Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Sjo2705 said:

DE why is it Mastery Rank 15? I get that the highest mastery rank in the game is 30 but considering that by mastery rank 8 you can have all the the warframes in the game in your inventory (prime warframes included) surely you would make the next customisable (the helminth system) prerequisite mastery rank 10 because thats a third of the way through and you could add to the helminth prerequisite that you have to have completed The Sacrifice or The War Within because then that lowers the mastery rank bar and makes sure that the player is experienced enough through the game to understand what they would be dealing with. because according to the prerequisite you could be mastery rank 15, have got the helminth segment and installed it into your orbiter, but not have even got as far as the Natah quest. it just doesnt make logical sense and makes it slightly easier for people who don’t rush through mastery ranks to unlock. plus it might make it more enjoyable to get to the end of the long mastery rank road with custom warframe abilities a third of the way through not just half because to someone like me when i see a mastery rank prerequisite all i see is grinding on weapons/warframes i won’t use and wont rush crafting time on. 

sorry for the rant, its just i know a lot of people who have been looking forward to this and will probably just be put off the by this

I agree with u a 10000000000000000%

2 minutes ago, ManoloTD said:

Uninstall the game if u don't like it then

Yes...he should uninstall a game that he is clearly passionate about because the developers are adding an update that he and many others do not agree with. Excellent logic.

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

WARFRAME

ABILITY

AUGMENT

DEV NOTES

Gauss

Thermal Sunder

n/a

Well, there goes my fantasies of replacing Volt's 1 with Mach Rush. Yeah, it's my fault for getting my hopes up, but let a man dream!

Also, those Helminth abilities look sick. Power Strength bonus on next cast? Insta-shields? Auto-hack that (hopefully) works in Sorties? All pretty good so far. Hopefully we get a we get a few more before launch!

Il y a 1 heure, --Q--Candy a dit :

This is incorrect. You have stuff like Volt - Shock there. With the Augment this is a crazy Ability to increase dmg. Can we get a limitation there too?

Shuriken + Seekign Shuriken = Remove Armor from all enemies... Now even grineer are a joke like all other factions.
Rest & Rage = Now you can bee your own Sleep Equinox to power level / fokus farm.
Nourish = Extremly strong toxin buff. The quote from above applies here.
Smite + Smite Infusion = Same thing as the Quote applies here and it even has scaling dmg...
Dispensary = Endless Energy for all Warframes.... This doesnt seem broken at all...

This system needs Heavy Nerfs and active maintenance.This has the potential to kill the balance in this game forever. If it will be relased like this and wont get balanced very often you can say goodbye to all sorts of Balance in this game.
I hope that you will do something about this, else we can say goodbye to ever have any challenge in this game.

(Shutout to the comment from --Q--FSK41 a few posts down. This System will kill everything)

I don't understand where's the problem ? It's just like before you need someone using those ability while now you can do it yourself. Not agree ? Uninstall or play solo.
Why always thinking balancing as if this game was a PvP game when it's not.

I agree with active maintenance but don't kill the incredible potential of this new content....

While before any frame can do those things, why putting it in any frame is a problem ? I really don't understand why you are crying about. You're not the only two "veterans" here so let us play.

1 minute ago, (NSW)TheP0w3r10154 said:

Well, there goes my fantasies of replacing Volt's 1 with Mach Rush. Yeah, it's my fault for getting my hopes up, but let a man dream!

Also, those Helminth abilities look 

Also, those Helminth abilities look sick. Power Strength bonus on next cast? Insta-shields? Auto-hack that (hopefully) works in Sorties? All pretty good so far. Hopefully we get a we get a few more before launch!

This is just an example 50% chance it will change a bit

"No signature abilities" unless its damage or stealth finisher frames. Which is alright. Because Banshee has her passive going for her and Equinox is only used for cheese.

Overall it feels like some frames have more than one "signature ability" (damage reduction and most mobility), while others, like Nyx and finisher things above, have something cool about them given away.

10 minutes ago, JPFlareon said:

In the end though it will just create a new best frame for the job though. The frames who were picked because of a very specific ability will end up becoming useless and rarely played -- why would you pick that frame when you can just have the ability they're known most for on a frame with a better kit?

It will absolutely kill the less meta frames IMO.

Sure there will always be people who always have to have the most perfect optimal whatever, but nothing DE does will ever change that. Certainly some damage augments + certain frames will become meta, but the point is if just a specific role needs to be filled, it no longer has to be that same frame every time. 

If a frame gets there usage killed, they were probably already pretty meta if their ability being used by others killed them that badly. Maybe it would force DE to rework them and make them better and less reliant on one ability to be seen as useful by the community. But more likely imo, those frames will also be able to use new abilities and fill new roles,and unless someone wants the perfect frame + new ability combo, and just wants the role filled, the idea is players now have way more choices. 

Many groups aren't as organized and with 42 frames just want a particular role filled, and for those who must have the most perfect meta, they will always find a way anyway, like water. 

Woah some real shocks there! 😮

Mind Control from Nyx?? Wow, ok "change of plans". xD

There I was thinking to put Celestial Twin on Nyx, but now that Wukong is only giving Defy I might take Mind Control from Nyx and put it on something else - maybe swap Revenant's 4 for Mind Control which would be a lot of fun!

Can't believe Quiver from Ivara with Cloak arrow.

Let the brainstorming begin! 😄

4 minutes ago, JPFlareon said:

In the end though it will just create a new best frame for the job though. The frames who were picked because of a very specific ability will end up becoming useless and rarely played -- why would you pick that frame when you can just have the ability they're known most for on a frame with a better kit?

It will absolutely kill the less meta frames IMO.

And this changes... What, exactly? You can do the entire star chart including Steel Path with any frame. You can do 8 wave ESO with any frame. You can do tridolons with any frame. While yes, the meta squad is more efficient at it and that matters for tridolons especially, what this will do is push more frames past the threshold they need to be to perform well in certain roles. This game isn't hard. Everything is made of paper if you build right. A one-shot is a one-shot is a one-shot. Just because the meta is one-shotting harder doesn't change that you're still one-shotting. If anything, I see this opening up the 5x3 meta more, at the very least, and push the maximum tridolons even further.

1 hour ago, --Q--Candy said:

This is incorrect. You have stuff like Volt - Shock there. With the Augment this is a crazy Ability to increase dmg. Can we get a limitation there too?

Shuriken + Seekign Shuriken = Remove Armor from all enemies... Now even grineer are a joke like all other factions.
Rest & Rage = Now you can bee your own Sleep Equinox to power level / fokus farm.
Nourish = Extremly strong toxin buff. The quote from above applies here.
Smite + Smite Infusion = Same thing as the Quote applies here and it even has scaling dmg...
Dispensary = Endless Energy for all Warframes.... This doesnt seem broken at all...

This system needs Heavy Nerfs and active maintenance.This has the potential to kill the balance in this game forever. If it will be relased like this and wont get balanced very often you can say goodbye to all sorts of Balance in this game.
I hope that you will do something about this, else we can say goodbye to ever have any challenge in this game.

(Shutout to the comment from --Q--FSK41 a few posts down. This System will kill everything)

Bold of you to assume that this game was balanced stop trying to ruin this for people. This is finally some good additions to make the game interesting we dont it getting mucked up for silly reasons like balance in a pve game

2 minutes ago, (PS4)cradle001 said:

I think that only players of mastery rank 15 and higher will be the only ones able to access this is a little unfair to all the other warframers. There was all this hype about this and now we come to find out that not all of us are going to be able to access it. 

The reason some player dont go beyond the low mr is that theres no benefit to. This system will encourage some of those to progress to mid mr.

The game rewards those who put effort in the progresson system. Its a choice of effort and reward.

Hey DE nice update

Would it be possible with a future installment for The Helminith that could boost Warframe general stats. For example boosting a warframe +220% shields, health or 25-30% energy efficiency etc..

By leveling your Helminith a certain rank and Subsuming a certain amount of warframes you could upgrade the default stats of warframes/primes.

My reasoning because a warframes like Harrow won't really benefit from switching any of his with another warframe. Also at least would incentivize to keep farming and grinding for the Helminith for all and future warframes

25 minutes ago, (XB1)MetalxPhoenix said:

Mirage Eclipse and Rhino Roar. Please get rid of those. Having that "Only 1 dmg buff" ability at a time is not going to do anything.

Hey! I want Eclipse for my Umbra. Idc if they ban other frames from using that ability.

Archived