Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

1 minute ago, (XB1)Huggs93 said:

no i wasnt joking none of those abilitiesare useful at all unless you have the rest of the kit. its a joke im not joking i am severly pissed as id rather they have just not done anything instead of letting the community hype itself up only to be absolutly disappointed

Please, you barely now S#&$ about Warframe abilities, let alone augment, I assume you know you can also use augment along with the subsume ability? So please, before you embarrassed yourself even more, stop talking. Overall this is a great update, and your list is super wrong

15 minutes ago, camtry said:

Now on a personal note; Valkyr's warcry? This is practically her strongest ability as it even raises the damage of her hysteria. Additionally I do not want to see an inaros with warcry armor buff.

myself i was honestly hoping for rip line... fun as hell ability that could add much needed mobility to frames that need it... i don't think anyone was expecting warcry as it is her most powerful and most used ability, it's essentially her signature ability. As an inaros main myself i'm rather annoyed by this choice as now i'll get berated by players for not using it. but i dont need more armor or damage on inaros i need mobility, so i'll be using quiver a budget rip line that doesnt have as much ease of use for mobility.

with the choice of warcry Valkyr should be renamed the Helminth snack frame as no one will use her for anything else after MR 15

1 minute ago, SweetAnubis said:

myself i was honestly hoping for rip line... fun as hell ability that could add much needed mobility to frames that need it... i don't think anyone was expecting warcry as it is her most powerful and most used ability, it's essentially her signature ability. As an inaros main myself i'm rather annoyed by this choice as now i'll get berated by players for not using it. but i dont need more armor or damage on inaros i need mobility, so i'll be using quiver a budget rip line that doesnt have as much ease of use for mobility.

with the choice of warcry Valkyr should be renamed the Helminth snack frame as no one will use her for anything else after MR 15

If you need mobility there's a Helminth ability that literally give speed and parkour velocity

5 hours ago, Shinzann said:

I was hoping for skulls on a wall, not pretty flowers to help me remember the sacrificed warframes.

LIke this: Predator-2-xenomorph-skull.jpg?q=50&fit=

I want the flowers growing around a mural of absorbed frames in the wall...C’mon DE...the wall could literally become a masterpiece of beauty and death.  You could make them look like the 3 starters in the new trailer but twisted amongst each other with flowers throughout.

I’d pay plat for each to not disappear and become part of one huge mural.

Just now, SweetAnubis said:

I use her all the time and will continue to do so. Ensnare on Valk is crazy, as is Roar or Eclipse. This could actually make her Talons worth using.

All of this sounds really great. My one reservation is about Nyx's ability. Mind Control is not a very good ability because of enemy AI, but I'd argue it is an iconic ability as long as her theme is mental control. More to the point though, it provides her ONLY niche where she is actually better than any other frame by running Razorback Armada. She can Mind Control and buff up the Bursas without having to hack them. I don't think Helmith should be taking away Warframe niches where they are objectively better at something than other frames and I especially don't think it should happen to Nyx who has very little else going for her relative to other frames.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Edifian:

You must be one of the people that only ever do ten rounds in defense and call it end game. It doesn't matter how you perceive armor stripping or buffs, because every warframe in the game can already one shot and delete steel path enemies once ramped up with their WEAPONS. This is why you aren't a game designer.

The game just gets easier and easier every day. Which makes it far too boring in my opinion, you can't have any challenge in warframe anymore. Used to be different before enemies got nerfed into the ground and before DE started to make the game easier and easier. Nowadays you could run into steel path with your mk1-braton and don't face any problems. You really want to tell me that's good game design? And it's easy already is no reason to make it easier and easier. Also I think 10 waves and 560 waves have a slight difference.

2 minutes ago, I_NightStAr_I said:

If you need mobility there's a Helminth ability that literally give speed and parkour velocity

i try to avoid sonic the hedgehog moments as i don't like face planting into every single stick and twig on the map... so i prefer mobility abilities i can activate in bursts or selectively rather than keeping them on. thus why it looks like i'll be using quiver.

5 hours ago, --Q--Candy said:

This is incorrect. You have stuff like Volt - Shock there. With the Augment this is a crazy Ability to increase dmg. Can we get a limitation there too?

Shuriken + Seekign Shuriken = Remove Armor from all enemies... Now even grineer are a joke like all other factions.
Rest & Rage = Now you can bee your own Sleep Equinox to power level / fokus farm.
Nourish = Extremly strong toxin buff. The quote from above applies here.
Smite + Smite Infusion = Same thing as the Quote applies here and it even has scaling dmg...
Dispensary = Endless Energy for all Warframes.... This doesnt seem broken at all...

This system needs Heavy Nerfs and active maintenance.This has the potential to kill the balance in this game forever. If it will be relased like this and wont get balanced very often you can say goodbye to all sorts of Balance in this game.
I hope that you will do something about this, else we can say goodbye to ever have any challenge in this game.

(Shutout to the comment from --Q--FSK41 a few posts down. This System will kill everything)

5 hours ago, --Q--Candy said:

This is incorrect. You have stuff like Volt - Shock there. With the Augment this is a crazy Ability to increase dmg. Can we get a limitation there too?

Shuriken + Seekign Shuriken = Remove Armor from all enemies... Now even grineer are a joke like all other factions.
Rest & Rage = Now you can bee your own Sleep Equinox to power level / fokus farm.
Nourish = Extremly strong toxin buff. The quote from above applies here.
Smite + Smite Infusion = Same thing as the Quote applies here and it even has scaling dmg...
Dispensary = Endless Energy for all Warframes.... This doesnt seem broken at all...

This system needs Heavy Nerfs and active maintenance.This has the potential to kill the balance in this game forever. If it will be relased like this and wont get balanced very often you can say goodbye to all sorts of Balance in this game.
I hope that you will do something about this, else we can say goodbye to ever have any challenge in this game.

(Shutout to the comment from --Q--FSK41 a few posts down. This System will kill everything)

Balance?  This game hasnt been Balanced for years.  Stop trying to make everything equal and just let us have FUN.  We WANT Unbalanced Mayhem!!

Just now, SweetAnubis said:

I'm hearing the same thing about Ash. But I think Ripline is the ability that you can replace on Valkyr. It's basically a free slot to put whatever you want on her. Sure shes in the "food" category but theres alot of options to for Valkyr to go with even with the abilities that come directly from the Helmith vs other warframes.

Theres value in that. And theres other frames that have this easy choice to replace a "bad" ability with another one. 

I just hope this system isnt going to be used as a reason why reworks are either slowed or stopped. It's a really interesting system but it wont remove the necessity to have warframes recieve proper reworks.

Cough cough Chroma cough cough

3 minutes ago, AutoCept said:

All of this sounds really great. My one reservation is about Nyx's ability. Mind Control is not a very good ability because of enemy AI, but I'd argue it is an iconic ability as long as her theme is mental control. More to the point though, it provides her ONLY niche where she is actually better than any other frame by running Razorback Armada. She can Mind Control and buff up the Bursas without having to hack them. I don't think Helmith should be taking away Warframe niches where they are objectively better at something than other frames and I especially don't think it should happen to Nyx who has very little else going for her relative to other frames.

Her 2 would have been crazy good but see Ash’s Seeking Shuriken...We are supposed to be ninjas...I would have considered Ash’s smoke-bomb and Nyx’s 2...Alas, they went Naruto-ninja on us vs stealth.

I want someone to show me how decoy and mind control will make sense in anyone’s build without buffs.

vor 1 Minute schrieb (PS4)NinjAsylum_:

Balance?  This game hasnt been Balanced for years.  Stop trying to make everything equal and just let us have FUN.  We WANT Unbalanced Mayhem!!

What's the point in that if you can run around with an unmodded mk1 braton, so much fun.

Il y a 5 heures, --Q--FSK41 a dit :

This System is broken and will break the game completely,it shouldn't come into the game so many broken  combinations,for example mesa and eclipse/roar = who the hell thought of this. its completely unbalanced PLEASE DE do NOT put this into the game,since you made enemies paper the game is already quite easy but with this its literally broken

Please remove the damage BUFFING and abilities that do scaling/area damage it will break the game too 

the game doesn’t require us for a long time ... don’t ask to nerf something before it’s even been implemented in the game, be smart.  Ask for tougher enemies.  Your opinion contradicts your need.  Something is wrong and nerfing something only makes things worse. We want decent enemies, not nerfs anymore

1 minute ago, --Q--Mano said:

The game just gets easier and easier every day. Which makes it far too boring in my opinion, you can't have any challenge in warframe anymore. Used to be different before enemies got nerfed into the ground and before DE started to make the game easier and easier. Nowadays you could run into steel path with your mk1-braton and don't face any problems. You really want to tell me that's good game design? And it's easy already is no reason to make it easier and easier. Also I think 10 waves and 560 waves have a slight difference.

And you trying to tell me making the game harder in a power fantasy game is considered good game design? Eventually people will get to the point where everything they do is consider broken, that's just a fate of a veteran, you either enjoy doing it and glad that DE release contents that buff up your power or don't and leave the game because in its core, this game ain't Darksouls or Destiny you can't project your own opinion on how the game 'should' be in your eye, even the DEVs stated multiple time that they want Warframe to be a power fantasy, so this is not me trying to convince you to follow my own opinion/vision of the game, this is literally the what DE wanted, so leave it be.

10 minutes ago, I_NightStAr_I said:

Please, you barely now S#&$ about Warframe abilities, let alone augment, I assume you know you can also use augment along with the subsume ability? So please, before you embarrassed yourself even more, stop talking. Overall this is a great update, and your list is super wrong

yeah im aware and ive played planty long best not to assume and judge me as ive not done that to you... but i have a right to judge DE here this system is locked at MR15 hell this would be more useful to someone at MR5

1 minute ago, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

I'm hearing the same thing about Ash. But I think Ripline is the ability that you can replace on Valkyr. It's basically a free slot to put whatever you want on her. Sure shes in the "food" category but theres alot of options to for Valkyr to go with even with the abilities that come directly from the Helmith vs other warframes.

its funny tho cause while its the replace ability on Valk, rip line would be phenomenal on many slow heavy frames just for the mobility factor.... for instance i hate ropalyst on inaros cause that big empty platform jumps halfway through the map are an impossible hell with his measly jump, and thats with multiple mods boosting his already boosted prime speed.

4 minutes ago, ShogunGunshow said:

DE has, over its history, consistently gone out of their way to trim down no-thought map nuking. Because it's bad for gameplay.

And how does this change that?  The scenarios people are throwing a fit about are only "game breaking" if you were already running a "game breaking" build.  I haven't seen anybody give a specific scenario where this pushes something from "perfectly balanced" to "completely OP".  I mean, what is giving Eclipse/Roar to Wisp or Frost going to do?  Effectively nothing.  This is not giving an "I win" button to anything that didn't already have one.

I've run pre-made arb's and sorties with Saryn where I accounted for 95% of the damage done and I don't think I'm even a terribly good player.  What would adding Eclipse to that scenario do?  Great, now I did 98% instead of 95%?  BFD.  That's not a noticeable change for me or the poor people stuck on my team watching everything die.

Same goes for tanking.  I can solo AFK tank level 80 mobs with Inaros.  I can solo arb surivals for hours.  What's Elemental Ward going to do to that?  Now I can AFK level 120 or go another hour in a solo survival?  Again, BFD.  Eclipse?  Great, now I do more damage.  I'm still not going to be nuking the map as Inaros.

This is going to make higher level content more accessible to average players and it's going to allow good players to make already broken builds even more broken.  In the end, the average player is having more fun and the good players are just complaining everything is too easy, which they were already doing anyways.  So, that sounds like a win for both DE and the average player.

Dear DE

I have one wish,

with the new system were we can use 1 of these abilities in 1 config, i really want that you can forma every config. I'm playing for 5 years now and i love to make builds and sometimes its impossible  to realize a second, third, fourth build etc. on this one already formaed warframe.

With the new system this is even a bigger issue. For example, you need more range on chroma for blood altar, so you have to build a second chroma and forma him 3x,4x,5x,6x,7x times again. Its annoying as hell. For example I have 2baruuks,2hildryns,2wukongs etc.. just that i can play him/her for another type of mission perfectly.

DE please!! I would really love if we can forma one warframe so i can for example, select madurai polarization on config A, naramon on config B, vazarin on config C and so on with every new forma used.
Its's just to much to farm a warframe 2times or 3times and forma everyone 4x,5x,6x,7x times.

We have over 500 items for leveling, we dont need more leveling or more paying in forma, only to play our dream build.

My suggestion doesn't make anything OP, its just to avoid the time to farm warframes 2times and forma this another 4x,5x,6x,7x, times.

4 minutes ago, ShogunGunshow said:

I mean, it's pretty easy to fix.

Make it invincible. 

I’m ok with this, but then let’s use a straight up copy like a specter...similar to Wukong’s clone but can’t damage anything but stays close by and acts like a second legitimate Loki.  THAT would be what a trickster would do.

Archived