Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

3 hours ago, --Q--Candy said:

This is incorrect. You have stuff like Volt - Shock there. With the Augment this is a crazy Ability to increase dmg. Can we get a limitation there too?

Shuriken + Seekign Shuriken = Remove Armor from all enemies... Now even grineer are a joke like all other factions.
Rest & Rage = Now you can bee your own Sleep Equinox to power level / fokus farm.
Nourish = Extremly strong toxin buff. The quote from above applies here.
Smite + Smite Infusion = Same thing as the Quote applies here and it even has scaling dmg...
Dispensary = Endless Energy for all Warframes.... This doesnt seem broken at all...

This system needs Heavy Nerfs and active maintenance.This has the potential to kill the balance in this game forever. If it will be relased like this and wont get balanced very often you can say goodbye to all sorts of Balance in this game.
I hope that you will do something about this, else we can say goodbye to ever have any challenge in this game.

(Shutout to the comment from --Q--FSK41 a few posts down. This System will kill everything)

I say let’s see what happens first, I’d rather see how it fares in Steel Path before any nerfs happen since this seems to push players towards doing endurance runs in there more and from my what I seen in Dead by Daylight a pre release nerf is always worse than a post release nerf.

And besides, Energizing dash exists so we already have a better unlimited source source of energy than dispensary since we don’t even need to waste a slot on it and be glad we aren’t getting spores as an available ability or people wouldn’t have to think about builds and make a meta worse and more problematic than Saryn could ever dream of being as a result 

Also you know Mag removes armor WAY BETTER than Seeking Shuriken and remove shields as well right? Let’s just wait till it’s live then we’ll see if it needs that big ol’ nerf hammer.

4 minutes ago, maximumpingas said:

I really like all these people complaining about "balance" of something that requires an uhh [checks notes] sometimes excruciatingly long grind, a warframe slot to fit the thing in and 84 hours of crafting time. And having the helminth fed. And waiting another 24 hours for the frame to be consumed.

In a game that just introduced a mode where unless you have a rivened weapon or a meta-adjacent frame you're SOL.

I'd say it's a pretty good risk/reward balance for these things.

Also it's really hilarious seeing quasar members in this thread whining about "balance". Boo-hoo-hoo this will impact your riven grifting, so sad. QQ some more, will ya.

speaking of those guys, the #*!% is wrong with them? if anything they'll have even more fun. are they so life depending on grifting ?

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

To participate in the Helminth, you must obtain the ‘Helminth Segment’. This is acquired in the Heart of Deimos in the Entrati Syndicate and is then installed on your Orbiter in the Helminth Room to begin your Helminth journey!

This could potentially be very "yikes" if this upgrade segment is locked behind a high syndicate rank. If this is something that is awarded from completing the quest that seems reasonable. 

Well this system cant make things unbalanced, because people can create their own balance with these abilities, so its kind of opposite. Only balance issue is with certain frames getting double dmg buffs on top of what they already have. If one warframe has a dmg boost ability then they shouldnt be able to add second one. Having rhino buff on ash examples is ok, but not on chroma.

3 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

Ok... Soo... Lots to digest...

Should be more like MR20, plus full Steel path unlocked.
I remember not even knowing about corrupted mods at MR15...

Will we see an increase on base configurations because of this? I mean, i know you can buy some, but having to pay 10 play per warframe because of this game changing adition will end up stacking up. Either change the base number of configs to be 4-5 or give us a bundle that unlocks slots on all current and future frames for like 200 plat or something.

Maybe add the extra slot thing as one of these rewards?

Sounds interesting, although a bit bland... I mean, i understand that the goal is for people to subsume things, but is it really necessary to add such lifeless things into the game, just as filler?

What does this mean? And why not something cooler, like a toggle skill that increases the effect of pet skills by 200% or more. That way, if one wants ammo mutation, he brings a Carrier with Ammo Case, but he might want more loot, so, Chesa with Whatever the "Chesecrate" is really called...

And then you add Firewalker as a subsume skill... Another one that's just filler...

Depending on how this interacts with range mods, and its base range, this could be actually awesome... Could have a great Interaction with Mesa's #1, or Nova's #2.

Could be fun... But sounds like its encroaching a bit on Sentinel skills, and stuff like Protea's #1, Capacitance, and the like... Still can't say its a bad skill. Can't see myself using this, like ever... But sure. Honestly, it sounds bland again.

Kinda useless... I mean we have Cyphers, we have that one Parazon Mod... Maybe just buff the mod to proc more often, and make a better skill for Helminth? Or bundle more stuff with this? Maybe Since the warframe has more perspicacy he can idk have more crit chance, or crit damage? Or both? If it was, "Your next Hack will be automatic, and/or (wth the tap/hold thing perhaps) you have x% extra crit chance and/or crit damage for X seconds?" I could see people want this if it was that way.

Please put this somewhere else. Or do the work and fix companion Ai so that this isn't necessary, and replace the skill for something that isn't a bad solution for a long standing problem?
Make it a default Emote or something... Its harsh to force players who care about pet gameplay to sacrifice one skill just because you can't fix Pet AI to not just stay there bathing in environmental hazards, or be stuck half way across the tileset getting killed.

I can see this be interesting... Would be cooler if it was radial. Like the trope where the hero already defeated everyone, sheaths the sword, and they explode. This could be that skill...

All in all, while some of the skills are interesting (ok, 2 of them), mostly just feel like something a person with minimal interest and cursory knowledge of the game would com up of the top of their heads. Its uninspired, and feel mostly like filler stuff to make the Helmynth progression seem less like what it really is, a way to stop people from having all abilities subsumed in the time it takes to actually digest the warframes... Which lets also add this... 23h? Why? So day one we won't be able to even use this. Because after almost a decade doing this, you still don't understand that low drop chances and long timers are not a fun experience, are not content, and are not rewarding. That's an obsolete design phylosophy that was only there because it worked in the Asian market and back when, most MMOs came from there.
DE's greatest flaw as a developer is that they still don't respect the player's time. We're often forced to go on lengthy grinds for minimal rewards, and sooner or later, like any dellusioned lover we'll realize that you won't change, and then what?

It would be cooler if you had taken such things into account... And added energy or health instead in that example. Yes it would take a lot of work... But this was your idea. No one asked for this. I think. I don't like this new direction of, "its ok because we said so in the forums". Because it doesn't. Just because you said that Steel path isn't "End-game" doesn't make the lack of reward restructuring for it, less frustrating, and a deterrant for a lot of people to enjoy it, because lets face it, its double the work for the same pay off... Which will make all your work spent on it that less valuable, because people will be one and done with it.
Same thing here, just because you say "we didn't take these things into account, so you do it instead", doesn't mean YOU SHOULDN'T!.

You guys and exceptions... Have fun with having to add new warframes that have these skills with every new release, or forgetting about it, having to drop a "oops" patch later on, and have the community hate you. Because everyone knows the best things in life are done with ammendments, and rule exceptions, right? I mean no bug has ever been created because of patching stuff with exceptions, instead of fixing core issues, right? Another thing that i hope doesn't become a trend, for all our sakes... Started with the Xoris, lets end that here, ok?

Cool thing with the flowers and the naming thing.

I hope the feedback from us goes some way to avoid another disapointing release.

Tl;dr?

4 hours ago, --Q--FSK41 said:

This System is broken and will break the game completely,it shouldn't come into the game so many broken  combinations,for example mesa and eclipse/roar = who the hell thought of this. its completely unbalanced PLEASE DE do NOT put this into the game,since you made enemies paper the game is already quite easy but with this its literally broken

Please remove the damage BUFFING and abilities that do scaling/area damage it will break the game too much

Warframe was never difficult to begin with, its whole appeal is space ninja power fantasy.

Just now, mikakor said:

speaking of those guys, the #*!% is wrong with them? if anything they'll have even more fun. are they so life depending on grifting ?

Yeah. Quasars are just a bunch of scum who spends hundreds of hours sniping rivens and then flipping them for any profit they can make. Basically the face of riven mafia that DE refuses to openly acknowledge and deal with.

Just now, ShogunGunshow said:

No real reason, I suppose.

I mean, Magnetize does multiply the damage taken by people in the field from all sources. But it's usually not necessary to exploit.

If we really needed more damage like that I suppose you could just shoot a minor at the larva then smack it with a melee

4 hours ago, --Q--Candy said:

This is incorrect. You have stuff like Volt - Shock there. With the Augment this is a crazy Ability to increase dmg. Can we get a limitation there too?

Shuriken + Seekign Shuriken = Remove Armor from all enemies... Now even grineer are a joke like all other factions.
Rest & Rage = Now you can bee your own Sleep Equinox to power level / fokus farm.
Nourish = Extremly strong toxin buff. The quote from above applies here.
Smite + Smite Infusion = Same thing as the Quote applies here and it even has scaling dmg...
Dispensary = Endless Energy for all Warframes.... This doesnt seem broken at all...

This system needs Heavy Nerfs and active maintenance.This has the potential to kill the balance in this game forever. If it will be relased like this and wont get balanced very often you can say goodbye to all sorts of Balance in this game.
I hope that you will do something about this, else we can say goodbye to ever have any challenge in this game.

(Shutout to the comment from --Q--FSK41 a few posts down. This System will kill everything)

You need to curb your nerf hammer my dude, veteran have been asking for decent contents for a while, this is not meant for newer players as it requires MR 15, tons of resources and a fully built warframe. This is for player who have stuck with the game for so long that it doesnt matter what content DE pumped out it will simply be easy for them, might as well make it fun while we are there. Hard mode is not even hard for player with 5k+ hours like me, or maybe you, dont pretend like it is, so before you start shouting NERF NERF NERF, remember that there were times where the game allow spin to win to exist for years, pre nerf CO, Self damage trinity. I just dont get it, why are you trying to make Warframe become non-broken? The whoe game is built around your power fantasy, dont spoil it up for us, leave this update be.

1 minute ago, Aryo_Griever said:

so how does resonator work without mandachord?

Good question, didn't think of that...

2 minutes ago, ValloVN said:

Well this system cant make things unbalanced, because people can create their own balance with these abilities, so its kind of opposite. Only balance issue is with certain frames getting double dmg buffs on top of what they already have. If one warframe has a dmg boost ability then they shouldnt be able to add second one. Having rhino buff on ash examples is ok, but not on chroma.

There's also the potential to make some frames obsolete by adding their skills to others (like Nidus and Rhino).

I don't know, If it's kinda the theme or not but, all the Abilities we can subsume are either Damage Buffing Abilities or Health/Shield buffs mostly.

No Damage reduction ability, or 'Fun' abilities (mainly). 

We are clearing The Steel Path, with no issues with pretty much any frame. So, Giving us more power is kinda pointless, imho. 

I would like to see, Fun/Quality of life improving abilities to be shared. 

I hope you'll look into it.

Fingers Crossed.

6 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

And then you add Firewalker as a subsume skill... Another one that's just filler...

Oi, I want firewalker on my frames. Do you not understand the visual enhancements that ability allows? It's gonna be fun messing around with stupid mix builds.

Archived