Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

1 minute ago, RyanCooper101 said:

That's a player choice, if you only ever use 3 warframes.. that's not the game's fault xD. You are supposed to experiment, build more tools, many warframes do better in scenarios where other warframes struggle. Same for your friend, if you don't build new items, you won't go up.

There's plenty of good gear to get, if you just build the good stuff skipping "bad items", you'll still be around MR 19-21
(sentinels, pets, warframes, kdrives, amps, arch gun, arch melee, primaries, secondaries, melee, sentinel weapons)

I know I know. Just a bad habit I have with the game. Happened originally with excal and then with Titania. Only ever change the frame if I'm doing some framing in which case I'll take nekros. Doesn't help that most of my frames are primes and I don't want to sell them to open up some slots. At least I get some MR from intrinsics.

Okay

When everyone hated lich sistem, i was silent.

When everyone was disapointed in Empyrean, i was silent.

When Scarlet spear was so buggy and grindy even i (6+ year player) sead "hell no"
I still left these opinyon to my self.

But today i wake up see the changes and know these time, i wont be silent event if it changes nothing.

When i see MR 15 in recquerment my thots was "Why so low?" 
I let it pass becose now i know stasisticly most of players dont hit this rang.
And now your "exeperienced players sistem" allow to MR 8.
You do realaise that MR 8 dont know anything about the game or ability? Experinced players huh? It was just another lie for camera just like PoE was, just like Empyrean launching.

And now nerf that aplay to subsumed but not to original ability, that just priceless.

If don't ready for this you need to choose another one. Chrysalis system need to bee stable. Atohreswise how i can create bild relying on in? Espesialy now whent many of warframe requier a umbra forma for true min\max and we still dont haw a option to obtainet besides nigth wawe. How coud i create a build if i know that tomorrow he may be nerfed? Because this what you did you deside act like bold one and give us cople ability that wont be useless and when you realise you cant handl it in. You as usual nerf what was good. That only means one thing, when players find a good senergy, you nerfed and it means that Chrysalis sistem exist only for jokes built.

Just like every anonsment is big joke on us, community

à l’instant, (PS4)Spider_Enigma a dit :

i tend to not use augments... so basically iron shrapnel?

Yeah. It's not as good as Nova's 4th ability augment but it's still pretty decent.

I'd say it's a better ability on frame with very low ability range and high duration so you don't need to recast it every three seconds, but if you just use it every time your particles number is lower than 9, you can constantly get between 45% and 90% damage reduction.

1 minute ago, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

Yeah. It's not as good as Nova's 4th ability augment but it's still pretty decent.

I'd say it's a better ability on frame with very low ability range and high duration so you don't need to recast it every three seconds, but if you just use it every time your particles number is lower than 9, you can constantly get between 45% and 90% damage reduction.

seeing as u wont have the ult, i guess its fine but i find iron skin and nullstars should be recastable without an augment but, then again look at hydroid lmao

Half of those abilities shouldn't even be available to all warframes. Roar > Charge and Eclipse > Sleight of Hand is a no-brainer...

Lowering effectiveness of the other skills is a ok~ish solution but something had to be done regardless.

Powercreep to that degree is completely unnecessary. Warframe Revised made the game even easier than it already was for absolutely no reason, and no amount of Steel Path will ever be able to fix it...

>It was apparent in player feedback and play testing that these Infused Warframe Abilities had the potential to be the overwhelming choice.

"Thanks"

Leaving MR requirement would solve the "overwhelming choice" problem by making this system accessible to experienced players, but no, it's too good, we want to deny any amount of fun players might have. Tennocon 2020 left people disappointed anyway, and now you made them angry. Good job!

26 minutes ago, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

lmao.

This thread is such a dumpster fire.

What does it changes for YOU Veteran player that MR8 is the new requirement ? What does it takes away ? Why would you suddenly NOT enjoy the update because of it ? Because a somewhat beginner who's just fresh on unlocking the star chart can get access to it ? Most of these players wouldn't even have access to spare frame anyway. 

You want to feel special ?

You know how you could "feel special" actually ? By not being boring and putting a generic damage buff on your warframe.

You could use Null Star w/ augment on Banshee (or any squishy frame really) so she can have a bit of survivability besides Silence. Or Garuda's Blood Altar. Or Defy, even if capped, if Defy gives just 500 armor instead of 1500, it's still very good for frames like Hydroid who lacks tankiness.

You could use Empowered Quiver on Mesa and spam 4 on top of it. Since Ivara's zipline allows you to use your ability when you're on them, and Empowered Quiver boost your critical damage. It not only allows your Mesa to get THE perfect positioning in your defense mission but it would also gives you way better DPS overall.

You can use Pillage on Harrow so you always stays at max shields and can buff your team extremely easily. While I'm at it, Pillage is also extremely good for squishy frames too, and gives a percentage of the enemy shield/armor which of course scales with enemy level.

Talking about Harrow, Condemn is quite a decent ability. It gives very easy headshots, CC, and shields while being easily spammable. Pretty good.

Ash's seeking shuriken is also extremely strong. Heck, Banshee herself can give Silence which is an extremely good CC ability with gigantic range and decent duration.

There's a LOT of possibilities honestly. I really wants to experiment on my frames and I can't wait for the update. Heck even if all the abilities had half their original strenght they would still be good depending on the combination you choose.

in case you dont uynderstand, MR 15 is not hard to get... but it does take time, its not a long time, but its at least enough to let players get used to it. mr8 is too low. this is not about "feeling special", its about the new player experience, on a game that is already bashed to oblivion for being too complex to new players.

you cant have it both ways, and MR8 is just too early, even if, the diference doesnt look that big. there are weapons that require more mr than 15. this system will force players into an even bigger grind earlier on than needed.

this low MR will hurt new players, not help them. we know this because this isnt the first time DE did this.

Not to keep replying to this thread but I am utterly dumbfounded. Where are all of the undesirable abilities getting buffed? The update is 5 days out, can't you wait literally 2 weeks so that the community has time to actually get their hands on this system and mess with it? These changes are literally so poorly thought out that players who never post on the forums came out in droves to tell you you're all idiots! 

Aren't you embarrassed that you can offend your entire playerbase with a single forum post edit? Can you feel how much hatred is being directed towards you for these changes? How dare you lead us on only to pull the rug out from under us less than a week before heart of deimos hits. If you gutted roar down to a maximum of 10% more damage, people would still choose it over #*!%ing switch teleport. All you did is remove desirability from the system, these changes mean absolutely nothing for the worse abilities, and are absolutely debilitating for those being hit with the nerf hammer. 

13 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

EDIT: We have also changed the Mastery Rank Prerequisite of the Helminth Segment to 8 (was 15).

Why tho? Can we get an explanation on this? Given that this is meant for 'experienced' players, it seems wired to reduces it to 8, given that its the Stealth test, and if you can't get past that, you can't call ur self experienced. Like, its not that hard a test. You only need to do them in the right order and your good.

Edit: Also, why is this all the way on page 50+, and not in the main post? Same goes for the other updates. They really should be edits at the top of the post or a new post all togeath

23 minutes ago, (PS4)corpusbonds said:

I don’t actually care about what mastery you need to be and all to use good ol Helmy, but I’m worried actual newer players (not talking about tenno who are deep into the game and don’t care about mastery) won’t actually understand what’s going on.

Will you guys be making a good warning system about it? Maybe something like “Subsuming the [Warframe] selected will destroy it COMPLETELY and you will NOT be able to use this warframe again. It will disappear from your arsenal completely along with any Formas and reactor put into it. Are you sure you wish to proceed?” Then have them type out SUBSUME or something for a failsafe.

I know some people don’t read, but if anyone complains at least you can say you had a good warning set up.

To add to this- maybe warn the player the warframe they’re about to subsume has a forma/reactor?

”The warframe you are about to subsume has a reactor installed and x forma(s). Do you wish to proceed?”

Literally all the failsafes so people can’t complain. (They will but you know what I mean).

il y a 16 minutes, S0b3rt00th a dit :

Half of those abilities shouldn't even be available to all warframes. Roar > Charge and Eclipse > Sleight of Hand is a no-brainer...

Lowering effectiveness of the other skills is a ok~ish solution but something had to be done regardless.

Powercreep to that degree is completely unnecessary. Warframe Revised made the game even easier than it already was for absolutely no reason, and no amount of Steel Path will ever be able to fix it...

Sleight of Hand is completely busted with high range and the augment lmao. You easily out-DPS even a Saryn since you don't even need LOS to get it to snowball. I tried it more than once in 2h+ Kuva survival and your team is basically not playing while you just spam 2 every 10 seconds or so.

You lied to us DE and you're breaking players heart that actually waited for this system... You said it's for experienced players, and yet you lowered the MR requirement to 8?! Since when is an MR8 player experienced?

You said that abilities are going to get changes for the helminth system so more viable choice will be there. And guess what, you nerfed the powerful ones instead... 

For the first time in Warframe with the Heart of Deimos I thought you are ok the right path... but now I see you are just as blind as you were with railjack... or the other open worlds... 

il y a 7 minutes, Keyhound a dit :

in case you dont uynderstand, MR 15 is not hard to get... but it does take time, its not a long time, but its at least enough to let players get used to it. mr8 is too low. this is not about "feeling special", its about the new player experience, on a game that is already bashed to oblivion for being too complex to new players.

you cant have it both ways, and MR8 is just too early, even if, the diference doesnt look that big. there are weapons that require more mr than 15. this system will force players into an even bigger grind earlier on than needed.

this low MR will hurt new players, not  help them. we know this because this isnt the first time DE did this.

I'm absolutely not convinced by this.

By MR8, unless you get Hydron-carried, you should have unlocked a lot of good weapons and frame and finished unlocking the starchart. You should have a good grasp of the game mechanics too. 

I understand that MR15 would be a good requirement to push players into actually trying to unlock their MR. But people are completely over-reacting. Since when lowering the requirement is negative for veteran players ? Again, WHAT DO THEY LOSE ?

Getting higher MR is still useful anyway. It makes the grind of new weapons and frame less annoying because it gives initial mod space. It also unlock access to Rivens, some liches weapons (and people ACTUALLY COMPLAINED that Liches weapons MR requirement was too high lmao), and daily standing cap.

Why lower the MR requirement? Because of a single forum thread?

Putting this system early on is just asking for a horde of people crying “excessive grind” because the resource requirements, both in terms of frames and actual resources, are aimed at more experienced players as of the original design. It is also another step in making the pursuit of high MR a worthless endeavour, since there are no game systems tied to it. having the helminth at rank 15 was a half decent way to give an aspirational goal and an acceptable time sink to those who reach 15, having basically nothing more to look forward after that.

MR 8 is too low, and im saying this while having an irl friend stuck at the end of mr7... hes got 5 warframes... DE. come on guys. If you player average is MR 8 then give them a reason to increase it. MR 10 Minimum. 12 would be better. Im not even gonna touch the nerfs... this is just... bad.

33 minutes ago, (XB1)MetalxPhoenix said:

No ultimates. I still don't understand why they didn't go with Charge. It fits right in with the system and they wouldn't be beating their heads against the wall trying to find a value/balance on an impossible to balance ability.

Calling stomp an 'ultimate' is rather silly. If anything Roar would fit that bill more for Rhino.

Archived