5 minutes ago, Redfeather75 said:

But I vowed that I was done farming syndicate.

There's been a faction farm in every open world thus far so the only surprise this time around is that something like this is only set to Rank 3

That's a few days of bounties at most.

Absent that, just go play Remnant ( I assume you mean Remnant of the Ashes)... Definitely a great choice and a new DLC incoming too.

I’m not bothered by the MR change. This system is a big a time investment and a MR 8 player won’t always be able to have another built frame lined up. Probably once they hit MR 15 they might have only a few subsumed frames. Meanwhile, players without anything worthwhile to do will have already collected most of what they need.

Separately though, I do not like the ability changes. If the chosen abilities are already having their numbers tweaked, it doesn’t bring about confidence. If I invest time into this system, will a combination I find & enjoy be tweaked on a whim? I say leave the abilities uncapped. The game is already easy. Extra big numbers don’t really mean anything it just makes certain people feel good.

However. I still don’t agree with many of the chosen abilities. So don’t bother changing the numbers, but change some of those abilities please. I like this system but as it stands, many frames will be worthless if sometimes their one and only signature ability is given away — even if it’s artificially made worse.

6 days before the update and you invoke anti-hype. you're throwing more content in the face of newer players when they already have way too much to deal with (going from MR 15 to 8.) and now we gotta assume for the worst on any ability that could be considered useful.

How long are we going to go on this rodeo and tug of war over knee jerked decisions?

Why does it feel like there's a constant effort to kill player retention and longevity? It's baffling.

• Like 4
Just now, KitMeHarder said:

Because you can get +faction damage on rivens?

yes you can also get a plethora of other undesirable stats on rivens

the issue is: do you want to get +faction on rivens? (answer: no)

Honestly I don't go on forums much and socialize here but this is a exception, I really don't like the recent changes with the helmith system, I don't like it is Now for MR 8 players instead of 15, new player's are getting too much with this new update, and no signs of catering to veteran's/ experienced player's. I am mostly ticked off that the system not 15 (or at least 10.) And I know it is to early to judge but do some of these buffing abilities need a nerf? I hope it is not significant, and why are you focusing on those abilities and not focusing on the abilities that people neglect? I really hope (especially the mastery rank change) changes before release, update no longer sounds as promising.

• Like 5

Warframe Players: " Oh my god, these abilitues are too OP, everybody will be using Roar or Eclipse"

Also Warframe Players: "SCREW U DE WHY U NERF"

The numbers aren't even out yet smh 

Edited by VocaSeiza
  • Like 1

Man, DE just can't win. First everyone was crying about how strong this system will be. "DE! What were you thinking giving us these abilities!"

Now, they make them a tad weaker and y'all are crying about that too.

As for the MR reduction, y'all just mad 'cause you have to share your candy.

• Like 2
On 2020-08-13 at 12:27 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Who is this for?
We consider this a customization system for very experienced Warframe players (Mastery Rank 15 8 Prerequisite). We do not intend to let newer players unlock this system. We intentionally placed the Segment deep into progression to ensure only experienced players could access the Segment and begin their journey with Helminth.

And oof, it's already baby-fied to cater to newbs.

Like bruh MR8 can be obtained in less than 2 weeks (of logged in days, not real hours) how is it even considered experienced? Maybe you should consider having additional or alternative gating like the player having 100-200 mission hours at least to access it? so old players who didnt rank up much can still catch up quick without the need to lower the MR requirement? Because, sure,  MR8 was considered high rank, like 6 or 7 years ago. Wake up DE this is no longer 2013-2014 era.

"We do not intend to let newer players unlock this system. We intentionally placed the Segment deep into progression to ensure only experienced players could access the Segment and begin their journey with Helminth."
>"Deep into progression",
>Is next to Mars that is 4th planet in progression, not even junction gated from it,
>Is just another open world grind that needs a week or two to grind and reach the 3rd rank,

Honestly, decisions like this is what makes people keep asking if DE ever cared to actual veterans in their game, when in the end it's just another non-face value but still newb content. Why even lowering the pre-requirement instead of keeping it as is (MR 15), making actual experienced player feel more worth in themselves, and encouraging newbs to rank up further to broaden their arsenal.

Yeah call it a salty veteran thing but if the company who's service you use doesn't even make u feel worthy using their service it's just gonna make you slowly giving it up once you are no longer within their targeted audience.

Edited by Xsoskeleton
  • Like 12
7 minutes ago, Aldain said:

In the dev workshop thread people are already doing that.

The bar continues to slide even lower...before long we'll hit the center of the planet.

Maybe if it goes any lower, it'll start getting higher again on the other side?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, VocaSeiza said:

Warframe Players: " Oh my god, these abilitues are too OP, everybody will be using Roar or Eclipse

an extra special kind of warframe player: oh my god why do people complain roar is OP when you can have +faction on a riven 😐

• Like 1
Just now, Loza03 said:

Maybe if it goes any lower, it'll start getting higher again on the other side?

Depends, we're either going to double back around or just keep going into the negatives.

...Looking around I expect the bar to fall into a black hole any minute now.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

Here's the thing...A buff is still a buff even if it isn't as large as the buff they were hoping for.

Even nerfed, the subsumed abilities will generally take the place of abilities the player doesn't normally use anyway...That's a buff.

If the knowledge that the buff isn't 100% of the original keeps the idea of subsuming from being appetizing, then they probably shouldn't subsume for the buff to begin with anyway.

What if they actually "cap" it where it is weak.  The fact we always try make good frame with another frame and then this happen.

• Like 2

remnant of ashes is a paid game though. the reason DE is locking helminth is to increase the play time of players on their free to play game. or else you will have many players subsuming their fav abilities and moving down, ignoring the open world regardless of how bad or good it may be.

Edited by kevoisvevo

What can we expect from this system in the future? Will X ability be nerfed because Y frame is the overwhelming choice?
You already made us waste resources and time and the update isn’t live yet, what guarantee do we have that more nerfs won’t happen?

• Like 4

Imagine MR8 players actually have 1 mil nano spores to feed helminth lmao

My friend who was MR8 month ago literally don't know how to mod properly, does DE consider them veterans?

Actually, I would like a proper explanation on this, is it because there are too little playerbase currently that have MR15+ so you guys lowered it? Then can you at least do a PSA to explain it?

Also, how bout you buff weaker abilities and only slightly nerf strong ones (how convenient no numbers were given for the nerfs). We are trying to replace our warframe's weak ability with a stronger one, not another crappy one.

• Like 13
11 minutes ago, Dragmod said:

As for the MR reduction, y'all just mad 'cause you have to share your candy.

honestly ? I dont give a damn about helminth, Mech suits is what I'm in for 

Edited by MouadSaqui
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, ChaoticEdge said:

What if they actually "cap" it where it is weak.  The fact we always try make good frame with another frame and then this happen.

Kudos! You did promise to make good use of that meme.😃

As to your question: Those types of nerfs will be inevitable based on potential synergies regardless... But not a likelihood in the near term.

For what its worth they are still going to be good abilities to put on your frame of choice, just with less "overshadowing" of the original frame (because apparently people believe that a frame giving up one of its powers invalidates the whole frame...) Dev Workshops are the place to chop and change a thing before it goes live and the fact that they have player testing finally helps that even more.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Dragmod said:

First everyone was crying about how strong this system will be. "DE! What were you thinking giving us these abilities!"

Now, they make them a tad weaker and y'all are crying about that too.

It's almost as if they are two distinct groups

Edited by Aguzo
  • Like 4
9 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Without spoiling too much, the Helminth Segment is currently obtained in Rank 3 of the Entrati Syndicate. This reminder is simply to set expectations on what you’ll have access to upon logging into the Heart of Deimos. 

Universal Medallions work for Entrati Syndicate when lunch or later?

• Like 2