4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Who is this for?
We consider this a customization system for very experienced Warframe players (Mastery Rank 15 Prerequisite). We do not intend to let newer players unlock this system. We intentionally placed the Segment deep into progression to ensure only experienced players could access the Segment and begin their journey with Helminth.

But Why tho? Mastery rank doesn't really reflect a player's experience in the game. It only reflects how much time they spent ranking up trash and fodder weapons. A player can be a veteran but have low MR because they focus only on a few warframes and weapons. I really don't see the benefits of gating lower MR players from enjoying the update.

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Turning the game into a walking simultor =/= "deciding how strangers play". 

I'm not controlling your playstyle choices by nuking the map. 

I am making the entire game irrelevant for both of us lol. How can you have a playstyle when you don't have anything to do besides run to the exit? :crylaugh:

I'm genuinely not sure if you're trying to support my point or refute it. 

27 minutes ago, (XB1)Ekindo117 said:

agreed. we shouldn't shut new players out of new content by mr locking it  so high. mr 10 would be reasonable because you CAN undo any ability changes.

How can a game motivate players if every aspect/feature is unlocked straight away? Mastery system is a way to "reward" proven ability. A mr0 player might be the No 1 best player but how would a game program know that. DE solution is controlled tests. As a reward for passing you get access to better stuff, most games uses a standard linier leveling sysem 1 to 60 instead.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, BlackCat500 said:

I mean: no take-backs possible anymore now. You've gone and announced and showed it off. This will destroy any semblance of balance the game might still have had forever though. Disappointed, even though Deimos in itself already looked great enough as an announcement on its own. This wasn't really needed.

Good.

2 minutes ago, BlackCat500 said:

I mean: no take-backs possible anymore now. You've gone and announced and showed it off. This will destroy any semblance of balance the game might still have had forever though. Disappointed, even though Deimos in itself already looked great enough as an announcement on its own. This wasn't really needed.

deimos replaces derelict. thats something i didnt know

This is a really cool system but please mind how broken it can get with some combinations. be on top of it before release rather than making nerfs after, it will get some hate otherwise

1 minute ago, (PS4)Zeik_Novalis said:

I don't understand why people are already complaining that this is too strong already when it's not even out yet... I'd do anything to feel uber strong in Destiny 2 but no everything fun gets nerfed to oblivion.. to all of those who actually enjoy nerfs i say to you... stfu go play dark souls or something and let the rest of us have fun being space ninja gods

I love the SoulsBorne games. 
Bloodborne is one of the best games of all time. 

At the same time, this uproar against nerfing.....I miss what the Bramma used to be. 

Just now, DukeOfMaple said:

But Why tho? Mastery rank doesn't really reflect a player's experience in the game. It only reflects how much time they spent ranking up trash and fodder weapons. A player can be a veteran but have low MR because they focus only on a few warframes and weapons. I really don't see the benefits of gating lower MR players from enjoying the update.

Thats an opinion  not really a fact since it doesn't apply to everyone. MR tests are just Proven ability thats all

2 minutes ago, BlackCat500 said:

boo #*!%ing hoo. imagine being delusional enough to think the game had balance or challenge to begin with. get out of your little pink bubble. the game's a POWER FANTASY. it's to blow up a low of stuff. even then, none of these abilities will break the game more than it is already, so get down from your cloud. everything's gonna be fine. just avoid the heart attack, your pressure's getting a bit too high.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, --Q--Candy said:

This is incorrect. You have stuff like Volt - Shock there. With the Augment this is a crazy Ability to increase dmg. Can we get a limitation there too?

Shuriken + Seekign Shuriken = Remove Armor from all enemies... Now even grineer are a joke like all other factions.
Rest & Rage = Now you can bee your own Sleep Equinox to power level / fokus farm.
Nourish = Extremly strong toxin buff. The quote from above applies here.
Smite + Smite Infusion = Same thing as the Quote applies here and it even has scaling dmg...
Dispensary = Endless Energy for all Warframes.... This doesnt seem broken at all...

This system needs Heavy Nerfs and active maintenance.This has the potential to kill the balance in this game forever. If it will be relased like this and wont get balanced very often you can say goodbye to all sorts of Balance in this game.
I hope that you will do something about this, else we can say goodbye to ever have any challenge in this game.

(Shutout to the comment from --Q--FSK41 a few posts down. This System will kill everything)

Shut up

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, ferferfer2 said:

but i wanted top put iron skin or warding halo on my inaros... 😢

I mean novas 1 will add way more bulk than iron skin or just slap mirages 3 on how you either have bulk or damage.

I really like all these people complaining about "balance" of something that requires an uhh [checks notes] sometimes excruciatingly long grind, a warframe slot to fit the thing in and 84 hours of crafting time. And having the helminth fed. And waiting another 24 hours for the frame to be consumed.

In a game that just introduced a mode where unless you have a rivened weapon or a meta-adjacent frame you're SOL.

I'd say it's a pretty good risk/reward balance for these things.

Also it's really hilarious seeing quasar members in this thread whining about "balance". Boo-hoo-hoo this will impact your riven grifting, so sad. QQ some more, will ya.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, DukeOfMaple said:

They struck a good balance. You can get MR 10 in like a few days. Going to 15 shows going an extra mile at least. 

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

WARFRAME

ABILITY

AUGMENT

DEV NOTES

Harrow

Condemn

Tribunal

Hildryn

Pillage

Blazing Pillage

Drains 50 Energy instead of 50 Shield. 

I just want to confirm whether either of these augments function outside of the frame they were intended for.

Tribunal requires Penance and/or Thurible to even provide a buff, and Blazing Pillage requires that the enemies are linked by Haven - so neither of them work? Just checking.

Just now, ShogunGunshow said:

Ssssooooo, Xata's whisper. Infuse your weapons with void damage.

So we don't need to use Operators for Eidolon hunting or sentient resistance stripping, is what I'm hearing. 

Doesn't work on eidolons.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, --Q--Candy said:

else we can say goodbye to ever have any challenge in this game.

Challenge already dead since Operators are a thing. Just accept it.

Warframe is now a game for casuals if you look at how DE handles diffculty. If you want true challenge play other games.

Edited by DrivaMain
  • Like 6