Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

6 minutes ago, (PS4)SlvrSwrd92 said:

I dunno even some older high level content is still pretty difficult, not get downed and revived 12 times difficult but more 'I need a Squad' difficult. The first orb mother jumps to mind. I think it's a matter of whether the content is interesting rather than challenging. I've been through a couple mmo's and by the end it's more down to unique mechanics than worrying about squeezing out that last bit 8f dps. If you feel the content is trivial upon release it's probably meant for someone a third of your experience. If the endgame content isn't good it's usually a sign the bosses need a skill buff rather then players needing a dps nerf.

To be honest aside from grouping up for better efficiency or loot drops, I can't think of any current content that isn't easily soloable for veterans.

hace 1 minuto, -CdG-Zilchy dijo:

When did you start playing? Serious question not trying to be rude.

from launch on and off (not so much in the beginning) and this is something people should do more. Of all people Veterans of ANY game should understand that game variety is one of the key aspect you should keep in mind to mitigate burnout.

If you keep doing the same over and over sooner or latter doesn't matter how much content is added to a game your will end up hating it (i learned my lesson with runescape and dofus)

One of the greates examples of this is youtubers. when you watch any youtuber that FOR YARS only makes content for ONE game, they either quit or you can see how they dont enjoy it as much as they used to.

So as you do in your diet, you should also keep a healthy balance of games so your enjoyment is more.

Quick request to the community at large, if you hate an ability they picked please don't just complain without offering an alternative solution. If you wanna complain about rhinos roar go right ahead, I even tend to agree with you, but please be ready to explain why iron skin is so much better. Not trying to start fights I just like to see positive reasoning. Also I'm  going to bed now so I won't be able to reply for nineish hours, so keep that in mind if you have a reply for me specifically.

5 minutes ago, danberhe said:

from launch on and off (not so much in the beginning) and this is something people should do more. Of all people Veterans of ANY game should understand that game variety is one of the key aspect you should keep in mind to mitigate burnout.

If you keep doing the same over and over sooner or latter doesn't matter how much content is added to a game your will end up hating it (i learned my lesson with runescape and dofus)

One of the greates examples of this is youtubers. when you watch any youtuber that FOR YARS only makes content for ONE game, they either quit or you can see how they dont enjoy it as much as they used to.

So as you do in your diet, you should also keep a healthy balance of games so your enjoyment is more.

I do play others to avoid the burnout but I do remember content being less trivial in the past. Certainly before operators and rivens were added. Or if we go even further back, the primed mods.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)SlvrSwrd92 said:

Try soloing orb mothers, not impossible but very difficult

No it's not hard honestly. Done it plenty of times. Also discovered a bug last week while farming exploiter to rebuild Hildryn. You can uh go into Arching down there and fly around with Amesha's 1st ability active to be invulnerable to her shooting at you lol. Can pick up cannisters in AW too.

29 minutes ago, MrFrog9 said:

chroma has access to map-spanning AoE like the frames that will now be unilaterally given Roar apparently

anyways

I'm going to add to the list of people saying that Roar being transferable is absolutely not okay, for 3 reasons:

Roar is incongruent to how most frames's kits are designed and balanced, and having it be transferable violates how the ability itself is balanced. Roar allows any given frame to unconditionally double their damage output if built even somewhat properly. On Rhino, this is fine, because his other 3 abilities are all utility and not typically used for damage (except Stomp which has some application as a trash clear). Conversely, many frames are presumably balanced around the fact that they do NOT have access to an unconditional damage increase unless provided to them by a teammate. Assigning Roar arbitrarily, however, breaks this basic design principle.

Roar is heads, tails, leaps, and bounds better than pretty much any ability on this list. Except for the special cases (already a symptom of terrible design) where you can't transfer Roar, is there really any frame in the game that would choose some okay-but-not-astounding CC or utility over the ability to just flat-out deal more damage and presumably directly contribute to clearing a mission faster?

Making Roar transferable will more or less render Rhino himself irrelevant. Yes, Iron Skin and Stomp are nice, but I'm pretty sure Rhino's main utility and his contribution to any given mission objective is his ability to drastically boost the damage output of his entire team including himself, and that function can now be lifted from him and assigned to another frame which will then not only be able to do his job, but whatever job they already natively do.

Roar is literally a role-defining talent which has no place being transferable freely at all let alone being on the same list of options as things like Airburst or friggin' Shock.

(The above criticisms apply to the other damage boosters on the list (Eclipse, Nourish, etc.) to an extent but Roar gets my attention for being especially odious.)

I dunno... I was thinking of things that'd work differently... like Quiver on Atlas (Cloak Rumblers, anyone?) and Mind Control on Valkyr, since minion... maybe Warcry to Rhino (that audio's gonna break some brains, i think...) Maybe Pull on Nidus.

hace 2 minutos, (PS4)SlvrSwrd92 dijo:

Try soloing orb mothers, not impossible but very difficult

i feel that is not hard, just boring and slow (exploiter for the little A******s immune to abilities and profit just because you have to keep playing simon with his shield)

Not sure if anyone's said it yet, but blood alter on Nidus will seem fun.

I mean, he already is the tankiest frame in the game. Why not add in more healing to make it more outrageous?

also, blood alter and Roar seem to be the best possible ones out of the bunch.

roar if you're aiming for just boosting damage, and blood alter for when you want to boost the survival of already good tanks/give healing to those that lack it.

note: Molt on loki is a better decoy.

9 hours ago, jesusdh said:

Mastery should be increased to 20+.

Why not 30? :crylaugh:

Maybe they should fix open worlds first? Or matchmaking/host migration issues in general? Or make the Grendel missions less awful? Get rid of the amino beacon gate on Ambulas?

Bugs before features, guys. Fix the bad parts, no more lipstick on the pig.

1 minute ago, (XB1)VAPELYN JENNER said:

I noticed many frames main blueprints and a few frames components are from quests!  If we want to keep our one copy, or if we have deleted the one copy because we got the prime version what do we do?

Go check out the Simaris offerings, you can buy duplicate quest rewards there.

hace 14 minutos, -CdG-Zilchy dijo:

I do play others to avoid the burnout but I do remember content being less trivial in the past. Certainly before operators and rivens were added. Or if we go even further back, the primed mods.

TBH they where inevitable, warframe needed to push damage foward somehow, being a horde game the player gets the enjoyment of killing a lot of different enemies in a lot of different ways. when you keep a cap on something like this you also keep a cap on how much people will enjoy it.

Archived