Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

2 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

Yeah, given the option to either nerf a few outliers or rework all warframes at the same time, why wouldn't you overhaul the entire game.

Because you're attacking a strawman.
Nobody says ALL abilities have to be top picks. HOWEVER, having more abilities being decent means i don't have to gimp myself to uselessness to pick a different ability, then i might actually give it a spin.
Meanwhile nerfing a GOOD ability only manages to make me have less useful options to pick from, at the limit invalidating the point of the whole system.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb GNDZer0:

Because you're attacking a strawman.
Nobody says ALL abilities have to be top picks. HOWEVER, having more abilities being decent means i don't have to gimp myself to uselessness to pick a different ability, then i might actually give it a spin.

But that's exactly the situation DE plans to deliver. Not all abilities are top picks, but more abilties are decent, because they're no longer overshadowed by a few outliers that are far stronger than anything else. They plan to deliver exactly what you want, you just can't see it because you're stuck in a distorted perception where you've talked yourself into believing that getting anything but the very strongest abilities in the game will gimp yourself to uselessness. Drop the insane hyperbole and you'll realize that it'll be fine.

34 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

The list of infused abilities is way better than anything anyone could reasonably have expected based on what was shown at Tennocon. No one in their right mind would have thought "they showed Shock and Ice Wave, I'm so excited to get Warding Halo and Vex Armor, oh noes, it's only Roar".

And why does DE think they will be popular? Because they are clearly the strongest abilites by far. You're stretching DE's statement well past the point of an outright lie.

Why do these Infused Warframe Abilities have these rules?
It was apparent in player feedback and play testing that these Infused Warframe Abilities had the potential to be the overwhelming choice; which is not ideal. Instead of changing the Ability outright due to those concerns, we decided to give them slight rules when Infused.

DE doesn't like when things don't see use based on the fact that other things are more popular, even though there will ALWAYS be a meta and some of these Helminth abilities just aren't going to be good. Roar, Eclipse, Larva, Etc are all going to be meta abilities because they are versatile and effective at what they do, it's not just that they are potentially, although not yet confirmed to be, "overpowered" with some frames. which we won't even know how "overpowered" they may or may not actually be till they start seeing use after the update. This is a preemptive nerf to something based on the popularity due to potential usefulness as a whole because we all know those are gonna be some of the most used abilities and we won't likely even touch half of them because the vast majority of the subsumed abilities are not good to begin with.

1 minute ago, Excalibur9 said:

What if we instead of complain on forums we show the actions by not playing or supporting the devs. It sends a much stronger message then just blabbering about it in the forums.

Though I appreciate the sentiment, I'm not so sure it does, the devs have often historically shown they've often best responded to one passionate response, (For example the no universal universal medallions guy, or the tiny selection of people asking them not to nerf Hema requirements) than statistics, or anything else for that matter.

Gerade eben schrieb Excalibur9:

What if we instead of complain on forums we show the actions by not playing or supporting the devs. It sends a much stronger message then just blabbering about it in the forums.

It doesn't matter anyway. Complain about it before you know what's getting released or boycott it without even trying it out, all you've proven is that what they actually deliver doesn't matter at all.

Had to remember my password since last time I used forums just to post here. 
Abilities being "overshadowed" by useful abilities is... Yeah, not the case. If the ability is overall useless and weak, it will be overshadowed even by an empty ability slot. So nerfs are not the best solution. But it's a DE solution. 
I was really hoping to create some custom frames like fire-themed volt or something, instead i get to replace one weak ability with another weak ability. 
I just wish I didn't get hyped for this and installed Warframe again after 6-month long hiatus. "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment", I guess.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb SnowKeeper:

Abilities being "overshadowed" by useful abilities is... Yeah, not the case. If the ability is overall useless and weak, it will be overshadowed even by an empty ability slot.

What if the ability isn't overall useless and weak.

vor 1 Minute schrieb SnowKeeper:

I was really hoping to create some custom frames like fire-themed volt or something, instead i get to replace one weak ability with another weak ability. 
I just wish I didn't get hyped for this and installed Warframe again after 6-month long hiatus. "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment", I guess.

Well, replacing one not-so-good ability with another not-so-good ability is exactly what they announced, so I really don't know why you got hyped in the first place.

11 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

But that's exactly the situation DE plans to deliver. Not all abilities are top picks, but more abilties are decent, because they're no longer overshadowed by a few outliers that are far stronger than anyone else.

This has been debated over and over and you're willfully dodging the arguments.
Those abilities don't really have any meaningful competition unless they get nerfed to the ground (at which point they become useless for their purpose and might as well not use the system). All you get out of these is gimping out abilities that were actually useful in detriment of spending the same time pulling a few objectively bad abilities up to par (which was the initial promise).
Abilities that are actually decent and not top picks right now are still going to be used. Nerfing these won't make them more used because the functionality doesn't match.
This is trying to mash the square piece into the triangle hole.

vor 1 Minute schrieb GNDZer0:

This has been debated over and over and you're willfully dodging the arguments.
Those abilities don't really have any meaningful competition unless they get nerfed to the ground.

It hasn't been debated over and over. You people have claimed over and over that this is the case, with essentially no argument for it except your own black-and-white-thinking. Repeating something a hundred times doesn't make it true.

il y a 4 minutes, Krankbert a dit :

It hasn't been debated over and over. You people have claimed over and over that this is the case, with essentially no argument for it except your own black-and-white-thinking. Repeating something a hundred times doesn't make it true.

Fine.

here a concrete example :decoy.

Decoy is useless on loki & will be replaced most of the time.

Decoy is the subsiumed abilities : on which frame will you use it other any other subsume ability ?

vor 2 Minuten schrieb papry:

Fine concrete example what about decoy ?

What about not decoy? I didn't say all abilities were great, did I? Did you ever stop to think why it is, that you only ever talk about Roar and Decoy, as if there was nothing in between? Trotting out Decoy is nothing but a strawman argument, and it's telling that every single one of you does it when the possibility of chosing something other than Roar is mentioned.

59 minutes ago, GNDZer0 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

SS001.png

https://www.warframe.com/deimos

Doesn't get much more official than this.
Tho honestly i get why you'd miss this, most people only saw the post or the presentation about it on stream so it's easy to miss.

Also just noticed that advertisement states

"Lying dormant in the Helminth is the potential for eight new Abilities, but you can also Subsume a Warframe to meld it with the Helminth and unlock that Warframe’s signature power! There are 44 possible Infused Abilities to acquire by using the Helminth."

Lmao

I'm not even going to reply to apologetic comments stating that this update is exactly what was advertised and we all interpreted it in a wrong way. 
The very video from tennocon states "Inject warframe with new abilities", not a word about the fact that you couldn't choose an ability from warframes roster and that it would be only specific one from the list of underused skills. 
This isn't even an argument anymore, it's just gaslighting. 
Only the time will tell who was right all along.

il y a 2 minutes, Krankbert a dit :

What about not decoy? I didn't say all abilities were great, did I? Did you ever stop to think why it is, that you only ever talk about Roar and Decoy, as if there was nothing in between?

Okay spectrorage then ?

vor 7 Minuten schrieb papry:

Okay spectrorage then ?

Please point out my exact comment which you think can in good faith be interpreted to mean that I think this nerf will make all abilities useful.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb SnowKeeper:

I'm not even going to reply to apologetic comments stating that this update is exactly what was advertised and we all interpreted it in a wrong way. 
The very video from tennocon states "Inject warframe with new abilities", not a word about the fact that you couldn't choose an ability from warframes roster and that it would be only specific one from the list of underused skills. 
This isn't even an argument anymore, it's just gaslighting. 
Only the time will tell who was right all along.

If you think it's gaslighting, go rewatch the video. You're misremembering it. No need to wait until time will tell either, you can do that right now.

52 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

I mean, her choice, but considering there was never any sort of peep, squeak, or anything. No 'hey can you please knock it off. backing off would be the better call.' Nothing?

I am rather disappointed even if I can understand her rational. I am FAIRLY sure this is due to my continued 'hey got anything ot say about the nerfs guys?' I've been peppering them with twitter due to their utter absolute and complete silence here.

Post this on Reddit.

4 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

Please point out my exact comment which you think can in good faith be interpreted to mean that I think this nerf will make all abilities useful.

If you think it's gaslighting, go rewatch the video. You're misremembering it.

I was hoping you'd say that I misremeber it. 
Go rewatch the video yourself then. That's exactly what I was talking about.
UPD.: Just prove my point. Any argument beyond this is useless.

34 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

Yeah, given the option to either nerf a few outliers or rework all warframes at the same time, why wouldn't you overhaul the entire game. That's the difference between you and DE. You can propose all you want because you don't have to care for feasibility. DE would have to actually do it.

Actually, even if the nerfs implies, say, half effectiveness, they might still be the most popular choices. Some of the options are just that bad - so yes, DE actually kinda have to buff all the useless junk in that list for the choices to be more fair. While not perfect by any means, this could be some guiding steps in the right direction:

On 2020-08-23 at 8:58 PM, Azamagon said:

Credit where credit is due; At least they are changing things BEFORE the launch, and not AFTER we've done our subsumings.

However, that's as far as the good goes. What they need to work on now, as others have already pointed out, is to make the OTHER powers good, so they can revert these "nerf-rules" on some of the few good ones.

And what is feedback without some suggestions?

Ash - Shuriken

• Casting changes:
    • Tapcast = Throw a homing shuriken which bounces over to 1/1/2/2 targets. Homing bounce-range affected by Range.
    • Holdcast = Throw a shuriken that goes straight forward, and has 1/1/2/2 meter punchthrough. Punchthrough affected by Range.
  • Effect changes = Now also lowers armor by 35%, or shields by 35% if the target has no armor (Strength-moddable). Staggers all struck enemies. Furthermore, at any time when an enemy is bleeding from Shuriken, if the bleed-damage of Shuriken (and Bladestorm, only relevant to Ash) is currently enough to kill the enemy, all this bleed-damage is dealt instantly, killing the target.
  • Augment = Seeking Shuriken Crippling Shuriken = Armor and shield reduction effects are doubled (i.e. 70%), and makes enemies unable to move on their own while they are bleeding from Shuriken.

Atlas - Petrify

• Energycost = Reduced to 50
  • Augment = Imo all loot-boosting abilities and augments should be removed while raising base dropchances across the board (farming skills are dull and promotes repetitiveness in an unhealthy fashion). I know that will be met with harsh feedback though, so I'll suggest this instead: Make killing Petrified enemies drop health orbs, and maybe a small chance of dropping energy orbs?

Banshee - Silence Crippling Silence

• Casting changes = Recast the ability midduration to remove the effect from Banshee.
  • Effect changes = In addition, enemies struck by Crippling Silence's distorting sound now also have their vision radius reduced to a mere 5 meters (pseudostealth!)
  • Augment = Savage Silence = Enemies opened to finishers from this augment are not just temporarily finishable, they are finisher-opened similar to how it works with blind-effects (you may use a Finisher on them once per cast).

Baruuk - Lull

• Effect changes = Recastable to make a new field somewhere else, but this removes the old field.

Chroma - Elemental Ward

• Honestly, I feel Chroma needs a bigger rework, but in the meantime:
  • Casting changes:
    • Tapcast = Cast the chosen elemental ward (recasting this = turn off the old one, and apply the new one)
    • Holdcast = Cycle the elemental ward (read on Ivara's Quiver for a new casting mechanic in regards to these "cycle abilities")
  • Effect changes:
    • Heat Ward = Buff on self is X healthregen per second (instead of max health). The effect on enemies remain the same (Heat DoT aura).
    • Electric Ward = Buff on self is X% shieldmax and X% shieldregeneration speed. The effect on enemies remain the same (stored up reflective Electric attack, but now with 100% status chance at all times).
    • Toxic Ward = Buff on self is X% movementspeed (instead of holster and reloadspeed). The effect on enemies remain the same (scaling Toxic DoT aura).
    • Ice Ward = Buff on self is X% armorbonus. The effect on enemies remain the same (reflective Ice attack, but now also works on melee attacks).
  • Augment = Everlasting Ward = Current effects baked in by default. New effects and name on this augment:
    • Essence Ward = When affected by any Elemental Ward, Chroma and allies gain X energyregen per second.

Ember - Fire Blast

Equinox - Rage (Rest is fine as is, imo)

• Effect changes = Staggers enemies on application. Also, for the duration an enemy is affected by Rage, it disarms them, forcing them to use their melee weapon.

Excalibur - Radial Blind

• Augment = Radiant Finish = In addition, killing enemies with finishers heals you for X health (a few hundred health or so).

Frost - Ice Wave

• Effect changes = Procs slash on enemies as well. Pushes back enemies who are frozen (maybe take away the pushback from Snow Globe?).
  • Augment = Ice Wave Impedance = Also boosts you and your allies' movement, slide and parkour speeds when on the ice slicks by X%. Cast time of Ice Wave also boosted by 25/50/75/100%.

Gara - Spectrorage

• Effect changes = Charm radius doubled. Causes knockdown on carousel collapse. Recasting midduration collapses the carousel manually (Note: You now need to cast twice to place a new one midduration, as the first "recast" only collapses it first). Also collapses upon time-expiration (not just on X mirrors shattered).

Garuda - Blood Altar

• Not sure what to add/change tbh (if that's even needed - I guess it's fine?)

Gauss - Thermal Sunder

• Imo, this is pretty ok as is. CC, moderate nuke, different status procs, and it lingers in an area.

Grendel - Nourish

• Seems fine as it's suggested as well. Heal and damagebuff should be useful enough.

Harrow - Condemn

• Augment = Tribunal = Current augment effects are now baked into the ability by default. New effects = Increases Condemn's shieldgain by 20/30/40/50%, and also grants 25/50/75/100% of the total shieldgain to all allies within Affinity Range

Hildryn - Pillage

• Augment = Blazing Pillage = The heat-bonus no longer requires Haven to be active (in turn, makes the augment function fully for non-Hildryn users)

Hydroid - Tempest Barrage

• Imo, Hydroid needs a complete rework, so I feel there needs to be more significant tweaks to him and his kit overall. However, in the meantime:
  • Casting changes = No longer has a holdcast; tapcast yields the current maximum effect, but remaining at 25 energycost.
  • Effect changes = First blast covers the entire area (meaning at least ONE salvo will hit everything in the AoE). Each hit not only deal damage and knock enemies down, it now also removes X base armor (similar to Shattering Impact), or X base shields if the target has no armor.
  • Augment = Corrosive Barrage Abyssal Barrage = Each barrage now causes Cold procs on enemies (instead of Corrosive, due to the ability already being suggested to strip armor and shields by default), while restoring X shields for Hydroid and allies caught in its blasts.

Inaros - Desiccation

• Augment = Desiccation's Curse = Chance to spawn a Sand Shadow is raised to 35/55/75/100% (from 35/50/60/75%), and additionally also increases the range of Desiccation by 15/25/35/50%. Sand Shadows now last until they die.

Ivara - Quiver

• Helminth changes = Now allows all Arrows for non-Ivara users.
  • Effect changes:
    • Dashwire Arrow = Hold the X-button for 1.5 seconds while on a Dashwire to remove the wire.
    • Noise Arrow Cricket Arrow = Same as Noise Arrow's current effects, but now it also addtionally causes a singular "vacuum-pulse" on impact, which teleports all currently lootable items (like ammo, credits, health/energy orbs etc) on the ground and gives it to Ivara. The "vacuum-pulse" radius is 20 meters (same as the noise effect). This finally gives this arrow a clear midcombat utility, which fits in particular with Ivara's "sitting up on a Dashwire" playstyle.
  • Casting mechanic suggestion = Please, seriously consider this "Cycle Abilities" casting revamp/option for massive QoL potential -> https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1186958-quiver-and-minelayer-like-abilities-a-new-casting-option-the-quick-access-numerical-menu/?tab=comments#comment-11519968

Khora - Ensnare

• Casting changes = Make it a onehanded cast (or at least free the legs so you can move while casting)

Limbo - Banish

• I feel Limbo also needs a rework to be more team-friendly (as suggested here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1210621-limbo-and-grendel-reworks-partially-in-reaction-to-heart-of-deimos-ability-swapping/)
  • If you don't wanna check the link, here are the changes to Banish (now called Rift Blast), straight from said rework:
  • Still casts a conical wave of rift energy. It violently explodes on enemies and gently guards your allies.
  • All effects now take place on all allies/enemies in the cast area, regardless of which plane Limbo is in!
  • On enemies: Enemies struck by Rift Blast are dealt 150/300/450/600 Impact damage and are all knocked down, while also being slowed by 65/70/75/80% for 3/4/5/6 seconds. They are NOT put into the Rift though. Furthermore, they are also affected by a debuff called Rift Touch, which lasts for 10/15/20/25 seconds. Enemies affected by Rift Touch are susceptible to Stasis' freezing effect (so that's only relevant to Limbo users), regardless of which plane they are in, and also pauses the slowdown of Rift Blast until Stasis wears off!
  • On allies: On allies: Allies are put inside the Rift and gain Limbo's passive effects for 10/15/20/25 seconds (including the toggle on/off being in the Rift on rolling - note that it doesn't remove the Rift Blast BUFF though). This means it is no longer disruptive for your allies, as not only do they get out of the Rift when shooting/meleeing/hacking etc (as per Limbo's passive), they can still also toggle it on/off whenver they want (The reason for being able to completely toggle it on/off is because perhaps a player is a Rage-user, and WANTS to get hit etc)
    • For reference on what Limbo's passive is in detail, please check the link above. TL;DR version though, is that it functions more like Ivara's Prowl (if you shoot/press buttons etc, you pop back into the real world temporarily)
  • Augment = Rift Haven Rift Mend = Instead, heals 2% of max health every second on allies affected by Rift Blast. This healing increases to 5% per second if they remain in the Rift. Limbo grants himself this regen-buff too whenever he cast Rift Blast (for the same duration as his Rift Blast would last on allies)
    • Since Helminth users of this ability+augment can't access the Rift without the help of another Limbo, they are then restricted to the lesser heal.

Loki - Decoy

• Casting changes = Recast the ability midduration to kill the Decoy manually (Note: You now need to cast twice to place a new decoy midduration, as the first "recast" only kills the first)
  • Effect changes = When the Decoy dies (be it by losing health, expiring in time or with the manual "detonation"), the Decoy blinds enemies in 3/4/5/6 meter radius (Radius-moddable) for 4/5/6/7 seconds (Duration-moddable), which opens up enemies for finishers. Also, upon the 2-ish seconds of placing a Decoy, the Decoy is immortal (during which damage taken is converted to health, ala Snow Globe and Molt etc)
  • Augment = Savior Decoy = This augment now also buffs the blinding radius by X%.
  • Augment = Deceptive Bond = In PvE, the Decoy just absorbs damage from Loki (i.e. the Decoy-to-Loki damage is removed)

Mag - Pull

• Effect changes = On cast, makes a landing "beacon" slightly in front of Mag, which is the point towards which enemies will be attempted to be dragged (basicly working as an anchor point so they don't fly past her, but rather tries to neatly place enemies in front of her). Also forces a Magnetic proc on enemies. Energy orb drop chance no longer requires specifically killing with Pull, but rather only that enemies are killed within 5/6/7/8 seconds (Duration-moddable) of being affected by Pull.
  • Augment = Greedy Pull = In addition, also grants a 25/50/75/100% chance that enemies who are carrying ranged weapons will have their magazines ejected, creating a random ammodrop from them and forcing the enemies to reload when they stand up again (Note: Enemies need to reload before being able the generate another ammodrop from them with Greedy Pull. Also note: Greedy Pull's loot-pull effect should of course automatically bring this ammodrop to you on the same cast).

Mesa - Shooting Gallery

• Augment = Muzzle Flash = Whenever ANYONE affected by Shooting Gallery (including Mesa herself now) gets 6 kills, the next shot by Mesa will blind enemies within 6/8/10/12 meters for 3/4/5/6 seconds. So, basicly the same, but now allows Mesa herself to trigger it (making it an augment you can use solo).

Mirage - Eclipse

• Helminth changes = No longer has its nerf-rule applied.
  • Casting changes:
    • Tapcast = Activate the ability
    • Holdcast = While the ability is active, holdcast to lock in the current Eclipse status light/shadow-status. Holdcast again to go back the to variable version
    • Augment = Total Eclipse = Revamped: Spawns 2 pillars of light and 2 pillars of shadows near Mirage (one in each of her "corner", like at the end of an X-shape), lasting 8/9/10/12 seconds each. Mirage or allies standing in a pillar of light generates 0,5/1/1,5/2 energy per second, while a pillar of shadow generates 5/10/15/20 health per second (both effects strength-moddable). Note: Standing in a pillar count as 100% light or 100% shadows (depending on the type) for Eclipse's effects (obviously very convenient for the new light/shadow "lockin" function), while standing in the centre of all 4 pillars counts as 50/50 light/shadow (which is the spot you'll be upon casting the ability).

Nekros - Terrify

• Effect changes = Affects all enemies in the radius (no longer target-limitted). No longer reduces armor, but instead increases all damage taken of affected enemies by 15/25/35/50% (still Strength-moddable), which now also affects Bosses. Further more, if an affected enemy has ran away in fear for 3 seconds (non-moddable) without taking any damage, they will stand still and cower in fear, until they take damage again (resetting the 3 second "cower-countdown"). Added so it doesn't disperse enemies TOO much without the augment.
  •  Augment = Creeping Terrify = Also multiplicatively increases the damage amplification on affected enemies by 10% (Strength-moddable!) per second that they have been affected (up to a max of +100%, with this cap NOT Strength-moddable, since the damage-amp of the base effect is already modifiable by Strength).

Nezha - Firewalker

• Imo, is fine as is. Speedboost, CC+minor damage and status-cleansing.

Nidus - Larva

• Helminth changes = No longer has its nerf-rule
  • Effect changes = Enemies killed, in any fashion, while grabbed by Larva, grants 1 Mutation-point (i.e. 5th of a Mutation-stack) to Nidus (only relevant to Nidus). Can be cancelled by recasting midduration by default, but then gains a 1 second cooldown before being able to recast.
  • Augment = Larva Burst = Also adds +50% duration to Larva.

Nova - Null Star

• Casting changes:
    • Tapcast with the ability not active = Activate the ability (defaults to defensive mode)
    • Tapcast with the ability active = Toggle between defensive mode and offensive mode.
      • Defensive mode = Protects Nova from harm. Upon being hit or when afflicted by a status effect, one orb is consumed, granting 1 second of 30/40/50/60% damage protection (including protecting against the triggering hit, and values are unmoddable) and status immunity for 1 second, during which another orb cannot be consumed. Visually, the orbs orbit around Nova in the current fashion when in this mode.
      • Offensive mode = Attacks enemies close to Nova. When an enemy gets within 7/8/10/12 meters range, one orb is launched at the enemy, dealing 100/125/150/200 Radiation damage, staggering the target and proccing Radiation status on it. 1 second attack cooldown, and prioritizes enemies not affected by Radiation procs. Visually, the orbs orbit around Nova in a more erratic pattern in this mode.
    • Holdcast with the ability active = Remove all Null Star orbs (the orbs just dissipate), allowing for a recast.
  • Augment = Neutron Star = Holdcasting to remove the ability will explode the remaining particles, dealing 100 damage per particle and knocks down all targets within 4/5/6/8 meters (iinstead of just Blast proc).

Nyx - Mind Control

• Effect changes = In addition, 30/40/50/60% (unmoddable) of Nyx's damage taken is redirected to the Mind Controlled target (which is dealt to it upon the Mind Control release). Opposite applies while Nyx uses Absorb (only relevant to Nyx using it). The ability is no longer cancelled by Radiation procs.
  • Augment = Mind Freak = In addition, the Mind Controlled target's attacks has a 100% chance to proc Radiation, with a 8/7/6/5 second cooldown.

Oberon - Smite

• Unchanged, as it's good as it is.

Octavia - Resonator

• Casting changes:
    • Tapcast = Summon a Resonator, like now.
    • Tapcast on environment/enemy midduration = Redirect the Resonator to a set spot/target, where it will remain afterwards.
    • Tapcast on the Resonator midduration = Set the Resonator to wander freely.
    • Holdcast = Unsummon the Resonator.
  • Augment = Conductor = Increases the movement speed of the Resonator by 15/25/35/50% when manually directed, and causes enemies charmed by Resonator to suffer 15/25/35/50% more damage taken from all sources. No longer considered an Exilus mod.

Protea - Dispensary

• Helminth changes = No longer has its nerf-rule.

Revenant - Reave

• Effect changes = Also has a base effect of 40/60/80/100 True damage, and restores 20/30/40/50 health and shields (this is on top of the max% effects!). If Revenant has full health, all excess health-healing will be converted to restore his shields - and vice versa. All shield-healing from this ability is capable of producing Overshields.

Rhino - Roar

• Effect changes = Can be recast by default. Staggers enemies in the radius. Boost rescaled to 15/25/35/50% (from 10/15/25/50%).
  • Augment = Piercing Roar = Adds 5 Puncture procs, instead of just 1, and adds +200% status duration to those Puncture-procs.
    • Augment (alternatively) = Piercing Roar Invigorating Roar = Causes affected allies to gain +5/10/15/20% movementspeed and 2/4/6/8 health regeneration per second.

Saryn - Molt

• Casting changes = Recast the ability midduration to kill the Molt-decoy manually (Note: You now need to cast twice to place a new Molt-decoy midduration, as the first "recast" only kills the first)

Titania - Spellbind

• Effect changes = Radius increased to 3/4/5/6 meters (from 1/3/3/5). Affected enemies will only float away (with very little momentum) for a brief moment, then they will be locked in place in mid-air.
  • Augment = Spellbound Harvest = Tweaked to grant 3/5/7/10 energy per affected target (Instead of needing to hit 4 or more enemies to grant 50 energy).

Trinity - Well of Life

• Augment = Pool of Life Force of Life = When Well of Life ends in any way, 4/5/6/8 projectiles are launched out from the target's position, homing onto other nearby targets, with each projectile dealing True damage equal to 40/60/80/100% of the amount of damage dealt to the Well of Life target.

Valkyr - Warcry

• Casting changes = Recastable at any time.
  • Effect changes = Attackspeed boost rescaled to 15/25/35/50% (from 10/15/25/50%). When you kill 6 enemies (unmodifiable) with melee weapons, a free mini-Warcry is released again, only doing the sloweffect on enemies (no buffing on allies/Valkyr) in half the radius.

Vauban - Tesla Nervos

• Effect changes = Always throws 4 Tesla Nervos, no need to holdcast.

Volt - Shock

• Effect changes = Debuffs affected enemies with 3/4/5/6 static charges (Duration-moddable). Every 2 seconds, one static charge is consumed, releasing another small electric shock, dealing 20/30/40/50 Electric damage to the debuffed target and one additional enemy within 7/10/12/15 radius of the debuffed target. This shock has 100% Electric status chance too.

Wisp - Breach Surge

• Imo, is good as is. It has both CC and a form of damage-amplifcation.

Wukong - Defy

• Helminth changes = No longer has its nerf-rule (I mean, it already has a cap anyway)
  • Effect changes = Its damage radius now is applied in a spherical area (so you can hit flying units better etc). Minimum armor bonus is raised to 100 armor (from 50), and this is affected by Strength-mods.
  • Sidenote: I honestly feel this should be swapped to Cloudwalker, as Defy feels far more "signature" to Wukong's nature than Cloudwalker does.

Zephyr - Air Burst

• Effect changes:
    • Tapcast = The pull-in effect functions continually for 4 seconds (duration-moddable) in the full radius, like a mini-Vortex. Tornado has higher enemy-moving priority though (only relevant for Zephyr)
    • Holdcast = The pushback effect functions contiually for 4 seconds (duration-moddable) in the full radius, functioning like a small repelling windbased forcefield. Again, Tornado has higher enemy-moving priority though (only relevant for Zephyr)

What do you think folks? Any good, or anything TOO good perhaps? What else could need some changing?

Archived