Just now, Keyhound said:

shock's main usability is against shields, making it the best for corpus... thing is, we still dont need extra damage to deal with shields. and in the cases where something like that would be good, DE made sure to make it "special shield". the elements you can combine with shock are also no longer that usefull, mag is still bad, corrosive lost its luster and radiation... you could use smite anyways... its not useless, its just far inferior to smite on most cases.

Smite was going on trinity for Eidolons with the augment..that was literally IT....

You people, are being ungrateful... there are a lot of frames, we don't even use 2 abilities, this system will make better that part, the only thing they fail was on presenting it before they tested, that's reeeally bad. I think they need to apologize for that. but apart from that. the new Helminith system will be Awesome, and no only the frames have abilities, the helmilith have is owns! and we do not know yet what they are.

so, stop being so critics and complaining so much, about a thing you don't even try it yet.

Meme Eating GIF

Edited by (NSW)H4YKEN1987

Why would you lower the MR requirement? I thought you said this was going to be veteran content that was not suitable for newer players. Why would you lower the requirement to newer player ranks? This is the problem with Warframe. You guys keep front-loading the game with all the new content for new players to go through, but then they eventually get bored and leave because they still have half the games progression to go and they’ve already unlocked everything and have nothing more to strive for.

These nerfs to the subsumed abilities completely defeats the purpose of you guys choosing these abilities to begin with. You chose Roar. You chose Defy. If you had any concerns over subsumed abilities being good on other Warframes then you should’ve picked completely different abilities. In fact. If you had any concerns of people wanting to use the Helminth Chrysalis system in the first place then why bother adding it?

You don’t make the worse choices any more appealing my ruining the good ones. Especially when we always have the option of not bothering with the system to begin with.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301
  • Like 5
vor 9 Minuten schrieb Fl_3:

Question.

This thread is now 139 pages long as I type this.

How many of the people who have posted here are going to stop playing Warframe because of this change to an unreleased system?

Or is this all just so much hot air and butthurt?

This system hasn't even been played yet but it's ruined? How? How can we know that if we haven't even played it yet?

Throwing Roar on Saryn will still make her stronger than she was before, giving Nezah Larva will still make him more powerful, or are people not going to bother now? Are you all giving up simply because that ability isn't going to be as powerful as it was on it's original frame?

Why should an ability taken from one frame and slapped on another be as powerful as the original?

Well, I'm sitting here on break from WF and the system piqued my interest, so I  wanted to check it out. Now with pre-emptive nerfs I'm not sure if its worth checking out anymore. If the reaction to potentially strong abilities is a direct nerf it sets a precedent that potentially strong synergies and highly popular combinations will see nerfs in the future, too. So I don't see why I would want to invest any time in this system if anything potentially groundbreaking might meet a reactionary demise.

I'm not interested in the Helminth system because I can switch Fireball with Shock.

It obviously has to be seen how severe these nerfs are as there are no numbers attached. Like especially for Larva. Its primary purpose is pulling a room of enemies together so I can blow them up with non room cleaning stuff. If I can't do that due to a severe range nerf there is virtually no reason to put that ability on another Warframe. Similarly Defy is a major defensive but if it doesn't provide significant armor anymore to truly improve a Warframe's defense why would I want to get that ability. Same for damage buffs. Especially if I need to change a Warframe's build or invest an augment (Warcry) I want to get more than some 20% something damage buff out of that.

There are obviously frames that have so fundamentally useless abilities that replacing them with sometihng is basically a given. But I'd rather not have a system work on the premise that I can replace worthless abilities with slightly less worthless abilities. I want to find new ways to play my frames. Enable frames to do more than they could yesterday and find some interesting stuff to do with it. Buffs can, while largely unspectacular, do some interesting things that might make me play different frames because their kit is suddenly on a top end level instead of perpetual mediocrity and bordelrine redundancy.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, (NSW)H4YKEN1987 said:

You people, are being ungrateful... there are a lot of frames, we don't even even 2 abilities, this system will make better that part, the only thing they fail was on presenting it before they tested, that's a reeeally bad. I think they need to apologize for that. but apart from that. the new Helminith system will be Awesome, and no only the frames have abilities, the helmilith have is owns! and we do not know yet what they are.

so, stop being so critics and complaining so much, about a thing you don't even try it yet.

Meme Eating GIF

Seriously no one with a bit of brain is complaining about this stupid "nerf" because most of the abilities offered are totally broken on other frames. Just think cloak arrow on mesa or equinox...

Experienced players wanted a true hard game, lowering to MR8 means we will have to kill level 20 enemies for the rest of our life... No thanks.

Edited by bibmobello
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, (NSW)H4YKEN1987 said:

You people, are being ungrateful... there are a lot of frames, we don't even use 2 abilities, this system will make better that part, the only thing they fail was on presenting it before they tested, that's reeeally bad. I think they need to apologize for that. but apart from that. the new Helminith system will be Awesome, and no only the frames have abilities, the helmilith have is owns! and we do not know yet what they are.

Meme Eating GIF

I dont have to smell the poo to know it stinks....

• Like 2
1 minute ago, (NSW)H4YKEN1987 said:

i have a better one, WHY IS GAMORA? 

.... also you don't have to go that far, think on the Rivens of MR16.

Mr do not reperesent a Veteran player. they need to work on a new way of represent a veteran player. form here is easy to be a critic. but back there they need to change a lot of things. so is enough to have a new complete expanded world nowdays than nothing.

We had something just for us. It was called Plains of Eidolon. Back before release, Night time would literally force EVERYONE without a certain MR or maxed gear OUT. Terry would start to come out, Grineer would freak out and leave, and the newer players would get on their Arcwings and dip out. That was literally shown during live gameplay at TennoCon. What did we get? A stripped down version. We use to have Raids, but even those weren't MR locked or barred from newer players. This system was MEANT for people like myself who have literally nothing else to do but farm. I was working on farming a second Nidus since my current one is already Forma'd. Now, I got no reason to farm it again. There is already so much for newer players to do, why can't we have one nice thing? Newer players get damn near everything as is. It's annoying and frustrating. As I said earlier, I was MR 8 in the first damn week when I joined. I was crushing Stalker with Rhino, which at the time was MR locked to MR 2. Mastery Ranks really don't mean anything. Didn't back then, definitely don't now, it's just an arbitrary time gate. But it's why so many people, myself included, wanted this system to be locked to MR 15, and even higher. It means you spent time playing the game, and that if you stuck this long, you know a thing or two already. You at the very least know about basic concepts like armor, shield gating, resource recovery, and spawn mechanics. What we're getting now is something that any new player will get to experience within the first or second week, then they can dip out after a month.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, (NSW)H4YKEN1987 said:

You people, are being ungrateful... there are a lot of frames, we don't even even 2 abilities, this system will make better that part, the only thing they fail was on presenting it before they tested, that's a reeeally bad. I think they need to apologize for that. but apart from that. the new Helminith system will be Awesome, and no only the frames have abilities, the helmilith have is owns! and we do not know yet what they are.

Meme Eating GIF

Don't bold all letters. But yeah, I can see too that everything given is a bonus, so can't complain. But if you invested time farming those doners, then DE is still guilty of spreading misinformation like a boss hinting promotion to trick employees into working harder but never giving out promotions. However that GIF makes you seem more jerk than classy... I recommend not bolding and using better GIFs. 

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Egathentale said:

If DE was running a restaurant, I imagine they would announce a new menu, with ten dishes out of which five were terrible, three were barely edible, and two were actually really good, and then the next day they would put out a new menu and tell you that they took all the salt and spices out of the best dishes, because for some reason everyone picked them, and they want to promote varied eating habits.

The only difference is that if an actual restaurant did that, they would go bankrupt in a week, yet DE have been pulling this kind of crap for years, and they are somehow still making money. I can't help but wonder if they are the stupid ones, or the joke's on us.

Love that analogy, perfect.

• Like 2

LOL MR8. Plebs. I was excited about this whole thing BEFORE roar was given and then taken away. Now it's just stupid. Good job DE lmao.

I would be far happier if you just DIDNT give us roar and didn't fcking nerf anything. We no longer want the abilities, so this whole system is now pointless. Amazing. Not even released yet and I already lost interest.

Edited by 9Drade
  • Like 7
hace 16 minutos, SpentCasings dijo:

Because the catchmoon is not useful or needed in all situations. you edit your tools to suit your needs. I dont need roar on all my frames, nor was it going on all of them. Quite a few? you bet, but not all. 

melee is not useful or needed in most situations, but is still the meta because it melts everything it touches compared to guns. 
i can do a solo tridolon with loki, but why would i do that if i have volt or chroma?
just because you can hinder yourself doesn't make it a better option. 

i like to use primaries rather than melee, but im not going to act like they are on the same playing field.

i prefer thematic rather than min max (thats why i would put dispensary on vauban and larva on saryn prime) but im not going to act as if roar and eclipse aren't the better options, just because i wouldn't personally put them. 

Edited by danberhe
  • Like 1

My heart is telling me - yesn't
But my mind is telling me - this will just turn into mandatory mods all over again.

And I quite disslike how more or less every mod slot on every thing is basically not even there, because there will always be a Serration to put in it.

• Like 1

So far the majority community consensus appears to be:

• Weaker abilities such as Decoy have no use besides being a gimmick at the moment. These abilities need to be buffed in a similar manner to Trinity's and Zephyr's
  • The majority of the community, but not all, agree that some if not all of these nerfs are unfavorable and undesired, a revert to these changes must be made.
  • MR 8 is a bit too low of an MR requirement. MR 15 was good enough for this type of system.

Are we in agreement in this case?

• Like 9
12 hours ago, quietcanary said:

Hey it would still be a bad idea to do it, but at least they would have given us the actual chance to test it and be ignored rather than to be ignored before we even have a chance to pretend to be involved. If you are suprised that gaz would be honest with his opinion if the end result doesn't change then I don't know what to tell you.

If they released the abilities as it was, and then nerfed (assuming they would nerft it anyways) the amount of negative feedback would be WAY higher than right now.
I'm not saying I agree with the nerfs, but I disagree with the mindset "release then nerf". It's like giving a child a candy, then taking it away.

18 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

To offer further clarification on why we changed the Mastery Rank Prerequisite to MR 8:

There's many factors that come into play in order to engage with the Helminth system, such as:

• Having an ongoing supply of Resources that you don't need elsewhere to feed your Helminth
  • Working your way up the Helminth rankings to unlock more features
  • Having Warframes your ready/willing to Subsume

Looking at the above, we can see that higher rank players will be more equipped to offer these things to Helminth out the gate, where a MR 8 player will start with more accessible/cheaper Helminth Abilities first before diving deeper. Thus allowing MR 8 players to participate in Helminth and grow as they go.

I've been playing Warframe from TotalBiscuit's first video on Warframes, and played casual since than, I'm still "only" MR24, you know what, I wish this system was MR25+ so I would have a reason to play the game instead of being spoon fed, people want to strive for something, a reason to continue playing, to achieve something, even new players, have you even watched the 100 days of Warframe video? You were so proud and happy about it, but lost ALL of it's meaning, to look up at high rank players and strive to achieve that, instead 100 days of Warframe would be 10 days now a days, "no a system for beginners", hey another white lie to add to the long list of lies from all the recent TennoCons, the game is as wide as an ocean but as deep as a puddle, SO many different systems and you can access all oftl them basically by day 10, "new player experience"? What new player experience, they are overwhelmed because you keep giving them literally everything.

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, Mordewolt said:

A tool has to do its job, if the larva range becomes too low nobody will use ice wave instead of the larva, because they do different things

Instead everyone will use Khora's Ensnare, because it does do pretty much the same thing as Larva.

Most early and mid game content can already be trivialized well before MR15... Helminth doesn't change that, it just gives us more toys.

• Like 1
Just now, danberhe said:

melee is not useful or needed in most situations, but is still the meta because it melts everything it touches compared to guns. 
i can do a solo tridolon with loki, but why would i do that if i have volt or chroma?
just because you can hinder yourself doesn't make it a better option. 

i like to use primaries rather than melee, but im not going to say that they are on the same playing field.

i prefer thematic rather than min max (thats why i would put dispensary on vauban and larva on saryn prime) but im not going to act as if roar and eclipse aren't the better options, just because i wouldn't personally put them. 

You obviously havent seen any of my guns, because i shoot more than i swing.....

If i'm running an arca plasmor, or any other short range shotgun im not also running a Catchmoon. I need something long ranged and accurate. Lex primes, Twin Grakatas, etc...You know...I edit my secondary to make up for a problem my primary has....Thats why your analogy is flawed. SOmeone else mentioned earlier using Roar on saryn. I'm not touching my Saryn. I use her entire kit, and i dont use a lot of power strn. Belive it or not not everyone runs a max range max power Saryn, so roar on her would be a complete hinderance to the way I play.