Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

1 minute ago, Isokaze_BestKaze said:

Breach Surge from Wisp, and Vauban's Tesla Bank ? Oh boy. Ooooh boy. Those two abilities are absolutely monstruous.

Thermal Surge from Gauss is also very interesting, due to its armor strip use.

I'm a bit disappointed that no tanking ability besides Defy are available. I was hoping to use Nezha's halo on squishier frames.

We get Nova's 1. It's fairly strict in how you'd want to build for it but it is a DR ability.

Just now, Simply_The_Cat said:

Bwahahahah, too late for that. Rivens are already in the game. 

Rivens are RNG lootboxes with the *potential* to be insane and require a HUGE investment to buy a good one from another player.

It's true that they are potentially gamebreaking but it's content that adds to every frame without taking anything away. This content inherently takes some of what makes each warframe unique and adds it to every other frame -- it's like playing a generic RPG and now you can cast the cleric's spells on the warrior. Why then do you need a cleric when the warrior can just heal himself?

Sure, you could give the cleric a sword. I'd argue that the warrior being able to heal himself is inherently more identity changing for the cleric than the other way around.

This is no different. Some frames are losing what makes them unique -- in the end we're going to have a generic way to play the game. Why would you actually play Rhino if you can just have the best part of Rhino on a frame that was balanced around *not* having it?

If i'm going into a mission I should really have to ask myself which warframe is ideal for the job, not how to make the one best warframe at the time deal more damage or be more survivable. It makes you feel bad for playing a frame that doesn't have everything in their kit.

2 hours ago, --Q--Candy said:

This is incorrect. You have stuff like Volt - Shock there. With the Augment this is a crazy Ability to increase dmg. Can we get a limitation there too?

Shuriken + Seekign Shuriken = Remove Armor from all enemies... Now even grineer are a joke like all other factions.
Rest & Rage = Now you can bee your own Sleep Equinox to power level / fokus farm.
Nourish = Extremly strong toxin buff. The quote from above applies here.
Smite + Smite Infusion = Same thing as the Quote applies here and it even has scaling dmg...
Dispensary = Endless Energy for all Warframes.... This doesnt seem broken at all...

This system needs Heavy Nerfs and active maintenance.This has the potential to kill the balance in this game forever. If it will be relased like this and wont get balanced very often you can say goodbye to all sorts of Balance in this game.
I hope that you will do something about this, else we can say goodbye to ever have any challenge in this game.

(Shutout to the comment from --Q--FSK41 a few posts down. This System will kill everything)

how about no

it's because people like you we don't get to have fun with the things they release, if you think it's too good, don't use it, easy

Null Star looks like it could really be exploited for crazy damage resist on frames that are already super tanky. I am assuming there is a straight 90% damage reduction cap from abilities so there isn't a case of 90%+90% happening (before adaptation)

Aside from screaming about the balance of the system since the Tenno are practically gods, isn't the point of the Helminth system sort of a fun alchemy? There are posts that marvel over the combinations of certain abilities with other frames (Valkyr's Warcry into Excalibur).

I'm willing to give the system a chance since there are many combinations to combine, and while there will be a "meta", it won't be as limited as Kitgun parts.

2 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

That was my initial thought as well, but I struggle to find anything I'd rather have, since the rest of her kit basically does everything. Even short-range portals can be used to bypass forcefields and laser gates in spy vaults and such, and I enjoy using such shortcuts.

For me that is a bit different at least. I usually kiddo my way through spy vaults as I have been using the system heavily since it released in its updated form. I do still use Portals from time to time, but usually as a portal built nova specifically.

And hey that config can stay as it is 🙂

But. what to replace it for in the config I want to change is still in consideration.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

What about Damage buffing Abilities?

As you can see, we have two Abilities that increase damage: Mirage’s Eclipse, and Rhino’s Roar. We are creating a special case for these Abilities when infused on Warframes with similar Abilities (i.e Chroma, Mirage, Rhino, Octavia). When you infuse these, you will receive a prompt that you can only have 1 Damage Buffing ability at a time, and thus you are limited to replacing said ability type. Which is to say - Damage Buffing abilities can only be swapped with Damage Buffing Abilities on Warframes that already have them. However, that limitation does not apply to the other 30+ Warframes. 

1 hour ago, Dexal said:

Have you read this?

Doesnt matter. According to current list, i think we are able to change Volt 4 with Rhino roar. So Volt 1 with augment and roar at same time. 2 damage buffers in one dude. (Actually 3 since Volt 3 also provides damage.)

vor 1 Minute schrieb (PS4)The_Verethragna:

I'm certain it's been said plenty of times already, but Dispensary is the most broken ability Protea could hand off.

Spend a small amount of Energy to get more Health, Energy, and Ammo. No need to build pizzas anymore.

Combos with Arcane Pulse and Energize.

All Ammo Mutation mods are irrelevant, especially the Aura mods. Even gives Heavy Ammo infinitely when Fluctus can be used in normal missions.

Actually, considering that there are weapons with reduced ammo pools specifically because of how powerful they are (Bramma comes to mind), it's basically "spend energy to ignore balancing features."

I know this is supposed to be an "endgame" system meant for experienced players, but geez.

I honestly don't get why you think this is over powered, as you already mentioned energy and health and ammo pizzas are already a thing and they are even better bc they are easier and faster to use. And for archwing ammo, since it starting to drop from normal enemies I have never ran out of ammo with my fluctus, have been running around for 30+ min wildly shooting around in arbitration missions and didn't have any concerns about ammo. I honestly would not put this ability on any frame I can think of, the only thing I will do is replace this ability on protea herself with pretty much any other ability 

Super excited about the update! And I’m so glad we’re getting some actually useful abilities to experiment with, I already know Dispensary is gonna go on like half of my arsenal lol

On a side note this is probably the first time we’re getting basically endgame customization options, really wanna know how it turns out

Just now, Duality52 said:

Aside from screaming about the balance of the system since the Tenno are practically gods, isn't the point of the Helminth system sort of a fun alchemy? There are posts that marvel over the combinations of certain abilities with other frames (Valkyr's Warcry into Excalibur).

I'm willing to give the system a chance since there are many combinations to combine, and while there will be a "meta", it won't be as limited as Kitgun parts.

TBH warcry on any melee-build is exceptionally good. Ma-boy Inaros just became melee god.

I feel like this system is balanced. Once you hit MR 15, you have at least some weapons that are already powerful enough to break high level content. The damage boosts like smite and roar aren’t really something to worry about as you can’t have more than one which is good enough to keep the game balanced enough.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We will use Rest or Rage depending on your Energy Colour. 

I dislike this.  I would prefer it be a tap/hold.  Tying energy color makes us jack up our fashion which is not on display more than ever with the new UI.  

As others have said, the game is already broken, and this will break it more.

I think what a lot oF people are missing is this is likely on purpose For a couple reasons:

1) because cool stuff is cool
2)  The growing size of warFrame makes it increasingly unapproachable by newer players.  Get Max MR today, even with all the power creep, is not the same as it was in 2015 or even 2017.  This gives newer players Faster growth and a way to sorta catch up at mid game (MR 15) to post game players (those of us that have Finished everything, still play, and usually Finish all new content same day.  They will never actually catch up to us because we have 1000s more hours of in game knowledge, 10's of thousands more plat and probably another 100k+ plat in inventory, and newer players simply can't bridge that gap.

This is essentially a better Version of World of Warcraft's pay to skip to level 100.

The reason it's better:
A) it makes old content relevant (temporarily mind, but still) rather than outright irrelevant.
B) It's Free

Downsides to the power creep For post game players is strictly irrelevant and here's why:

A) Steel Path was a joke to us on launch day
B) enemies will still require the same 1 shot to die, adding more damage means little, 1 shot is one shot, honestly For us abilities like warcry and parkour speed are more relevant For clear speed (ie, earning more rewards Faster).  Simply put the difference of killing enemies with 1 million damage or 100k damage is 0.  The difference of killing them Faster is Far more important to post game players (Faster = more rewards For the same playtime)
C) Farms are still capped at 2 hours unless you want an DE Autobot trade ban (which is a serious problem that DE needs to Fix).

Lastly, I think this opens up the possibility For another steel path mode which we post game players already wanted because SP was a joke on launch day.  One with new enemy types, new strats that need to be considered, new builds to invest in to counter those enemies, etc.

All this does is make things easier For the MR 15 Folks and that's really a non issue For a couple oF reasons:

1) They can't Afford in most cases to just buy 2 slots For every Frame till MR 15, so in most cases they will have to select what they want For helminth (which probably be easy access stuff like roar)
2) They are still trying to manage basic things at this level in most cases like getting primed mods and such and getting a simple stable of warFrames to manage basic content.

Hate to say it, but the concepts of Challenge/Balance left the building long ago, those still wanting that to be a thing are really living in a Fantasy.

IF anything I'm excited as a youtuber to be able to create really diverse builds because there won't be a 1 Build For X Frame anymore, or even with Diverse Frames like Volt, there won't be 3 builds... there will be instead a myriad oF things.  

Just analyzing the data I'm looking at my main, nidus and thinking, warcry is probably the best and most OP to stack on him, and I'm not sure iF eternal war will really be worth it to slot outside oF arbitrations (because I'd have to give up something important), and what would I replace?  3 or 4 ability?  Either way is basically removing both because then I never have a reason to be still aFter building initial stacks... probably 3 because 4 has extra CC... and to me that is nuts to think about keeping Nidus 4 because oF it's pathetic CC 😛

Maybe nullstar would just be an easier thing to manage, but warcry is a Flat out DPS buFF as well as DebuFF to the enemy which is basically a solid everything I would want For him.

But that's the thing, maybe someone else Finds more use in his 3 because they preFer to buFF allies For a camp or something...  What this really comes down to is embracing playstyle and DE Finally just admitting the game isn't intended to be balanced, which I'm all For because it really isn't, hasn't been in a really long time (since rivens/arcanes) and I'm Fine with it.

I do just hope they learn that now we have 2 things that we have that we don't need or have space to use effectively, both umbral Forma and ability transFer are things that are unneeded buFFs to post game players, and it would be nice to have a place to use them.  In sort if I can clear SP on launch day, making my WarFrames even more OP doesn't give me a place to properly Flex... And this is ultra important to have in the game.  This is why the twitch directory is in the trash minus tennocon, because the game has no place For skilled players to showcase their abilities and we really need that.

Lmfao DE are you kidding right ? Giving pillage to any other shielded frames and u can be perma abusing shield gate...and you can already to an extent with brief respite, some augur mods and with or without a Decaying Key equipped anyway.

Actually pillage on other frames will be even better/broken because when Hyldrin goes down to 0 shields u need to wait those 3 or 4 seconds before u get shields up a bit to recast pillage since her shields are her energy so at 0 shields you can't recast jack shi_it, while on the other frames it'll be an instant recast because it'll consumes energy...You didn't think of that either did you? lol

Dispensary is broken as hell, without mentioning Roar , Eclipse...

For the first time i gotta say that the abilities you plan on sharing are utterly broken, i never thought i'd see the day when i'd ask for something to be reconsidered because of how utterly broken it's gonna make every frame...

There's a limit to powercreep and if you implement those abilities you're gonna cross that limit like you've never done before.

Thank you very much DE for what's looking to be a fantastic update.

Please don't listen to the naysayers here. A lot of us are really loving what we're seeing and are very excited to try this new system out!

To naysayers: Of course each update will bring buffs to the players and there will be progression in the game (like many, many other RPG games out there). What did you expect? Let people have fun and stop ruining the fun for the rest of us.

This update will bring us a lot of fun build customization options and many things to try out. Really like it. Great job, DE!

2 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Null Star looks like it could really be exploited for crazy damage resist on frames that are already super tanky. I am assuming there is a straight 90% damage reduction cap from abilities so there isn't a case of 90%+90% happening (before adaptation)

Eh you kind of need lots of duration for NS to get to that point.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

Warframes that are Subsumed join the Helminth in an eternal bond. They will live on in a Lotus flower that matches the colours of the Subsumed Warframe, as a permanent honor.

Will these flowers represent the basic colores of each Warframe or the color scheme the players applied to them?

vor 1 Minute schrieb (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson:

Dispensary give health energy and ammo not shields, Dispensary is a bad choice for her

Energy pick ups are converted into shields for hyldrin, hyldrin doesn't even have a normal energy pool

Archived