3 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

I don't think you know what "ad hominem attack" means.

Oh savior teach us the definition of ad hominem, we beg you to share your wisdom with us.

• Like 6
5 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

I don't think you know what "ad hominem attack" means.

8 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

I don't care. I never said the nerf would make all abilities useful, and the fact that you keep ignoring this and instead insist on debunking this strawman argument again and again tells me everything I need to know about you and your opinion. If you had an actual argument, you would have posted it instead of going on with this intellectually dishonest crap.

"marked by or being an attack on an opponent's character rather than by an answer to the contentions made"

you literally attacked "him and his argument" quite literally an ad hominem attack

Edited by skyrimplaier
  • Like 4
vor 8 Minuten schrieb skyrimplaier:

"marked by or being an attack on an opponent's character rather than by an answer to the contentions made"

you literally attacked "him and his argument" quite literally an ad hominem attack

Keyword is "rather than". I didn't attack his argument based on who he is, I inferred something about him based on how he's arguing.

vor 8 Minuten schrieb (NSW)Siaw:

Oh savior teach us the definition of ad hominem, we beg you to share your wisdom with us.

I get the distinct impression that you're so especially obnoxious because you know fully well that you're unblockable because of a forum bug.

Edited by Krankbert
il y a 9 minutes, Krankbert a dit :

A "strawman argument" is an argument you make up and present as the opponent's and then debunk. For example, people here pretend that I said that the nerf would make all abilities useful, then point to how Decoy is still useless as a counterargument to their own made-up argument, and then pretend that they just proved me wrong.

Okay fair point but first we tried to explain that the nerf will :

1) either have no impact because the damage is still so good that the other ability will still be regarded as useless if the nerf is too little.

2) the helminth system will be regarded as useless if the nerf is too much (because why bother with a ton of crappy ability)

Then you tried to explain that the nerf would be effective at which I asked proof.

Granted : none of us can provide any because the system isn't out.

So why not just releasing as is & adjust everything later : buff & nerf accordingly at that time ?

People aren't against nerf when they are justified but this one seems really missguided.

Edited by papry
  • Like 5
3 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

Keyword is "rather than". I didn't attack his argument based on who he is, I inferred something about who he is based on how consistently dishonest he's arguing.

it still stands because you never once stated a counter point to his argument you judged his character for arguing your point which is what ad hominem attack 

plainly states that "marked by or being an attack on an opponent's character rather than by an answer to the contentions made "

judgement of ones character without actually arguing with the person your still wrong here.it has nothing to with bashing his arguement by his character, you are so horribly wrong its not even funny

Edited by skyrimplaier
  • Like 7
vor 1 Minute schrieb papry:

Okay fair point but first we tried to explain that the nerf will :

Your entire argument is based on black-and-white-thinking, from the base assumption that ablities are either as good as Roar or as bad as Decoy to the fact that you present two scenarios and completely disregard the possibility that the nerf might be neither too much nor too few.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, skyrimplaier said:

you are so horribly wrong its not even funny

It’s like talking to a wall, but I’m pretty sure the wall would give better arguments.

• Like 5
vor 3 Minuten schrieb skyrimplaier:

it still stands because you never once stated a counter point to his argument

Yeah, no, I don't accept that. The fact that there are a large number of abilities that are useful while they only ever talk about Decoy is something I brought up numerous times during the last few pages. If you want to make sweeping claims about the content of my comments here, maybe try reading them.