Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

All these babys crying about the MR 15 is ridiculus.. this is no work at all.. just dont be lazy kids and play the game.. if you dont want to play the game you dont need that feature anyway. The thing that killed other games is that devs started to hold the players hands way too much and giving them everything they want for basicly no effort. For real tho, stop crying about problems that are not existing

3 hours ago, (PS4)NatK98 said:

Why are so many people from the same clan whining about this feature? 

It's almost like they were planning it 😉

But seriously...

Oh no, the enemies I was already 1 shotting are now gonna... Get 1 shot even harder?? This game is currently so easy (since the enemy nerfs) that if you aren't already 1 shotting level 9999, you should probably re-evaluate your YouTube builds... 

This update may have "broken" the game if it was released back in 2015, but it honestly will have no real effect anymore. I kinda like it. It symbolises the end of the game in a kinda "we don't give a flying crap about balance, go crazy" kind of way. 

And that's ok. After a long journey, experimenting and going wild is the last fun thing you can find to do, plus there's gonna be 2 types of people going into this:

1. Patch the weaknesses on a frame - AKA give Roar to Inaros

2. Buff the strengths of a frame even more - AKA give Well of Life to Inaros

1 minute ago, JenosIdallian said:

It's just a touch dissappointing we didn't see Hall of Mirrors instead of Eclipse.  Why you guys chose an ability that has been complained about for years as being unreliable as hell is beyond me.

Well atleast now you can slap it on frames that dont care which side they're getting? Idk

Just now, (PS4)Prooomz said:

Well atleast now you can slap it on frames that dont care which side they're getting? Idk

At the very least, change utilization to have a specific buff active based on the energy color or something.  Just drives me up a wall that Mirage continues to be ignored and neglected for so long.

Just now, JenosIdallian said:

At the very least, change utilization to have a specific buff active based on the energy color or something.  Just drives me up a wall that Mirage continues to be ignored and neglected for so long.

Atleast her 2 is pretty good with the augment. But atleast now you can replace her 4th with something.

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

As you can see, we have two Abilities that increase damage

Grendel erasure! 

Nourish Strike will be a very popular choice given it buffs both weapons and warframe powers and can add toxin procs. It's also recastable while active without having to waste an augment slot like with roar. 

Just now, (PS4)Prooomz said:

Atleast her 2 is pretty good with the augment. But atleast now you can replace her 4th with something.

Duct tape fixes don't really help.  And it's not like I could throw roar on her for a stable damage increase without getting rid of Mirage, so it doesn't really do me much good.

I'd reword your initial "Key statements"

Once ready, there are 2 key things this System offers:

- You can replace 1 Ability per Warframe.
- Every Warframe can be Subsumed to permanently provide 1 specific Ability to Helminth.

But later you mention

You can have 1 different Ability infused PER config!

So if you have Excalibur in the chair - you could put Shock on Configuration A, Molt on Configuration B, and Firewalker on Configuration C!

I would change the initial statement to "You can replace 1 Ability per Configuration Slot on a Warframe." to better get the idea across, as currently the 2 statements conflict.

On to what the system currently provides. Holy #*!% I was not expecting some of these powers like WoW. Elemental ward? Dispensary? WARCRY? Like these are amazing powers to dish out to *any warframe*. So now my question is, aside from those with mentioned changes, are there any other changes in the works for these powers? I.E. increased power costs, adjustments/reductions to their base stats when put on other frames or would it be a direct 1:1 copy? I mean with Dispensary...we can already do that with gear items, so it's technically not that over powered. But some of these others? I'd personally bump up the MR requirement perhaps to like 20 because this gives players a lot of power. But that is the trade off for making a system that people want to use.

What I was imagining was just a bunch of the useless power 1s and such like Ripline from Valkyr, or Hallowed Ground from Oberon. Neat things but nothing that would be blatantly useful. And you flipped that on it's head and gave us loads of useful powers. On that note, please make Ivara's quiver do cloak and dashwire so it's augment can be a little more useful, I donno anyone who uses the Noise arrow...unless the Noise Arrow does blast procs then maybe.

2 hours ago, GigabearPrime said:

I'm close enough that I MIGHT make it before the update now that I know it's a thing, but a lot of people who were eager for this system won't have a chance. I just don't see what a prerequisite of MR15 accomplishes. 

Except causing people to panic buy stuff with plat for MR fodder, which I doubt was the intent here.

Why do you feel the need to hit MR15 before the patch? The system isn't going anywhere

Imagine having a tantrum about a new way to earn power in a power fantasy game that isn't based on standing grind... y'all need to chill out and just enjoy the ride.

If you want tough mechanical fights and enemies that take a bajillion hits while threeshotting you, go and play Destiny 2's Raids. They offer that kind of challenge and i'm 100% okay with it being irreplicable in Warframe - it just doesn't fit the "one vs many" basis the combat and AI is built on. And constantly crying for "challenge" which only translates to "i want to be unable to oneshot enemies AND i ALSO want noone else to be able to do so in X amount of content" is just elitist and not helpful.

The way Warframe scales already doesn't work for that kind of gameplay because of the amount of hitscan enemies we have - as anyone who's ever gotten instakilled can attest to. Just let it go and enjoy the possibilities instead of instantly worrying some other players who care about maximizing power might become powerful.

So it's been stated by many that these changes will be a huge buff to player damage at a time when Warframe is already very easy for players having maxed the most important mods. Just want to add a little example scenario for you. In any premade group regardless what other frame requirements a mission might bring (tankiness, stealth, loot, speed, objective protection) you can now always combine it with 4 stacking damage buff abilities. Please consider that for your difficulty balancing to keep some content that is not just ridiculously easy.

Another issue I'm seeing: If a frame has one main ability for which he's being used in groups then giving all other frames access to this ability might make the original frame quite useless. I'm mostly thinking about Rhino with this (but it might be an issue for other frames as well). Why would you bring Rhino to a mission when other frames can also use Roar? Iron Skin? Revenant has full damage immunity. Stomp? Hardly the best CC and damage is rather weak too. So maybe his passive? Ha. Ha.

Now a way to prevent this issue would be to let infused abilites scale at a lower rate with Ability Strength. Or Duration or Range for abilites where Strength doesn't matter at all. It would also help a little bit with the balancing issues, albeit not very much. And wouldn't it make sense that any given frame can use his own original abilities better than anyone else?

Oh and...
V90P6Jz.png
If you feed a Smeeta to your Helminth do you get Charm as a frame ability?

24 minutes ago, (XB1)Huggs93 said:

you have the worst abilities of every single frame listed here except the following
Baruuk
Equinox
Garuda
Nidus
Oberon
Octavia
Potrea
Rhino

I feel like you're joking but you made a long post so I don't know what to think. So many Frames you just left out for no reason like:

Banshee

Chroma

Hildryn

Inaros

Khora

Mesa

Mirage

Valkyr

Wisp

There's a couple more but then you put Octavia on your list when, without mallet, Resonator is by far tied for her worst ability.

1 minute ago, Hixlysss said:

I'd reword your initial "Key statements"

But later you mention

I would change the initial statement to "You can replace 1 Ability per Configuration Slot on a Warframe." to better get the idea across, as currently the 2 statements conflict.

On to what the system currently provides. Holy #*!% I was not expecting some of these powers like WoW. Elemental ward? Dispensary? WARCRY? Like these are amazing powers to dish out to *any warframe*. So now my question is, aside from those with mentioned changes, are there any other changes in the works for these powers? I.E. increased power costs, adjustments/reductions to their base stats when put on other frames or would it be a direct 1:1 copy? I mean with Dispensary...we can already do that with gear items, so it's technically not that over powered. But some of these others? I'd personally bump up the MR requirement perhaps to like 20 because this gives players a lot of power. But that is the trade off for making a system that people want to use.

What I was imagining was just a bunch of the useless power 1s and such like Ripline from Valkyr, or Hallowed Ground from Oberon. Neat things but nothing that would be blatantly useful. And you flipped that on it's head and gave us loads of useful powers. On that note, please make Ivara's quiver do cloak and dashwire so it's augment can be a little more useful, I donno anyone who uses the Noise arrow...unless the Noise Arrow does blast procs then maybe.

I think it's pretty clear, I'm not sure what you misunderstood

- You can replace 1 Ability per Warframe.
- Every Warframe can be Subsumed to permanently provide 1 specific Ability to Helminth.

1 ability to be replace per Warframe, meaning any warframe can replace any 1 2 3 4 to get a new ability from Helminth, and every Warframe can 'give' a specific pre-designated ability to helminth

You can have 1 different Ability infused PER config!

Meaning each config can have 1 'subsume' ability slapped on but since in the order of reading from top to bottom, you gotta understand this need to be  "In Respect to the first statement", else, I don't see anything hard to understand here, I'm pretty sure this is just a 'you' problem, no offence though 

Please reconsider the mastery rank requirement. Rank fifteen may seem like it is reasonable being around the middle of the scale for mastery rank over all but this is still, in fact, an early game ranking. I can make mastery 12 in a matter of days (Like three) and so can anyone else if they put in the right amount of effort and stockpile weapon and frame blueprints then make sure a few items get built a day. Plus all the Mk-1 variants are simple to get with a straight purchase of credits to obtain the weapon which leads to a lot of easy early game affinity grind. Last reason that I think is valid is it is important for players to understand how abilities are used on each respective frame and how said abilities are combined with other frames in the squad. I will refrain from commenting on some of the chosen abilities as balance will be the core focus with this new system. I mean, dispensary will give free energy, health, and ammo. Then Nyx's Mind control will make her even more out of the meta as her kit is outdated enough as it is and that mind control is only good at very low levels and drawing aggro at higher the higher ends. 

Now on a personal note; Valkyr's warcry? This is practically her strongest ability as it even raises the damage of her hysteria. Additionally I do not want to see an inaros with warcry armor buff. If anything Valk's warcry should only provide a speed boost to melee on all frames aside from valkyr who will gain the armor buff. Basically, what I am saying in this part is to not make other frames useless and then everyone sticks to playing saryn even more than they are. You may have to alter the helminth abilities taken from frames so that they offer something different to the playing field than just an exact copy that I fear can lead to only certain frames being used and all others are now valued as a commodity for nothing more than the one ability they can take from it.

Sorry for the small wall of text but I thought important to bring this up.

7 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Base Ability Change: Add ‘Cancel ability on Hold’ to let enemies out of Rift. 

Please put this change on Limbo himself. I know you can step through the Rift to push individual things back out, but he needs this specific mass dispel Rift mechanic. EDIT: This change is actually live, but wasn't in the patch notes.

Limbo really needs to be looked at for co-op Quality of Life in general, but this one change would be a big step in the right direction.

14 minutes ago, I_NightStAr_I said:

All these people asking for nerfs doesnt realized that this is purely quality of life changes for people who have spent lots of hours in this game. HO? You think any of this sounds broken? That's cute. Maybe play a bit more Warframe and then tell me what's broken.

WAKE THE F UP! this is a POWER FANTASY game, eventually you will get to a point where your SNEEZE is consider BROKEN to literally anyone in your lobby! .... Hate to break it to you but us veteran are done with y'all new player BS, either leave us alone with our hot bread contents that we only receive once a blue moon or go back to your unfinished campaign, you guys have always get DE priority, be considerate! The top 10% players are players too and we've been WAITING patiencely for our turn since FOREVER.

I hardly ever post, but these people really urge me to do something or I will lost my chance to have a good time in the game again because they just can't accept the fact that DE doesnt build contents around them, just deal with it, this update is not meant to be "balance" or whatever the kids call it nowadays, remember the time where spin 2 win was legal for years, also pre nerf CO on redeemer? Also Catchmoon and Bramma? Lockdown? That is to name a few that noobs ruin it for veterans, this aint even close to being THAT level of broken so CURB 

Honestly this community treats this game like some competitive MOBA type game. Who cares about balance in a PvE game...

1 hour ago, Redfeather75 said:

It is noise and cloak. So the most useless quiver ability and the most powerful quiver ability. Everyone is going to use cloak.

i hoped for the sleep too tho xD but yea, mesa with cloak will be ❤️ 

Archived