Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

1 minute ago, SpentCasings said:

No. I use mostly survival and generalist builds None of my frames are super min maxed. 

However. I dont crap on players who do, call them brain dead like he did, and support bad developmental decisions because "meta bad HURRRR DURRR"

But that's exactly what the current meta is lol. Pick one adjective to describe the thousands of players farming things with Khora whip build and a spam macro, other than brain dead.

1) Very interesting list of abilities, a lot will be interesting to use with other warframes.

2) Hmm ... Yes, that's fair. Avoiding imbalances. 

В 12.08.2020 в 20:27, [DE]Rebecca сказал:

What about Damage buffing Abilities?

As you can see, we have two Abilities that increase damage: Mirage’s Eclipse, and Rhino’s Roar. We are creating a special case for these Abilities when infused on Warframes with similar Abilities (i.e Chroma, Mirage, Rhino, Octavia). When you infuse these, you will receive a prompt that you can only have 1 Damage Buffing ability at a time, and thus you are limited to replacing said ability type. Which is to say - Damage Buffing abilities can only be swapped with Damage Buffing Abilities on Warframes that already have them. However, that limitation does not apply to the other 30+ Warframes.

3) It doesn't bother me, because the complaints "I accidentally fed my warframe to the helminth, plz help" will be read later support, not to me.

EDIT: We have also changed the Mastery Rank Prerequisite of the Helminth Segment to 8 (was 15).

4) Just nerf all infused abilities. What is the point of nerfing only half of the list of abilities? As result only few people will use more useless ones. This does not equalize them in terms of usefulness.

PART 1 - Changes to select Infused Warframe Abilities

Please keep in mind we’re still testing/playing around with the values for each, hence why the values are not present below:

The following only apply to Infused Warframe Abilities:

Rhino - Roar
Diminished Damage increase

Mirage - Eclipse
Diminished Damage increase and cap Damage Reduction 

Valkyr - Warcry
Attack speed increase reduced

Protea - Dispenser
Duration reduced

Nidus - Larva
Radius reduced

Wukong - Defy
Armor capped

PS. If there are mistakes, forgive me for my bad english.

1 minute ago, PhoenixParadox said:

But that's exactly what the current meta is lol. Pick one adjective to describe the thousands of players farming things with Khora whip build and a spam macro, other than brain dead.

If you think MY builds are meta. You just lost any semblance of an argument and DO NOT know what you are talking about. Full stop. I only JUSt started using the "whip build" when they nerfed Xoris. 

However. I dont crap on players who do, call them brain dead like he did, and support bad developmental decisions because "meta bad HURRRR DURRR"

I have nothing against meta frames if the person likes it. I sometimes indulge in it myself. But, using wukong to save 5 seconds of a fast mission, and then grieving that wukong got speed nerf, which means it became useless - I don't understand

Just now, selig_fay said:

I have nothing against meta frames if the person likes it. I sometimes indulge in it myself. But, using wukong to save 5 seconds of a fast mission, and then grieving that wukong got speed nerf, which means it became useless - I don't understand

That was directed at that Phoenix dummy up there. 

He seems like the type of player that seriously builds mag around her 1 then wonders why it sucks. 

If you think MY builds are meta. You just lost any semblance of an argument and DO NOT know what you are talking about. Full stop. 

Did I say your builds are meta? Nope, not once. You're the one who replied to me, and you're the one who assumed I use "crappy" builds to "fight the meta". You played yourself.

Just now, bibmobello said:

I am pretty sure they will add a mechanic similar to the kuva weapons... More frames you fuse more powerful the ability  it will be,  so you will waste your own life(or wallet) trying to reach the max cap.

If they think im gonna farm ANOTHER PROTEA they got another dam thing coming.....

2 minutes ago, PhoenixParadox said:

Did I say your builds are meta? Nope, not once. You're the one who replied to me, and you're the one who assumed I use "crappy" builds to "fight the meta". You played yourself.

Whatever dummy go sit in a corner and wonder why nobody mains Grendel, and tell yourself he's GREAT. 

I said my builds where generalist with some survivability. Nothing is min maxed

Min maxed is the meta. You played YOURSELF. 

Simply put, Warframe had NO endgame to begin with (and apparently, not ever -- if this, now, MR 8 update goes live). 
This is/was a chance for DE to staying consistent (with their original advertisement and progression-driven content) to finally put 'end game' on the map:  Steel Path + Helminth System was a good start--not perfect but a good start. This not only gave access to higher level game play, but would've (finally) incentivized going beyond MR 15 (or higher).

Dedicated Vets/experienced players just want a reason to PLAY WARFRAME (again!) beyond the new player experience (which apparently EVERYTHING is new player accessible).  And that is really what this is about. There isn't any real distinct and consistent content that says 'for vets only.'    And DE has backpedaled so many times on this type of content (yea let's not talk about open world).   Anyways i'm officially done venting now about this topic.  DE i pray to RNGeezus you will make a sound decision that appeases both parties (but mostly the 'experienced players'). 

Just now, SpentCasings said:

Whatever dummy go sit in a corner and wonder why nobody mains Grendel, and tell yourself he's GREAT. 

There you go again assuming what I use and my builds, even though I never did it to you. Stop crying kiddo.

hace 7 minutos, selig_fay dijo:

it wasnt just a few seconds he was as fast or more than nova cause ez to use so less human mistake, he still quite fast they just killed the fun of modding for it with the cap on speed and barelly change anything for normal gameplay. In my case they killed a build i had for open worlds and for the speedrun people (yes they are a thing) was a big blow cause he was a new option. Also people like going fast in videogame  and when they cap the speed they dont like it surprise. 

The issues here is certainly not the subsumed abilities being less effective than they are on original warframes. It's the failure to communicate it from the start.

Nerfing the abilities which are expected to be the most common picks will not prevent them from being the most common picks, because if I am replacing an ability that I have no use for with any other ability that has even 10% of it's original effectiveness, it's still gonna be an upgrade.

Now if there are abilities that are making it into the subsume list at their full effectiveness, that means there's gonna be a lot of unhappy fans of these particular warframes. Either way, DE seem to have put themselves into a position where there is going to be a lot of unhappy players no matter which route they take from this point on.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)MYKK678 said:

I can't see the ability changes being disappointing in the slightest tbh. Even forgetting for a second that DE was clearly going to be playtesting all the powers before release, theres been nothing but "omg Roars gonna be op"  "omg i cant wait to be op with elem ward". Its like sitting in front of someone and saying "omg you have no idea we have a surprise party planned for you". Of course there'd be a reduction, and rightfully so too. The buff powers were ALWAYS going to be too powerful, they were ALWAYS going to be decreased. Who in their right mind would believe they were going to ship as-is lol?

As for the MR change tbh i was happy with the 15 and think it should have stayed. Its not a "hard lock" at all, its a goal for players to set for themselves. A hard lock is releasing essential story for a game through paid DLC, a hard lock is hiding requested characters behind a paywall. This was simply giving players a reason to want to progress to MR15. Or a progression system as its known.

Its a few interesting points man but yeah im mostly in agreement with you. I mean im personally disapointed but i also realise that well that feeling is counter productive towards a healthy game wich was also my point. This point was mostly meant to adress the "its nerfed before release" arguments that ive seen quite a lot.

As for the MR i guess what i mostly had in mind was the reasoning behind it in relation to player interests vs DE's interests and the balance that needs to be maintained btween the two as well as trying to urge people caution with what one wishes for. you are right it does not fit the termonology hard lock though but regardless MR 15 is stil quite high and depending upon the statistics of the hype what % of players will get their hype killed by knowing theres a huge MR grind and several 24 hour wait walls? Thats not quite in DE's interests.

Its basically a conflict between interests and i know for a while now theres been a nerrative of older players that craft arguments based on experience but dont quite have an understanding of the changes made from DE's perspective so the result is resentment when a change that they view as essential is not implemented. "DE does not play their own game" - youtube comments.

5 minutes ago, SpentCasings said:

He seems like the type of player that seriously builds mag around her 1 then wonders why it sucks. 

Well, Mag 1 would be awesome if it wasn't for the ragdoll effect, which renders the ability useless. If it attracted opponents and left them stunned in front of you, lol it would be much stronger than larva.

En 12/8/2020 a las 19:27, [DE]Rebecca dijo:

EDIT: We have also changed the Mastery Rank Prerequisite of the Helminth Segment to 8 (was 15).

😐..... really?. already 14 ...daaaaaamm 😑i increase 7 mr since the new. my eyes hurt of hidrion leveling with nova, after this i will turn epilectic.

1 minute ago, selig_fay said:

Well, Mag 1 would be awesome if it wasn't for the ragdoll effect, which renders the ability useless. If it attracted opponents and left them stunned in front of you, lol it would be much stronger than larva.

You're not wrong. Walk right into a kuva tonkor round or a bubble. 

hace 7 minutos, SpentCasings dijo:

I said my builds where generalist with some survivability. Nothing is min maxed

Min maxed is the meta. You played YOURSELF. 

I play grendel he is pretty good, his 1 alone is like a turret that kills anything that is not status inmune, has good buffs and a big health pool. In fact they already nerf him (sentients) cause DE notice he can just make any enemy he can eat useless while its killing it. Bad example. 

You're not wrong. Walk right into a kuva tonkor round or a bubble. 

Well...Mag's pull used to be strong like that, then it got nerfed sadly, but that was years ago during Greedy Pull meta on T4 Void Tower survival.

hace 7 horas, DARK_WIZARD999 dijo:

The entire system is broken, I started a new account and one thing I really hated is having to grind through trash weapons I don't want to play with. Or regrind vanilla frames that I don't want. the Mastery system basically makes you do things you don't want to do, which you burn out on, but it's the same as the part of the game you do like, so you just end up tiring yourself out for nothing. 

but thats because you already did all that?

a new player will just build and rank guns they find useful they would not get mad because they can't speed run mastery rank.
we need a new way of separating veterans from new players, but here you are complaining about a system because you already did it?

Archived