Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

hace 7 minutos, Keyhound dijo:

the diference is, nerfing roar wont make the other abilities better. it just make roar worse. and roar is the type of ability that, unless they nerf it by a massive amount, will still be better than the others for most cases.

in comparisson, buffing other abilities with extra effects/more usability, will make them better for certain cases, meaning, more choices. roar is a default choice, no amount of nerf will change that. however, not every frame wants or needs more dmg. more damage on nyx is pointless because her 4 is trash dmg to use no matter the damage you gain, same for her other abilities, it would buff her weapon damage, but most people would pick utility over damage on her... if they played her.

same could be said to a number of other frames, my vauban is built using minimal str, so i would like a survival ability that is not str dependent, and so on.

we want better choices, not less usefull ones.

yeah but nerfing roar was inevitable, Again you cant have other abilities be useful without roar and eclipse being nerf, with other abilities i hope they buff the usless rather than nerf the most used. but roar and eclipse are just too useful to have compared to other abilities.

Question.

This thread is now 139 pages long as I type this.

How many of the people who have posted here are going to stop playing Warframe because of this change to an unreleased system?

Or is this all just so much hot air and butthurt?

This system hasn't even been played yet but it's ruined? How? How can we know that if we haven't even played it yet?

Throwing Roar on Saryn will still make her stronger than she was before, giving Nezah Larva will still make him more powerful, or are people not going to bother now? Are you all giving up simply because that ability isn't going to be as powerful as it was on it's original frame?

Why should an ability taken from one frame and slapped on another be as powerful as the original?

il y a 4 minutes, Fl_3 a dit :

Question.

How many of the people who have posted here are going to stop playing Warframe because of this change to an unreleased system?

This system hasn't even been played yet but it's ruined? How? How can we know that if we haven't even played it yet?

Throwing Roar on Saryn will still make her stronger than she was before, giving Nezah Larva will still make him more powerful, or are people not going to bother now? Are you all giving up simply because that ability isn't going to be as powerful as it was on it's original frame?

Why should an ability taken from one frame and slapped on another be as powerful as the original?

You promised me a car and you gave me a bike. Yes, it is better than my feet. Yes, I am disappointed.

2 minutes ago, Fl_3 said:

Question.

They will not stop but probably they will play much less overall after the lowered MR requirement making the new world probably stupid like the previous ones for veteran players.

2 minutes ago, Fl_3 said:

Question.

You know, you do have a point...

At this point you can just scrap the system.

People wanted to use those abilities for a reason, so I dont really see a point in nerfing them. They could have made some rarely used warframes actually usable meanwhile now after the nerf they will stay where they were before.

I'd revert the changes cause they are pointless and MR 8 players already have a ton of content to do on their rank so why would you throw them something that they cant even properly utilize.

Also the NERF EVERYTHING instead of buff terrible things mentality is slowly making most of the people lose their minds. There are many weapons/warframes that have fun and unique aspects to them meanwhile they are just being made for mastery rank and deleted afterwards which is quite sad.

Just now, danberhe said:

yeah but nerfing roar was inevitable, Again you cant have other abilities be useful without roar and eclipse being nerf, with other abilities i hope they buff the usless rather than nerf the most used. but roar and eclipse are just too useful to have compared to other abilities

Nefting Roar doesn't make Decoy any better it just make Roar S#&$tier.

7 hours ago, Sahansral said:

It isn't the goal to make decoy more attractive, but to have roughly 20 viable options instead of 6.
Stop acting like the rest of abilities besides the six are terrible. FFS, just be happy that you can replace things like Spectral Scream.

I am not acting like everything but 6 are terrible, you are. Read your first sentence please. That is partially the problem. DE is acting like there are only 6 good abilities based on what some Youtuber said. By nerfing abilities, that removes choices. The only reason Roar is a good ability on a lot of kits is because many of them do not have a use for the other abilities. They could instead buff bad abilities so players can say "I could go with the boring damage buff, or I could go with this awesome synergy that complements my warframe's kit". To a degree, that was already the case because there are many good abilities right now. All they had to do was give some good effects to the really bad abilities (which is what they originally said they would do) that can compete with the other abilities. That is why this change is misguided. It changes nothing, except make the system less exciting. People that want a damage buff are still going to pick roar. 

On 2020-08-12 at 1:27 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Who is this for?
We consider this a customization system for very experienced Warframe players (Mastery Rank 15 8 Prerequisite). We do not intend to let newer players unlock this system. We intentionally placed the Segment deep into progression to ensure only experienced players could access the Segment and begin their journey with Helminth.

The cognitive dissonance is STRONG with this one. Yet another case of MR losing value.

I never post but this pre nerf to the Helminth has crashed my hype so hard that I feel the need to post. I am MR 12 and while the High MR cap was disappointing subsuming any of the recently nerfed abilities seemed like my end game. Hopefully it isn’t a hard nerf but still it I was really excited and this nerf feels like a gut punch. 

This change from MR15 to MR8 will do more harm than good. MR8 players are still newbies, you can get there in just 8 days if you wanted after making a new account. New players are already too overwhelmed with stuff to do. An MR8 probably will have like 3-4 warframes and not optimized builds. Granting them an ability to remove a warframe is just harmful for them. I already see the hudnreds of support tickets coming in titled "Please refund my warframe"

And why does this feature require MR8 when ayatan sculpture autoequip is locked behind MR10?!

3 minutes ago, Fl_3 said:

Question.

I think it's the people that aren't giving feedback who've got the right of it. The less players say about potentially non-obvious combos, the more work QA has to do to find them, and the better chance that the combo makes it into the game and we at least get to use it for a little while. The people who are commenting on this thread will likely at least test things out before ditching Warframe. They care enough about the game to give feedback, if that's any indication of things.

Dear DE, if you didn't notice by now how much the playerbase is unsatisfied by these actions (for me personally its most importantly the MR requirement), let me put it into a new perspective: This is the first time ever I saw TacticalPotato loosing his cool/positivity. Like, ever.

2 minutes ago, danberhe said:

yeah but nerfing roar was inevitable, Again you cant have other abilities be useful without roar and eclipse being nerf, with other abilities i hope they buff the usless rather than nerf the most used. but roar and eclipse are just too useful to have compared to other abilities.

of course it was, its DE we are talking about, the same people who thought, and no, this is no joke, archwings shouldnt have vaccum because vaccum is a sentinel mod...
this is the type of logic they work of,

and like i said, no amount of nerf will change the fact, most people will pick roar whenever they can. its just that good of an ability. however, like i also said time and again, roar isnt the best for every case, so long there are better options for what you need. people want a good survivability skill on squichy frames, and there are cases of frames that use negative str, or low duration, making roar borderline useless.

better options is always better than less good ones. higher floor, not lower ceiling...

Let us pick any and all abilities from any warframe, in any amount on to any other. If someone wants to take all Rhino's abilities and replace all of Loki's with them, just let them.

It will be broken, overpowered and there will be buggy messes, but people will have fun with the game in a way they haven't had since they started mixing and matching mods.

I'm sick of the nerfs and the mythical journey towards some sort of "balance". Just let us have fun with it.

5 minutes ago, danberhe said:

but buffing decoy doesn't make it a better option than roar?

The problem is not Roar being better than Decoy or a buffed Decoy being better than Roar.

The question is, how much better is it?

X > Y = Not a problem. Most people can take a small tradeoff.

X >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Y = Huge problem. Y is no longer an option at all.

vor 8 Minuten schrieb KurtisPrime:

Nefting Roar doesn't make Decoy any better it just make Roar S#&$tier.

Nerfing roar will make people thinking hard about choosing shock, nourish or smite instead. Real choice instead no brainer cookie cutter.

hace 13 minutos, Mr.Nasho dijo:

PLEASE REVERT THE MR REQUIREMENT TO 15 AGAIN NOW

Is still hard for a newer player get to the Helminith, you will need to farm resources, build a frame, is not that easy, increase the entraty, with no mr is hard, cause the maximun will be 8000 points per day, so in the meantime, they will be at mr 15, only the veterans will know how to access this part at the MR 8. no a newer player, also imagine if you have to kill High level enemies, a simply mr8 with no idea of how the game works wont be able to unlock it! the thing in here is mastery Rank need a rework, cause Mr15 DO NOT REPRESET a veteran player, also 28. do not represent a veteran player. They have to find another way to make a meaningful badge of your experience.

Just now, Pzykdruhgs said:

no one is asking it to be either though, some abilities are just not going to be amazing, that's inevitable.

they dont need to be, they just need to be better than useless... like decoy is on anyone without a switch ability. and even on loki, its borderline useless, bar a couple of cases.

there's no reason to even pick decoy when molt does the same, buffs move speed, removes neg status, and can also be used as a heal... and lets not forget the most amazing mod ever... share damage on decoy, so you take his damage, and he takes yours... on an ability that force agro enemies towards it... which is reaching for levels of trolling never seen before!

Archived