Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Assassination Missions should always be accessible

As title says currently there are a few assassination missions that require a long boring unnecessary grind just to access 

I'm referring to the Kayla De Tham,Amblus & Mutlist Alad V Assassination Missions 

If i miss any sorry 

Requiring any kind of Beacons just to access those boss fights has gotten stupid 

1st off The Syran system drop needs a serious Buff that said grinding points in Arenas is boring & not new player friendly at all... 

Besides no body ever plays Aeneas on consoles anymore because that's how boring it is.. this is one that needs to go 100% Make Kayla De Tham accessible without needing to go to Aeneas..

For Ambulus the boss fight is already bad enough then to have to get 20 Amblus Nav Beacons only tru Pulto Corpus Missions again is this really needed???? 

Mutlist Alad V really needing Alad V Nav Cordinates just to build a key to play him.. & the only way to obtain them is via Invasions while Invasions are easy we should not need Beacons,Points or any kind of Special Resource to access a Boss that should be accessible regardless 

Outside of these ones Pretty much every other boss fight is accessible as you please without needing to waste away 5+ hours of your life trying to get enough points becons or whatever is needed to access a few special assassination Missions.

Back then when 1st came out it was ok since they were event things but to make them a permanent thing it's time for it to go..

I want to like the Kayla De Tham assassination as a few others but that extra unnecessary grind makes me never want to play them...

DE always says there trying to make this game a little more new player friendly well the current setup as well as not explaining what you need to do in quest is only going to drive away new players to point of no return..

I love warframe but I thing's like Arenas need to go.. give us more survival,Capture & other Missions in there place because nobody plays Aeneas anymore..

& nobody plays The Ambulus Mission anymore because nobody wants to grind beacons & who can blame them when other assassination Missions don't require the crazy grind to access them..

As a new player I honestly feel like I'm Playing Grindfrme instead of Warframe...

Thank you for reading... goodbye 

The issue is genuine,

But you will not see this happening.

Why? Cause the frames behind those encounters are actually top tier. cant make top tier easy to access or it will be less likely for players to get it for platinum.

Just a monetization strategy, and i will not fault DE for it.

But it does seem silly now that primes are easier to acquire (relatively)

P.S. i got Mesa before they made the changes to the boss fight needing only one nav co ordinate, i know the grind.

16 minutes ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

They got rid of the derelict keys so maybe one day

Lephantis doesn't use Derelict keys. It uses its own key, which is in turn farmed in the Derelict.

DE could very well keep the requirement intact by just having Lephantis coordinates drop on Deimos, which is no different.

10 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Lephantis doesn't use Derelict keys. It uses its own key, which is in turn farmed in the Derelict.

DE could very well keep the requirement intact by just having Lephantis coordinates drop on Deimos, which is no different.

We'll see, in the demo the 2 boss nodes were available so it's always available in the dev build, they removed all keys or Reb already had keys

4 minutes ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

We'll see, in the demo the 2 boss nodes were available so it's always available in the dev build, they removed all keys or Reb already had keys

Or, it was just a quick and dirty dev build.

"Derelict" keys are definitively gone, but we'll have to wait and see if Lephantis and the Zeloid are made into exceptions. I don't see DE allowing an easy Nekros farm, and he's already easier than Mesa/Saryn.

23 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

4 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Or, it was just a quick and dirty dev build.

"Derelict" keys are definitively gone, but we'll have to wait and see if Lephantis and the Zeloid are made into exceptions. I don't see DE allowing an easy Nekros farm, and he's already easier than Mesa/Saryn.

Lephantis is where nekros is , the new hub is called nechralisk

it is guarded by seemingly undead automatons,

co incidence? very likely , cause thematic consistency is not DEs strong suit.

Maybe lephantios iwll be retired?

6 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Indeed, it could be retired so it in turn becomes an exclusive boss fight for Plague Star rather than asset recycling. We'll find out soon enough, but whatever they do I'd be quite surprised if Nekros ends up significantly easier to farm.

Thing is though people say the top tier frames are behind those bosses yes but those same top tier frames already have prime warframes so nobody is losing anything if DE made the regular frames accessible...

you can't sell regular warframe pieces anyway so doesn't matter rather newer players have easier access to the regular versions because Syran Trinity Nekros & Mesa already have primes.. 

So removing the Beacons & points to access the regular frames bosses should not be an issue...

32 minutes ago, (PS4)LegionOfZoom1984 said:

Thing is though people say the top tier frames are behind those bosses yes but those same top tier frames already have prime warframes so nobody is losing anything if DE made the regular frames accessible...

Saryn and Nekros are vaulted, and Mesa is getting vaulted in 2 months when Nezha Prime is released. The argument of "Prime frames are easier to farm" is only true while they are still part of the game. Past that point it's a pure plat transaction to either DE (For the base frame) or another player (For the Prime frame). And it then becomes an argument of convenience because the store gives you immediate access, a frame slot, a catalyst, and saves you from using resources to build the parts while buying a Prime from a player means using resources and waiting 3 days and 12 hours to use it unless you drop more plat to rush the foundry.

Also, you can't feed Prime frames to the Helminth as confirmed during Tennocon, which gives higher value to the base frames.

43 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Boi they liters said they were removing ALL the derelict keys. Most people would use common sense to realize that includes lephantis and the emissary 

20 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Saryn and Nekros are vaulted, and Mesa is getting vaulted in 2 months when Nezha Prime is released. The argument of "Prime frames are easier to farm" is only true while they are still part of the game. Past that point it's a pure plat transaction to either DE (For the base frame) or another player (For the Prime frame). And it then becomes an argument of convenience because the store gives you immediate access, a frame slot, a catalyst, and saves you from using resources to build the parts while buying a Prime from a player means using resources and waiting 3 days and 12 hours to use it unless you drop more plat.

Also, you can't feed Prime frames to the Helminth as confirmed during Tennocon, which gives higher value to the base frames.

Unless you master the art of begging, making plat is something everyone is gonna have to do eventually.

You either "grind" (doing a few missions in a few hours or over a few days, which isn't a lot at all), or you buy, or you trade and buy. 

That's 3 options to acquire something which is pretty good.

48 minutes ago, (XB1)shadowhedgehogk said:

Boi they liters said they were removing ALL the derelict keys. Most people would use common sense to realize that includes lephantis and the emissary 

They used a measure of volume to give clarification, why liter shouldnt they use ounces? that makes no sense !

jokes aside,

They might , and they might not , DE doesnt have the best track record of implementing what is said.

It is not common sense , it is only an assumption at this point , hence i was clear that it is a "maybe".

There are two boss nodes (as per the tennocon demo) that are assassinates, they could very well be the existing lephantis and the prelate.

Or they could be the "Sun" and "Moon" that were shown on the drift or it could be one of the mechs which reb poorly fought in the same tilesets.,

it would be a shame if they made so many new infested units and only used old assets for the bosses.

There already exists a lephantis knockoff during plague star , it would not be  stretch to try something new.

This feels like a salty rant. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)LegionOfZoom1984 said:

As a new player I honestly feel like I'm Playing Grindfrme instead of Warframe...

Then you pretty much got the spirit of warframe. Hate to tell you, but it only gets worse. Especially with new content that, that is normally made easier after some time.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think you're entirely wrong, but I don't think you're completely right either.

Grind is what gives each frame it's value before actual frame itself. Like I didn't appreciate rhino or mag at all, because I got them (blueprints) in maybe 20 minutes when starting out. I got the BPs and by the time I was done leveling them I don't think I ever used them again, until I got prime variants much later. In case the problem is not immediatelly obvious, that turns those frames into filler junk, despite them having their own use and depth. I just didn't bother to learn, because I had frames comming faster than I can max them.

Saryn is 100% fine in my opinion. You can farm all the arena you will need (yeah, not as a solo newb) and then farm her entire set in a couple of hours, even if you get lots of dupplicates. 

Mesa on the other hand is effectively timegated, with no guarantee to get the part you need, which is crazy. I don't see a problem with RNG drops OR keys, but I do think that keys with low availability shouldn't have RNG attached to them. 

The Ambulas boss(Trinity) is just annoying, but still very much farmable. There's this 1 defense mission where you are pretty much guaranteed ambulas spawns (at either 5 or 10 min). I used to farm that mission for Oxium (needed A LOT for something) and got plenty of nav coordinates - enough to spam that boss until I die of boredom. The reason I don't do that  boss is because it's the most mind numbing boss in the entire game, where as a veteran you literally just wait for 10 minutes. Maybe drop a few nukes here and there, but mostly wait. I think most people will agree.

5 hours ago, (PS4)LegionOfZoom1984 said:

As a new player...

...you're complaining about something that you won't even see for awhile. New playrs aren't on Sedna, Pluto or the Mutalist quest. You won't and shouldn't see those areas for at least a few months or longer after starting the game. If you are, you are just rushing thru content and you will burn out fast.

4 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

if Nekros ends up significantly easier to farm.

He's already insanely easy to go for, three keys for three runs is all that is required. Essentially, you just have to wait three hours for the keys to build but after that, way less than an hour is all it takes to get his parts.

Some of you guys need to learn time management and thinking ahead. 

You're always gonna need nano spores, so go farm some in the derelict, because that's where alad coordinates drop.

In between missions. Make Lephantis keys. 

Go to Hieracon or whatever it is and kill a few ambulas every now and then. 

You could have everything you need in a week if you did these things when you log on.

If you need help with Sedna arenas, ask someone. Just because you dont get a response right away doesn't mean someone wont help. 

I actually love beating the crap out of those guys because they were hard for me starting out as well. 

Oh wow, I never knew Hades had a cost to run it. I guess I just passively accumulated lots of Animo Nav Beacons from doing random stuff like fissure missions on Pluto.

Rathuum is something you have to do intentionally... though it's pretty easy to get all those judgement points (not as grindy as Mutalist Alad V Coordinates)! And Mutalist Alad V coordinates are so rare on Eris. You'd have to play a random Hive fissure with someone like me that finds all 3 caches to *maybe* be lucky to get one by accident.

Deimos Survival will make Mutalist Alad V Coordinates something you passively accumulate like Animo Nav Beacons.

EDIT: That's assuming Deimos nodes will be open for Void Fissures... then Mutalist Alad V Coordinates are a pretty common reward... at least they are on Derelict Survival!

Archived