Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept - Zephyr The Wind Elemental - Artwork Included [Resolved :)]

Volkovyi

Holy F*(&@#$@_(*(@!^# *^#&(*@!^#&(@!)(#*@_) AWESOME! This earns Ghost stamp of approval!

can i ask for a request Volkovyi? Can you make a warframe based around the design of a Orbital Frame in Zone of the Enders?

Heres some pics for an example.

300617-1158427427693.jpg

Nephtis.jpg

Edited by GhostUnitVII

Holy F*(&@#$@_(*(@!^# *^#&(*@!^#&(@!)(#*@_) AWESOME! This earns Ghost stamp of approval!

can i ask for a request Volkovyi? Can you make a warframe based around the design of a Orbital Frame in Zone of the Enders?

Heres some pics for an example.

Thank you for the compliments, but I do not work on requests or side projects, I am afraid I do not have the time.

Below are several suggestions for Zephyr's possible abilities. (Of Course only 4 of these 6 will be final)

-Typhoon (Atk)

tumblr_muvv806qbs1rbe8a5o4_500.png

Zephyr blasts a line of wind before him whose spiraling gales slice and dice enemies in his wake.

- Focus strengthens the damage output.

- Stretch lengthens and widens the blast line. 

-Searing Winds (Atk)

tumblr_muvv806qbs1rbe8a5o2_500.png

Zephyr summons high speed spinning winds that he launches before him. The spirals themselves shoot off in circular motions slicing enemies in a widening area in front and continue forward until dissipating.

- Focus increases damage output and number of spirals.

- Stretch increases area of affect before him.

- Continuity affects how amount of time the spirals continue radiating before dissipating.

-Turbulence (Def)

tumblr_muvv806qbs1rbe8a5o3_500.png

Zephyr surrounds himself in a cyclone that shields him from incomming projectile damage. The strong winds around him suck up projectiles like incoming bullets and rockets and redirect them away from Zephyr. The redirected projectiles can be randomly shot out, or can be homed in on nearby enemies. Depends on implications. Also damages enemies within melee range.

-Focus affects damage dealt to melee range targets.

-Continuity affects length of time the cyclone is active.

-Deafening Wind (Def)

tumblr_muvv806qbs1rbe8a5o6_1280.png

Zephyr slams the ground with force creating a thunderous boom and updraft launches enemies in a radial surrounding holding them paralyzed in mid air for an amount of time allowing you and your teammates to dispose of them easily. Effective for keeping aggro away from yourself and missions targets. Does not do damage. Can hold indefinite amount of enemies within its range.

-Stretch affects the area of affect.

-Continuity affects the length of floating.

-Gale Force (Str)

tumblr_muvv806qbs1rbe8a5o1_500.png

Zephyr launches himself into the air and is airborne for a period of time. During this time Zephyr floats above the ground at a specific height and the player can control his movement via the WASD keys. Each keystroke Zephyr will thrust in that specific direction until the abilities timer is out; down, forwards, backwards, left, and right. Or the player can not press any direction and only hover in place. Melee is impossible during flight, but flight sharply increases speed and firing rate. Great for managing large open tile sets, rushing to downed teammates, reaching loot and secrets, or gaining tactical advantage for firing from above. Note: If the player uses Gale Force on higher ground then flies over terrain where the ground is lower and thus is suddenly 'higher' than before, Zephyr will slowly glide down to the specific height.

-Stretch increases distance covered with each single thrust in a direction.

-Continuity increases the time spent airborne before landing.

-Tornado (Ubr)

tumblr_muvv806qbs1rbe8a5o5_400.png

Zephyr's 4th ability, or uber attack. Spinning around Zephyr summons a mighty tornado that pulls in enemies into his spiral; enemies caught in the spiral are dealt high damage per second. Zephyr can also slowly move in a direction while using Tornado. If enemies are not killed by the time the tornado dissipates, they will be thrown in a direction. Enemy projectiles cannot pass through tornado while active, but can pass around. Note: Since the area of damage is a cylinder from Zephyr's level above, the Tornado can affect enemies on his level and above, but no one below him is affected.

-Focus increases the damage dealt to enemies caught in the tornado.

-Stretch affects the distance tornado can pull in enemies from. It is possible for far away enemies to only be pulled in and tornado dissipates before they even reach it.

-Continuity affects the amount of time Zephyr is casting the tornado. Also increases the amount of time the player can control how much the tornado travels.

First of all, I'd just like to say that the artwork for Zephyr (or Zyphyr, but I think the original name works well enough) is amazing. Brings a nice tengu feel to the frame.

But, I'm really here to talk abilities.

The problem with some of these abilities is that they run the risk of being highly redundant of existing ones, and one another. Typhoon could go either way between Sonic Boom and Soul Punch; Deafening Wind seems like another Bastille or a non-damaging Rhino Stomp (if extended). Turbulence and Tornado seem to run the inverse issue that Overheat and World on Fire bear- were it not for Overheat's (now negligible) defense boost, World on Fire would be the same but better in the damage department; Tornado is like a super-Turbulence with higher damage potential. Plus, if you're focusing on enemy damage being redirected, it's also very similar to a real-time Absorb.

Now, Gale Force does have some serious potential, and is very fitting of a wind/avian-type frame. I doubt we'd get full-on flight barring the ultimate slot for the same reasons Rip Line doesn't pull you all the way (potentially invalidating all parkour forever- oh hi, Wormhole, didn't see you there), but I can definitely see an ability that gives the player some of Nightmare Mode's gravity screw mechanics, combined with the old Vortex properties of dramatically increased jump height/distance and air time to make sure you stay up. Personally, I'd run the rest of Zephyr's skillset so it benefits from his increased airtime- make him a master of the sky and storm.

The problem is that with an ability that aids in giving Zephyr to higher ground, you've also made an ultimate that works best when he lacks the high ground. 

Food for thought! If you can find a practical balance between caster and air-support, I would ravage planets seeking a frame this gorgeous.

Edited by Archwizard

i love this. and that art...well, im sure minky would be impressed by this.

also, some suggestions about his 2 last skills:

deafening wind: it should only affect enemies once, not enemies that enter the field later.

tornado: it should ragdoll the enemies caught inside. if they are at the border of the skill when it activates, they will slowly spin around you until they are close. the closer they are to the center, the more damage they will receive per second.

First of all, I'd just like to say that the artwork for Zephyr (or Zyphyr, but I think the original name works well enough) is amazing. Brings a nice tengu feel to the frame.

But, I'm really here to talk abilities.

The problem with some of these abilities is that they run the risk of being highly redundant of existing ones, and one another. Typhoon could go either way between Sonic Boom and Soul Punch; Deafening Wind seems like another Bastille or a non-damaging Rhino Stomp (if extended). Turbulence and Tornado seem to run the inverse issue that Overheat and World on Fire bear- were it not for Overheat's (now negligible) defense boost, World on Fire would be the same but better in the damage department; Tornado is like a super-Turbulence with higher damage potential. Plus, if you're focusing on enemy damage being redirected, it's also very similar to a real-time Absorb.

Now, Gale Force does have some serious potential, and is very fitting of a wind/avian-type frame. I doubt we'd get full-on flight barring the ultimate slot for the same reasons Rip Line doesn't pull you all the way (potentially invalidating all parkour forever- oh hi, Wormhole, didn't see you there), but I can definitely see an ability that gives the player some of Nightmare Mode's gravity screw mechanics, combined with the old Vortex properties of dramatically increased jump height/distance and air time to make sure you stay up. Personally, I'd run the rest of Zephyr's skillset so it benefits from his increased airtime- make him a master of the sky and storm.

The problem is that with an ability that aids in giving Zephyr to higher ground, you've also made an ultimate that works best when he lacks the high ground. 

Food for thought! If you can find a practical balance between caster and air-support, I would ravage planets seeking a frame this gorgeous.

I see what you are saying, partially the reason I remain vague with statistics is so the design and concept himself is focused more than nit picked details.

Why don't you help me out by suggesting new and/or improved abilities beside your critiques?

I see what you are saying, partially the reason I remain vague with statistics is so the design and concept himself is focused more than nit picked details.

Why don't you help me out by suggesting new and/or improved abilities beside your critiques?

This is a GREAT concept design! I don't usually read through all of the abilities and specs of "suggested warframes" because there is usually NO pictures and even when there is, i find them scratchy. But when i saw this... I showed ALL of my friends! (Even some who didn't play Warframe) This concept is something that actually NEEDS to be among the warframes. It is thoroughly thought out and well designed, plus the pictures... Just amazing! (Grey Scale and All!)

I noticed some of the people critiquing some of your abilities. I actually have a few suggestions of my own. One ability I thought of is since this warframe is wind/air element, it should be able to make the air un-breathable and in a certain radius of the frame it would deplete the air making all enemy factions sustain damage because of air not being breathable. This could also be implemented to do the opposite for the tenno's. Such as in a survival when your air is depleting, you could use this ability to make the air breathable for your team for a short time, therefore making them survive longer. I don't feel as this is an advantage in any way, because of the simple fact that Frost's Snow Globe blocks bullets from an area in defense missions.

I think that Turbulence is a needed ability for this frame. Even tho it may copy Nyx's Absorb, it shouldn't just redirect the bullets back at the source of the shot, but instead have a chance of hitting a surrounding enemy. (Not 100%) I think is a very viable ability for this frame, but the first attack is a very complex situation. Since this ability is like so many others (Ice wave, Fireball, Soul punch) it is quite hard to determine an alternate since this is a very common action even tho presented in a different way. An idea i was thinking of was making the burst of air come from several different directions of the frame, such as in a "+" direction or maybe just three, so it would take some skill to aim them correctly, and have the possibility of hitting multiple targets. Searing Winds i don't quite understand. Is it just a designated area that is affected? Or a radius from the spiral.

But in short. I think this is one of the best concepts for a warframe i have seen. Let alone any other concept for a different kind of game. Hopefully, i will get a comment back about the suggestions I made. The thought and idea's put into this warframe simply deserves to be put into the game. And WHEN it gets placed in, i will be excited to color it with my black and gold ;) Great Job to the artist and idea makers. I would be excited for other ideas from you guys! 

In relation to your abilities, I'd say I would pick Turbulence and Gale Force as much needed abilties.

Turbulence could be worked to function as a random Absorb and dual function as concentrated fire (zooming in on enemies to unleash the bullets collected by turbulence on them?).

As for your first ability, I like the idea of Typhoon, my only insight towards this ability would be to:

- Make the ability have a high chance to induce bleed damage

- Have it be a short burst attack, similar to other frame's 1st abilities, however make it be able to hit enemies multiple times

- Power strength should increase the amount of times it hits, not actual power damage

- The ability can stagger/stun/ragdoll enemies based upon its mod rank, which adds a Push factor similar to Valkyr's abilities.

For your Ultimate, I would consider renaming it to Hurricane or Monsoon based on the feedback I'm about to give:

- Keep the mentioned aspects of gameplay mechanics with this move, however make it so that Zephyr is able to use his weapons.

- Zephyr's speed will be reduced if hes grounded while using this move, but if Gale Force is active he receives a speed boost.

DE... Hire this man. Do it now.

Introducing our wind elemental type Warframe, the Zephyr! As an avid player and an artist we wanted to contribute to the game and chose the element of wind seeing as the theme is missing among the roster of official frames' elements. Zephyr specializes in high damage wind attacks at a high speed play style packed in a elegant yet edgy streamline design.

Meet the artist - We are better known as Liger Inuzuka with our main gallery being located on Deviant Art. This is the screen name we carry almost everywhere on the web. You can find our links below.

| Deviantart | Original Deviation |

Our sincerest wishes would be to share our ideas below with the developers and hope for some attention.

Full body figure and back sub-view V

tumblr_muvfm4tHG21rbe8a5o1_1280.png

Profile view of original helm, including two alternative helms and close up of the hands V

tumblr_muvfm4tHG21rbe8a5o2_1280.png

Gray scale painting of the figure to showcase the design without the interference of the suggested color palette V

tumblr_muvfm4tHG21rbe8a5o3_1280.png

We tried to create a design that is in line with the official frames to make Zephyr believable and easily interpreted into the Warframe universe while still expressing personal ideas in his figure such as the fashion-inspired armor, 'winged' arms, and falcon like helmet.

Prime Zephyr Concept

tumblr_muvfm4tHG21rbe8a5o4_1280.png

The Prime version of Zephyr would be mostly black with geometric designs in beige, and all the silver metals around his limbs would be replaced with gold.

Below are several suggestions for Zephyr's possible abilities. (Of Course only 4 of these 6 will be final)

-Typhoon (Atk)

tumblr_muvv806qbs1rbe8a5o4_500.png

Zephyr blasts a line of wind before him whose spiraling gales slice and dice enemies in his wake.

- Focus strengthens the damage output.

- Stretch lengthens and widens the blast line. 

-Searing Winds (Atk)

tumblr_muvv806qbs1rbe8a5o2_500.png

Zephyr summons high speed spinning winds that he launches before him. The spirals themselves shoot off in circular motions slicing enemies in a widening area in front and continue forward until dissipating.

- Focus increases damage output and number of spirals.

- Stretch increases area of affect before him.

- Continuity affects how amount of time the spirals continue radiating before dissipating.

-Turbulence (Def)

tumblr_muvv806qbs1rbe8a5o3_500.png

Zephyr surrounds himself in a cyclone that shields him from incomming projectile damage. The strong winds around him suck up projectiles like incoming bullets and rockets and redirect them away from Zephyr. The redirected projectiles can be randomly shot out, or can be homed in on nearby enemies. Depends on implications. Also damages enemies within melee range.

-Focus affects damage dealt to melee range targets.

-Continuity affects length of time the cyclone is active.

-Deafening Wind (Def)

tumblr_muvv806qbs1rbe8a5o6_1280.png

Zephyr slams the ground with force creating a thunderous boom and updraft launches enemies in a radial surrounding holding them paralyzed in mid air for an amount of time allowing you and your teammates to dispose of them easily. Effective for keeping aggro away from yourself and missions targets. Does not do damage. Can hold indefinite amount of enemies within its range.

-Stretch affects the area of affect.

-Continuity affects the length of floating.

-Gale Force (Str)

tumblr_muvv806qbs1rbe8a5o1_500.png

Zephyr launches himself into the air and is airborne for a period of time. During this time Zephyr floats above the ground at a specific height and the player can control his movement via the WASD keys. Each keystroke Zephyr will thrust in that specific direction until the abilities timer is out; down, forwards, backwards, left, and right. Or the player can not press any direction and only hover in place. Melee is impossible during flight, but flight sharply increases speed and firing rate. Great for managing large open tile sets, rushing to downed teammates, reaching loot and secrets, or gaining tactical advantage for firing from above. Note: If the player uses Gale Force on higher ground then flies over terrain where the ground is lower and thus is suddenly 'higher' than before, Zephyr will slowly glide down to the specific height.

-Stretch increases distance covered with each single thrust in a direction.

-Continuity increases the time spent airborne before landing.

-Tornado (Ubr)

tumblr_muvv806qbs1rbe8a5o5_400.png

Zephyr's 4th ability, or uber attack. Spinning around Zephyr summons a mighty tornado that pulls in enemies into his spiral; enemies caught in the spiral are dealt high damage per second. Zephyr can also slowly move in a direction while using Tornado. If enemies are not killed by the time the tornado dissipates, they will be thrown in a direction. Enemy projectiles cannot pass through tornado while active, but can pass around. Note: Since the area of damage is a cylinder from Zephyr's level above, the Tornado can affect enemies on his level and above, but no one below him is affected.

-Focus increases the damage dealt to enemies caught in the tornado.

-Stretch affects the distance tornado can pull in enemies from. It is possible for far away enemies to only be pulled in and tornado dissipates before they even reach it.

-Continuity affects the amount of time Zephyr is casting the tornado. Also increases the amount of time the player can control how much the tornado travels.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

This concludes our presentation. We worked diligently in the recent weeks for our own pleasure to create this artwork, so please restrain any harmful commentary.

Thank you for viewing~!

EDIT

Wow! Zephyr has been featured on Prime Time Episode 4! If you guys want to see the feature yourself, Zephyr shows up at around 49 minutes into the stream!

I am so proud my art and concept have been featured, thank you so much Miss Megan and Miss Rebecca!

In the near future I will add a custom Syndana for Zephyr, and perhaps a signature weapon!

EDIT II - Dec.01.13

A mistake with Zephyr's Gale flight ability, we meant to say that flight is controlled by the WASD keys, not the arrow keys.

EDIT III - Dec.12.13

New Unique Synadas added!

tumblr_muvfm4tHG21rbe8a5o7_r1_1280.png

Suggestion 1 - Turbulance

tumblr_muvfm4tHG21rbe8a5o8_r1_1280.png

Looking like a gentleman with this elegant extension to the coat tails.

Suggestion 2 - Sylph

tumblr_muvfm4tHG21rbe8a5o5_r1_1280.png

Nobility at its finest with the finest robes.

Suggestion 3 - Mistral

tumblr_muvfm4tHG21rbe8a5o6_r1_1280.png

An aggressive alternative look with these feathery spines.

Keep in touch, we will be updating more to Zephyr's design as time allows us. Next up is a modified full body Prime version!

I could take a crack at it.

Keep Gale Force as his second (or third) ability with a relatively cheap cost (say, ~35 energy).

Keep Tornado as his uber, but make the depth unlimited except by cover. Projectiles fired into the tornado will automatically direct into enemies caught in the tornado.

First ability: Zyphyr shotguns feathers at his enemies quill-first in a long, narrow cone in front of him. Enemies hit by the quills are impaled, inflicting stagger and piercing damage; enemies struck from above will receive guaranteed headshot damage and also be pinned to the ground for (just as an example) 5/7/8/10 sec, affected by duration.

Third ability: Zyphyr buffs allies to be guided by the wind, increasing the physical damage, accuracy, projectile speed, and range of firearms for a brief period. Missed shots will bounce off of terrain and automatically redirect to the nearest enemy. Damage fall-off of Shotguns is eliminated.

The design philosophy becomes "always have the high ground".

Of course the third ability breeds more reliance on firearms, so I can understand if it's a direction you'd prefer not to take (sup Volt); it seemed beneficial, however, to emphasize range for a Warframe intended to take flight.

I could take a crack at it.

Keep Gale Force as his second (or third) ability with a relatively cheap cost (say, ~35 energy).

Keep Tornado as his uber, but make the depth unlimited except by cover. Projectiles fired into the tornado will automatically direct into enemies caught in the tornado.

First ability: Zyphyr shotguns feathers at his enemies quill-first in a long, narrow cone in front of him. Enemies hit by the quills are impaled, inflicting stagger and piercing damage; enemies struck from above will receive guaranteed headshot damage and also be pinned to the ground for (just as an example) 5/7/8/10 sec, affected by duration.

Third ability: Zyphyr buffs allies to be guided by the wind, increasing the physical damage, accuracy, projectile speed, and range of firearms for a brief period. Missed shots will bounce off of terrain and automatically redirect to the nearest enemy. Damage fall-off of Shotguns is eliminated.

The design philosophy becomes "always have the high ground".

Of course the third ability breeds more reliance on firearms, so I can understand if it's a direction you'd prefer not to take (sup Volt); it seemed beneficial, however, to emphasize range for a Warframe intended to take flight.

Hmmm I am liking this buff ability. Considering projectiles 'fly' through the air, Zephyr can manipulate all of his team mate's weaponry for their advantage. Perhaps it shall become a new ability on the roster of suggestions.

The recent commentary I have been receiving about trying to focus Zephyr's play style to benefit from range or from the air is inspirational for amending the old ability suggestions from the start.

EDIT III - Dec.12.13
New Unique Synadas added!
tumblr_muvfm4tHG21rbe8a5o7_r1_1280.png

Suggestion 1 - Turbulance

tumblr_muvfm4tHG21rbe8a5o8_r1_1280.png
Looking like a gentleman with this elegant extension to the coat tails.

Suggestion 2 - Sylph

tumblr_muvfm4tHG21rbe8a5o5_r1_1280.png
Nobility at its finest with the finest robes.

Suggestion 3 - Mistral

tumblr_muvfm4tHG21rbe8a5o6_r1_1280.png
An aggressive alternative look with these feathery spines.

Keep in touch, we will be updating more to Zephyr's design as time allows us. Next up is a modified full body Prime version!

Although the syndana's are very wisely devised and applied. I feel as there isn't enough upper body to lower body ration. They feel like they are over weighing the uppber body (or lower body).

I do agree they are still cool, but i believe they could be made better =)

This is still a warframe that NEEDS to be added to our line-up! We don't have an air elemental so why take the time to design a new one, when they could absorb this one =)

Happy Warframing! =)

Edited by Neros_SSJ5

Although the syndana's are very wisely devised and applied. I feel as there isn't enough upper body to lower body ration. They feel like they are over weighing the uppber body (or lower body).

I do agree they are still cool, but i believe they could be made better =)

This is still a warframe that NEEDS to be added to our line-up! We don't have an air elemental so why take the time to design a new one, when they could absorb this one =)

Happy Warframing! =)

The existing Syndanas do the same thing; weighing more on the upper body, including the unique Syndanas. Partially why they are described as 'scarves' coming from the neck. Every part of Zephyr I studied and followed closely the existing designs to create an overall official and believable feel to the Frame as something that might be part of the actual game, with small elements poking out of that zone to entice something unique about this concept. Honestly no other Syndana carries the weight of the figure to the lower body like Turbulence, and it would be most interesting to see in-game because of that.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Edited by Volkovyi