2 minutes ago, DeusTurbo said:

Oh wow, it's almost like ripline isn't even in the ability pool... Decoy however, could be improved. And I act like the effect can't be forseen because IT CAN'T. Like I already said before, I would choose Frost's Ice Wave over all the other choices for some warframes. I would also choose stuff like Chroma's Elemental Ward over all the other options for some warframes. This system was supposed to be powerful and for the upper echalons of players. Every ability in the pool can be buffed to be a competetive option. To act like this isn't true demonstrates laziness and a lack of imagination. 

exactly, abilities dont need to be better than everything else to be picked, some frames need survivability, others CC, others still could use more dmg. to some, smite infusion will be better than roar. to others, roar will be almost useless due to the limit.

the thing is, roar will be the better choice, because abilities that could be chosen offers no real utility. why would you use tempest barrage? it kinda does cc, and it kinda spreads corrosive, but neither is done well. why would people pick decoy when molt is the better choice? why desiccation when radial blind the same but better in almost every way(well, besides the borderline joke healing that cant even be buffed).

and while yeah, they wouldnt be able to buff everything, they could start reworking some of them... like, you know, they did with well of life and airburst(which still sucks because they were afraid it would somehow become overpowered... seriously WTF DE?)

• Like 3
17 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

we decided to give them slight rules when Infused.

That's an odd way to say nerf.

Pre-nerfing Larva lol, it already requires an augment mod to work properly.

Edited by sitfesz

The Ability nerfs feel a bit undeserved truth be told. Like I get it you want to encourage variety but this feels like one of those over-corrections that just ruins the ability.

Defy getting reduced feels especially bad. 'Frames like Banshee, Nyx, so on would really benefit from having access to that kind of armour to help them survive which is what was really hurting them as options.

Like if these abilities were going to be "too good" I'd have rather gotten different abilities so instead of Defy we could've gotten Cloud Walker or hell, nothing at all. Having Nerfed abilities just feels bad but I'm still gonna use them not because they're "too good" but because a lot of Warframes really need that kind of help to let them really shine.

This whole Chrysalis system started as really interesting because yeah, we knew right away there were going to be amazing combos and now I'm left feeling... Deflated.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, SpentCasings said:

Trinity's 3 instead of her crappy 1 that nobody uses..

Hey. I am nobody. Nice to meet you. I think you need to learn more about the ability and augment because it is more effective than a dispenser.

I was planning to improve old warframes like nekros or valkyr to be thematically more dependable in missions like an ability from hildryn to mag, harrow's condemn and blood altar of garuda to nekros khora's ensnare to valkyr and nezha's firewalker to ember... I never had my eyes on abilities like Roar or Eclipse. However seeing these abilities get a nerf before a release is making me question to purpose of this system. If you lock it behind MR 16+ it won't cause any game breaking imbalance issues cause we will at that point already own many warframes and resources and playing around and experimenting will be just for fun. Idk DE pls also give us the ability to choose of two warframes at the same time because this ain't it

Edited by Shidonia
  • Like 1
Just now, selig_fay said:

Hey. I am nobody. Nice to meet you. I think you need to learn more about the ability and augment because it is more effective than a dispenser.

Hi nobody I'm Trinity's 4, which is superior in every way and doesnt take up an mod slot to CRAP on you. How ya doing?

3 minutes ago, phantasmalWordsmith said:

The Ability nerfs feel a bit undeserved truth be told. Like I get it you want to encourage variety but this feels like one of those over-corrections that just ruins the ability.

Defy getting reduced feels especially bad. 'Frames like Banshee, Nyx, so on would really benefit from having access to that kind of armour to help them survive which is what was really hurting them as options.

Like if these abilities were going to be "too good" I'd have rather gotten different abilities so instead of Defy we could've gotten Cloud Walker or hell, nothing at all. Having Nerfed abilities just feels bad but I'm still gonna use them not because they're "too good" but because a lot of Warframes really need that kind of help to let them really shine.

This whole Chrysalis system started as really interesting because yeah, we knew right away there were going to be amazing combos and now I'm left feeling... Deflated.

Dude nyx is just invincible, probably the most invincible among frames.... Banshee can stop half SP hydron room for almost 1 minute  without a potato, and half mods(without energy flow)...

Edited by bibmobello
7 minutes ago, Keyhound said:

exactly, abilities dont need to be better than everything else to be picked, some frames need survivability, others CC, others still could use more dmg. to some, smite infusion will be better than roar. to others, roar will be almost useless due to the limit.

the thing is, roar will be the better choice, because abilities that could be chosen offers no real utility. why would you use tempest barrage? it kinda does cc, and it kinda spreads corrosive, but neither is done well. why would people pick decoy when molt is the better choice? why desiccation when radial blind the same but better in almost every way(well, besides the borderline joke healing that cant even be buffed).

and while yeah, they wouldnt be able to buff everything, they could start reworking some of them... like, you know, they did with well of life and airburst(which still sucks because they were afraid it would somehow become overpowered... seriously WTF DE?)

I don't even build for Roar when I'm playing Rhino lol 

This is just a lazy move by DE. This is whole system is probably a clever move to dodge the responsibility of reworking the lesser used frames. Loki's decoy has always needed a rework, now would definitely be the time to buff it, but instead DE is lazy and nerfs the abilities they think may be used more. This whole move is lazy and unimaginative and honestly has made me very disappointed with what would have been the biggest thing for warframe since The War Within. 

Edited by DeusTurbo
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, SpentCasings said:

Hi nobody I'm Trinity's 4, which is superior in every way and doesnt take up an mod slot to CRAP on you. How ya doing?

Hey. I'm your teammate - a frost who doesn't need your resistance, but who loves orbs of health  for armor.
It all depends on the situation. You play a support frame, but you only think about yourself.

Edited by selig_fay
9 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

Dude nyx is just invincible, probably the most invincible among frames.... Banshee can stop half SP hydron room for almost 1 minute  without a potato, and half mods...

So does this justify the nerfs? Saying "DUDE this does that you don't know that omg?" ain't helping at all. We can mod our warframes but sharpening some of the edges of a frame is really optional and playstyle dependant. 

2 minutes ago, selig_fay said:

Hey. I'm your teammate - a frost who doesn't need your resistance, but who loves orbs of energy for armor.
It all depends on the situation. You play a support frame, but you only think about yourself.

You have a bubble.

You have a 4 augment that gives you a NOPE shield.

Trinity is primarily a healer and energy restorer. her 1 is completely useless in that kit. and dont you DARE tell me im selfish on my Trinity, because that ability was getting replaced with roar, and smite for smite infusion for the ABSOLUTE BEST support frame. SO you can so sit in a freaking corner and rethink life. 

And if you dont know how to play a frost without some paltry amounts of armor from those drops then you need to rethink your frost too. 

Edited by SpentCasings
11 minutes ago, DeusTurbo said:

Exactly! Imagine How good a fire/ice elemental ward on a frame like Valkyr would be! Either that or a fire/ice elemental ward on another tanky frame like Inaros! People act like these 6 abilities are the only good ones and should be nerfed, but there are other good options. The poorer options should be buffed instead. 

and this is what people are asking for, roar is an amazing ability, probably rhino's best due to its versatility. and that alone is a reason to make it one of the best picks to be subsumed... what doesnt help is when they choices are between roar and stuff like decoy... and ability that even people playing loki wont use 99% of the case.
yeah there are other good choices... but why not take this and buff the ones people are less likely to pick, instead of nerfing the ones everyone will choose no matter how neutered DE tries to nerf it.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Voltage said:

What do you mean flashbacks? These roll around every 90 days :crylaugh:.

True, I guess I mostly meant the particularly traumatic Rubico and Catchmoon ones.. :'D

1 minute ago, SpentCasings said:

Trinity is primarily a healer and energy restorer. her 1 is completely useless in that kit. and dont you DARE tell me im selfish on my Trinity, because that ability was getting replaced with roar, and smite for smite infusion for the ABSOLUTE BEST support frame. SO you can so sit in a freaking corner and rethink life. 

I was wrong with the spelling. I meant health orbs. Orbs of health can give 1350 armor. It can be appreciated in the group, so don't say no one is using it. This ability is cool now and will look good on some frames.

1 hour ago, ---UMBRA--- said:

I think roar will be dominate at all that is why variety will be detroyed. This fact forced DE to nerf imbalanced abilities in pool

The nerfs don't change anything about that tho. They just annoy the players.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Keyhound said:

and this is what people are asking for, roar is an amazing ability, probably rhino's best due to its versatility. and that alone is a reason to make it one of the best picks to be subsumed... what doesnt help is when they choices are between roar and stuff like decoy... and ability that even people playing loki wont use 99% of the case.
yeah there are other good choices... but why not take this and buff the ones people are less likely to pick, instead of nerfing the ones everyone will choose no matter how neutered DE tries to nerf it.

This is exactly what I'm saying. Don't nerf the good stuff, buff the bad stuff. Give us more good choices instead of making every choice bad. Why even bother to invest so much time and resources in this system if you just get "meh" rewards. You have to sacrifice literal warframes to this thing and DE expects us to be fine with getting "meh" in return? This is why echoes of umbra was scrapped before it even got a dev workshop. 

Edited by DeusTurbo
  • Like 2
13 minutes ago, selig_fay said:

Yeah welcome to eidolons where dispensary would be MUCH better than Trinity's 1. 

• Like 2
Just now, selig_fay said:

I was wrong with the spelling. I meant health orbs. Orbs of health can give 1350 armor. It can be appreciated in the group, so don't say no one is using it. This ability is cool now and will look good on some frames.

Does that not require a specific mod to take advantage of? A mod that an armored/tank build PROBABLY wont be using? You're trying to argue a far nice case for a plainly inferior ability that does not normally synergise with her kit.

If I'm playing a squishy im probably not using that either since Adaptation is a thing....Also...armor is a DAMAGE REDUCTION/RESISTANCE. unless you are doing some weird armor stack to pop a stronger bubble...you're just better off using her dam 4 for a 70% resist. 

Just now, Knightlus said:

Yeah welcome to eidolons where dispensary would be MUCH better than Trinity's 1. 

I'm not interested in eidolons after the scarlet spear.

2 minutes ago, DeusTurbo said:

This is exactly what I'm saying. Don't nerf the good stuff, buff the bad stuff. Give us more good choices instead of making every choice bad. Why even bother to invest so much time and resources in this system if you just get "meh" rewards. You have to sacrifice literal warframes to this thing and DE expects us to be fine with getting "meh" in return? This is why echoes of umbra was scrapped before it even got a dev workshop. 

the true irony is, no matter how much they nerf roar, it will still be the most chosen ability due to how plug and play it is. and no amount of nerf will make it a worse choice than decoy...

• Like 1

Maybe instead of nerfing the good Helminth abilities you buff the abilities that are utter trash and won’t see any pick rate? 

The zephyr 2 buff was nice but the amount of force that it tugs the enemies to the blast zone is such a wet noodle can it please get a little increase? Zephyr isn’t in danger of being OP if that’s the fear. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Keyhound said:

the true irony is, no matter how much they nerf roar, it will still be the most chosen ability due to how plug and play it is. and no amount of nerf will make it a worse choice than decoy...

Make. Decoy. Great. Again. XD

Just now, (NSW)Lorkhan said:

Trinity is over-rated now. Wisp is much better is all ways

I dont have to mote-hump and can stay mobile. She will always have a place. And was going to have a damage buff but if this keeps going south im not bothering.