Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

Anyone got time to dig up all the people who thought Rivens were going to break the game's balance? I'm having a crazy case of deja vu. 

Speaking of the past, this update is the most exciting thing in gaming for me since I caught mother#*!%ing Mewto in Pokémon Red/Blue on my original Gameboy, no joke. 

If they were using this to incentive buying frames, plat, and whatnot, it WORKED. I'm off to go spend $80 on Inaros prime because my old Inaros has a date with the helminth. 

22 minutes ago, Conchetulandia said:

if you're saying this should be "balanced" (nerfed) then I can only assume that my knowledge in this game is way greater than yours, so I can also assume that my builds are better.

Smite does percentage damage divided by the number of orbs. You will do the same DPS regardless of level on any Warframe. Rest and Rage provides CC and even allows you to solo level Focus, Warframes, and some other neat things. Volt's Shock Trooper (and similar augments) provide an elemental damage bonus that can become quite insane with loads of power strength.

If you don't care about balance, then please tell me why Catchmoon got changed, Dispositions get wrecked every 90 days, Xoris got nerfed, Nuke Trinity got nerfed, Loot stacking was temporarily nerfed, etc. Balance is important, and this system throws it out the window in this current state. It would be nice if this was addressed now so that DE is not burning my (and your) time.

12 minutes ago, KittyKath said:

I hate to say some people have Low Mr has been playing for as long as you guys: Mastery ranking up is a choice, you guys wanted to MR up but not everyone does... For some people it's just numbers, for me it's just numbers at least. I personally have my reason for staying MR8 for 2 years: And it's okay for me to stay M8 and it's also okay to MR up.

I have to say that I know MR28 people that have not much experience in the game and/or are not really good at the game: (I personally don't care as long as they are having fun). But I also understand Mastery is to an extend a good way to know how much experience they have in the game: HOWEVER, it's not 100% accurate.

If said Mr8 is fully capable of Killing a Level5 Kuva Lich, has access to arbitration, finished Steel Path... I do not understand why they aren't experienced enough for the new Helminth system.

(I'm not taking jab at anyone mind you, just thought I'd let people know because I have no idea how this post sounds- Erh, read? And I don't want to be rude, I just want to prove the point that you shouldn't assume people Skill and doubt their experience over a Mastery rank.)

Agreed. Im an mr28, almost 29, and can say i definitely just do it for the fun of it. I know plenty of low mr players that regularly do better than others closer or higher than me. There should be a system to keep less experienced players from accidentally blowing up their warframes with helminth, but not mr.

Maybe a checklist system, like they have for the rails. Defeat a lich, clear war within, 90% node completion, etc 

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Conchetulandia:

get out of level 30 missions and play some actual endgame, crybaby

Level 30, nice joke. Max level enemies die like paper after the HP/Armor scaling nerf. And this system makes them even easier to kill.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)MetalxPhoenix said:

That's not the point. What's the point of bringing Rhino if everyone is going to have Roar? Unless you are a Rhino main, the only reason you played him was because of his Roar.

Same applies to Valkyr. Mirage too, although her 1 and 2 for nuking is good enough to save her from being redundant.

What's the point of putting Roar on a warframe that doesn't build for strength? There are a lot of people posting who haven't fully thought this through. There's little point putting a range, strength, or duration ability on frames that don't build for that particular attribute. So no not every frame will have Roar because not every frame builds for power strength. 

Just now, -Kraeno- said:

I was expecting a damage reduction ability to at least make squishy frames last in end game 

There's a few in there, although they're indirect. Shooting Gallery will jam weapons, Chroma's ability can reflect some damage if you've got an ice color, Decoy will help squishy frames, Blood Altar will heal QUICK, Larva will cluster and give you time to heal, and Molt will heal you AND give you a decoy as well as a speed boost! 

My top two goals now are to give Molt or Shurikens to Inaros since I've got a Skjati ninja thing going on there with him (complete with sand clones!) as well as giving Breach Surge to Vauban. 

Sooooo excited!!!

1 minute ago, Pizzarugi said:

Enjoy the rapid burnout from cheesing the game and not having anything to challenge you.

different type of players I guess..been cheesing the game for years now and still keep coming back

10 minutes ago, Conchetulandia said:

if you're saying this should be "balanced" (nerfed) then I can only assume that my knowledge in this game is way greater than yours, so I can also assume that my builds are better

get out of level 30 missions and play some actual endgame, crybaby

lol, what endgame?

The Steel Path, that's only good for Kuva farmers after you buy everything else in Teshin's shop? Sorties that are only good for 1 day? Eidolons until you get the arcanes you wanted?

Did I miss any?

Warframe, to this day, still doesn't have an endgame. Endurance runs in endless missions are pointless past the first C rotation unless you're doing a Nightwave goal, with the exception of Index which rewards you a meme decoration.

This system looks like it has a lot of potential for more useful builds on frames and less reliance on squads for solo players. Looks like solo eidolons will become easier too with Oberon's 1. There will undoubtedly be cracks, though. I imagine at least one damage buff stack will be missed, or one ability will become ultra-prevalent. I expect multiple balance changes after release to account for the obscene level of customization/power creep this will bring.

To other players: If you feel like an ability will be broken and thus nerfed/removed: Don't use it. History of the game tells us that high usage stuff gets nerfed, and things that are clearly broken will also be nerfed. Play it smart, and adapt to changes. That's how it's always been, and always will be.

Just now, (NSW)StoneGhost said:

There's a few in there, although they're indirect. Shooting Gallery will jam weapons, Chroma's ability can reflect some damage if you've got an ice color, Decoy will help squishy frames, Blood Altar will heal QUICK, Larva will cluster and give you time to heal, and Molt will heal you AND give you a decoy as well as a speed boost! 

My top two goals now are to give Molt or Shurikens to Inaros since I've got a Skjati ninja thing going on there with him (complete with sand clones!) as well as giving Breach Surge to Vauban. 

Sooooo excited!!!

Your list is accurate apart from maybe Decoy, unless Decoy gets changed to be invincible (it should). Decoy is sad.

Like Loki in general, really.

12 minutes ago, (XB1)MetalxPhoenix said:

That's not the point. What's the point of bringing Rhino if everyone is going to have Roar? Unless you are a Rhino main, the only reason you played him was because of his Roar.

Same applies to Valkyr. Mirage too, although her 1 and 2 for nuking is good enough to save her from being redundant.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I assume people play frames they enjoy, not just to fill one role for their team. Sure people do this in meta farming groups but in general gameplay I rarely if ever see people bring Rhinos to buff a team.

3 minutes ago, GigabearPrime said:

OK, real talk. Why do I get the feeling the Helminth is playing us.

We're basically feeding it as much as it wants, and it's absorbing our warframes powers. What if it just took over the whole orbiter and became infested voltron?

hahaha. Good point! I also believe that Baro is collecting prime parts to equip an army in the void so now I have two "allies" to be suspicious of. 

il y a 42 minutes, Banelingline a dit :

Maybe, but that's Dispensory. Pillage is doing the same as it does now, but costs Energy on other 'Frames, so it's "just" a defense-stripping shield recharger.

My own take is that Roar is probably not going to be the meta for the simple reason that it's a team buff, so only one person needs it, so why not bring Rhino and stick some other big useful thing on the damage buffer that's virtually immortal? Like Dispensory to make that damage buff actually stick around forever and keep him not dying, while simultaneously giving everyone access to ammo and energy so they can actually make use of the damage buff?

I thought it would drain energy to refill energy. My bad, I misread 😅

Archived