Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

hace 2 minutos, Hillyum dijo:

If you don't like it, the door is always open to come and go, you can go out whenever you like.
go play minecraft

You know whats the problem buddy? When you invest hours to have a cool loadout then DE breaks the meta and your stuff is useless. 

Then you need to play what everybody is playing or suffer. 

It keeps happening. And this system is like the godlike version or this issue. 

Expect mains of niche frames get their souls shattered (Quiver on any frame)

Expect the Saryn with Piercing Roar deleting everything before you can reload

Expect the ShieldGatin abuse that will come with these shield restoring abilities

Expect the nuke frame with Ore Gaze (extra loot chance that scales with strength)
to abolish ALL OTHER LOOTING ABILITIES 

You dont understand, do you? This was supposed to be gimmicky and niche, but adding such abilities they are literally making Warframes irrelevant. 

vor 2 Minuten schrieb (PS4)cradle001:

I think that only players of mastery rank 15 and higher will be the only ones able to access this is a little unfair to all the other warframers. There was all this hype about this and now we come to find out that not all of us are going to be able to access it. 

I mean yeah, mastery rank 15 isn't that hard to achieve, this is kinda a game changer and I think it is fair to have it after a player has been playing the "normal" way for a lot of time. Not every system needs or should be accessible as early as possible, DE has made this mistake in the past, by making both Cetus and fortuna accessible way too soon, when people badly understood the main concept of the game, which lead to alot of frustration. I'm very glad that this system is not as accessible. I have a friend that is currently MR 9 and is nowhere near good enough/knowledgeable enough to get anything out of this system besides confusion or frustration.

Like... some of these are alright I guess. Roar will make some frames generically more powerful, but basically nothing here is what I was really hoping for. I don't think that anything here is really going to fix Harrow or Nyx sadly, which had been what I was hoping for. What was looking to be a promising system to me, and had me excited and looking forward to it, just got turned into something that I might throw a frame or two into, but nothing I really want to do the grind of building more frames for. Imo this list is somewhat disappointing.

I was hoping that we'd get Mag's Polarize, but instead we got pull, Loki's Invisibility or Switch Teleport, but instead we got decoy, Nyx's Psychic Bolts, but instead we got Mind control. I feel like the Devs went out of their way to pick the least interesting/fun/useful ability on most of the frames on the list. I get that we can't have Rhino's Iron Skin or Stomp, Saryn's Spores or Miasma, but couldn't we have gotten Toxic Lash instead of Molt?

1 hour ago, --Q--Candy said:

Dispensary = Endless Energy for all Warframes.... This doesnt seem broken at all...

I'm just curious, but how is this any different than "Every Operator already takes Zenurik or you're doing it wrong?"  Some Warframes will be able to use abilities more often.  In exchange for losing an ability (arguably not a big deal in many cases.)  And also *standing around* for up to 30 seconds at a time waiting for it to spit out energy balls.  Also, nearly anyone who wants energy can just craft, you know, five hundred energy charger consumables already and drop them four or five at a time.  Especially now that we have a version that anyone can get without Syndicate ranking and craft literally a hundred at a time.

This whole system should only work when engaging with the new content -- it shouldn't be available everywhere. I feel like it removes a lot of the "wow" factor from literally any frame. You should see Rhino roar for the first time and you think "Wow that's a huge damage amp, I should try that character" and not "Wow that's a huge damage amp, good thing I don't have to actually play Rhino".

This is incorrect. You have stuff like Volt - Shock there. With the Augment this is a crazy Ability to increase dmg. Can we get a limitation there too?

Shuriken + Seekign Shuriken = Remove Armor from all enemies... Now even grineer are a joke like all other factions.
Rest & Rage = Now you can bee your own Sleep Equinox to power level / fokus farm.
Nourish = Extremly strong toxin buff. The quote from above applies here.
Smite + Smite Infusion = Same thing as the Quote applies here and it even has scaling dmg...
Dispensary = Endless Energy for all Warframes.... This doesnt seem broken at all...

This system needs Heavy Nerfs and active maintenance.This has the potential to kill the balance in this game forever. If it will be relased like this and wont get balanced very often you can say goodbye to all sorts of Balance in this game.
I hope that you will do something about this, else we can say goodbye to ever have any challenge in this game.

(Shutout to the comment from --Q--FSK41 a few posts down. This System will kill everything)

First comment is people fun policing before it's even out.

This is incorrect. You have stuff like Volt - Shock there. With the Augment this is a crazy Ability to increase dmg. Can we get a limitation there too?

Shuriken + Seekign Shuriken = Remove Armor from all enemies... Now even grineer are a joke like all other factions.
Rest & Rage = Now you can bee your own Sleep Equinox to power level / fokus farm.
Smite + Smite Infusion = Same thing as the Quote applies here and it even has scaling dmg...

This system needs Heavy Nerfs and active maintenance.This has the potential to kill the balance in this game forever. If it will be relased like this and wont get balanced very often you can say goodbye to all sorts of Balance in this game.
I hope that you will do something about this, else we can say goodbye to ever have any challenge in this game.

(Shutout to the comment from --Q--FSK41 a few posts down. This System will kill everything)

Shut the hell up, this game has literally never been hard. Gear checks are not difficulty.
You're playing the wrong game.
Embracing the chaos instead of nerfing everything into the ground is the best move they could have done. If all the abilities you can steal suck, no one would bother using it.

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Protea Dispensary

Thank you for giving us this ability. This will solve many problems for spam frames and give good support for both energy and weapons. This also makes a lot of weapons useful, as the ammo problem for the ammo eater now disappears. I hope you don't change your mind, because this is a good gameplay improvement.

9 minutes ago, Xtrenos said:

I personally thing Warcry shouldn't be removable given that it's probably valkyrs best ability 😕 I don't see how rip line and paralysis are core.

As someone who uses Valk all the time, I would want to put Rip line or Paralysis (well, maybe Paralysis) on any other Frame. There are better abilities that can do what Paralysis can do. Plus most people are going to overlook it for Roar or Eclipse.

1 hour ago, --Q--FSK41 said:

This System is broken and will break the game completely,it shouldn't come into the game so many broken  combinations,for example mesa and eclipse/roar = who the hell thought of this. its completely unbalanced PLEASE DE do NOT put this into the game,since you made enemies paper the game is already quite easy but with this its literally broken

Imagine crying and begging the devs for nerfs for a system that hasn't even dropped yet in a PVE GAME.

Shaking my head at people crying "OMG BALANCE". Balance is already nonexistent, as proven by Steel Path's release. A reasonably competent player with a *decent* build (not anything crazy, no absurd 5k plat rivens, no niche combinations, just a good build on a good warframe) can solo everything, melt level 150+ armor boosted enemies for hours on end, lock down Interception to effortlessly farm... etc etc.

People crying bloody murder over Roar beign a thing need a reality check. First of all, you need to build high strength for it to be worth it, and not all builds actually do that, not by a long shot. Second of all, if you take a decent Excal, Baruuk, or, may Allah have mercy, Khora, with a decent - again, not insane, no rivens or other S#&$ - build and stat stick into Steel Path, you are hitting 2-3 mil damage per swing easily... what's the big fkn deal if you add Roar to her and hit for 5-6 mil instead? Overkill is overkill, enemies ain't gonna get any more dead than they already get at 0 hp. So it's just for fun and watching pretty numbers fly.

Which is *exactly* what Warframe is all about. Bonus points: some of these interactions will prop up B-tier warframes that are seldom played because they get overshadowed by other, stronger picks. Ember can now get swole, Inaros can finally get a decent use for strength and become a discount Rhino with more health, Chroma could get some cc, Nekros can have something more substantial than "press 3 once, then keep swinging your melee".

5 minutes ago, Roble_Viejo said:

You know whats the problem buddy? When you invest hours to have a cool loadout then DE breaks the meta and your stuff is useless. 

Then you need to play what everybody is playing or suffer. 

It keeps happening. And this system is like the godlike version or this issue. 

Expect mains of niche frames get their souls shattered (Quiver on any frame)

Expect the Saryn with Piercing Roar deleting everything before you can reload

Expect the ShieldGatin abuse that will come with these shield restoring abilities

Expect the nuke frame with Ore Gaze (extra loot chance that scales with strength)
to abolish ALL OTHER LOOTING ABILITIES 

You dont understand, do you? This was supposed to be gimmicky and niche, but adding such abilities they are literally making Warframes irrelevant. 

Thank you.

Archived