2 minutes ago, Pzykdruhgs said:

From an experienced player:

This is barely going to change endgame if it were implemented in it's original proposal. If the players want to, they can do broken stuff with or without this new system. All nerfing them does is give us slightly less dps... which is futile at this point. 👍

Will the Broken staff ever get a upgrade or repair? I am thinking the "broken war" and those story items should have "kuva" versions and upgrade specific mods, branching as well as well into something that the kit-gun/Zaw players can turn into unique rewards, infested versions too could have a clean skin unlocked passive or feature additional attacks or stances with growth in the ranks and system if the helminth allows for weapons to also gain upgrades, added capabilities and upgrade cores should be found in cities, and planets 

On 2020-08-12 at 7:27 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

EDIT: We have also changed the Mastery Rank Prerequisite of the Helminth Segment to 8 (was 15).

I very highly believe, this should be higher than MR8.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Croeseus said:

nerf

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

A new feature was made more accessible. That's all that happened (unless I missed something). No nerf in sight.

3 minutes ago, Croeseus said:

So many people in my clan have gone from Excitement to "Meh" not largely because of the nerf, but moreso the reduced Mr 15 change to Mr 8, that Exclusivity for playing the game more

Ah, elitism. Now I get it.

4 minutes ago, Croeseus said:

Now you nerf something that isn't even out yet?

Trying to balance something / make it work better before releasing it, that's now also a bad thing?

ok

15 minutes ago, Sahansral said:

Well, not easy to rework 35 abilitites to make them competitive with the best 6 with the deadline coming nearer and nearer and having all available ressources bount to new content...

You're so dishonest dude, holy cow. LMAO

• Like 1
vor 2 Minuten schrieb DeusTurbo:

What do you think hotfixes are for? Release the system as is, study the numbers on which abilities get used most, and then buff the abilities that get used the least so that there is more competition and choice for players. Don't just nerf stuff before it is even released. 

Yeah, tell me how you want to bring abilitites like ripline or decoy on par with the top choices.
DE kind of proved that they have a hard time making these abilitites worthwhile (else some of  those wouldn't be in the current miserable state for so long).
So given that, it really makes more sense to tone down the the top six abilitites to have at least 20+ viable choices at the introduction of the system.

Btw, you act like the effect of these 6 abilitites can't be foreseen. You can calculate/simulate with the known numbers.
Pablo explained pretty recently why sometimes it's better to nerf something than to try to buff everything else.

1) Some things just can't be buffed to a competitive state.

2) The sheer amount of work to buff all (including enemies) would bind resources and developement of new things would come to a stop.  

Just now, SpentCasings said:

since when did ice wave do that?

This is a suggestion on how to make the wave a topical choice against roar. Even if it only lowers the resistance against ice damage, it will have its fans.

2 minutes ago, selig_fay said:

reduces enemy resistance by 150%. You know how resist works. negative resistance is a damage bonus.

they could also make it so enemies hit get stuck in the ice(they can still attack, but no longer move).

vor 2 Minuten schrieb selig_fay:

Nobody asks to make weak abilities strong now. The developers will have an infinite amount of time after the helminth is implemented.

Well, everyone who expects the system to offer real choice, instead only 6 out of 45?

11 minutes ago, -Edrick- said:

Mastery Rank Prerequisite of the Helminth Segment

I just want to say, maybe the player's MR can affect the types of rewards and abilities that players can use on weapons and pets too

1 minute ago, Sahansral said:

Yeah, tell me how you want to bring abilitites like ripline or decoy on par with the top choices.
DE kind of proved that they have a hard time making these abilitites worthwhile (else some of  those wouldn't be in the current miserable state for so long).
So given that, it really makes more sense to tone down the the top six abilitites to have at least 20+ viable choices at the introduction of the system.

Btw, you act like the effect of these 6 abilitites can't be foreseen. You can calculate/simulate with the known numbers.
Pablo explained pretty recently why sometimes it's better to nerf something than to try to buff everything else.

1) Some things just can't be buffed to a competitive state.

2) The sheer amount of work to buff all (including enemies) would bind resources and developement of new things would come to a stop.  

Oh wow, it's almost like ripline isn't even in the ability pool... Decoy however, could be improved. And I act like the effect can't be forseen because IT CAN'T. Like I already said before, I would choose Frost's Ice Wave over all the other choices for some warframes. I would also choose stuff like Chroma's Elemental Ward over all the other options for some warframes. This system was supposed to be powerful and for the upper echalons of players. Every ability in the pool can be buffed to be a competetive option. To act like this isn't true demonstrates laziness and a lack of imagination. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

It's always been just one ability since it was announced.

Oh my Gosh yes I know that. However they never said we could ONLY replace ONE ability either. They just talked about loadout B or C. 

4 minutes ago, --Aegis--Cody said:

I'm sorry... but you had the perfect opportunity to get more playtime out of your player base and not only did you bury the disgrace of what it means to be a high MR deeper than what it is, you also called MR 8 "Very Experienced". Are You scared to lock anything higher than MR 16? (current cap for rivens there's still no reason to go above mr 16. completely missed opportunity.
 😞

I agree 👍🏼 this and every update has always been a market for new players so they want to guarantee a new player a week of play and game will grant you what you want. However it should be the story and dedicatiom which keeps player in. 

1 minute ago, Sahansral said:

Well, everyone who expects the system to offer real choice, instead only 6 out of 45?

They say this because there is no confirmation that this will change in the future. We may all be worried about this, but nerfing actual abilities may provide no choice. 

2 minutes ago, DeusTurbo said:

Oh wow, it's almost like ripline isn't even in the ability pool... Decoy however, could be improved. And I act like the effect can't be forseen because IT CAN'T. Like I already said before, I would choose Frost's Ice Wave over all the other choices for some warframes. I would also choose stuff like Chroma's Elemental Ward over all the other options for some warframes. This system was supposed to be powerful and for the upper echalons of players. Every ability in the pool can be buffed to be a competetive option. To act like this isn't true demonstrates laziness and a lack of imagination. 

I was actually gonna chuck his elemental ward on valkyr in place of her 3. since one of her issues is the lack of RAW hp vs high end enemies. her 3 is completly useless to me so it was gonna go there. 

Edited by SpentCasings

DE what have you done ? already nerfing a system that not there yet, we cant know if this need a nerf before is out , i was very interrested and exited by this new system and from the beginning it was not complete in my opinion, just one ability come on, we need the first three ability to be subsumed and put 3 different ability on the same warframe, i was already dreaming of making a excalibur and valkyr much better by adding 1 or two abilities of wukong because i like to play solo too and having a doppleganger of my warframe is always helpfull in protection mission,

you think defy is too op change the abilities give us the mist or the doppleganger, but dont nerf it what the point to change the ability of one warframe by the minor version of another warframe , if it's like that no one gonna use the helminth system because is pointless even the last ability used is much helpfull than an ability nerfed, i prefer to keep my abilities like they are, than having a minor shock abilities from volt

and yest the rank was fine like it was why changing it, make your update live leave us testing it like it was at the beginning and after we can suggest you to nerf this or change that, but we cant know for sure if it's need to be nerfed without playing it in the first place, dont listen to people suggestions for something that not come out yet, they dont know what they are talking about because they have not testing it already

sorry but i'm dissapointed i was so happy by this announcement so it's make me sad to see that changing already, hope you listen to players concern and react because we love this game so much, this is the greatest community i ever see in a game, no saltyness like other gaming community

• Like 2
On 2020-08-12 at 7:27 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

It was apparent in player feedback and play testing that these Infused Warframe Abilities had the potential to be the overwhelming choice; which is not ideal. Instead of changing the Ability outright due to those concerns, we decided to give them slight rules when Infused.

Some of them are an overwhelming choice not because they're that good but because the other choices just aren't. A good choice is one where I can't decide which I'll pick, not one where everything is just equally bad. There are obviously still very strong choices, but I'd prefer it if the abilities on the terrible end would receive some well deserved love instead of just removing the stronger ones.

If your going to reduce the radius of Larva, an ability acquired from a warframe that people are probably going to spend play on instead of farming, you should probably mention by how much.

That way people don't pay the plat, subsume their Nidus and say, "wow, that was a waste of plat."

There goes my tentacle witch wisp idea. I might end up using something else. 

Just now, SpentCasings said:

I was actually gonna chuck his elemental ward on valkyr in place of her 2. since one of her issues is the lack of RAW hp vs high end enemies. her 3 is completly useless to me so it was gonna go there. 

Exactly! Imagine How good a fire/ice elemental ward on a frame like Valkyr would be! Either that or a fire/ice elemental ward on another tanky frame like Inaros! People act like these 6 abilities are the only good ones and should be nerfed, but there are other good options. The poorer options should be buffed instead. 

You they don't understand that many MR16+ players are fkn bored to play level 20 stuff. They put SP levels and now should i play level 20 enemies again?!?!?

Some abilities are pretty broken, you can just use Saryn and cloak arrow to make target defence a joke, solo, just pressing 2 buttons.

Many other frames have just trash abilities, inaros 2, chroma 1, noise arrow and many others are just useless.

Edited by bibmobello
1 minute ago, bibmobello said:

I you they don't understand that many MR16+ players are fkn bored to play level 20 stuff. They put SP levels and now should i play level 20 enemies again?!?!?

Some abilities are pretty broken, you can just use Saryn and cloak arrow to make target defence a joke, solo, just pressing 2 buttons.

Literally build vauban for max range and duration. Now you can make target defence a joke by holding down one button. 

1 minute ago, Dulran said:

Some of them are an overwhelming choice not because they're that good but because the other choices just aren't. A good choice is one where I can't decide which I'll pick, not one where everything is just equally bad. There are obviously still very strong choices, but I'd prefer it if the abilities on the terrible end would receive some well deserved love instead of just removing the stronger ones.

THIS....like some damage reduction abilities would have been GREAT!!!

No, Nova's stupid stars dont count. I'm not running negative range to keep the particles on my frame. Nezha's 3 or Mesa's shatter shields instead...Trinity's 3 instead of her crappy 1 that nobody uses....SO MANY OTHER CHOICES but they overwhelmingly chose THE POOREST abilities, and the few that weren't get nerfed. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

Some ability are pretty broken, you can just use Saryn and cloak arrow to make target defence a joke,solo. just pressing 2 buttons.

Or you can just use saryn. Invisibility no longer works on def objects.

Edited by selig_fay
1 hour ago, Huggalump said:

That's probably good. They should be nerfed so they're not the obvious choice, but still kept strong enough so that they're a good choice. 

That's impossible. As long as they're good enough to still be usable, they will be the obvious choice. If they will be nerfed so far that they will not be the obvious choice, they will be unusable.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, (XB1)RAG is NAROK said:

If your going to reduce the radius of Larva, an ability acquired from a warframe that people are probably going to spend play on instead of farming, you should probably mention by how much.

That way people don't pay the plat, subsume their Nidus and say, "wow, that was a waste of plat."

There goes my tentacle witch wisp idea. I might end up using something else. 

YOU TELLING ME. I FREAKING FARMED HIM THE HARD WAY. I am absolutely LIVID right now....

I forma'd my Exergis because i was going to do some Tentacle/Mag bubble/Exergis  combos that would have been absolutely HILAROUS and they just freaking Ruin my fun. 

Edited by SpentCasings
  • Like 3