Jump to content

The Helminth: Dev Workshop


Recommended Posts

Just now, ---UMBRA--- said:

I agree with nerfs. BUT. I completely disagreee with reducing to MR8. It is end game content as DE said that this system is not for new players.  #REVERTTOMR15

I like the idea of MR8, just limit the types of rewards and functions with MR in the future, i honestly just got here, its new content, the game will be boring without it so, dont get mad at me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ---UMBRA--- said:

I agree with nerfs. BUT. I completely disagreee with reducing to MR8. It is end game content as DE said that this system is not for new players.  #REVERTTOMR15

a new player could just buy weapons and warframes to level up to get to mr15 and still be new to the game, just rich

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2020-08-12 at 6:27 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Who is this for?
We consider this a customization system for very experienced Warframe players (Mastery Rank 15 8 Prerequisite). We do not intend to let newer players unlock this system. We intentionally placed the Segment deep into progression to ensure only experienced players could access the Segment and begin their journey with Helminth.

Is this an outta season April fools joke? seriously why hype the system about being for experienced players only to go back on that and reduce the MR requirement?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, FluterTree said:

a new player could just buy weapons and warframes to level up to get to mr15 and still be new to the game, just rich

like i already told you, that would still require them to play with those frames, even if they dont use all of them, they are still using some. however, those are far lower in number, and would still happen no matter if mr 8 or 15.

15 just means more frames and weapons need to be leveled. and yes, this is also why people said mr15 is too low as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

We consider this a customization system for very experienced Warframe players (Mastery Rank 15 8 Prerequisite). We do not intend to let newer players unlock this system. We intentionally placed the Segment deep into progression to ensure only experienced players could

This is so unecessary this will cause enough changes as is and most rank 8 people will be overwhelmed on what to do. There is so much other content they can participate in and should and this is not just a cherry on top its another whole sundae when they already had 3.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pets and robotics will need something, the orbiter is boring place currently the bazaars in space are about tenno tradding and opening relics, so it aint much to ask for a few more animals and beastmen NPC to come up serving wangfu and chowmein excitement, along with other useless nodes and repurposed items, docks, and railjacks i like the idea of more robotic NPC and monster allies who can use the intercom, this way it gives room for ordis and cy to stepup to ground combat instead of instructions, the steelpath rewards can offer some spectre and blueprint few rivens and sidearms i can think of ....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, ---UMBRA--- said:

I agree with nerfs. BUT. I completely disagreee with reducing to MR8. It is end game content as DE said that this system is not for new players.  #REVERTTOMR15

Don't agree with nerfs. We don't need them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2020-08-12 at 7:27 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

AUGUST 19TH UPDATE:

Greetings, Tenno!

The launch of Heart of Deimos grows near, and we have some Helminth updates since we last posted! Below are 2 parts of updated/clarifying information that touches both Infused Warframe Abilities and the Helminth Segment acquisition.  

PART 1 - Changes to select Infused Warframe Abilities

Please keep in mind we’re still testing/playing around with the values for each, hence why the values are not present below:

The following only apply to Infused Warframe Abilities:

Rhino - Roar
Diminished Damage increase

Mirage - Eclipse
Diminished Damage increase and cap Damage Reduction 

Valkyr - Warcry
Attack speed increase reduced

Protea - Dispenser
Duration reduced

Nidus - Larva
Radius reduced

Wukong - Defy
Armor capped


Why do these Infused Warframe Abilities have these rules?
It was apparent in player feedback and play testing that these Infused Warframe Abilities had the potential to be the overwhelming choice; which is not ideal. Instead of changing the Ability outright due to those concerns, we decided to give them slight rules when Infused.


PART 2 - Helminth Segment Acquisition

As already indicated in this Dev Workshops original post, the Helminth Segment is acquired in the Heart of Deimos in the Entrati Syndicate. To expand on that, this means you’ll need to progress within the Entrati Syndicate located within the Necralisk to obtain the Helminth Segment before you can start experimenting with everything Helminth. 

Without spoiling too much, the Helminth Segment is currently obtained in Rank 3 of the Entrati Syndicate. This reminder is simply to set expectations on what you’ll have access to upon logging into the Heart of Deimos. 

EDIT: We have also changed the Mastery Rank Prerequisite of the Helminth Segment to 8 (was 15).

That’s all for now!

Edited 15 hours ago by [DE]Megan
EDIT: We have also changed the Mastery Rank Prerequisite of the Helminth Segment to 8 (was 15).



During the week I felt like I should continue my Horizon download even if it's PC port is bad.
Now I know, what should I play during my 5 days long weekend.
Not Warframe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Keyhound said:

like i already told you, that would still require them to play with those frames, even if they dont use all of them, they are still using some. however, those are far lower in number, and would still happen no matter if mr 8 or 15.

15 just means more frames and weapons need to be leveled. and yes, this is also why people said mr15 is too low as well.

MR6 is fine

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

AUGUST 19TH UPDATE:

Greetings, Tenno!

The launch of Heart of Deimos grows near, and we have some Helminth updates since we last posted! Below are 2 parts of updated/clarifying information that touches both Infused Warframe Abilities and the Helminth Segment acquisition.  

PART 1 - Changes to select Infused Warframe Abilities

Please keep in mind we’re still testing/playing around with the values for each, hence why the values are not present below:

The following only apply to Infused Warframe Abilities:

Rhino - Roar
Diminished Damage increase

Mirage - Eclipse
Diminished Damage increase and cap Damage Reduction 

Valkyr - Warcry
Attack speed increase reduced

Protea - Dispenser
Duration reduced

Nidus - Larva
Radius reduced

Wukong - Defy
Armor capped


Why do these Infused Warframe Abilities have these rules?
It was apparent in player feedback and play testing that these Infused Warframe Abilities had the potential to be the overwhelming choice; which is not ideal. Instead of changing the Ability outright due to those concerns, we decided to give them slight rules when Infused.


PART 2 - Helminth Segment Acquisition

As already indicated in this Dev Workshops original post, the Helminth Segment is acquired in the Heart of Deimos in the Entrati Syndicate. To expand on that, this means you’ll need to progress within the Entrati Syndicate located within the Necralisk to obtain the Helminth Segment before you can start experimenting with everything Helminth. 

Without spoiling too much, the Helminth Segment is currently obtained in Rank 3 of the Entrati Syndicate. This reminder is simply to set expectations on what you’ll have access to upon logging into the Heart of Deimos. 

That’s all for now!

Revert all of these changes and increase the MR requirement back up to MR 15. You told us this was supposed to be LATE GAME and not accessible to new players. You haven't even RELEASED it and you're already nerfing it and make it new player accessible. The system before these tweaks was FINE. Some of these changes exist only to HURT potential synergies! This was supposed to be late game and a powerful incentive for players to reach higher levels, and I was super excited about this, but now I'm just bummed out about it. Please just revert these changes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Keyhound said:

like i already told you, that would still require them to play with those frames, even if they dont use all of them, they are still using some. however, those are far lower in number, and would still happen no matter if mr 8 or 15.

15 just means more frames and weapons need to be leveled. and yes, this is also why people said mr15 is too low as well.

didnt you say about players bussing lower players? i could drag someone to sedna to level up S#&$ without them even having to use any abilties what so ever so they still dont know what the warframe is about. hell make it so you can only consume rank 30 warframes then its required for them to play the warframe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

hace 1 minuto, ---UMBRA--- dijo:

I think roar will be dominate at all that is why variety will be detroyed. This fact forced DE to nerf imbalanced abilities in pool

 

Then you simply don't add imbalanced abilities to the pool.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't gut the Helminth System before it even launches! Don't nerf the abilities people actually want to use! Don't add caveats to some infused abilities! Some abilities will be better than others, don't normalize it so everything is meh! I've been thinking about new builds since Tennocon, don't take the shine off it!

New players don't need more activities, they have two open worlds, a star chart, all the quests, the relic system, the weapons from Invasion missions, dojos to build, Nightmare mods, Corrupted mods, Riven mods, Syndicate rewards, Endo farming for mods, acquiring MR, Archwing, and Railjack. All of these things to farm for! Months and months of content. I'm not saying we should gatekeep new players, but the amount of stuff is already overwhelming! Maybe lowering the MR and the nerfs to infused abilities are unrelated, but please don't balance the Helminth System to new players.

Customising Warframe abilities should intrinsically be a high mastery system, because you need to know how everything works to understand what you want to change. Low level content doesn't need custom spec Warframes. I never played Ash right, but he's really good at killing tough single targets. You don't need this for the star chart, because you can point an Atomos (etc.) at it, or just cleave through hordes with a half decent melee weapon. Steel Path has given me a reason to consider Ash. I didn't need more tools and customisation to clear the star chart, I needed Endo and Credits. I need more tools to clear the challenges of Steel Path, tools like the Helminth System!

TL;DR: Buff Ice Wave instead of nerfing Roar!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

The following only apply to Infused Warframe Abilities:

Rhino - Roar
Diminished Damage increase

Mirage - Eclipse
Diminished Damage increase and cap Damage Reduction 

Valkyr - Warcry
Attack speed increase reduced

Protea - Dispenser
Duration reduced

Nidus - Larva
Radius reduced

Wukong - Defy
Armor capped

I have a suggestion that I think many other players have thought of and suggested already, instead of nerfing the actually good abilities, either change or buff the less appealing ones, such as pull, with the augment greedy pull, no one is going to use that along with a few other abilities. People were really excited for this update and breath of fresh air for warframe but now the hype is going down rapidly because we can see now all you will do is continue to nerf the good ones until they barely do anything. Warframe isn't balanced at all, so if you really wanted balance you would have changed rivens ages ago. Let us have some fun, or actually focus on balancing the game. Because nerfing these isn't a solution, don't limit or cap them and give us better or buffed alternate abilities. I also believe this would be a good time to change and buff augments as many of them are useless, or simply not good enough to replace a key slot in our Warframe builds - mabye we could get an augment slot so that some of the abilities become more viable?. In short, I think it would be more beneficial to revert these changes, and give us more viable and fun options for subsumed abilities. You want diversity in gameplay and builds so give us something worth investing in, you can do that by buffing the worse stuff, abilities and weapons. It is unfortunate that you restrict us so much and say that you want diversity and balance but don't change any of the major issues, just kill the fun stuff. Many players agree and would like you to reconsider these choices, and change your approach to other issues as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SnakeBadger said:

na, just want everyone to have fun with the new content

belive it or not, me saying it should be at mr15 at the very least is as well. mr15 isnt hard to get, but it takes longer than mr 8 for obvious reasons, even if people speed it by buying frames. being a free to play game, im sure this is far from being the majority, however, i see new players getting too overwhelmed with "new content". and one of the biggest problem the game has is people leaving because they dont "get it".

warframe should have a dedicated new player update. but at the same time, it also should have a dedicated late game update that isnt just "same maps, but higher level". trying to make stuff for "veterans", that also work for begginers is a mistake DE keep repeating and failing at.

this is aimed at veterans, or at the very least, at people with a solid understanding of the abilities. locking at mr15 was no garantee, but lowering it to mr8 wont solve it, but it will lead to begginers, who rushed to get the "new bling", stuck with something that is way over their head.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Pulsar_Prime said:

I have a suggestion that I think many other players have thought of and suggested already, instead of nerfing the actually good abilities, either change or buff the less appealing ones, such as pull, with the augment greedy pull, no one is going to use that along with a few other abilities. People were really excited for this update and breath of fresh air for warframe but now the hype is going down rapidly because we can see now all you will do is continue to nerf the good ones until they barely do anything. Warframe isn't balanced at all, so if you really wanted balance you would have changed rivens ages ago. Let us have some fun, or actually focus on balancing the game. Because nerfing these isn't a solution, don't limit or cap them and give us better or buffed alternate abilities. I also believe this would be a good time to change and buff augments as many of them are useless, or simply not good enough to replace a key slot in our Warframe builds. In short, I think it would be more beneficial to revert these changes, and give us more viable and fun options for subsumed abilities. You want diversity in gameplay and builds so give us something worth investing in, you can do that by buffing the worse stuff, abilities and weapons. It is unfortunate that you restrict us so much and say that you want diversity and balance but don't change any of the major issues, just kill the fun stuff. Many players agree and would like you to reconsider these choices, and change your approach to other issues as well.

Exactly. Revert these changes, increase the MR requirement to AT LEAST 15 and start buffing the abilities you think wouldn't get as much use. Nerfing abilities is lazy and just restricts us and kills our fun. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...