Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

What exactly is going on here with the Warframe Subsuming?

Warframes that are Subsumed join the Helminth in an eternal bond. They will live on in a Lotus flower that matches the colours of the Subsumed Warframe, as a permanent honor. See below for an example of the Helminth garden after 5 Subsumes:

Reveal hidden contents

Warframe0178.jpg

Could we get those Lotus Flowers as Dojo decorations? 

7 minutes ago, (NSW)StoneGhost said:

If you hate it so much, do a solo, invite only, or friend only match.

Not gonna happen. Enemy spawns in solo are virtually nonexistent to the point it's no different if someone nuked everything. Try playing survival or excavation for a while and see for yourself.

7 minutes ago, (NSW)StoneGhost said:

You don't get to decide how strangers play.

And Saryn or other nuke players shouldn't get to decide how strangers play either, yet here we are.

But you know something? I agree. DE should implement a matchmaking blacklist so players like us don't have a reason to complain.

Edited by Pizzarugi
2 hours ago, VittiRayne said:

Please for the love of all that is holy, change this decision to make Limbo's Banish transferable.

People are only going to troll with it, people are going to complain about it, you will then nerf him AGAIN, just avoid this altogether and make it where the Helminth doesn't want to eat Limbo.

You already stated that it's a picky eater, and doesn't want to eat everything, or that you have to feed it certain things/variety - let's just NOT feed it a Limbo and avoid this nightmare PLEASE.

THANK YOU.

#SAVELIMBO

I'm afraid of Banish trolling too. Which is why I rushed some of my ideas to post this:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1210621-limbo-and-grendel-reworks-partially-in-reaction-to-heart-of-deimos-ability-swapping/

So nice 😘

I love that i can try out new combs with all these frames

PS: PLS Q just play it before you cry. Sure its a big buff for single players, but wheres the difference to a good team comp in the past?

Edited by woisen
51 minutes ago, (PS4)BURNMEDUSA said:

No buddy your wrong, im playing this game on PS4 and oh my God everyone running Bramma with Nukor and Kronen. That means they just want to be OVERPOWERED and with this new system that kind of poeple Will be running the skill that i just mention becasue in fact Mirage Eclipse and Rhino Roar gonna be the most used skill from helmint follow by saryn molt and the last wukong defy, and yes i play this game for fun i will try combination like ember with nezha firewalker or Rhino Roar on my volt and mesa or Eclipse on my nezha u know nezha damage reduction with Eclipse damage reduction ohh its so fun, it is fun but it just broken and many people say this game already broken why u guys keep b1tching this new system. The thing is for me this game are not broken but with this, this game will be broken. My point is im tired seeing people use Bramma Nukor Kronen every damn time and with this they Will choose some durable frame like nezha or Rhino or harrow and then combine it with either Mirage Eclipse or Saryn Molt ( only work with augment) .... ITS gonna be MOREEEE BOOOORIIIIINGGGGG oh and the worst part everyone tridolon Will use Mirage Eclipse because at night it Will constant 95% damage reduction. Or volt with Rhino Roar that makes rubico one shot without proper modding. 

First off I don't know about you but I'm gonna put oberon smite on trinity's 1 and solo Tridolon for poops and giggles.

Secondly there aren't going to be only 2 different builds because this now opens up possibilities for every frame to be viable everywhere. Sure there might be a bunch of people using similar abilities but are you seriously going to try to say you would be able to even tell in a game like warframe?

Lastly why do you care what people are doing to have fun this is like getting upset there are meta builds now, some people choose meta and some people don't. If you don't like that a lot of people use the most efficient strategy, it sounds like one of two things. First you're upset that there aren't more unique and efficient strategies available; which confuses me why you aren't happy that we are getting the variety and option to choose more. The second sounds like you are upset that there are any unique options at all and everything should be equally bad so it doesn't matter what you choose. After playing Black Desert online trust me when I say that second option sucks a whole lot more.

I just want to know why you think having more options will limit us more. Currently I haven't seen a Bramma since it became nerfed, and I haven't even seen any two parties I have been in for any mode I play to be the same. At least give the system a week let people try it out and condemn it for narrowing the Meta after people get the option to.

Give it a shot and try to have fun.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, juliantung083 said:

This is game changing, but I don't think this is a good thing. As there are few damage buffing and ability strength buffing ability, this could allow some DPS Warframe like Mesa, Saryn and Khora to be abusrdly overpowered. Those ability effect should be reduce or just change some ability allowed to be subsumed by Helminth.

...so then DE can make something stronger.

Everyone seems to think that the benchmark is the game as it is. They "overpowered" abilities might be necessary in the future. That's where we are headed BTW... there will eventually be a "Very Hard" to the Steel Path's "Hard" mode. 

• Like 1

1st off: Congrats De, for Continually & Bravely Raising the Bar.

2ndly: If you didnt play Dark Sector "When it Originally Released" ...... then you have no idea what Warframe is about!!! Phunny

& 3rd: Warframe has never been broke, Calm it Up. If Warframe becomes 2 Op, then DE will use the research & feedback from the Newly Released Content & adjust the game as needed. "THIS IS GIVING US THE POWER TO RECREATE OUR OWN WARFRAME" (Dark Sector 4Life)....... Is it just meeeeeeeee ???

• Like 1

Can we all stop tripping about balance  This is a system for MR15 plus players. There is no balance past the MR18 and up mark. Every single kit in the game outperforms every single ounce of content in the game, because as long as you have a slightly diversified build there is nothing that can stand up to any frame at Max tier. We have too many different options, and a huge amount of tools and utility that allow us to deal with literally every scenario in game. There is almost nothing different frame by frame other than the damage to kill us.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, linn4you said:

Can we infuse Zephyr´s Airburst with Zephyr´s Airburst to get the new effect?
if she doesn´t get the effect with the update of course

Big Brain.

there wouldn't be any reason you couldn't, but iF you read the patch notes: 

Zephyr Airburst Changes:

• Zephyr’s Airburst Ability now has 2 behaviours based on if you’re HOLDING to cast vs TAP to cast:
  • Zephyr’s Airburst original functionality is now activated by HOLDING to cast.
    • Generate a burst of massively dense air that explodes on contact and sends enemies flying. Launch Airbursts into Tornadoes to make them grow.
  • By TAPPING Zephyr’s Airburst, it now sucks in enemies instead of pushing them away. 
  • Increased Airburst projectile speed by 50%.
  • Increased Airburst casting animation speed by 20%.
16 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

Exactly this.

So, just so I understand, you are entirely good with the thought that your playstyle comes at the expense of someone else, right? There are other options than public. Everybody should not have to play the way any one person wants to play. I run public because I enjoy seeing different playstyles. If I want to confine a run to just my playstyle, I squad up with my clan or my alliance or I run solo. By the way, I love running with Saryn so I can smash her spore targets and spread the love! 😄

• Like 2
1 minute ago, woisen said:

So nice 😘

I love that i can try out new combs with all these frames

PS: PLS Q just play it before you cry. Sure its a big buff for single players, but wheres the difference to a good team comp in the past?

dude iam excited and really hope that De sees the positivity and not negativity in the comments. this idea is fun. like seriously. but people are understandably in what the heck mode. 

still really interesting combos.

building frames now to prep for it.

ash

khora

valkyr

protea

chroma

ivara

1 minute ago, (XB1)AbyssalRaven922 said:

Can we all stop tripping about balance  This is a system for MR15 plus players. There is no balance past the MR18 and up mark. Every single kit in the game outperforms every single ounce of content in the game, because as long as you have a slightly diversified build there is nothing that can stand up to any frame at Max tier. We have too many different options, and a huge amount of tools and utility that allow us to deal with literally every scenario in game. There is almost nothing different frame by frame other than the damage to kill us.

Yea it's true some people just wanna play some boring mmo from the early years. 

We're in the future now.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Xardis said:

How exactly will the quiver from Ivara work?

What parts are in and what are out, tap to cloak and hold to noise suggests only those 2, but the augment notes say that dashwire as well? Can you clarify that?

Id like to know that too :0

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

Not gonna happen. Enemy spawns in solo are virtually nonexistent to the point it's no different if someone nuked everything. Try playing survival or excavation for a while and see for yourself.

And Saryn or other nuke players shouldn't get to decide how strangers play either, yet here we are.

But you know something? I agree. DE should implement a matchmaking blacklist so players like us don't have a reason to complain.

Just giving you options since this is such a terrible idea. You missed the part about invite only and friend only though. 

With your sunny and optimistic disposition, I'm sure you've got plenty of friends to play with so you shouldn't have to solo. 

PS: You're exaggerating. The only mission where the spawn rate is a significant and consistent problem in my 2,000 or so hours has been the "kill enemies to keep control" bounty in POE. Other than that, I do 90% of my stuff solo. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, juliantung083 said:

This is game changing, but I don't think this is a good thing. As there are few damage buffing and ability strength buffing ability, this could allow some DPS Warframe like Mesa, Saryn and Khora to be abusrdly overpowered. Those ability effect should be reduce or just change some ability allowed to be subsumed by Helminth.

Not really. The noted Warframes (with the exception of Mesa) wouldn't benefit as much as they could, since a damage buff needs power strength, and building Khora or Saryn for that works but might not necessarily be optimal. Besides, what's the difference between those frames bringing their buff with them as opposed to just teaming up with a friend of theirs to do the same? If someone want's to buff the damage DPS frames deal, they will find a way, this update just makes such things easier for the rest of us.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Arniox said:

I like the idea of this update but I feel like it really breaks the identity of the game. 

Warframes are supposed to be highly unique for each one and each one is characterised by their abilities. 

We bring each warframe to specific missions because of their specific abilities. Like rhino for example. You're giving up his roar. For a very long time, rhino was defined by his roar and people only ever brought him for his roar. His huge buff potential. 

Now ant warframe can bring that. So what's the point in rhino? 

This update somewhat ruins the identity of future warframes as well now because instead of wondering what cool new powers these new frames will bring, we'll just be wondering what power can we put onto our main warframe we've been using for years now. 

I honestly never thought warframe would ever move in this direction and tbh, while I am hyped for the insane power creep this update will bring, I'm also saddened by more loss of game identity. 

Every frame will still have their identity. Rhino's "identity" isn't his damage buff, else it wouldn't have been chosen (if their initial talk they made at Tennocon still holds true, which I will assume it will). In my opinion, it's his Iron Skin that's his identity, giving him the ability to literally become immortal with the right setup. 

The point and identity of Rhino is still his ability to become immortal, and lock down entire rooms. His damage boost is a helpful thing for him to have, but not the focus of his kit. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

What exactly is going on here with the Warframe Subsuming?

Warframes that are Subsumed join the Helminth in an eternal bond. They will live on in a Lotus flower that matches the colours of the Subsumed Warframe, as a permanent honor. See below for an example of the Helminth garden after 5 Subsumes:

Reveal hidden contents

Warframe0178.jpg

Will the flower's colours match the default colours of the subsumed frames, or colours we set in the arsenal before we subsume it?

Just now, (XB1)Th3BelovedSaint said:

So, just so I understand, you are entirely good with the thought that your playstyle comes at the expense of someone else, right?

Why not? Nuke mains seem to think so, what with turning the game into a walking simulator for everyone else just by mashing one button.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Th3BelovedSaint said:

There are other options than public.

Try playing survival or excavation on solo. I have, the spawns are terrible.

If DE does something to fix the bad solo spawns, I'd agree with your point.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Th3BelovedSaint said:

Everybody should not have to play the way any one person wants to play.

Again, press-4-to-win frames seem to think otherwise.

Also, it's pretty presumptive to say I want other players to play like me. Not at all, I just don't want people to nuke all of the fun out of the game by pushing 1 button and walking straight to extraction.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Th3BelovedSaint said:

I run public because I enjoy seeing different playstyles.

I agree, plus I like having enough enemies spawn so I can reliably play survival or excavation.

• Like 1