Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, please fix affinity to just be 100% regardless of source to all equipped weapons / warframes / gear, its currently dumb.

(XBOX)ONI Prowess

having to explain to people how affinity gain works is terrible, as affinity gain is terrible.

the kind of terrible vets nod their head and laugh at the confused looks on noob faces and just say "yeah" 

i still have to force people that have been playing for years to stop killing stuff with weapons while leveling frames because me killing stuff for them gets them more affinity for their frame, or to unequip all their other weapons to make the weapon their trying to level go faster, or even worse when people do know how it works and sanctuary onslaught is just a competition to see who can do the least.

how about this.

if anyone kills anything, with anything, anyone or anything that can get affinity, gets 100% affinity, 

DONE

problem solved, everyone can play, everyone gets affinity. 

I would actually prefer they removed the concept of XP sharing. Remove confusion and afk leechers altogether. 

P. S. And to counter the loss add some "skill" options to each weapon type. Headshot kills with ranged weapons granting more xp (like stealth kills) AoE weapons getting a little more xp with every additional enemy killed in single shot. Auto weapons gaining more xp if you don't miss any shots etc. 

24 minutes ago, (XB1)ONI Prowess said:

having to explain to people how affinity gain works is terrible, as affinity gain is terrible.

the kind of terrible vets nod their head and laugh at the confused looks on noob faces and just say "yeah" 

i still have to force people that have been playing for years to stop killing stuff with weapons while leveling frames because me killing stuff for them gets them more affinity for their frame, or to unequip all their other weapons to make the weapon their trying to level go faster, or even worse when people do know how it works and sanctuary onslaught is just a competition to see who can do the least.

how about this.

if anyone kills anything, with anything, anyone or anything that can get affinity, gets 100% affinity, 

DONE

problem solved, everyone can play, everyone gets affinity. 

Also allow solo players to get affinity just as fast as well and not have them forced to have to join squads in order to rank up faster.

31 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I would actually prefer they removed the concept of XP sharing. Remove confusion and afk leechers altogether. 

P. S. And to counter the loss add some "skill" options to each weapon type. Headshot kills with ranged weapons granting more xp (like stealth kills) AoE weapons getting a little more xp with every additional enemy killed in single shot. Auto weapons gaining more xp if you don't miss any shots etc. 

Ok, have fun going to Hydron with some awful MR fodder weapon and watching as other people with nuke frames who are there for focus steal all of your affinity.

2 minutes ago, MercuryDjinni said:

Ok, have fun going to Hydron with some awful MR fodder weapon and watching as other people with nuke frames who are there for focus steal all of your affinity.

Did you not get the point? hydron XP farming would be obsolete. now you actually need to play with your gun to level it.

I just send people messages to research affinity splitting when I see people doing it wrong.  Like trying to level weapons by using a nuke frame lol.  

Not sharing turns the game into a competitive piece of trash game.  Total sharing turns alot of people into leechs.

Heres my thing though..... even if people join a mission and just leech...atleast they upped the level/difficulty so I actually get more xp/loot.....  The only time I dont appreciate that is content where you actually need team work  like orb spiders., eidolons, granum voids

56 minutes ago, (XB1)ONI Prowess said:

You actually don't... Instead, say nothing.

Affinity gain in groups is really only impactful to leveling companions...You can practically sneeze and level weapons and frames as it is.

In fact, if your MR is high enough the weapon won't be able to be fully modded until it's practically maxed out as it is which means anyone above MR 15 has a reasonably functional weapon or frame from unranked (provided it has a potato in it).

We've already done what you are asking for in regard to affinity here and leaching was considerably worse when that style was in place.

They way it is setup currently works fine as-is.

3 minutes ago, Xaero said:

This would enforce solo playing though.

Most likely,

only when you are leveling weapons though.

perhaps it will diversify mission usage as well.

P.S. and as i said , different means to get bonus XP. Shared XP should only come from completing objectives in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

only when you are leveling weapons though.

Or farming focus. Or intrinsics.

6 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

and as i said , different means to get bonus XP

Just having bonus XP for particular actions should be enough to incentivize active gameplay. No need to punish people for not playing solo.

2 minutes ago, Xaero said:

Or farming focus. Or intrinsics.

Just having bonus XP for particular actions should be enough to incentivize active gameplay. No need to punish people for not playing solo.

Focus farming is crap , i disliked that concept since its inception and only did tridolons to max it and forget about it.

I have a personal hatred for AFK leeching which is incentivized by the current affinity sharing concept , if that is resolved i do not have any issues with keeping the sharing minimal if not zero.

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Did you not get the point? hydron XP farming would be obsolete. now you actually need to play with your gun to level it.

They'd need to increase the amount of affinity gained to make up for it. At the same time, it would completely discourage COOP gameplay in a COOP game. Yeah, it's a bad idea. You know it. I know it. Everyone knows it.

2 hours ago, (XB1)ONI Prowess said:

i still have to force people that have been playing for years to stop killing stuff with weapons while leveling frames because me killing stuff for them gets them more affinity for their frame,

except it doesnt...
according to the wiki, a kill with aweapon gives 50% to the frame and 50% to the weapon, where as a kill by an ally gives 25% to the frame and divides the remaining 75% among your weapons.

Looking for Kuria on Bode, Ceres, I've been learning how to use Loki and weapons to get like 16k affinity per special enemy kill (Bombard, Heavy Gunner, Eximus). I mean, this is just outright silly... And you know, killing common Elite Lancers this way is like killing Eximus units without using careful stealth trickery (and it's faster than having to wait for or find Eximus units!). They really should revamp some of this affinity stuff... Aside of how affinity is split, the fact you can easily amp up your XP gains so that every common unit = 1 Eximus unit is absolutely dumb.

EDIT: I mean, I get like 4x the XP killing one Heavy Gunner with 500% stealth bonus than I do cracking 1 Vault undetected. I mean this is silly!

5 minutes ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

You do know there's Warframes, weapons and combos that nuke entire maps, yes? That would just result in literally only 1 person getting xp.

So no.

Maybe it will wake up DE to the unrestrained powercreep of "these specific" frames.

I would rather you get nothing for doing nothing.

2 hours ago, (XB1)ONI Prowess said:

i still have to force people that have been playing for years to stop killing stuff with weapons while leveling frames because me killing stuff for them gets them more affinity for their frame

1st case: my frame get 50% of those affinity
2nd case: my frame get 25% if I'm in the affinity range
So, this is wrong info.

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

...People calling affinity sharing "anti-coop" makes me laugh in a depressed fashion.

Because having to race to kill things to get XP is so co-op friendly, seriously what level of mental gymnastics is that?

It's due to how it works. One player nuking the map gets affinity for everyone with nothing done on the leecher's part. No mental gymnastics.

3 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

and i would prefer XP was removed all together in place of completing actual Challenges to meet 'skill' quotas to determine "leveling" instead.
filling Bars by doing some menial task is the antithesis to interesting Gameplay.

1 hour ago, NeutuoS said:

1st case: my frame get 50% of those affinity
2nd case: my frame get 25% if I'm in the affinity range
So, this is wrong info.

c-c-c-c-c-combo breaker.
:)

1 hour ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

Remember when DE intentionally nerfed XP gained from infested to promote more grind?

as if there was ever even a need to do that when Infested have always given pretty awful XP rates compared to the other Factions.
infact, their XP rates have only been buffed over the years by coincidence, with the Defense restructuring for U17 among other things, where the XP values of some Enemies were inflated to create more distinct 'Tiers' in the Infested Units which by design only have two or tree Tiers while the other Factions have so many more.

Archived