Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

1 minute ago, BlackCat500 said:

I mean: no take-backs possible anymore now. You've gone and announced and showed it off. This will destroy any semblance of balance the game might still have had forever though. Disappointed, even though Deimos in itself already looked great enough as an announcement on its own. This wasn't really needed.

Good.

2 minutes ago, BlackCat500 said:

I mean: no take-backs possible anymore now. You've gone and announced and showed it off. This will destroy any semblance of balance the game might still have had forever though. Disappointed, even though Deimos in itself already looked great enough as an announcement on its own. This wasn't really needed.

deimos replaces derelict. thats something i didnt know

1 minute ago, (PS4)Zeik_Novalis said:

I don't understand why people are already complaining that this is too strong already when it's not even out yet... I'd do anything to feel uber strong in Destiny 2 but no everything fun gets nerfed to oblivion.. to all of those who actually enjoy nerfs i say to you... stfu go play dark souls or something and let the rest of us have fun being space ninja gods

I love the SoulsBorne games. 
Bloodborne is one of the best games of all time. 

At the same time, this uproar against nerfing.....I miss what the Bramma used to be. 

Just now, DukeOfMaple said:

But Why tho? Mastery rank doesn't really reflect a player's experience in the game. It only reflects how much time they spent ranking up trash and fodder weapons. A player can be a veteran but have low MR because they focus only on a few warframes and weapons. I really don't see the benefits of gating lower MR players from enjoying the update.

Thats an opinion  not really a fact since it doesn't apply to everyone. MR tests are just Proven ability thats all

2 minutes ago, BlackCat500 said:

boo #*!%ing hoo. imagine being delusional enough to think the game had balance or challenge to begin with. get out of your little pink bubble. the game's a POWER FANTASY. it's to blow up a low of stuff. even then, none of these abilities will break the game more than it is already, so get down from your cloud. everything's gonna be fine. just avoid the heart attack, your pressure's getting a bit too high.

4 hours ago, --Q--Candy said:

This is incorrect. You have stuff like Volt - Shock there. With the Augment this is a crazy Ability to increase dmg. Can we get a limitation there too?

Shuriken + Seekign Shuriken = Remove Armor from all enemies... Now even grineer are a joke like all other factions.
Rest & Rage = Now you can bee your own Sleep Equinox to power level / fokus farm.
Nourish = Extremly strong toxin buff. The quote from above applies here.
Smite + Smite Infusion = Same thing as the Quote applies here and it even has scaling dmg...
Dispensary = Endless Energy for all Warframes.... This doesnt seem broken at all...

This system needs Heavy Nerfs and active maintenance.This has the potential to kill the balance in this game forever. If it will be relased like this and wont get balanced very often you can say goodbye to all sorts of Balance in this game.
I hope that you will do something about this, else we can say goodbye to ever have any challenge in this game.

(Shutout to the comment from --Q--FSK41 a few posts down. This System will kill everything)

Shut up

I really like all these people complaining about "balance" of something that requires an uhh [checks notes] sometimes excruciatingly long grind, a warframe slot to fit the thing in and 84 hours of crafting time. And having the helminth fed. And waiting another 24 hours for the frame to be consumed.

In a game that just introduced a mode where unless you have a rivened weapon or a meta-adjacent frame you're SOL.

I'd say it's a pretty good risk/reward balance for these things.

Also it's really hilarious seeing quasar members in this thread whining about "balance". Boo-hoo-hoo this will impact your riven grifting, so sad. QQ some more, will ya.

3 minutes ago, DukeOfMaple said:

But Why tho? Mastery rank doesn't really reflect a player's experience in the game. It only reflects how much time they spent ranking up trash and fodder weapons. A player can be a veteran but have low MR because they focus only on a few warframes and weapons. I really don't see the benefits of gating lower MR players from enjoying the update.

They struck a good balance. You can get MR 10 in like a few days. Going to 15 shows going an extra mile at least. 

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

WARFRAME

ABILITY

AUGMENT

DEV NOTES

Harrow

Condemn

Tribunal

Hildryn

Pillage

Blazing Pillage

Drains 50 Energy instead of 50 Shield. 

I just want to confirm whether either of these augments function outside of the frame they were intended for.

Tribunal requires Penance and/or Thurible to even provide a buff, and Blazing Pillage requires that the enemies are linked by Haven - so neither of them work? Just checking.

4 hours ago, --Q--Candy said:

else we can say goodbye to ever have any challenge in this game.

Challenge already dead since Operators are a thing. Just accept it.

Warframe is now a game for casuals if you look at how DE handles diffculty. If you want true challenge play other games.

Ok... Soo... Lots to digest...

2 hours  ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Who is this for?
We consider this a customization system for very experienced Warframe players (Mastery Rank 15 Prerequisite). We do not intend to let newer players unlock this system. We intentionally placed the Segment deep into progression to ensure only experienced players could access the Segment and begin their journey with Helminth.

Should be more like MR20, plus full Steel path unlocked.
I remember not even knowing about corrupted mods at MR15...

2 hours  ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Do Configurations matter?

You can deeply customize by only replacing Abilities on certain Configurations, as seen in the Demo! But we would like to expand this further to demonstrate just how deep you can go.

You can have 1 different Ability infused PER config!

So if you have Excalibur in the chair - you could put Shock on Configuration A, Molt on Configuration B, and Firewalker on Configuration C!

For example, if you wanted Shock applied to Excalibur on Configuration A but wanted Configuration B and Configuration C to stay default with Slash Dash, you can do so!

Will we see an increase on base configurations because of this? I mean, i know you can buy some, but having to pay 10 play per warframe because of this game changing adition will end up stacking up. Either change the base number of configs to be 4-5 or give us a bundle that unlocks slots on all current and future frames for like 200 plat or something.

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

What does Ranking Helminth do?

As you feed and use the Helminth system, you will rank up! Each Rank unlocks something different - from a new power, to more Subsume Slots (max Rank Helminth = unlimited Subsume Slots), make sure you progress through the Ranks by regularly Feeding Helminth, Subsuming, and Infusing your Warframes! 

Maybe add the extra slot thing as one of these rewards?

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

What are the Helminth Abilities?

Helminth Provides unique abilities of their own - these are subject to change before launch, but here is the current list:

"EMPOWER"

"Increase the power strength of your next ability."

Sounds interesting, although a bit bland... I mean, i understand that the goal is for people to subsume things, but is it really necessary to add such lifeless things into the game, just as filler?

“ENERGY MUNITIONS"

"Imbue your weapons with ammo efficiency."

What does this mean? And why not something cooler, like a toggle skill that increases the effect of pet skills by 200% or more. That way, if one wants ammo mutation, he brings a Carrier with Ammo Case, but he might want more loot, so, Chesa with Whatever the "Chesecrate" is really called...

"INFESTED MOBILITY"

"Increase your sprint and parkour speed."

And then you add Firewalker as a subsume skill... Another one that's just filler...

"MARKED FOR DEATH"

“Stun an enemy, next damage you deal to it, will be dealt to all enemies around it."

Depending on how this interacts with range mods, and its base range, this could be actually awesome... Could have a great Interaction with Mesa's #1, or Nova's #2.

"REBUILD SHIELDS"

"Instantly restore shields."

Could be fun... But sounds like its encroaching a bit on Sentinel skills, and stuff like Protea's #1, Capacitance, and the like... Still can't say its a bad skill. Can't see myself using this, like ever... But sure. Honestly, it sounds bland again.

"PERSPICACITY"

"Your next hack will be automatic."

Kinda useless... I mean we have Cyphers, we have that one Parazon Mod... Maybe just buff the mod to proc more often, and make a better skill for Helminth? Or bundle more stuff with this? Maybe Since the warframe has more perspicacy he can idk have more crit chance, or crit damage? Or both? If it was, "Your next Hack will be automatic, and/or (wth the tap/hold thing perhaps) you have x% extra crit chance and/or crit damage for X seconds?" I could see people want this if it was that way.

"COMPANION HEAL"

"Heal your companion and call it to your side."

Please put this somewhere else. Or do the work and fix companion Ai so that this isn't necessary, and replace the skill for something that isn't a bad solution for a long standing problem?
Make it a default Emote or something... Its harsh to force players who care about pet gameplay to sacrifice one skill just because you can't fix Pet AI to not just stay there bathing in environmental hazards, or be stuck half way across the tileset getting killed.

"EXPEDITE SUFFERING"

"Hit enemies in a cone, affected enemies will have their Bleed and Toxin status removed and their remaining damage dealt in a burst."

I can see this be interesting... Would be cooler if it was radial. Like the trope where the hero already defeated everyone, sheaths the sword, and they explode. This could be that skill...

All in all, while some of the skills are interesting (ok, 2 of them), mostly just feel like something a person with minimal interest and cursory knowledge of the game would com up of the top of their heads. Its uninspired, and feel mostly like filler stuff to make the Helmynth progression seem less like what it really is, a way to stop people from having all abilities subsumed in the time it takes to actually digest the warframes... Which lets also add this... 23h? Why? So day one we won't be able to even use this. Because after almost a decade doing this, you still don't understand that low drop chances and long timers are not a fun experience, are not content, and are not rewarding. That's an obsolete design phylosophy that was only there because it worked in the Asian market and back when, most MMOs came from there.
DE's greatest flaw as a developer is that they still don't respect the player's time. We're often forced to go on lengthy grinds for minimal rewards, and sooner or later, like any dellusioned lover we'll realize that you won't change, and then what?

What Abilities are earned on Subsuming a Warframe?

The following table outlines the current Ability a given Warframe will provide on the Subsume action. This is subject to change before launch. 

WARFRAME

ABILITY

AUGMENT

MY NOTES

Ash

Shuriken

Seeking Shuriken

Seems good enough, honestly, expected this to be the case. It can be a bit strong with the ability to strip aromor, but fun.

Atlas

Petrify

Ore Gaze

This will be fun on my Nekros. Double loot abilities ^_^

Banshee

Silence

Savage Silence

Could be interesting on Warframes that open enemies to finishers...

Baruuk

Lull

Endless Lullaby

The reverse of the previous one?

Chroma

Elemental Ward

Everlasting Ward

Inaros with 200% health, do i need say more?

Ember

Fire Blast

Healing Flame

2 Questions: Will Purifying flames also work? Its an augment for Fire Blast, you didn't say only one augment would work...
Also how will the armor reduction component be calculated? Will it be 50% (most likely), or will it have other interactions?

Equinox

Rest & Rage

Calm & Frenzy

Could be an interesting skill.. It certainly continues the streak with Banshee and Baruuk of having skills that allow for finishers... I wonder if there will be any way to see which skill is being activated through the arsenal?

Excalibur

Radial Blind

Radiant Finish

Another Finisher thingy.... A pattern emerges??? I wish it had been the howl version...

Frost

Ice Wave

Ice Wave Impede

Great choice.

Gara

Spectrorage

Spectrosiphon

Not my favourite Gara skill, but i understand the choice... Moar Energy! Can be interesting with hungry frames...

Garuda

Blood Altar

n/a

Expected, but kinda meh...

Gauss

Thermal Sunder

n/a

A good AoE for AoE-less frames!!! Also the expected choice...

Grendel

Nourish

n/a

Toxic damage and a heal... Solid skill...

Harrow

Condemn

Tribunal

Expected, and can be a solid skill... Disruptions here we go?

Hildryn

Pillage

Blazing Pillage

How will Blazing Pillage work, since it requires Heaven to work? Otherwise, fun choice, Another energy replenishing skill!

Hydroid

Tempest Barrage

Corroding Barrage

Expected, and might be a good skill with the augment, on stronger warframes.

Inaros

Desiccation

Desiccation’s Curse

POCKET SAND!! Kinda had to be... Finisher Opener!! Again!!

Ivara

Quiver

Empowered Quiver

I thought the rule was "No Signature skills?" What can be more signature than Quiver... I mean the skill is so signature it's part of the model for the warframe... And you're giving us Cloaking Arrow? That's not going to make stealth frames even less relevant or anything is it?

Khora

Ensnare

n/a

Expected, Solid CC, Disruption here we go?

Limbo

Banish

Rift Haven

Well, given that all of Limbo's skills depend on this one, or his 4... No surprises here... Still kinda usesless. If it had self-casting, it would be incredibly broken. I mean Imagine this on a Mesa with self-cast... But like this. Warframe doesn't offer the kind of gameplay where putting an enemy "on hold" is really necessary. Will be used to grief a lot, i can promise you that!

Loki

Decoy

Savior Decoy

Expected, but kinda meh... I would rather use molt.

Mag

Pull

Greedy Pull

We knew this one, and it definetly will be useful with the augment... If we can spare the space for it...

Mesa

Shooting Gallery

Muzzle Flash

Maybe with this we'll see Muzzle Flash procs? Its a meh CC, there's better options out there...

Mirage

Eclipse

Total Eclipse

I mean, people wanted Sleigh of Hand... But given how strong the augment is, this was predictable... I don't know how broken it might get though. Even with the exceptions put in place.

Nekros

Terrify

Creeping Terrify

Not great.... I mean, having enemies run away from you... Meh. I'd rather have soul punch. Not even kidding... But it WAS the expected choice. There are better choices than this skill.

Nezha

Fire Walker

Pyroclastic Flow

Pretty good addition for speedy frames. One of the best choices.

Nidus

Larva

Larva Burst

Poor man's Vortex. Pretty good skill can synergize well with other warframes. Although its kinda the signature skill of Nidus, in a way, and one of the things that made it good. Not sure if Link wouldn't have been a better choice, in terms of keeping Nidus Relevant.

Nova

Null Star

Neutron Star

Probably the best choice. The damage reduction is awesome!

Nyx

Mind Control

Mind Freak

Mind Control might be a good way to keep Spores up forever, but i don't know if i like it otherwise...

Oberon

Smite

Smite Infusion

The expected choice, and not a bad one.

Octavia

Resonator

Conductor

Its an interesting CC. I can see it be useful.

Protea

Dispensary

n/a

Energy, health and ammo for everyone. If this isn't the most picked skill, i don't know which will be... Which makes it bad in a way. But honestly, the way Protea's kit was loaded, there isn't a good choice, given that her least good skill is definetly her 4.

Revenant

Reave

Blinding Reave

Expected, and might be interesting to use.

Rhino

Roar

Piercing Roar

Was not expecting this one. That damage buff will be OP... I worry it might make Rhino less relevant in "end-game" stuff though, since in many cases this was what made him relevant in stuff like Eidolons and the like.

Saryn

Molt

Regen Molt

Speeds! But Firewalker is better...

Titania

Spellbind

Spellbound Harvest

Here i was expecting it to be Lantern... Nah, just kidding, Titania is one of those Warframes where the choice was clear, and status immunity might come handy on those Eidolons...

Trinity

Well Of Life

Pool of Life

Another skill that might be interesting for Saryin? Especially with the possibility of energy gains from the augment?

Valkyr

Warcry

Eternal War

I wonder how Eternal War will look like on Volt...

Vauban

Tesla Nervos

Tesla Bank

Hah! Not sure if you're trying to make up for the pain you inflicted to Vauban with Protea by reducing the odds people will feed him to the Hemynth, or if you're just adding insult to injury...

Volt

Shock

Shock Trooper

Decent skill all around. I wonder if we can add this to Saryn for that corrosive melee dream!

Wisp

Breach Surge

n/a

Expected.

Wukong

Defy

n/a

Unexpected... I mean yeah, its kind of the less visually conspicuous ability that Wukong has... But it WAS kind of the skill people used to play Wukong for. Not so much the case now... But Extra armor... Might be interesting on Rhino?

Xaku

Xata’s Whisper 

n/a

Void damage added... Ok

Zephyr

Airburst

n/a

With the new functionality, it will definetly be better than Terrify...

What are my safeguards?

Since you can remove an Ability at any time with the click of a button, you’ll be able to safely experiment with many creative combinations.

For example, if you replace Grendel’s ‘1’, your kit doesn’t really work! If you change around or re-assign Abilities already assigned to Railjack Tactical use, you simply may not have one, or have a new one in its place! If you put Hildryn’s PIllage on Inaros, you don’t get Shields, but you do get diminished Armor/Shields on enemies on cast.
It’s all up to you - have fun experimenting, Tenno!

It would be cooler if you had taken such things into account... And added energy or health instead in that example. Yes it would take a lot of work... But this was your idea. No one asked for this. I think. I don't like this new direction of, "its ok because we said so in the forums". Because it doesn't. Just because you said that Steel path isn't "End-game" doesn't make the lack of reward restructuring for it, less frustrating, and a deterrant for a lot of people to enjoy it, because lets face it, its double the work for the same pay off... Which will make all your work spent on it that less valuable, because people will be one and done with it.
Same thing here, just because you say "we didn't take these things into account, so you do it instead", doesn't mean YOU SHOULDN'T!.

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

what about Damage buffing Abilities?

As you can see, we have two Abilities that increase damage: Mirage’s Eclipse, and Rhino’s Roar. We are creating a special case for these Abilities when infused on Warframes with similar Abilities (i.e Chroma, Mirage, Rhino, Octavia). When you infuse these, you will receive a prompt that you can only have 1 Damage Buffing ability at a time, and thus you are limited to replacing said ability type. Which is to say - Damage Buffing abilities can only be swapped with Damage Buffing Abilities on Warframes that already have them. However, that limitation does not apply to the other 30+ Warframes.

You guys and exceptions... Have fun with having to add new warframes that have these skills with every new release, or forgetting about it, having to drop a "oops" patch later on, and have the community hate you. Because everyone knows the best things in life are done with ammendments, and rule exceptions, right? I mean no bug has ever been created because of patching stuff with exceptions, instead of fixing core issues, right? Another thing that i hope doesn't become a trend, for all our sakes... Started with the Xoris, lets end that here, ok?

Cool thing with the flowers and the naming thing.

I hope the feedback from us goes some way to avoid another disapointing release.

Just now, ShogunGunshow said:

Ssssooooo, Xata's whisper. Infuse your weapons with void damage.

So we don't need to use Operators for Eidolon hunting or sentient resistance stripping, is what I'm hearing. 

When they announced the new broken frame, they said they hadn't decided yet if they would allow it to work on eidolons (it should and I want it to). 

But I'm not getting too excited yet. 

Roar Mesa, Roar Volt with Chroma stack for eidolons or any boss that comes along, Roar+Venom dose+Toxic lash saryn (yeah, that wont be broken at all xD) Roar Khora, and those are the ones i can whip out of the top of my head.

Yeah, i give it a week before this system gets nerfed to pointlessness.

(Tbh i dont care, game was already easy and always will be, including steel path, i have no problem to giving people more power in a pve game, but we all know there are some "balance freaks" working at DE so...

Maybe this is an opportunity to create a stage 2 of steel path with lvl 9999 enemies and triple damage or something)

Archived