Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Level Max Helminth idea: Weekly 1x Nitain production

smashedwookie

While I can already see people says that Nitain isn’t all that bad to get, it is only reliably available when Nightwave is up.

As for the way to produce it using Helminth I would do it the following way:

• Require max level Helminth
  • Use 100% of all type of “food”
  • Require a random built frame*

*no frame requiring Nitain to build (Wukong come to mind) or some of the more annoying ones to farm (Grendel, Gauss, Harrow, Khora, Nidus, etc.)

This would then produce 1x Nitain extract. Having it limited as a weekly make so it is still rare, but also give us a reliable option to get some.

5 minutes ago, smashedwookie said:

While I can already see people says that Nitain isn’t all that bad to get, it is only reliably available when Nightwave is up.

As for the way to produce it using Helminth I would do it the following way:

• Require max level Helminth
  • Use 100% of all type of “food”
  • Require a random built frame*

*no frame requiring Nitain to build (Wukong come to mind) or some of the more annoying ones to farm (Grendel, Gauss, Harrow, Khora, Nidus, etc.)

This would then produce 1x Nitain extract. Having it limited as a weekly make so it is still rare, but also give us a reliable option to get some.

When nightwave is up we're in the intermissions. 

Also who is this even targeted at? Newbs won't be doing all of that any time soon. Everyone else should be able to get a metric crap load of nitain at the beginning of any nightwave/intermission. 

Nightwave already rewards enough Nitain, and people that still need it wouldn't really benefit from this idea anyways. The whole thing seems like a pretty big resource and time sink, something people that still need Nitain aren't going to be able to complete in a short period.

vor 11 Minuten schrieb (XB1)CaligulaTwily:

Why? Is Nitain this rare? I get tons from NW. Does something get repeatedly crafted that needs Nitain?

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Yamazuki:

Nightwave already rewards enough Nitain, and people that still need it wouldn't really benefit from this idea anyways. The whole thing seems like a pretty big resource and time sink, something people that still need Nitain aren't going to be able to complete in a short period.

We need alternatives still, Nighwave is limited, not everyone will know wahwt to buy from the start, or how many they might even need in the future, on top of new things you have to choose from with aswell.

Helmith should not be the alternative maybe but other ways liek Syndicts. Considering some resoruces at the start can be rare.

Just because people can horde Nitain, eather do focusing on it or having everything else already not means others can, considering most challanges not avilable yet for new players even. A lot of people have a limtied time to play, you can't let them focus on Nightwave alone, or they are  stuck not progressing at all.

Everyone started new, so could people stop prtending something is easy like this just becasue you palyed longer and camp the wiki all day, wiki should assist and nto be mandatory for such, Nightwave in its stay is player unfriendly, battlepasses and limited events overall are that nto come back in the same state they were,

I still not see why we could not keep both alerts adn Nightwave, as flawed alerts were, it at least was a random chance, or hell put them in invasions, give us a reward choice instead of something put in stone, woudl popualte invasions more instead of Fieldron or Injectors you later will be overflowed with, those are more stable at least and can be build if needed.

35 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

i do support this and any other "rare" commodity that helminth can create by absorbing other materials (i even made a similar suggestion in the past),

though a full frame might be too much as a component?

maybe just the BP ?

yes bp I prefer have a chose throw bp in there for the fact, I had too many bp but never have the time to buy warframe slots because getting plats from players is usually more then hard trade now.  Marketing stock pile is becoming more insane because players are demanding more on some mods but now they are super high demand on warframe and wanted that plat for quick sale trade for plats while they are trying buy more warframe slots because players are getting ready for helminth.

I want this now as possible component throw in warframe bp in there so I don't have to worry about need complete a rhino set and throw it into helminth for I wanted to get the pure essence of warframe abilities .  This farming and grinding all these frames again to throw them in there takes too long and not only that if anyone remember that it will take 24 hours to wait for 1 warframe to be devoured for it to be removed in your inventory if you feed it to helminth.

This is small part of major problem in the chose of doing the waiting, more likely I prefer have tons of slots on helminth to throw in all the frame into it now instead of waiting.  Now I am just wondering why didn't Dev do this way but made everyone take the long way but more likely we won't get clear answer from them yet about wondering why it have to take this long.  Anyway I think it would be better to throw the bp because it is way faster then wait for 24 hours dissolved.

24 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

We need alternatives still, Nighwave is limited, not everyone will know wahwt to buy from the start, or how many they might even need in the future, on top of new things you have to choose from with aswell.

You keep earning nightwave creds as you progress through the tiers. And most of the other offerings are cosmetic items. 

vor 1 Minute schrieb (PS4)guzmantt1977:

You keep earning nightwave creds as you progress through the tiers. And most of the other offerings are cosmetic items. 

I am aware fo that, but even that has limits and as said not everyone got time to do all to get presitge ranks, it is sitll limited and NW can be over and start next session. It is not farmable like any other resource simply, and that is a problem, if oyu not see it, good for you i guess but for others it is.

It is a resource oyu have to do a chore for, not RNG not farmable, just locked behind some timegate basically. It is a resource you need for other things, not some weapon or skin damnit. Not anythign prerbuild or so, you cna't even buy it from the amrket, so what is the point of it if not even a marketing standpoint?

You can buy things like neurodes for god sake still that got trown after you, even mutagen samples for the Hema research you could buy, but Nitain is such a rare example for some reason, it got introduced to fill in gaps, nothing more, just like Javlok Condensators, remeber those? Or Orokin Ciphers? Once its doen you have no use forthem anymore but Nitain somehow sticks out liek this because?

DE can't balance even there won ingame economy resoruces and credtirs, sorry, as much i love them but this issue will keep stacking up, especially if newer resources come again, The things needing such might become more and more also, hard for players to catch up simply, every normal game reduces prices or icnreases drops for such if its outdated, but DE holds on it stubbornly sadly.

Nitain is a problems for people not because they are lazy but because of real life and jobs you know. Could peopel stop pretendign everyone is the same and not a individual, farming the same and having the same time to play avilable? Most can't catch up in NW, or even have all challenges accesable.

I am talkign about people who simply not got time and or just want to paly for fun and not make it there goddamn second job. If doing those chores is fun for oyu, sure, it is not for others, but a optinal way should be around it, even most MMO's if you are after gear you cna eather craft, buy, raid, or do some quest for it or some currency to catch up a little. And this is what DE lacks in Warframe, reasonable catch up mechanics, which yes you can buy directly but a gameplay aspect to farm otherwise it lacks.

We keep gettign new gear more and more, you not have to get all but some people like me like to levle each at least once to try it, for variety on top, which peopel forgot this game used to be about, directly going for meta and complain nothign is left to do then also. I wouldn't playthis game if i would start now honestly, seeing the amount of things infront of me, i would be to much on top of repalyign the same starchart or node over and over to level a weapon i like.

That is the real problem, while we get new content here and there, most is just new gear to repaly the same things over and over. Same is NW in that regard, forcing you to do missions you might not like, makign it hard for people, having options and variety again.

I admire the gusto, willing to build a 3 day frame for 1 niatan once a week...

Or they can just offer a 5 pack from syndicates that haven't seen much use in a long time for 50k rep.

When it was a guaranteed 3? a day but randomly timed alerts. It should probably more closely mirror the time for acquiring 5 the old way 

No. Its easy to get when nw is up and nw is almost always up. Between seasons are intermissions which still offers it. 

I would say keep resource production away from this new mechanic please. Keep it new things, original. 

Edit: perhaps resource conversion but NOT if thats going to limit neat new S#&$ by taking up a "cool S#&$ this thing can do" slot. 

15 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

I am aware fo that, but even that has limits and as said not everyone got time to do all to get presitge ranks, it is sitll limited and NW can be over and start next session. It is not farmable like any other resource simply, and that is a problem, if oyu not see it, good for you i guess but for others it is.

It has its limits AND not everyone got time to do prestige in the same sentence? 

Come on now, that's just being ridiculous. 

vor 1 Minute schrieb (PS4)guzmantt1977:

It has its limits AND not everyone got time to do prestige in the same sentence? 

Come on now, that's just being ridiculous. 

Limits as in the prestige ends also once, and the not got time for people who not got time simply.

Peopel are individuals you know, different groups in such. Same as people exist who got all and got time.

Loving people like you taking all to direct instead of using the brain for just a moment.

Two exampels in one sentence are to much for you already? How easy people like you can get confused.

This is ridiculous indeed.

1 hour ago, Marine027 said:

It is a resource oyu have to do a chore for, not RNG not farmable, just locked behind some timegate basically.

vor 21 Minuten schrieb Xaero:

Which are how low? Ghouls are not always relyable, again, it is like i put Orokin Cells back in a defense rotation aswell.

Just because such sources exist, they are so low they are basically non existent, Ghouls bountys are not relyable due RNG aswell.

Unlike other resources that can drop from every enemy aslong you are on the right planet. Even Mutagen samples you can farm better.

3 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Which are how low? Ghouls are not always relyable, again, it is like i put Orokin Cells back in a defense rotation aswell.

Just because such sources exist, they are so low they are basically non existent, Ghouls bountys are not relyable due RNG aswell.

Unlike other resources that can drop from every enemy aslong you are on the right planet. Even Mutagen samples you can farm better.

You said its not farmable. And he just pointed out: Yes, it is.

Let me get this straight. You want "free" nitain, AFTER you get every frame in game and literally have no use for it.

It's an awful idea. I think having a material with some value is nice. I am sitting here doubting whether I should refill my Nitain reserves after crafting all the frames or buy like 100k kuva. If I didn't have to make that choice both kuva and Nitain would have less weight to them.

3 hours ago, smashedwookie said:

it is only reliably available when Nightwave is up

And when isn't Nightwave available? Either the normal or the intermission one are always up, so at no point you will be out of the option to get nitan. BUT but if there is a moment when that's not the case would that be the moment you really need the nitan specifically? I don't think so!

Also if your at the level to level up the Helminth, chances are that you at the level where you don't need a extra way to get nitan. Or need nitan for the current items that required it.

3 hours ago, Marine027 said:

Limits as in the prestige ends also once, and the not got time for people who not got time simply.

Peopel are individuals you know, different groups in such. Same as people exist who got all and got time.

Loving people like you taking all to direct instead of using the brain for just a moment.

Two exampels in one sentence are to much for you already? How easy people like you can get confused.

This is ridiculous indeed.

And if a player max out the prestige tiers, you haven't got a leg to stand on when you claim that they didn't get a chance to buy enough Nitain. 

So again you're being ridiculous. 

3 hours ago, Marine027 said:

If NW is over and next season starts it's even better for that player because DE front loads it with credits so the newbie player can buy more Nitain quickly and continue playing the game instead of doing Nightwave. Grinding prestige ranks isn't really what new players should be focusing on (I don't even bother myself).

I don't know if people realize but DE always meant for Nitain to be a time gated resource. It's deliberate that it slows players down. Good thing for new players is that there's so much stuff to collect and farm that it's hardly the end of the world if some gets to wait. 

You need 189 Nitain to craft every item in the game that uses it, and then becomes totally useless. Why would you want to make that a repeatable reward? Its right where it belongs
And if you really need more, Ghuls come around often.

Archived