions, it's the lower levels making up 90% of the game where she has the potential to affect another players ability to have fun.

But please, continue to address my playstyle instead of my comment, because that's not telling at all.

1 minute ago, Lxndr77 said:

So to start with your assuming she is doing all the killing

No, no I'm not. There's plenty of evidence out there of Saryns, and other frames as well, outkilling by a significant enough margin to affect another players enjoyment.

1 minute ago, Lxndr77 said:

When i play trinity i expect to be doing nothing but buffing every 20 seconds, this is why i play trinity.

That's great. I'm glad you find enjoyment roleplaying as Homer's drinking bird.

I, on the other hand, actually want to play a videogame.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Random Brit7900 said:

I’m not a bloodthirsty kill type, Most of the time I hang back and look for resources and caches.

In cases too many, an individual in society receives hate for just having certain biological/cultural traits.

12 hours ago, (PS4)NoTrollGaming said:

Probably cause your killing all the enemies and leaving none for the teammates lol or in relic runs killing them before they can be corrupted

I second this opinion.

As someone who see a lot of Saryns and doesn't play as one, it's hard to enjoy the game when one of your team mate steal everyone's kills without even trying. We want part of the action too, leave some.

To be clear: I don't mind a Saryn in my team and I never complain. I can sometimes match or at least get close to the Saryn with a warframe that isn't usually nuke.
If I play a warframe that is built for support, I won't be surprised if the Saryn takes all the kills, I will even be happy about it. When I take a warframe to kill stuff, I expect to kill and not to compete with the Saryn over killing that-enemy-I-just-noticed-but-the-other-guy-is-killing-it-without-even-knowing.

vor einer Stunde schrieb (XB1)Random Brit7900:

I run saryn quite a lot, 9/10 I’ll get a hate message. Why? 

i'll run with Saryn a lot, sometimes get some hate but nothing much in the end. 

but if you read through the forum you'll find a few people who just hate Saryn for her abilitys - because they get less killes in missions. maybe they are not aware that this is a coop game.

never understand why they hate Saryn - but not the other Frame with more massdestruction abilitys.

I'm one of the ones who really isn't concerned what other players are doing, if theres a nuker on my team, then I will just sit back have a smoke and watch the fun, sometimes assist but they rarely need it.  If thats how someone wants to play, have at it, i'm not going to stop you having fun.  I get a lot of hate playing nuke banshee too when I'm MR'ing up weapons or w/e.

vor 14 Stunden schrieb DeMonkey:

Thank goodness you said this, I was worried the bait might be too subtle.

If you have to step out of range in order to find kills and enjoyment in the first place, how exactly are you cooperating? You can't cooperate with someone in the next room. Not only will you be out of range of buffs and shared affinity but you'll get people boohooing about spawns.

So I'll refer you back to your own previous comment.

Maybe you're not aware that this is a coop game (haha, funny joke), making such a suggestion.

yeah thats funny.

sorry but warframe is a game with many options. we need frames like Saryn with area effects.

if you don't like random frames, don't use random groups. create a clan or group to play with.

or deal with what you get if you use a rng system.

Personally i hate Limbo - but i don't write any hate lines to player. i also don't repeatly posting hate posts about limbo. there are players who likes to play him. so have fun. i don't judge people for their playing.  i'll just can leave groups with a limbo if i want. 

but no, it's truelly better if we just kick the frame others like, just because some player don't like it - so kill the funny of many just to sadisfy a few. great choice... Ember (yes again) is a perfect example how you will kill a frame and the fun of many.

coop means playing together for a goal. it does not mean you need to kill as many enemys as you can. 

I love Saryn as an ally, but managing the spread of disease is too annoying to manage. I was a Saryn main in sanctuary onslaught til maimbombers were blowing out my damage every time, so I built an Equinox and now Saryn collects dust. Saryn with Equinox works great too, as the ones maim doesn't finish are ready to put disease into the new wave of spawns. 

20 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

yup, funny, that was the exact same argument for embers world on fire, yet she got nerfed, but saryn/mesa keep their easymodes.

I remember Pablo mentioning he wants to rework Saryn at some point. (means Saryn will most likely be gutted like Ember)

This was a long time ago, but i still expect the nerf to come soon™.

Saryn needs an adjustment in the Spore damage numbers anyways, Spore is not only a great scaling debuff ability, on top of having high base damage numbers for a cheap 1. ability, it also scales damage on the number of enemies affected, which means instakills up to Sortie levels (and basically everything on non-Steel Path starchart, though that's not saying a lot)levels with a proper build and near instant kills until a certain level. (but from what i've seen it works fine even in Steel Path)

The base damage numbers need some tweaking imo. in return for a longer duration for Spores, the damage scaling and the Corrosive damage and procs are fine for this ability imo., but the base damage numbers are way overtuned for low level star chart nuking, which can be the cause of some problems in pugs. (though my example was from before Saryn got this meme tier overbuff and some people hated Saryn just for existing even back then)

The main problem is that quite often, Sayrns deny others from playing the game as it's meant to be, leaving them to just basically be bullet jumping decoration for the squad. The fact that her most commonly used DMG ability bypasses walls means that enemies can be killed without anyone even knowing they are there. A sayrn who knows what they are doing will always have their 1 up, because there can only be negatives for the sayrn if it isn't.

7 hours ago, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

if a Saryn kills everything around you, you do something really wrong... espacially on higher missions...

yup, funny, that was the exact same argument for embers world on fire, yet she got nerfed, but saryn/mesa keep their easymodes.

4 hours ago, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

just because you have another opinion don't mean that what i've wrote is not related.

Indeed it does, because my comment to you was "One person killing everything is not "coop"."

Timegaps and my personal playstyle aren't really relevant to that.

than step out of the range?

Thank goodness you said this, I was worried the bait might be too subtle.

If you have to step out of range in order to find kills and enjoyment in the first place, how exactly are you cooperating? You can't cooperate with someone in the next room. Not only will you be out of range of buffs and shared affinity but you'll get people boohooing about spawns.

So I'll refer you back to your own previous comment.

7 hours ago, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

maybe they are not aware that this is a coop game.

Maybe you're not aware that this is a coop game (haha, funny joke), making such a suggestion.

i just can't see why a player has to offend against a Saryn player just because of it's frame. there is NO excuse for doing this. if you see this different than maybe you should think about it.

If you can find any evidence of me "offending against a Saryn player", feel free to provide it.

2 hours ago, SHArK-FiN said:

things I don't like about Saryn in:

Fissure mission - killing the normal enemies too quick, many times we don't have enough reactants to open relic at the end of the map. Forcing us to go far back and look for new spawns.

Survival - this do not need to be explained.

Farming - making the loots laying all around the map.

When there are 2 saryns, another one decided to spam her 4.

High level defence - Saryn shouldn't be a problem on nuking enemies, but i have seen many underpower or wrong build saryn without the capacbility to nuke enemies fast, with her spamming 4 stunning the enemies at the edge of the map.

I have no concern on any Saryn that makes a mission progress fast, because I would add myself into the formula and make the progress even faster. However, I am against whatever slowing the whole team down without self-awareness.

This and the fact that its simply boring in a mission with a Saryn unless the mission requires killing quickly to complete said mission. (i.e. ESO)  I find it amusing that there is a thread devoted to the psychoanalysis of why the hatred towards players who use Saryn. It's simple and requires no thesis paper for an explanation.

Here's a scenario that might make it more apparent for those still searching for answers:
You start a mission and realize all 4 squad members have chosen Saryn to be their savior from the tyranny of Vor!
What is the first thing that comes to mind:
a)  Wow this is gonna be super fun and challenging!
b)  Dear lord I guess I'll go warm my Tito's Pizza Rolls since I'll have nothing much to do after I press my Y button.
c)  Oh no, now I'll have to work to be number 1 in kills.
d)  Abort mission because an Epiphany occurs and you realize the absurdity of having 1 Saryn in a mission, let alone 4

Personally I find anyone that plays Saryn outside of ESO as lazy, selfish and narcissistic but everyone is entitled to my opinion. So don't be surprised to be shamed and ridiculed for bringing her to a Lith Exterminate on Earth and have a MR > 2. So now go be good Tenno Team players and enjoy Warframe without the needless carnage of Saryn to stroke your Ego! Become enlightened and smell the pretty Frostleaf Flowers before the Saryn Users of the World destroy them with senseless spamming of spores!

31 minutes ago, SHArK-FiN said:

I have no concern on any Saryn that makes a mission progress fast, because I would add myself into the formula and make the progress even faster. However, I am against whatever slowing the whole team down without self-awareness.

This goes for any playing style which makes the objective/rewards less-achievable/stalls completion; for example, using up life support capsules too soon (at high %), or hijacking all communication towers at a low-level fissure interception mission. It might be easier with Saryn to make mistakes, but what it usually takes is just a reminder in the chat how the mission works; usually these are due to a newbie(ish) player not knowing how the mechanism works. No need for hate messages! (I don't mean to say you meant they were, just reminding this for others reading this thread)

Also, there are problems in getting enough reactant only in low-level fissure missions (especially if the mission is the kind where it will progress despite what players do; actually interception is the only mission type); in all others, there will be plenty of reactant only with the enemies which are corrupted immediately at the fissure. Though, I must admit I'm not completely sure on the enemy spawn/fissure relation. I believe sometimes, but not always, new corrupted enemies spawn when the fissure appears, but sometimes the fissure will spawn just by itself, waiting enemies to wander close enough. Too fast disposal of enemies might make it more time-consuming to get enough reactant at low(er) level fissures, and also could theoretically cause problems in defense/survival missions, too (as for those, too, the mission will progress despite what players do). In my experience, I've only had problems in interception - but I'm not sure I've ever had someone who has a nuke frame and using it counter-productively in the team. Low level defense missions do come close, but even then there has been 30s or more left on the clock when everyone has 10 reactant. 

Some survival mission maps are weird in that enemies seem to often spawn at locations where the players are not, but I've yet to play such map with a fissure.

vor 42 Minuten schrieb DeMonkey:

Or play solo, right? Or possibly just don't even play the game in the first place?

not what i've wrote - may you should please response to what i've wrote - thanks.

Don't see why I have to go out of my way to fix DE's bad game design instead of just contributing to feedback, but sure.

it's bad design to have different options to play?

so you are one of the persons who restrict use of everything instead of giving options and let people choose?

Inferring that I do? I've already suggested you provide evidence if you have it. 

first of all - there are missing some words. because you DO hate posts about Saryn.

and other - like the OP wrote - write hate lines.

Standing there watching the metaphorical paint dry is not playing. That's literally my first post, we've come full circle.

Inb4 you just repeat yourself again, leading me to repeat myself again, because you have nothing more to contribute.

sorry but you just want your opinion to be the only truth. and you don't want to see other sights. 

so - think whatever you want. it's a free world. 

i will stop here - not because i have no more to write - just because this lead to nothing.

you will only believe in your opinion and thats not a base for any discussion. only for a monolog.

Archived