Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Why do these Infused Warframe Abilities have these rules?
It was apparent in player feedback and play testing that these Infused Warframe Abilities had the potential to be the overwhelming choice; which is not ideal. Instead of changing the Ability outright due to those concerns, we decided to give them slight rules when Infused.

There are some abilities that should've been buffed to be in a more favorable position. Provide us with more choices like Zaw parts, not limit them like Kitguns. Zephyr's Airburst and Trinity's Well of Life are a start, but not buffing/changing abilities such as Hydroid's Tempest Barrage is baffling (slow to use, ragdolls enemies since March's changes to Impact procs).

13 minutes ago, HealingMind said:

Do people think Gauss is some sort of massively squishy fast boi? Gauss is a tank on wheels when he gets setup, he doesn't need any armor buffs when he can just press 4, press 2, and go whoosh and then mow down people at max speed.

He has 0 defenses against Electricity, Gas, Magnetic, Corrosive, Toxin, Viral, and Radiation. You take full damage from those sources. Precisely because he's so fast it's extremely easy to just step on pile of infested vomit and die instantly.

13 minutes ago, HealingMind said:

Hell, Banshee's and maybe mirage are the only real glass cannon designs anymore. Pretty much everyone else has something to be able to deal with the damage that comes in.

And yet those would have stacked even more with Defy.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)IrOrphanCrippler said:

Good logic till we consider arcane tanker. Giving 80% damage reduction and if paired with the 1500 from defy only = 90%DR. So what is the harm?

Ask DE. But I don't see Nova or Mesa or Mirage doing Arcane Tanker instead of Arcane Energize. 

1 minute ago, kaotis said:

Sadly after each update you guys at DE seem to care more about what the minority that screams more think about your game than your actual product.

Maybe DE should listen to the 5 people playing Conclave and remove PvE. 😄

"hey, we have nearly 30 mastery ranks currently, should we maybe use those to pace out content so that players have things to strive for and don't feel overwhelmed?"

"Nah, cram 90% of everything into mr10 and below"

"What are the rest of the mastery ranks for then?"

"dAiLy StAnDiNg CaPs"

4 minutes ago, Dalladir said:

Players will still pick one of the 7 decent abilities even if they are nerfed because everything else is not worth your damn time.

Not everyone follows the meta you know.

Mind Control will probably go to my most used frames. Those meta abilities can screw themselves.

1 hour ago, AnhurShu said:

To the people who are saying that the nerfs on the subsumed versions of the abilities are justified because it leaves a reason to play the original Warframe, doesn't that just point to a bigger problem? If one ability on a frame being available to all takes away any reason to play that frame, doesn't that just mean that the frame's kit is the issue and needs a rework? If that's the case, wouldn't it benefit it to be played by fewer people for a while (because people can use the "useful" ability elsewhere) since that is one of the big indicators to DE as to what needs a rework and what doesn't?

Also, as others have pointed out, I'm just so amused that the promise of delivering what was shown at Tennocon has already fallen through a bit, nerfs before it is even out and the system for veteran players suddenly becomes more new player friendly.

I couldn't agree with this more, except the "new player friendly part". A system that lets newer players waste resources before they may even know their worth is anything but.

And to be clear, this isn't me trying to call new players stupid or anything of the sort. I know for sure if this system was available to me when I started, I absolutely would've been throwing resources at it to level it up in the hopes of it giving something good, and I would've regretted it later for sure. The game as a whole is much better now than it was when I started of course, but if things were back then as they are/will be now, I'm not sure I would've gotten very far. I feel like they really need to start doing a better job of pacing progression and systems and seeing something be locked behind MR15 seemed like a good start.

il y a 2 minutes, DrivaMain a dit :

Not everyone follows the meta you know.

Mind Control will probably go to my most used frames. Those meta abilities can screw themselves.

Yes, but for thoses like you, the nerf have no reasons to exist at all, as you don't follow the meta, as you said. So you have no reason to complain about people not complaining, you're basically not concerned. 

Setting it at 8 is a huge trap for new players
players who don't have the alloy plates for a kavat segment are now going to waste their resources on the helminth
and not be able to make basic frames etc
Is this the intent? Get new players to waste resources so they're enticed to buy boosters, or something? 

hace 6 minutos, Zahnny dijo:

Maybe DE should listen to the 5 people playing Conclave and remove PvE. 😄

Let's pray the money whales don't all go to conclave only then xD would be sad conclusion to the "beta" stage of this game 

1 minute ago, Jarriaga said:

He has 0 defenses against Electricity, Gas, Magnetic, Corrosive, Toxin, Viral. Precisely because he's so fast it's extremely easy to just step on pile of infested vomit and die instantly.

Most of those things are barely ever present in the majority of gameplay. It's like saying Mesa 3 is bad because it has a melee/explosion weakness.

2 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

And yet those would have stacked even more with Defy.

Why would they even want it? It'd be completely redundant on them other than "DA MEMEZ" There's basically no point, since pretty much all of those frames can survive just as well without Defy, and it basically serves no other purpose than "free armor, I guess." Being even more redundantly tanky while sacrificing a good damage or utility ability is just not a decision that works well in a game where the whole goal is to nuke things as fast as possible, and it's why Wukong was S#&$ to begin with.

I'm surprised I haven't seen more salty posts from people realizing they are not going to have this out of the gate and are going to have to reach rank 3 in the new open world local city syndicate before they can even jump into the system.

So many people have their frames baked in the foundry and ready to be yeeted into the blender, and are going to be waiting at least a few days even if they have high MR, and you can only put in one every 24 hours. 

But people seem to mostly just be complaining about the pre-nerfs. 

I've been playing for a very long time now and rarely bother to post on the forum, that I actually bother to post here should tell you something...

This is ridiculous. Buff the bad abilities instead so that they become good not only for putting them on other frames via the Helminth but also for the frames they belong to. Nobody uses Terrify on Nekros for example since it goes against how that frame is usually built (max range looting) and nobody ever chooses Nekros to shred armor and scare enemies away since there are better ways to do so on other frames.

If all the weaker abilities get buffed that would mean that there would actually be a choice involved in which ability I replace on a frame. As it is now there are frames like Nyx where you just automatically drop the 1 no matter what you replace it with. Or a frame like Inaros which has *at least* 2 useless abilities (I guess it's kinda a choice which of the abilities which you never use becomes useful...)

It seems like you still don't know how to interpret your stats properly and what the underlying issues in this game really are, which makes me really sad because I want to love this game, I actually played a couple missions again once you announced this update instead of just logging in, jumping through my orbiter 3 times and logging off again...

Please reconsider these changes @[DE]Megan @[DE]Rebecca

While I think MR 8 is way too early for a system like that I don't care too much as long as you revert the nerfs and instead buff the underwhelming abilities across the board. I know this is quite a bit of work but you can easily get feedback from very experienced players, I'd guess most of them *really* now the intricacies of the game better than almost anyone at DE because they spent so much more time playing the game than you guys do. You could also just ask Brozime, whether someone likes him or not, his knowledge of the game is massive. Use your access to that knowledge and *please* actually make the right choices for once...

11 minutes ago, HealingMind said:

Most of those things are barely ever present in the majority of gameplay. It's like saying Mesa 3 is bad because it has a melee/explosion weakness.

That's true only if you're dealing exclusively against the Grineer. The damage types I listed are common in Corpus, Infested, and Corrupted.

11 minutes ago, HealingMind said:

Why would they even want it? It'd be completely redundant on them other than "DA MEMEZ" There's basically no point, since pretty much all of those frames can survive just as well without Defy, and it basically serves no other purpose than "free armor, I guess." Being even more redundantly tanky while sacrificing a good damage or utility ability is just not a decision that works well in a game where the whole goal is to nuke things as fast as possible, and it's why Wukong was S#&$ to begin with.

1) Not everyone builds nukes.

2) Even in nuke builds, some abilities have no place and the frame could benefit from a buffer. Particularly true in the case of Mirage since her protection is out of your own control due to lighting conditions, so replacing Prism with Defy was a no-brainer for many here since she can't use Roar.

3) Just because something doesn't fit your playstyle doesn't mean it isn't true for someone else. Not everyone is a spreadsheet min-maxer.

1 minute ago, (NSW)Brunzwick said:

Setting it at 8 is a huge trap for new players
players who don't have the alloy plates for a kavat segment are now going to waste their resources on the helminth
and not be able to make basic frames etc
Is this the intent? Get new players to waste resources so they're enticed to buy boosters, or something? 

That doesn't seem to be the intent to me. The change is just due to low MR players here on the forums expressing discontent, complaining how it will take them a long time to reach MR 15... DE ppl saw that and just went along the lines of "let's make everyone happy". They concluded that *after all* the MR 15 gate isn't absolutely necessary, stating a few reasons why it doesn't strictly has to be that way, but ignoring solid reasons, which by sheer logic, have to be the original reasons of someone from their team, why it's good that it should be that way.

it's a common logical fallacy of concluding that since something doesn't have to be a certain way it shouldn't be that way, despite it being a good thing (albeit not a strictly necessary thing) that it be that way. 

for example you don't absolutely have to own a car, but you need a car to get places faster and use your time better. you're uncomfortable spending a lot of money on a car so you just say to yourself - i don't absolutely have to have a car, so i shouldn't have a car. obviously wrong, but very common reasoning.

7 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I'm surprised I haven't seen more salty posts from people realizing they are not going to have this out of the gate and are going to have to reach rank 3 in the new open world local city syndicate before they can even jump into the system.

So many people have their frames baked in the foundry and ready to be yeeted into the blender, and are going to be waiting at least a few days even if they have high MR, and you can only put in one every 24 hours. 

But people seem to mostly just be complaining about the pre-nerfs. 

because playing the new content to unlock it is fine for high mr players, the 2 complaints are the fact they arnt fixing frames that are almost useless like hydroid and zephyr nd instead nurfing stuff

dont even get me started about iron skin on rhino lasting 2 secs at most in steel path, and getting killed because of it 

we didnt want helmeth system, we wanted a way to bake the augments right into the powers instead of them being garbage in the first place 

Archived