Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

3 minutes ago, JPFlareon said:

What do you mean? Just because you can't have two damage amps in one kit doesn't make them any less ubiquitous. at least 90% of all frames would rather have rhino roar than one of their other abilities, it's so ubiquitous it's unreal.

What if that is exactly what DE wants though. 

And to clarify, I mean. Imagine how when someone wants certain weapon damage frames/buffers, you always hear the same 2-3 frames come up.

Now people can bring their favorites and still fill those roles.You don't need that extra power in all situations, that's why you have different configs. 

The goal of this seems to be not necessarily build diversity, as meta's will still be created, but more frame diversity. You will no longer HAVE to bring Rhino/Volt if you want certain buffs, etc. 

Considering the replacement abilities, this system wasn't given as much thought as it should have, this will be really broken.

Only 2-3 must haves and some niche abilities worth using, the rest...

And some frames give their straight up best ability...

So poorly thought out.

Roar and Eclipse are such stand-out picks from the rest of the list that I would actually rather have Rhino and Mirage's weaker powers than the convolution of the system included by restricting "damage buff" abilities.

And... in case you've forgotten, Roar works on Warframe abilities. It's easily one of the best buffs in the game.

Having this and trying to balance *anything* around it (enemies, future abilities, existing ones) will probably cause more unpleasant problems in the game's future than the satisfaction I would get from being able to instantly double the killing power of Peacemaker or Razorwing or Saryn or hell, Warframes with percentage based HP damage abilities.

I'm eager to play around with the system. I've already got a spare of almost every Warframe built, pending Simaris blueprints. But this is kinda crazy.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb (PS4)BURNMEDUSA:

Good job DE, Mirage eclipse Will be top tier. Every frame will use it, tridolon is a joke with constant 95% damage reduction because Moonlight are still count as dark for Mirage elcipse and it Will be OP to use it on frame like nekros, change his 1 to eclipse and nekros is invincible farm god. Rhino and nezha Will be immortal with wukong defy, every frame are unkillable with saryn molt + augment. Its fun but guess what? Everyone Will use the same frame with the same combination either Mirage eclipse, Rhino Roar, wukong defy, saryn molt. U can get either damage buff or armor buff or unlimited regen. Thats awesome DE everyone Will use the same frame with the same helmint ability just like they use Bramma Nukor Kronen in every single loadout. 

First of all you already named 4 fairly good choices showing that not everyone will run around with the same frame and I bet that while there will be a meta for sure with some combination that are technically the best, many other people will run around with so many other combinations just bc they rather want to have fun then anything else. I for one will not run any of these combinations, except maybe an eclipse build on my nezha, but only bc I really like the affect the ability has on your frame. 

hace 3 minutos, Kefirno dijo:

Classic DE mix of utterly broken and utterly useless.

THIS

I find it kinda mind-boggling how they even went ahead and clarify:
- "We have 2 buffing abilities here, we will do some """tEsTiNg""" before release"

When there are like 5 or 6 other buffing abilities, even some not requiring an Augment (Shooting Gallery is a 25% base
dmg buff to ALL WEAPONS and it SCALES WITH POWER STRENGTH)

Then they get sad when the community says they don't play their game 😥

You dont. Stop acting like you do, stop talking like you do. YOU DO NOT play the meta of Warframe guys. 

Digital Extremes employees play Warframe more casually than a MR10 player. And this creates chaos and anger when they
introduce utterly broken mechanics and then have no option to revert stuff, or nerf stuff into the ground. 

DE, PLAY-YOUR-GAME
Thanks

There's so much potential for this to outright break the game it's not even funny, and I love it. But, question, how will augment buffs stack? Ie, Volt's Shock Trooper with Ember's Fireball Frenzy? Is that subject to the double damage buff rule? Or can I have 600% rad damage and bring her to eidolons with some meme weapon like a mk1 braton?

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

What if that is exactly what DE wants though. 

And to clarify, I mean. Imagine how when someone wants certain weapon damage frames/buffers, you always hear the same 2-3 frames come up.

Now people can bring their favorites and still fill those roles.You don't need that extra power strength in all situations, that's why you have different configs. 

The goal of this seems to be not necessarily build diversity, as meta's will still be created, but more frame diversity. You will no longer HAVE to bring Rhino/Volt if you want certain buffs, etc. 

In the end though it will just create a new best frame for the job though. The frames who were picked because of a very specific ability will end up becoming useless and rarely played -- why would you pick that frame when you can just have the ability they're known most for on a frame with a better kit?

It will absolutely kill the less meta frames IMO.

This is absolutely the worst update to any game I have ever heard of. You literally have decided that any warframe is allowed to pick up Rhino's Piercing Roar ability. Are you insane? Every other ability on the list isn't even close in terms of power. Not only that, but if you can just plug Piercing Roar on literally any warframe of your choosing, what reason does anyone have to play Rhino anymore? Rhino Stomp? Sure he's a tanky frame, but so is Inaros. And now Inaros can have Piercing Roar too? Please admit that this system is a poor idea and figure out a way to rework it. If you actually read the comments and want an opinion on how to implement this system properly, then remove the whole idea of sacrificing warframes for their abilities. The default abilities are a good start. If you were to add another ability to each warframe (or use your overwrite system if you must) and have a pool of new abilities to draw from, I believe it would have your intended effect of adding diversity to the game. If this update goes through as is, I'm fairly confident I won't be the only one quitting the game. Please don't ruin my favorite game. Thanks.

Yesss, let's put roar on nuke frames so that they can be meta even futher, or why not on inaros, or kohra etc... and render rhino completely useless.

Making damage-buffing abilities mutually exclusives on 2 ouot of 30+ frames is not enough.

This system sounds interesting though, overall. But i insist that damage buffing abilities (directly or with augment) and armor stripping ones for example should, in my opinion, be reconsidered/tuned down/capped. Why give us steel path, and then give us more ways to trivialize it?

4 minutes ago, Cauldrath said:

How will Gauss' Thermal Sunder work on frames with no battery?

At a guess, just like it does for Gauss with zero stored charge.  Hot and cold AoE, tap for one and hold for the other.  It seems likely it would lose any benefit of the full battery charge, and of course the synergy buffs with Overdrive (or whatever his fourth is called) would be impossible.  Unless they add some other mechanic to it, for any other frame it seems like a "just okay" AoE damage ability.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)GyroDriveSmasher said:

Shooting Gallery is a damage boost ability, so is Eclipse. You can't have two damage abilities so you'd have to give up her 2. 

I can use null star then. Point still stands. 

DE why is it Mastery Rank 15? I get that the highest mastery rank in the game is 30 but considering that by mastery rank 8 you can have all the the warframes in the game in your inventory (prime warframes included) surely you would make the next customisable (the helminth system) prerequisite mastery rank 10 because thats a third of the way through and you could add to the helminth prerequisite that you have to have completed The Sacrifice or The War Within because then that lowers the mastery rank bar and makes sure that the player is experienced enough through the game to understand what they would be dealing with. because according to the prerequisite you could be mastery rank 15, have got the helminth segment and installed it into your orbiter, but not have even got as far as the Natah quest. it just doesnt make logical sense and makes it slightly easier for people who don’t rush through mastery ranks to unlock. plus it might make it more enjoyable to get to the end of the long mastery rank road with custom warframe abilities a third of the way through not just half because to someone like me when i see a mastery rank prerequisite all i see is grinding on weapons/warframes i won’t use and wont rush crafting time on. 

sorry for the rant, its just i know a lot of people who have been looking forward to this and will probably just be put off the by this

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Warframes that are Subsumed join the Helminth in an eternal bond. They will live on in a Lotus flower that matches the colours of the Subsumed Warframe, as a permanent honor.

Does this mean it copies base colors or your current, possibly modified colors?

1 minute ago, JPFlareon said:

In the end though it will just create a new best frame for the job though. The frames who were picked because of a very specific ability will end up becoming useless and rarely played -- why would you pick that frame when you can just have the ability they're known most for on a frame with a better kit?

It will absolutely kill the less meta frames IMO.

chose you personal favorite frame, add abilities to counter its cons and voila.. your own favorite frame got stronger

hace 1 hora, --Q--FSK41 dijo:

This System is broken and will break the game completely,it shouldn't come into the game so many broken  combinations,for example mesa and eclipse/roar = who the hell thought of this. its completely unbalanced PLEASE DE do NOT put this into the game,since you made enemies paper the game is already quite easy but with this its literally broken

Uninstall the game if u don't like it then

5 minutes ago, BalaDeSilver said:

I swear by the life of me, I just want to slap this thing on Limbo... Please let me have the modified version on Limbo himself... Please... Make our suffering as Limbo mains end... 

It says base ability change. So I think it means ...base ability change schitts creek comedy GIF by CBC

vor 2 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Targaryen_prince:

How does Wukong’s ability Defy make sense for any other frame when the Iron Staff is his Exalted weapon?

Probably gonna give it a slightly different look/animation, or they are "lazy" and just give it the same animation but without the staff or maybe with an eatheral/exalted Bo staff

Archived