Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Livestream Schedule: August 10 - 14

[DE]Helen

15 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

The drop of the components for Harrow, without the blue print, is actually nice.  I have many chassis, and several neuroptics.  What I don't have is the systems.  Likewise, Khora BP is nice, to limit that 20 minute grind for one chance at the thing.  

Looking at the other stuff:

Octavia - 20 minute derelict survival drop.  Hope there's a good system in place to address that once Deimos actually releases.

Grendel - The king of frustration.  Getting these parts to drop would be great.  I already have fatboy slim building, but I'm sure there'd be plenty of people happy to not have to get 75 vitus essence farmed.

Nidus - Not really bad.  2 rotations to round C in about 20 minutes.  Personally, I got a component about half the time, mirroring the 45%ish drop rate.  My issue is systems-systems-systems-chassis.  I'm glad to finally have my mulch Nidus and a spare, but boy is it frustrating.  Not Khora, but definitely not fun.

Protea - I'm going to say that the non-reward of subsequent shoulder cosmetics make this one of the most frustrating grinds not based just on low RNG.  It isn't the worst, but doing something and getting a reward that literally cannot even be a credit reward is insulting. It's moreso after the dozenth run of a mission with no reason to play it except for the chance at a single part.

Runners up go to Ash and Equinox.  The former for rare spawn infrequent drops, and the later for having a week to build.  Yep, 12 for the parts, 72 for the time, and 72 for the actual frame.  It's finally a reward to be kleptomaniacal and have an inventory of blue prints.  That said, two weeks.  In that time you're going to have to do a better job of defining what this system is going to be.  Zephyr, Limbo, Grendel, and a variety of other frames having "tweaked" versions of their powers is admitting that they don't work as this system is being sold.  That's acceptable, but only if you start laying out what matters.  If we get to the release date and discover our favorite frame's transfer power is going to be soul punch (as an example) then it's going to be hard to see this system on balance.

To better define that, let's be real.  24 hours to mulch a frame.  40 frames in total.  That puts us into early October before we can have access to everything.  If it's going to be k-drives all over again (cool concept, but not shooting and slower in a looter shooter with components that didn't matter meant they were DoA) then it's going to be hard to see the system as anything but a novel way to create "choice" and rewrite bad warframe powers (read: air burst, as a Zephyr main I get to call it) as an "opportunity" to be rewritten by this system.  

Also....meta builds for frame powers.  Imagine a volt+gauss speed+haste reservoir.  I'm not doing it, people already have.  It'd literally provide game breaking speed for those capture missions....that are now being pushed as less than 90 seconds for NIghtwave.  Lord, I hope the meta of powers isn't a thing.

Its different for everyone, not everyone are going to get the same drop chances as you, some players are excited to receive a gift from the livestreams coming out 

7 hours ago, ToKeSia said:

I thought protea is easy, just 5 mins per round then pray RNG , it isn't hard round 20 mins like other frame.

Like I said, frustrating because of the drops not having value, not because of just terrible RNG.

If you missed it, the part drops as the rarest of 4 items.  2 of these items are the parts for the new weapons, and the third represents a one time reward that you cannot accumulate multiple copies of.  As you cannot have more than one, the thing is not a reward at all.  Basically, you get more than one and it is an insult.  At least getting bits of Harrow, Oberon, or Nyx can lead to a credit reward for selling the blue prints.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Brussalu said:

Its different for everyone, not everyone are going to get the same drop chances as you, some players are excited to receive a gift from the livestreams coming out 

Maybe you should pay attention.  I stated specifically that some of the things I already had would be appreciated as a drop.

My point was that the Nidus components are not difficult to farm.  You get about one chance to drop per every ten minutes, and have about a 45% chance to get one of the parts.  It's frustrating if you get a part about half of the time, and it is the same part.  Let me do the math for you, 3 drops at 50% means 6 rewards required.  That means in an hour of play I got 3 systems.  I therefore required almost two hours to get the parts.

Octavia represents a 22% drop chance after 20 minutes.  It took me about two hours to get one.  Even acceptable drop chances aren't really fantastic.

Grendel represents a 100% drop chance.  What they don't say is that you need 75 vitus essence, which takes anywhere between 75 and about 50 rewards cycles from arbitrations.  Yeah, not a friendly way to do things.  

All of our other frames are above 20% drop chances.  Those that are not are Harrow (parts dropping), Khora (again, blue print is dropping), Ash (I cited that as a play time sink), Equinox (cited as having so many components), and Gauss (alleviated by the reward structure being all C after the first three rounds, making the low % chances much better as time goes on).    

As an aside, maybe instead of "not everybody is as lucky" you can cite something specific.  There's realistically two weeks until the game drops.  That's this week, and next week.  As the prizes for this week are already locked, that means you've got 4 more potential drops.  Priority should be offered here....which would be what?  I cited Grendel because of the huge time investment for vitus essence.  I suggested Octavia because of the 20 minute grind.  I shot down the others because they were relatively painless.  Not easy, not assured, and definitely not subject to painful RNG.  If you have a different opinion voice it.

You want to have a good laugh, let's look at what the RNG in this game can do.  Back when you needed 10 arcanes to get a full arcane they dropped at 5% on the final boss.  Assuming you played with random groups, you could do 2-3 in a night consistently.  That meant after 34-50 nights you'd theoretically have 100 drop chances.  That would mean about 67-100 nights to get 200 drop chances and have all the arcanes, right?

Nope.  95% chance that you didn't get the specific drop.  That means the reward chances were in fact 1-(1-0.05)^n where n represents the number of runs.  This means:
14 runs were required for more than half of people to get a drop.

100 runs only gave 99.4% of people a drop.  That's 6 in 1000 people who ran 100 times and didn't get  specific rare arcane.

530 eidolon kills are actually required to get 50% of the population to have a maxed out arcane.  That 5% drop chance means it gets even worse now you need 21 arcanes to max out the thing.

To clarify, at 5% drop rates 50% of the population will have a maxed out arcane after 1407 kills of the highest tier eidolon.  At 2 kills per day, that's 704 days.  At 300 days per year playing, that's 2 years and four months to unlock a maxed arcane.  Even at 5 eidolons a night and 2 runs per day that'll be 141 days of constant grinding.  This is the reason so many were vehemently opposed to the arcane changes, and why Scarlet Spear was required to address these terrifyingly time wasting drop chances.

So, let's talk RNG drops.  Nidus is about 3x more likely to drop each part, at about 15%.  It can be farmed without waiting, and takes about 10 minutes per potential drop.  Khora drops at 4x more likely, but requires 20 minutes per chance.  Harrow....that one galls me because the AI often screws up this game mode.  The defection game mode is very variable in duration, and on top of that is pretty prone to breakage.  I'm pushing for Grendel because of the 75 vitus essence and Octavia because 20 minute slogs are why Khora's blue print is rewarded.  What is your request, and why?

1 hour ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

The chassis though? You can’t NOT get it. If anything since they didn’t show this on consoles till today, all I would get is another chassis. That’s lame. I got 510. They be better off making them either systems or helmets. Tuesday be the systems and Thursday be the helmet. Only the rare, more complicated parts should be the reward. Especially since many people on PS4 missed the Monday one. That or Simaris parts. 

again, they are giving out built parts to make a full set. you are complaining that they are are giving away something for free that you already have. chill.

4 hours ago, 1OfTheUndying said:

again, they are giving out built parts to make a full set. you are complaining that they are are giving away something for free that you already have. chill.

No, it’s annoying that the helmet took me 150 Kuva spy attempts to get it the first time and yet they gave it away on Monday while I wasn’t aware of such since I play PS4. 

56 minutes ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

No, it’s annoying that the helmet took me 150 Kuva spy attempts to get it the first time and yet they gave it away on Monday while I wasn’t aware of such since I play PS4. 

helmet? you mean Neuroptics? yeah, it can...i spent literal weeks trying to get Harrow's Systems then broke down and bought him because I got a Play coupon.

On 2020-08-10 at 9:23 AM, (PS4)Nightwing_Fury said:

Next week will probably be another hard-to-get frame, probably Nidus, parts and the frame from the previous week's blueprint

I don’t think they are gonna offer Harrows BP since it’s a quest reward and you can buy it again from Simaris.  Hopefully if will be a full 4 piece set of another mad-farm frame

I have already followed Warframe on twitch , still not getting the notification, when the stream goes live...... 

Please add some feature in the game inbox or news section , where we can get the info about these Streams... It will be really helpful...

For those like me who watched the stream, for at least 30min with [DE]Helen and [DE]Marcus and still did not received their reward, Harrow Systems, do we need to open a ticket at Support Warframe in order to receive it or will it take some time like for TennoCon to get it ?

It's just to know if we have to go back farming this Harrow'part or not, thanks.

18 minutes ago, (NSW)LUNCHPADDLE said:

12am midnight on thursday going into friday or wednesday going into thursday? 

Good question!

Thursday's Home Time at 12am midnight will be Thursday going into Friday.

For reference 11:59:59 pm (or 23:59:59 in 24 hour clock) is the last minute and second of Thursday and 12:00:00 am (or 00:00:00 in 24 hour clock) is the first minute and second of Friday.

Hope this helps!

Archived