Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

1 minute ago, ShogunGunshow said:

I mean, I'll be real, there's not a lot that's challenging in the first place.

Yeah, kinda started back when we got corrupted mods. It's become so much cheesier since, especially now that DE finally nerfed enemy armor scaling. 😛

2 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Smite does percentage damage divided by the number of orbs. You will do the same DPS regardless of level on any Warframe. Rest and Rage provides CC and even allows you to solo level Focus, Warframes, and some other neat things. Volt's Shock Trooper (and similar augments) provide an elemental damage bonus that can become quite insane with loads of power strength.

If you don't care about balance, then please tell me why Catchmoon got changed, Dispositions get wrecked every 90 days, Xoris got nerfed, Nuke Trinity got nerfed, Loot stacking was temporarily nerfed, etc. Balance is important, and this system throws it out the window in this current state. It would be nice if this was addressed now so that DE is not burning my (and your) time.

what you addressed in this comment are nerfs, you got that point, but what I'm saying is that in the other comment you posted you called it "balancing" when they're straight up nerfs, you're basically asking them to ruin our fun.
If you think Warframe, as a PvE game, needs this kinds of """""""""""""""""balances""""""""""""""""" (again, nerfs) then you got some issues imo

15 minutes ago, (XB1)MetalxPhoenix said:

That's not the point. What's the point of bringing Rhino if everyone is going to have Roar? Unless you are a Rhino main, the only reason you played him was because of his Roar.

Same applies to Valkyr. Mirage too, although her 1 and 2 for nuking is good enough to save her from being redundant.

Rhino is way more than roar, there is Rhino CC and Rhino index builds for example

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Ivara

Quiver

Empowered Quiver

Tap Cloak, Hold Noise. Augment only affects Cloak and Dashwire. 

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I WANT TO PUT NAVIGATOR ON MY EXCALIBUR AND RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS AS PROTO EXCAL PILOTING MY GLAIVE LIKE A HELECOPTER!!!

*literally crying irl right now*

1 hour ago, (PS4)NinjAsylum_ said:

No one cares about a PVE game being broken.  This is what we WANT.

So why did Catchmoon and bramma get nerfed? Why is Limbo always punished? Bramma was used by everyone and their grandma, so we get tools like some above complaining game's too easy. Bramma gets smacked with nerfbat yet in comes Helminth about to follow it by breaking the game. Balance does exist in Warframe despite it being PvE otherwise Catchmoon andBramma would be on every person's loadout and we'd all be romping SP at MR8.

12 minutes ago, (NSW)Badger said:

oh we can. give her Larva from Nidus instead of her 1. Problems solved. 

Nah, she'd still be a worse wukong. The way to fix her is to swap 4 for an ability similar to pillage, her 1 with defy,  her 2 for Roar. then finally swap her claws for an exalted shield that works like garuda claws

seems redundant but would love to see how warcry will work with maxed out battery gauss xD

edit: was shocked though why warcry for valkyr? I was expecting ripline to be honest. thought warcry is a skill that is unique for valkyr or a skill that makes who she is

vor 24 Minuten schrieb (PS4)IceRuneKnight:

How about stop crying about things that seem "broken"... There are players out there that play sometimes 6h of survival so don't judge when you yourself dont play such long runs. This whole crap about "nerf this and nerf that" is the reason why many veterans stop playing. For them such long runs are thrilling. Testing out how long you can go with frames solo or in a good team.

So stop ruining the fun for these people with your nerfing crap before it even starts. You should just test it first before you should criticize it. 

Long runs are not thrilling at all anymore, since the enemy scaling changes. It's just boring if you can kill lvl 9999 in seconds without buffing abilities.

I dunno. On paper, this looks like it could really break the game open like an egg. Realistically... I feel like it's not going to meaningfully change anything balance wise.

Like if Warframe was actually balanced to begin with, then it might be a different story here, but like. I feel like every concern that people have about this system is already a reality, and have been a reality for years.

Peacemaker and Roar is going to be godlike! Yeah, but Peacemaker already does more damage than you need for pretty much anything you're realistically actually going to be doing, so you're really just increasing the amount of overkill you're doing. Dispensary will let any Warframe have pretty much unlimited energy! So does Zenurik, team energy pickups, and like 6 other things. People will use Pillage or Null Star to become immortal! Immortality ain't exactly hard to come by in this game, either.

I just feel like Warframe is a game where it's already so easy to make things like resource management and enemy level and challenge absolutely immaterial that there's not really much of a chance of those problems getting meaningfully worse because of this system. 

I believe this system it's somewhat fair (Save for for the Rhino/Mirage/Mesa buffs, but i guess they make sense). My only issue it's that this system it's mastery 15. Many players can rush into this quite early, so i believe it should be 16+ for mastery rank req. (18-20 would be perfect imo).

I was super excited reading this until i got to Valkyr, while i don't disagree with the choice of warcry, I question if this will leave Valkyr as a frame that people play, as her ripline and paralysis seem to be used very little already and her claws can be out-preformed by other melee weapons, by taking her attack speed buff and its accompanying armor buff i feel like this leaves her in a very bad place in terms of being chosen to run content, does anyone else have any thoughts about this?

7 minutes ago, Conchetulandia said:

what you addressed in this comment are nerfs, you got that point, but what I'm saying is that in the other comment you posted you called it "balancing" when they're straight up nerfs, you're basically asking them to ruin our fun.
If you think Warframe, as a PvE game, needs this kinds of """""""""""""""""balances""""""""""""""""" (again, nerfs) then you got some issues imo

A nerf is part of the balancing process.

If there is to be no balance, fine, restore my Riven Dispositions, restore the Telos Boltace passive, restore melee punch through, restore Maiming Strike, Condition Overload, Greedy Pull, Chroma's old damage formula, Mesa's Peacemaker, Arcane Energize, Arcane Arachne stacking, Castanas nuke Trinity, Blood Rush, 99% Blessing Trinity with Self Damage, old Bladestorm, old Miasma with minimum duration, Limbo scaling damage on Cataclysm, Magus Lockdown, Catchmoon, Arca Plasmor, Kuva Bramma, Synoid Simulor, Synoid Gammacor, Tonkor, Exodia Contagion, Zenistar, Shield Disruption on Eidolons/Profit-Taker, Corrosive Projection, etc. Restore every balance pass that has happened to Warframe if you want an easy mode mess. See how ridiculous that list gets? This is the slippery slope DE has committed to, and clearly by the "we only have 2 damage buff abilities" after listing more than 2 shows the potential problems coming.

I would just appreciate some consistency. It's fine to nerf things for balance, but allowing players to give Shock Trooper to their Chroma after nerfing Chroma directly and indirectly over the years due to his damage output on weapons is just dumb. Plain and simple.

Just now, (NSW)StoneGhost said:

Enjoy complaining about how other people live their life. 

I wouldn't if press-4-to-win frames weren't dictating how I play by killing everything and leaving me nothing to do except walk to extraction.

Last I remember, Warframe is a horde shooter, not a walking simulator.

Funny how most people never consider how others feel about them taking away their fun.

23 minutes ago, KittyKath said:

I hate to say some people have Low Mr has been playing for as long as you guys: Mastery ranking up is a choice, you guys wanted to MR up but not everyone does... For some people it's just numbers, for me it's just numbers at least. I personally have my reason for staying MR8 for 2 years: And it's okay for me to stay M8 and it's also okay to MR up.

I have to say that I know MR28 people that have not much experience in the game and/or are not really good at the game: (I personally don't care as long as they are having fun). But I also understand Mastery is to an extend a good way to know how much experience they have in the game: HOWEVER, it's not 100% accurate.

If said Mr8 is fully capable of Killing a Level5 Kuva Lich, has access to arbitration, finished Steel Path... I do not understand why they aren't experienced enough for the new Helminth system.

(I'm not taking jab at anyone mind you, just thought I'd let people know because I have no idea how this post sounds- Erh, read? And I don't want to be rude, I just want to prove the point that you shouldn't assume people Skill and doubt their experience over a Mastery rank.)

Players with low MR can 100% be just as good as high MR players however I think they see MR as the max "needed" MR rank

As 15 is the last rank to unlock weapons and all levels after that are purely the normal MR unlocks of standing cap and the such

Balance guy prophesying about game breaking synergies in a power fantasy PVE game = fun cop.  

I've seen Mirage and Rhino in the same squad.  I've seen Chroma and Rhino in the same squad.

I dunno, the game seems fine to me.  

vor 2 Stunden schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

Xata’s Whisper 

Please reconsider that. Void damage's identity at this point is only to be used on eidolons. Outside of that it has nothing unique and good anymore because resetting sentient resistences can also be done by umbra's howl, paracesis and the shedu and none of these abilities deal void damage. Give out a different ability and let xaku do his void damage against eidolons as well.

If it doesnt work on eidolons calling it void damage is a lie and confusing. On top of that, void damage sucks. It has no positive modifiers against everything and has -50% against 2 very common and important health types in the game and if that wasnt enough the proc is also trash. Void damage has exactly one purpose: eidolons. If you dont want to finally give us an ability that can interact with shield phase apart from volt's shield then let xaku get damage other than void damage.

I am writing this because i have the sneaking suspicion that if you give out xaku's 1, it definitely will never work on eidolons and then we have found the most useless damage buff in the game by a long shot. There will never be a reason to pick this over roar.

5 minutes ago, VruxVrango said:

I was super excited reading this until i got to Valkyr, while i don't disagree with the choice of warcry, I question if this will leave Valkyr as a frame that people play, as her ripline and paralysis seem to be used very little already and her claws can be out-preformed by other melee weapons, by taking her attack speed buff and its accompanying armor buff i feel like this leaves her in a very bad place in terms of being chosen to run content, does anyone else have any thoughts about this?

Yep, same as Nidus

Actually, I don't see problems when comes to choose a warframe for fun

If you consider that a disadvantage, just replace one of her's efficiently irrelevant abilities to a new better :v

Kinda mixed on this tbh. Sure, power fantasy pvp game, and I don't have an issue with that, but I feel that frames having limits in what they are able to do has value.  Mirage and Rhino having powerful buffing abilities gives me a reason to play Mirage and Rhino. Warcry gives me a reason to play Valkyr. Augments like Shock Trooper alone would have allowed plenty of extra power to weaker frames without erasing the identities of others.

The "buff the hell out of my damage" abilities are the ones being complained about, but I think a lot of the others they've picked are very signature and very much part of why I'd pick a frame over another. Rest is a big part of Night Equinox. Besides just his tankiness, Desiccation is Inaros. Quiver from Ivara. Larva from Nidus. It's not that they are the most overpowered abilities in the game. It's that they are signature.

Granted, it's all optional, I don't have to put eclipse on all my frames, and I do feel that overall this will be a very nice addition to the game. But I do think a few of the abilities they've chosen should be repicked, not for the sake of balance, because there is no balance and there will always be that meta, but for the sake of allowing frames to keep their roles, to keep their distinctive abilities, and giving people a reason to try them out instead of just allowing every frame to do everything.

Between the naysayers and the others, I think they should find a middle ground. IMO both sides have valid points.

29 minutes ago, KittyKath said:

I hate to say some people have Low Mr has been playing for as long as you guys: Mastery ranking up is a choice, you guys wanted to MR up but not everyone does... For some people it's just numbers, for me it's just numbers at least. I personally have my reason for staying MR8 for 2 years: And it's okay for me to stay M8 and it's also okay to MR up.

I have to say that I know MR28 people that have not much experience in the game and/or are not really good at the game: (I personally don't care as long as they are having fun). But I also understand Mastery is to an extend a good way to know how much experience they have in the game: HOWEVER, it's not 100% accurate.

If said Mr8 is fully capable of Killing a Level5 Kuva Lich, has access to arbitration, finished Steel Path... I do not understand why they aren't experienced enough for the new Helminth system.

(I'm not taking jab at anyone mind you, just thought I'd let people know because I have no idea how this post sounds- Erh, read? And I don't want to be rude, I just want to prove the point that you shouldn't assume people Skill and doubt their experience over a Mastery rank.)

Basically, some people need to feel superior over others. That's all this is. 

20 minutes ago, (XB1)MetalxPhoenix said:

That's not the point. What's the point of bringing Rhino if everyone is going to have Roar? Unless you are a Rhino main, the only reason you played him was because of his Roar.

Same applies to Valkyr. Mirage too, although her 1 and 2 for nuking is good enough to save her from being redundant.

Oh I dunno, maybe the tankiness? 

Valkitty is a blast thanks to her new augment and her #1 is fun af. 

You're being pretentious, pretending you know why everyone plays ever frame. In reality, you're making stuff up because you don't want people liking something that you don't like. 

Archived