il y a 2 minutes, DrivaMain a dit :

Not everyone follows the meta you know.

Mind Control will probably go to my most used frames. Those meta abilities can screw themselves.

Yes, but for thoses like you, the nerf have no reasons to exist at all, as you don't follow the meta, as you said. So you have no reason to complain about people not complaining, you're basically not concerned. 

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, (PS4)DidelphisV said:

Lmao you actually have no clue whatsoever. Bet you test builds against level 30s 

no, you have no clue whatsoever, i bet you test builds against lvl 150 instead lvl 1k+

Setting it at 8 is a huge trap for new players
players who don't have the alloy plates for a kavat segment are now going to waste their resources on the helminth
and not be able to make basic frames etc
Is this the intent? Get new players to waste resources so they're enticed to buy boosters, or something? 

• Like 13
hace 6 minutos, Zahnny dijo:

Maybe DE should listen to the 5 people playing Conclave and remove PvE. 😄

Let's pray the money whales don't all go to conclave only then xD would be sad conclusion to the "beta" stage of this game 

1 minute ago, Jarriaga said:

He has 0 defenses against Electricity, Gas, Magnetic, Corrosive, Toxin, Viral. Precisely because he's so fast it's extremely easy to just step on pile of infested vomit and die instantly.

Most of those things are barely ever present in the majority of gameplay. It's like saying Mesa 3 is bad because it has a melee/explosion weakness.

2 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

And yet those would have stacked even more with Defy.

Why would they even want it? It'd be completely redundant on them other than "DA MEMEZ" There's basically no point, since pretty much all of those frames can survive just as well without Defy, and it basically serves no other purpose than "free armor, I guess." Being even more redundantly tanky while sacrificing a good damage or utility ability is just not a decision that works well in a game where the whole goal is to nuke things as fast as possible, and it's why Wukong was S#&$ to begin with.

20 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Looks like a lot of people expected rampant powercreep and are now upset that they will deal 10 times the needed damage rather than 50.

the joker lol GIF

Isn't trolling against the rules btw?

• Like 5

I'm surprised I haven't seen more salty posts from people realizing they are not going to have this out of the gate and are going to have to reach rank 3 in the new open world local city syndicate before they can even jump into the system.

So many people have their frames baked in the foundry and ready to be yeeted into the blender, and are going to be waiting at least a few days even if they have high MR, and you can only put in one every 24 hours. 

But people seem to mostly just be complaining about the pre-nerfs. 

• Like 1

I've been playing for a very long time now and rarely bother to post on the forum, that I actually bother to post here should tell you something...

This is ridiculous. Buff the bad abilities instead so that they become good not only for putting them on other frames via the Helminth but also for the frames they belong to. Nobody uses Terrify on Nekros for example since it goes against how that frame is usually built (max range looting) and nobody ever chooses Nekros to shred armor and scare enemies away since there are better ways to do so on other frames.

If all the weaker abilities get buffed that would mean that there would actually be a choice involved in which ability I replace on a frame. As it is now there are frames like Nyx where you just automatically drop the 1 no matter what you replace it with. Or a frame like Inaros which has *at least* 2 useless abilities (I guess it's kinda a choice which of the abilities which you never use becomes useful...)

It seems like you still don't know how to interpret your stats properly and what the underlying issues in this game really are, which makes me really sad because I want to love this game, I actually played a couple missions again once you announced this update instead of just logging in, jumping through my orbiter 3 times and logging off again...

Please reconsider these changes @[DE]Megan @[DE]Rebecca

While I think MR 8 is way too early for a system like that I don't care too much as long as you revert the nerfs and instead buff the underwhelming abilities across the board. I know this is quite a bit of work but you can easily get feedback from very experienced players, I'd guess most of them *really* now the intricacies of the game better than almost anyone at DE because they spent so much more time playing the game than you guys do. You could also just ask Brozime, whether someone likes him or not, his knowledge of the game is massive. Use your access to that knowledge and *please* actually make the right choices for once...

Edited by GGDevil
  • Like 4
11 minutes ago, HealingMind said:

Most of those things are barely ever present in the majority of gameplay. It's like saying Mesa 3 is bad because it has a melee/explosion weakness.

That's true only if you're dealing exclusively against the Grineer. The damage types I listed are common in Corpus, Infested, and Corrupted.

11 minutes ago, HealingMind said:

Why would they even want it? It'd be completely redundant on them other than "DA MEMEZ" There's basically no point, since pretty much all of those frames can survive just as well without Defy, and it basically serves no other purpose than "free armor, I guess." Being even more redundantly tanky while sacrificing a good damage or utility ability is just not a decision that works well in a game where the whole goal is to nuke things as fast as possible, and it's why Wukong was S#&$ to begin with.

1) Not everyone builds nukes.

2) Even in nuke builds, some abilities have no place and the frame could benefit from a buffer. Particularly true in the case of Mirage since her protection is out of your own control due to lighting conditions, so replacing Prism with Defy was a no-brainer for many here since she can't use Roar.

3) Just because something doesn't fit your playstyle doesn't mean it isn't true for someone else. Not everyone is a spreadsheet min-maxer.

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, (NSW)Brunzwick said:

Setting it at 8 is a huge trap for new players
players who don't have the alloy plates for a kavat segment are now going to waste their resources on the helminth
and not be able to make basic frames etc
Is this the intent? Get new players to waste resources so they're enticed to buy boosters, or something? 

That doesn't seem to be the intent to me. The change is just due to low MR players here on the forums expressing discontent, complaining how it will take them a long time to reach MR 15... DE ppl saw that and just went along the lines of "let's make everyone happy". They concluded that *after all* the MR 15 gate isn't absolutely necessary, stating a few reasons why it doesn't strictly has to be that way, but ignoring solid reasons, which by sheer logic, have to be the original reasons of someone from their team, why it's good that it should be that way.

it's a common logical fallacy of concluding that since something doesn't have to be a certain way it shouldn't be that way, despite it being a good thing (albeit not a strictly necessary thing) that it be that way. 

for example you don't absolutely have to own a car, but you need a car to get places faster and use your time better. you're uncomfortable spending a lot of money on a car so you just say to yourself - i don't absolutely have to have a car, so i shouldn't have a car. obviously wrong, but very common reasoning.

7 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I'm surprised I haven't seen more salty posts from people realizing they are not going to have this out of the gate and are going to have to reach rank 3 in the new open world local city syndicate before they can even jump into the system.

So many people have their frames baked in the foundry and ready to be yeeted into the blender, and are going to be waiting at least a few days even if they have high MR, and you can only put in one every 24 hours. 

But people seem to mostly just be complaining about the pre-nerfs. 

because playing the new content to unlock it is fine for high mr players, the 2 complaints are the fact they arnt fixing frames that are almost useless like hydroid and zephyr nd instead nurfing stuff

dont even get me started about iron skin on rhino lasting 2 secs at most in steel path, and getting killed because of it 

we didnt want helmeth system, we wanted a way to bake the augments right into the powers instead of them being garbage in the first place 

Edited by (PS4)Spider_Enigma
  • Like 3
hace 3 horas, [DE]Megan dijo:

PART 2 - Helminth Segment Acquisition

As already indicated in this Dev Workshops original post, the Helminth Segment is acquired in the Heart of Deimos in the Entrati Syndicate. To expand on that, this means you’ll need to progress within the Entrati Syndicate located within the Necralisk to obtain the Helminth Segment before you can start experimenting with everything Helminth. 

Without spoiling too much, the Helminth Segment is currently obtained in Rank 3 of the Entrati Syndicate. This reminder is simply to set expectations on what you’ll have access to upon logging into the Heart of Deimos. 

No offense, but you telling us before or us right clicking a syndicate and seeing requirements... is not what common people would consider spoiler...

And you haven't set our expectations at all ... rank 1 could be 500k standing for all we know, part 2 of your post doesn't tell us much a part from: "segment in rank 3 gg gl have fun". Not even how the mecha system will actually work (if we are talking about the syndicate systems this part is important to talk about).

Edited by kaotis
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, (PS4)IrOrphanCrippler said:

"Very experienced players" also doesn't mean a player played for no more than one month. Which is all it takes to get MR 8 while Not trying. And I base this not only from the 24h required but also MR points required.

What would you consider a better lock?

I'm not talking about a lock.  My original question was about how some people equate all new content with some kind of mythical endgame.  I don't care if they lock it or not.  I'm just tired of seeing every new thing be declared "endgame" and then followed by weeks of whining when it somehow isn't.  Not that it matters either way, since no one at all cares what I think anyway.

• Like 2
On 2020-08-12 at 1:27 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Edited 3 hours ago by [DE]Megan
EDIT: We have also changed the Mastery Rank Prerequisite of the Helminth Segment to 8 (was 15).

So much for this system being geared towards advanced players......

• Like 6

i got a feeling that Megan isn't telling by how much they NERFED the abilities just to avoid the biggest backlash ever. i bet it was nerfed by half or even more and they just don't want to have a french rebellion on their hands. which they'd deserve, nerfing these abilities shows a DEEP LACK of understanding of the game.

• Like 11
1 hour ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

So I can feed my Warframe to a flesh mouth before I get the Sancti Tigris or Paracesis. Not a good look.

You can feed your Warframe to that flesh mouth (Helminth) before unlocking the junction for the planet (Sedna) that's required to unlock the quest (Glast Gambit) that introduces you to the Warframe (Nidus) that originally grants you access to that flesh mouth.

Or, put another way, you can feed your warframe to Helminth before you ever need to use Helminth to cure your Warframe of a cyst.

Yeah, not a good look at all, and all because DE doesn't actually remember how they'd developed their game's progression, because they don't play their own game.

Edited by OniDax
  • Like 8

The best way to unlock Helminth system still be completed QUEST. If you done The Sacrifice or The Glast Gambit by normal way, your MR almost above 10.

BUT

It too late now.

Edited by naturalcandy
2 minutes ago, kaotis said:

No offense, but you telling us before or us right clicking a syndicate and seeing requirements... is not what common people would consider spoiler...

And you haven't set our expectations at all ... rank 1 could be 500k standing for all we know, part 2 of your post doesn't tell us much a part from segment in rank 3 gg gl have fun. Not even how the mecha system will actually work (if we are talking about the syndicate systems this part is important to talk about).

I think it's pretty safe to say it's going to be the same standing requirements as every syndicate ever... why would it be different? 

The only question is what the resource requirements exactly will be, but you will almost certainly acquire them by doing bounties/fishing/mining in the new open world. 

I understand your annoyance if you feel you were unwilling spoiled anyway, don't get me wrong. Just saying, I think we can pretty safely say how the open world syndicate will rank up, that is something they have been quite consistent with over the years. 

On 2020-08-12 at 7:27 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Rhino - Roar
Diminished Damage increase

Mirage - Eclipse
Diminished Damage increase and cap Damage Reduction 

Valkyr - Warcry
Attack speed increase reduced

Protea - Dispenser
Duration reduced

Nidus - Larva
Radius reduced

Wukong - Defy
Armor capped

I already build all of those. Funny, isn't it? I wonder if those abilities will even be worth using at all with their new numbers. Also, you are basically admitting that you chose the wrong abilities. Anyhow, can we expect some of the worthless abilities to be buffed as well?

You are aware that we'll just use the next best ability in line, right? If you cut Larva by 50% we'll just use Ensnare. So more nerfs to come, right?

• Like 4

DE:

On 2020-08-12 at 10:27 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

We do not intend to let newer players unlock this system. We intentionally placed the Segment deep into progression to ensure only experienced players could access the Segment and begin their journey with Helminth.

Also DE:

On 2020-08-12 at 10:27 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

We have also changed the Mastery Rank Prerequisite of the Helminth Segment to 8 (was 15).

• Like 8

Rather than nerfing the abilities that are strong choices, have you considered buffing the abilities that no one is looking at a bit further? You've already changed airburst and well of life because you realized that as-is those abilities weren't going to be used at all; perhaps this is a good chance to take it a step further and give all of these inoffensive 'safe' powers another look to make them more interesting.

On a related note, Airburst is still in a pretty bad place, giving it another review would be a good idea.

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, naturalcandy said:

It too late now.

it isn't too late, just set MR to 12, don't nerf the abilities too much, spread the nerf onto energy cost and duration as well as strength and range, tell the actual numbers, and everything will be fine. 

for example, why shouldn't the energy cost of roar be 100? on some frames it will take the place of their ult costing 100. that's a better way to nerf it than halving it's strength. actual nerf to strength could be 15-25% i guess. 

• Like 1