Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

6 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

It's not that difficult to shoot the spores to spread them, cast Miasma, and let that spread the spores.

Get back to me when melee can reach up to 50m range and can do this:

https://i.imgur.com/jM08p0v.mp4

You realize you're on Wave 7 right.....lmao. Soooooo cute that you think that's something special.

Just now, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

You realize you're on Wave 7 right.....lmao. Soooooo cute that you think that's something special.

2 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

Nobody cares about Steel Path if that's what you're implying.

And way to miss the point. Melee can't reach 50 meters and can constantly hit everyone around you by holding one button down.

3 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

And way to miss the point. Melee can't reach 50 meters and can constantly hit everyone around you by holding one button down.

If you don't care for steel path then maybe the Helminth isn't for you. 

Isn't it clear that this system was supposed to be for "very experienced warframe players " ? Not players on normal levels?

What I still find funny is how blinder sighted DE is when it comes to their thought process on these nerfs.

Do they really REALLY think that nerfing these abilities are going to suddenly make crap like Mind control more appealing? No, news flash DE. No one outside of those inexperienced MR8's that you're allowing to access this system are going to do it. 99% of the community is still going to slap one of those 6 nerfed abilities unless you nerf them into the ground to where now we have nothing but trash abilities to use.

By then you'll have just killed the system cause if all the abilities are trash then no one will use them, they'll just skip this system altogether. Is it so hard to buff the abilities that are garbage? Like Mind control, Decoy, etc? Or better yet, if you felt these abilities were going to be the overwhelming choice or too OP then remove them and replace them with equal garbage so that we know to just skip this update. Nerfing isn't always the solution you know, you have several frames with a mostly bad kit or useless abilities that you have refused to look at and fix. Maybe learn to buff abilities to they're just as enticing options as Roar, or Warcry. These changes just prove you don't stick to your promises and just want to deflate any hype you build for your updates.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)IrOrphanCrippler said:

If you don't care for steel path then maybe the Helminth isn't for you.

You didn't need Helminth for Steel Path right now. What makes you think you would now that you have it? 😛

The reason nobody cares is because there's no incentive to run it. Enemies are 100 levels higher, they get +250% increased life and defense, and what do you get for the effort? Just some cosmetics and maybe access to another Kuva farm?

Most people are still going to be in normal mode, getting the same rewards in Steel Path, for a lot less effort.

I play on public matchmaking and I've yet to join any teams or have others join mine in the Steel Path missions I've done (granted it's only been a handful so far). In normal mode, making or joining an existing team was constant.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)IrOrphanCrippler said:

Isn't it clear that this system was supposed to be for "very experienced warframe players " ? Not players on normal levels?

You being able to tackle Steel Path doesn't make you very experienced. Slapping on mods capable of melting enemies doesn't make you experienced.

55 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

Then complain after you are correct...Don't keep doing it beforehand.

Or you can be like me and only do it to get rid of crap skills/skills I don't use/ skills I am willing to lose which means anything you replace it with is a bonus anyway.

That's if I use it at all...

or we can keep on pestering about improving the ability like nerkros's soul punch to be something better.

vor 22 Minuten schrieb Pizzarugi:

I read some of your arguments and think you are a very clever and persistent troll at this point. Would you mind showing me a 200% Strength Saryn build with the duration (let's say at least 100%), range (around 200%) and energy economy required to activate Roar, Spores, Toxic Lash and Miasma comfortably consistent when required (we assume you replaced Molt with Roar if that's suitable) and - if possible - the survivability to not go down after a Kubrow farts at you? I'm actually intrigued how that build would look like.

5 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:
9 minutes ago, (PS4)IrOrphanCrippler said:

You being able to tackle Steel Path doesn't make you very experienced. Slapping on mods capable of melting enemies doesn't make you experienced.

Is your idea of an experienced player the fact that you can kill enemies on the 7th Wave of Hydron? 

*Normal Hydron btw.

5 minutes ago, (NSW)Siaw said:

Is your idea of an experienced player the fact that you can kill enemies on the 7th Wave of Hydron? 

Again...

19 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

The point of that gif has nothing to do with 7th wave on Hydron. You tried to compare Mesa to melee.

Adding your comment below for posterity...

32 minutes ago, (NSW)Siaw said:

And if you think Mesa is strong then you’ll freak out knowing that any Slash based melee melts enemies regardless of level.

Get back to me when melee can reach 50 meters and can hit everything around you with one button held down.

Your nitpicking is very obvious.

2 hours ago, (XB1)MetalxPhoenix said:

If you don't need more damage, why do you care if it gets removed? You don't lose anything, you will still 1 shot enemies 2 hours in. And it's Khora, what do you expect?

And Charge provides some degree of survivability. Have you thought of Nezha to use Ironclad Charge to supercharge his wards? Valkyr for even more armor? Inaros? 

The Armor buff is tied to your duration so the more you have the more it lasts and you can just charge again to keep the armor.

thats not what I said, what I was saying is that what abiltiies you will put on frame depends on frame and situation, some times you need survavibility, sometimes energy, sometimes utility and of course sometimes you need damage(for example inaros has nothing to offer to team, he has only survavibility so having damage buff for the team would actually be a great thing to turn this frame that has nothing to offer to team into frame that for example buffs team. Once again I am saying that different frames and situations have different needs,

I don't think anyone in their right mind is solely pissed because these abilities got some number tweaks.

The problem here is DE isn't addressing the 2/3's of the Helminth abilities that are trash. We were all hoping for some mild reworks at least, especially as a way to improve the frames to which these abilities originally belong. 

DE gave impressions there would be reworks to these, but turns out that just meant nerfs to the top tier ones. Misleading, and also massively missed opportunities to rework bad abilities.

1 minute ago, (NSW)Siaw said:

Get back to me when Mesa can kill any high SP level without taking half an hour.

Get back to me when SP is actually worth running for more than cosmetics or a harder Kuva farm first.

Nobody's running it, because you get the same rewards in normal missions for a lot less effort.

Just now, (NSW)Siaw said:

Why are you arguing about the efficiency of SP now? Can’t do a Mesa gif like earlier can ya?

Holy wow, you're nitpicking so hard. How many times do I have to keep quoting myself?

35 minutes ago, (NSW)Siaw said:

And if you think Mesa is strong then you’ll freak out knowing that any Slash based melee melts enemies regardless of level.

22 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

2 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

Again...

The point of that gif has nothing to do with 7th wave on Hydron. You tried to compare Mesa to melee.

Get back to me when melee can reach 50 meters and can hit everything around you with one button held down.

Not exactly melee, but close enough. When Wukong was first released in china, his ulti (technically a melee) can reach over 50 meters and hit everything around with 1 button held down. Unfortunately the rest of the world never got to experience this epicness, since wukong was also nerfed before the update was dropped, just like this Helminth system.  

ZmMu3TK.gif

Just now, kindablueish said:

Not exactly melee, but close enough. When Wukong was first released in china, his ulti (technically a melee) can reach over 50 meters and hit everything around with 1 button held down. Unfortunately the rest of the world never got to experience this epicness, since wukong was also nerfed before the update was dropped, just like this Helminth system.  

ZmMu3TK.gif

Thanks for reminding me this exists.

Watching that staff reach such incredible size is actually funny to see.

You know, the system in itself is/was interesting, really was looking forward to it! But this nerfing before an actual release along with a lack of numbers is just... bonkers to say the least. 

I understand the not wanting to have strong powers building up a meta, and a possibly difficult one to dislodge if not balanced correctly, but this approach of pre nerfing (and while it is bad news, I thank you for letting us know) I don't think it's the way to go. 

Also the lowering of the mastery rank I think is not just insulting to older players, but it's something that is such a major, strong change to Warframe I don't think should be so accessible to that sort of mid ground of players given how much content they already have to swim through.

I can understand it from a business side of things as accessibility does sell better but shafting older players in the long run like this isn't likely to end well. 😕 This isn't the first time this has happened but I gotta say, this might be one of the worst ones in Warframes history. 

Me and my partner were pretty excited for the HoD update, but I will admit this has reduced my excitement for it. Deadlock Protocol and Steel Path were good solid updates, I'd really hate to see this return to how "The Old Blood" and "Railjack" was handled. 

It's 4 days till the update, hopefully we'll get some more information then! 

13 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

or we can keep on pestering about improving the ability like nerkros's soul punch to be something better.

"Better" is subjective and players rarely advocate for ideas that are balanced.

Which is funny because the folks advocating for broken abilities are frequently the same ones pitching fits about balance and difficulty.

It's insane.

8 minutes ago, kindablueish said:

ZmMu3TK.gif

Funny thing is, if the Staff was something like that today maybe it'd have a chance to compete with Serene Storm and be worth using. Maybe.

But we live in a reality where it'll always be the first choice for being replaced by something offered by Helminth.

16 minutes ago, Culaio said:

thats not what I said, what I was saying is that what abiltiies you will put on frame depends on frame and situation, some times you need survavibility, sometimes energy, sometimes utility and of course sometimes you need damage(for example inaros has nothing to offer to team, he has only survavibility so having damage buff for the team would actually be a great thing to turn this frame that has nothing to offer to team into frame that for example buffs team. Once again I am saying that different frames and situations have different needs,

This is why Rhino is here and he is getting robbed. Now every frame can do his job and then the job whatever frame you put it on natively do. Have you thought of Wisp? Have you thought of Nezha who can even ward objectives and companions?

Whats the point of playing Rhino anymore? Please don't say Index.

Archived