Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth Passive Tree

kaelvamp

Hello there.
over the years i noticed a really annoying problem in the game, that is the ammount of mods that we got and never used in the game because they simply take up a slot that could be filled by some useful mod like damage or crit. I get the idea of meme mods or "fun mods" and its fine, thing is that 99% of players will never waste a slot because of it.

The solution you ask?

Lets make all those mods that are not fit our builds into a Helminth passive tree.
the concept is simple and most of the stuff are already in the game we just need to glue them together, and for that we will use the saliva of that big new infested mouth 😛 
Feed the "meme/fun/unused" mods into the wall of flesh (hi terrarians) in order to unlock a new UI with the mods that it ingested as a big passive tree, it could be as big as Path of exile but that is dreaming way too big i guess. 
This passive tree could be unlocked at a X rank on helminth or tied to MR (to give MR more porpuse), so you have some points to start with, as I remember helminth is 10 levels rank right? so if we get 3 points each level on helminth we get 30 passives to unlock, 1 point = 1 consumed mod that can be used into the system that gets active.
the number is really not that relevant, it would depend on how many styles of builds DE allow us to have, but simply being able to use a once "useless" mod into something like this without wasting a mod slot in weapons/warframes would be amazing.
DE will need to decide what mods go there, since i think its bad to have somethings like serration on a system like that because it would break the build system.
litereally every other mod that is not directly damage could in theory go there, peculiars also and so on.
we still need to farm the mod and have it at a max rank to feed it into helminth so the farm stays the same for players that dont want it.

this would 1- give players more diversity in builds, 2- use up all those mods that are getting dust and never being used, 3- getting rid of clutter mods in our mod section, 4- taking a problem and making it a solution.

and while we are talking helminth, hey DE, quick tip, add a really expensive augment mod slot only unlocked by the helminth in the chair 😛  that would be awesome.

well, that is the idea/concept, i leave the rest for DE if they ever read this, this idea can be used or modified in any shape or form or not.
Thanks for the time.

18 hours ago, kaelvamp said:

Hello there.
over the years i noticed a really annoying problem in the game, that is the ammount of mods that we got and never used in the game because they simply take up a slot that could be filled by some useful mod like damage or crit. I get the idea of meme mods or "fun mods" and its fine, thing is that 99% of players will never waste a slot because of it.

The solution you ask?

Lets make all those mods that are not fit our builds into a Helminth passive tree.
the concept is simple and most of the stuff are already in the game we just need to glue them together, and for that we will use the saliva of that big new infested mouth 😛 
Feed the "meme/fun/unused" mods into the wall of flesh (hi terrarians) in order to unlock a new UI with the mods that it ingested as a big passive tree, it could be as big as Path of exile but that is dreaming way too big i guess. 
This passive tree could be unlocked at a X rank on helminth or tied to MR (to give MR more porpuse), so you have some points to start with, as I remember helminth is 10 levels rank right? so if we get 3 points each level on helminth we get 30 passives to unlock, 1 point = 1 consumed mod that can be used into the system that gets active.
the number is really not that relevant, it would depend on how many styles of builds DE allow us to have, but simply being able to use a once "useless" mod into something like this without wasting a mod slot in weapons/warframes would be amazing.
DE will need to decide what mods go there, since i think its bad to have somethings like serration on a system like that because it would break the build system.
litereally every other mod that is not directly damage could in theory go there, peculiars also and so on.
we still need to farm the mod and have it at a max rank to feed it into helminth so the farm stays the same for players that dont want it.

this would 1- give players more diversity in builds, 2- use up all those mods that are getting dust and never being used, 3- getting rid of clutter mods in our mod section, 4- taking a problem and making it a solution.

and while we are talking helminth, hey DE, quick tip, add a really expensive augment mod slot only unlocked by the helminth in the chair 😛  that would be awesome.

well, that is the idea/concept, i leave the rest for DE if they ever read this, this idea can be used or modified in any shape or form or not.
Thanks for the time.

On 2020-08-11 at 6:54 PM, kaelvamp said:

E will need to decide what mods go there, since i think its bad to have somethings like serration on a system like that because it would break the build system.

In my opinion, modding weapons should make it different, cater to special needs. One weapons want high status, other want crit etc. In most cases we want more damage and sometimes speed. If you make mods like Serration into helmit passive tree this will make modding more fun.

56 minutes ago, quxier said:

In my opinion, modding weapons should make it different, cater to special needs. One weapons want high status, other want crit etc. In most cases we want more damage and sometimes speed. If you make mods like Serration into helmit passive tree this will make modding more fun.

No, it will only add power creep because people will just open a slot for another damage mod on the build. 

21 minutes ago, quxier said:

Then nerf it. At least weapons configs would be more different.

Damage is damage. There is good reason why people take damage over everything else. Namely TTK is the measure of a good weapon. Weapon moding was born wrong, because there are universal slots and people will always choose the most damage efficient mod per slot and usually these damage mods have no gameplay depth, they just present a math question before the fight. There are six layers of compounding damage multipliers weapon damage, multshot , elemental damage , critical package , dps procs and fire rate. If you free a slot people won´t put utility, there people will just answer the damage optimization equation with the best mod in slot. Anything short of an overhaling of the damage system won´t change that.

1 hour ago, keikogi said:

If you free a slot people won´t put utility, there people will just answer the damage optimization equation with the best mod in slot. Anything short of an overhaling of the damage system won´t change that.

But if there is no more "good" mods left or mod doesn't change too much then you go into different direction.

damage/crit/status mods stay where they are. 
all the other "useless" mods, meme mods go to passive, mods that are not mandatory like peculiars and that crap that keeps cluttering the mod section, in short all the " I'll never waste a slot with that crap" goes into this system.
the idea is to take all the meme/never used mods and give them a way to be used.

Archived