Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

One thing that I am concerned about is maintaining kit synergy, and hope there's a means to keep it.

Like replacing Ember's fire blast with Hildryn's pillage will using pillage then drain your gague? Or replacing Frost's ice blast with Volt's--is he no longer able to break his ice globes?

6 minutes ago, (PS4)GyroDriveSmasher said:

I don't see why not. You'd have to give up Mesa's 2 which means you'd be still stuck with her 1. I think I'm going with dispensary on her.

Pretty sure you can replace any ability not just what she can give. 

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Warframes that are Subsumed join the Helminth in an eternal bond. They will live on in a Lotus flower that matches the colours of the Subsumed Warframe, as a permanent honor. See below for an example of the Helminth garden after 5 Subsumes:

Oh. That's... Not as bad as I was expecting. Honestly, I expected "That Mag sure looks like plant food to me" style chomping, but if the tortured warframe gets to rest instead of constantly fighting, that doesn't make me feel so bad about using this new system. And there's a certain beauty to turning warframes into lotus flowers like that.

What happens to subsumed frames that have a potato? Is the reactor refunded, or lost forever? Or perhaps potato'd frames are simply disqualified for feeding to Helminth in the first place?

3 minutes ago, Jackel7 said:

Am I the only one shocked that for wukong Defy was picked? The move that can/does make you tanky over celestial twin which can be killed if you don't make the habit of using cloud walker. (NOTE: just an observation) 

I think there was little choice with Wukong. Wukong doesn't get attention from the nerf crowd as he doesn't have crazy ease of use AOE nuke or something like some frames, but taken individually, all of his abilities are kind of problematic for this system. 

This list is broken, this entices solo playing more than anything.. I can see builds that renders a full squad useless already. You plan on making warframe a solo game DE? Though I don’t really mind just wondering. Was mostly shocked about valkyr warcry, she’s gonna be pretty much useless once everyone can use it now. I put warcry on baruuk it’s game over for all factions

This doesn't seem as overpowered as people say it is. Try as DE might, a meta will be found for everything. And there had to be some really good abilities thrown in the mix to make the system worth the amount of effort put into swapping abilities.

You have to do be MR15, do the HoD quest, farm warframes to give up, and feed tge helminth the proper resources. Imagine doing ALL THAT WORK for something as insignificant as Valkyr's Ripline, or Rhino's Charge? Sure they have their moments, but they have little to no use outside of low level content or very specific builds.

Good job DE, Mirage eclipse Will be top tier. Every frame will use it, tridolon is a joke with constant 95% damage reduction because Moonlight are still count as dark for Mirage elcipse and it Will be OP to use it on frame like nekros, change his 1 to eclipse and nekros is invincible farm god. Rhino and nezha Will be immortal with wukong defy, every frame are unkillable with saryn molt + augment. Its fun but guess what? Everyone Will use the same frame with the same combination either Mirage eclipse, Rhino Roar, wukong defy, saryn molt. U can get either damage buff or armor buff or unlimited regen. Thats awesome DE everyone Will use the same frame with the same helmint ability just like they use Bramma Nukor Kronen in every single loadout. 

I don't think making Valkyr give Warcry is a good choice, since it's one of her 2 viable abilities and honestly I think making her give Ripline instead and add some buffs to it would have been a better idea.

Also if I recall correctly signature abilities weren't going to be given out, and I only know of one other frame who clearly has a human voice on his abilities.

1 minute ago, (PS4)R-E-Fan6 said:

You didn't read the full thing did you.....

What do you mean? Just because you can't have two damage amps in one kit doesn't make them any less ubiquitous. at least 90% of all frames would rather have rhino roar than one of their other abilities, it's so ubiquitous it's unreal.

Limbo

Banish

Rift Haven

Base Ability Change: Add ‘Cancel ability on Hold’ to let enemies out of Rift. 

I swear by the life of me, I just want to slap this thing on Limbo... Please let me have the modified version on Limbo himself... Please... Make our suffering as Limbo mains end... 

41 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderDubkip said:

The memorial flowers are based of their default colorings I'm guessing? Since you can only subsume once

Or their coloration at the time you subsume them?  Maybe it records their currently active colors if you take time to dress them up a little before you give them to Helminth.  OnO

Archived