Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

1 minute ago, Pizzarugi said:

Why not? Nuke mains seem to think so, what with turning the game into a walking simulator for everyone else just by mashing one button.

Try playing survival or excavation on solo. I have, the spawns are terrible.

If DE does something to fix the bad solo spawns, I'd agree with your point.

Again, press-4-to-win frames seem to think otherwise.

Also, it's pretty presumptive to say I want other players to play like me. Not at all, I just don't want people to nuke all of the fun out of the game by pushing 1 button and walking straight to extraction.

I agree, plus I like having enough enemies spawn so I can reliably play survival or excavation.

DE REALLY needs to fix orb vallis spawns, farming toroids is a nightmare because the enemies stop spawning everytime. 

4 minutes ago, (NSW)StoneGhost said:

You missed the part about invite only and friend only though. 

With your sunny and optimistic disposition, I'm sure you've got plenty of friends to play with so you shouldn't have to solo.

I have plenty of friends I game with. None of them play Warframe.

Thus I didn't ignore these options, they're just no different than solo. 😛

1 minute ago, (PS4)Tomplexthis said:

DE REALLY needs to fix orb vallis spawns, farming toroids is a nightmare because the enemies stop spawning everytime. 

Definitely agree.

Seems really weird that, for some odd reason, the spawns just disappear after a while so you're forced to leave.

6 minutes ago, juliantung083 said:

This is game changing, but I don't think this is a good thing. As there are few damage buffing and ability strength buffing ability, this could allow some DPS Warframe like Mesa, Saryn and Khora to be abusrdly overpowered. Those ability effect should be reduce or just change some ability allowed to be subsumed by Helminth.

Khora already scales to insane levels with even a semi-decent stat stick, so unless you're doing multi-hour endurance runs in Steel Path (which is something only a tiny fraction of players is even interested in) having the ability to self-buff will change absolutely nothing. And with Saryn or Mesa, these frames already demolish all low level content (fissures, ESO, shorter Arbitrations, sorties), so the only difference is in letting them scale higher in SP and/or longer endurance runs. And even that mostly affects solo, because normally in a long run you would take some sort of buff frame.

Honestly people are 1. overestimating the effects of these abilities, given the fact that unless playing solo, you can pick and choose F O U R synergistic warframes if you want to optimize 2. overestimating the need to even do it to begin with... I mean, what content in Warframe even makes people min-max? Eidolons, because you want to be really fast, and really long-ass endurance runs. Both of those things being VERY niche playstyles. In all other cases we already destroy everything in one hit. Fine-tuning at this point is just for the hell of it.

Just now, Pizzarugi said:

Definitely agree.

Seems really weird that, for some odd reason, the spawns just disappear after a while so you're forced to leave.

me and my brother have this issue EVERYTIME. as i was reading your comment hes doing excavation solo with terrible spawns. i despise toroid farming because nothing spawns. no enemies nothing. cetus wisp or sentient cores are easy. but the toroids have been ignored since launch. the absolute biggest pain to farm. 

26 minutes ago, cpl_loki said:

To further cut down on "being locked out of MR locked content", maybe, just maybe, build up to it? (not sure where this general feedback should go)

the second dream, you had to be mr3. 
the war within you had to be mr5. 
the sacrifice quest had no mr attached to it, just that you finished the chains of harrow and apostasy.
you couldn't spawn kuva liches without having the war within done, which still leaves you at mr5. 
the New War - Railjack had mr requirement of mr10 because of needing paracesis to use on the red crystal in veil proxima 
but they removed it when the scarlet spear event dropped which brings you back to mr5 being the lowest needed. 
steel path is not mr locked except for tier 6 bounty for earth and venus that required you to be mr10 but if you were taxied into the bounty, you got around needing that, that leaves you still mr5 as the lowest mr requirement. 

so essentially the story content (is HoD story? or sidequest?) jumped from 5 to 15, instead of just 10 to 15. 

so the argument comes from, why should it be mr15 locked when mr10, or some below, can do steel path and others without being carried (and i know mr15's that were carried by lower and higher mr to get through their steel path)? what actually constitutes as experience? there was no build up for the giant leap from 5 to 15. does that make sense? 

I think this makes a lot more sense

12 minutes ago, woisen said:

PS: PLS Q just play it before you cry. Sure its a big buff for single players, but wheres the difference to a good team comp in the past?

You don't need to play before you complain about damage boosting abilities. DE has been nerfing things for balance sake but they throw it all away with this. Why nerf riven dispositions, Xoris interaction, Kuva Bramma, and any other op weapon/frame kit if you're gonna revert all that on a massive scale of every warframe having it now.

5 minutes ago, --Q--FSK41 said:

Please no

Can you explain what balance you and your friends are talking about? 

5 minutes ago, --Q--FSK41 said:

also I am ONE of those players

I fail to understand how you can enjoy OP stuff and overkill so much that you spent over 12 hours on a defense and over 16 hours on interception, and still you say that OP stuff and overkill is bad?

Warframe was always like that, and that's what I always liked about warframe... Well... there is more of that now, comparing to 2013. And it is good! Immortal Ember, nuker Nova, Ogris, acrid.... then there as excalibur, saryn, mirage, mag... well many other things... DE likes to nerf stuff and they do that often, but overall amount of overkill constantly increases, and it is good!

Ridiculous damage reduction from armor was a problem, but then DE fixed that too, when they reworked status and armor scaling on mobs... But then somehow they brought it back with 250% armor buff on Steel Path, so you have to use stuff that does dozens of millions of damage to kill mobs with armor there. If DE adds that helminth stuff without limits to replacing abilities - that would give you more options with what you can pick for steel path... Basically weapons are mostly useless there without some very good buffs. Old chroma could probably work there, and you could probably make something similar to the damage buff of old chroma by combining damage buffing abilities from different frames... 

I like the concept but worry for execution here specialy about warcry its so insanely strong and could make frames like excalibur way to powerfull.

I think Paralysis would had been more fun to experiment with sense damage scales with shields.

3 hours ago, Server said:

Flowers of different colors blossoming from the warframes subsumed is a excellent and tragic touch. 

I MUST KNOW WHAT COLORS CHANGE WHAT PARTS OF THE FLOWERS SO I CAN PERFECT MY GARDEN TO MY LIKING. I WILL NOT USE THIS SYSTEM UNTIL I FIND OUT.

5 minutes ago, (NSW)StoneGhost said:

I've encountered a lot of Bramma users and typically employ a strategy that I call "go the other way and kill enemies somewhere else".

I mean correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't Warframe supposed to be some kind of coop game? The idea of "go to a different part of the map so you actually get to play the game" seems to be pretty contrary to that, don't you think?

Also the Bramma has a relatively limited AoE, and you can generally only kill enemies with it you can see. Saryn can kill enemies that the player otherwise wasn't even aware of. 

9 minutes ago, (NSW)StoneGhost said:

Its actually the whole appeal of this game, its all about those numbers.

I mean for me it's the fun mobility-based gameplay, the quirky art style, the customization, and the cool sci-fi/fantasy blend, but alright. I might be in a minority here, but I don't think numbers are all that special. A calculator can give me all the numbers I want, but you don't see me spending 1,900 hours punching numbers into a calculator. 

20 minutes ago, (NSW)StoneGhost said:

You don't get to decide how strangers play.  

That's the fundamental problem with nuke frames, though. People using nuke frames are deciding how strangers play by picking them. 

1 minute ago, Alice3005 said:

I like the concept but worry for execution here specialy about warcry its so insanely strong and could make frames like excalibur way to powerfull.

I think Paralysis would had been more fun to experiment with sense damage scales with shields.

Oh no, we cant have powerful Excaliburs can we? That's just wiiild.

Archived