Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

I wonder what colors I want to see in my 40+ flower garden. I adore this, but there's something unhappy about cosmetic options you can never change. So I'm not sure what I'll pick for colors without knowing how exactly it manifests the colors. Primary, Secondary, Tertiary, Accents, Emissive, Energy. (7 color options)... I know it's not super important, but I definitely want to make sure I get it right given there's no take-backs.

Kinda want some way to preview the flowers as they associate to colors too, but I dunno.

6 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

(i.e you could place Shock on any of the 4 Ability slots)

YOO, I figured it'd be 1-3 at best, but I'm extremely replacing Protea's 4 in that case, thanks DE, appreciated. 

Also lol at people complaining about dispensary as if (a energy pads don't exist, and (b there's better energy generation abilities listed here.

5 minutes ago, Evhel said:

I expected a Mastery Rank 28+; do you really consider mr15 very experienced players? Ahahahah

Beyond maybe the first few ranks, MR is far less a measure of experience and far more a measure of how much time you're willing to spend grinding MR. And that gets more and more true the higher MR you get. 15 is fine. I sat at MR15 for three years. MR28 is unreasonable. 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

See above. Make an exact specter-duplicate of your Loki that doesn’t do damage but can’t be killed for the duration.

True trickster confusion that draws Aggro.

And is far cooler than gun-pop glow-stick-copy dieboi

The problem is that Decoy always worked regardless of the level. Just hide it in the wall and shoot your enemies like plush toys that run towards you but never shoot.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)TKapy said:

The goal is to avoid having newcomers accidently destroy their warframes that they otherwise should keep for different mission types.

Doesn't take 28 Mastery rank to figure this game out unless one is borderline stupid.

Don't get me wrong, idc if the system is mr 2+ or 30+, i was just laughing at their "very experienced players" being mr 15.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

See above.  Make an exact specter-duplicate of your Loki that doesn’t do damage but can’t be killed for the duration.

As it stands now the clone is totally useless at any lv 35+ mission, so anything they do would probably be an upgrade. Full invulnerability sound a little boring to me, maybe after getting some damage it could aoe stun or explode and release ammo pickups based on the bullets it absorbed or something.

11 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Basically. I am trying to advocate for some balance because knowing this game well, they will pull something down the road. If DE doesn't mind the power this offers, fine. Then they should stop touching Riven Disposition. A Riven Mod will take a much larger amount of time to invest into than subsuming a Warframe, and messing with peoples time like this needs to stop. I'm raising awareness to the double standard here. On one hand DE nerfs overpowered interactions, but on the other, they let you put Roar on Volt. You can't make this up.

Agreed. They are killing Rhino, Valkyr in the process. What's the point of even playing them anymore if you are giving away their best abilities? They need to change this.

Just now, (XB1)MetalxPhoenix said:

Agreed. They are killing Rhino, Valkyr in the process. What's the point of even playing them anymore if you are giving away their best abilities? They need to change this.

bEcAuSe tHiS GaMe Is a PoWeR FanTasy.

It's sad ain't it. The vocal majority see no problem with making Valkyr completely Mastery Fodder because her only good ability can be slapped on Inaros.

2 minutes ago, Voltage said:

It's sad ain't it. The vocal majority see no problem with making Valkyr completely Mastery Fodder because her only good ability can be slapped on Inaros.

It really is and it's actually infuriating seeing my main just being mastery fodder now since you can slap Roar in everyone now. Wisp with Roar, + her motes and she's usually build for strength and duration. Yup see no problem with that!

I guess they forgot about "signature" abilities or what Rebecca said in a stream talking about Zephyr giving turbulence. "She will have little going for her" Well, guess what, Rhino and Valkyr have next to nothing going for them now.

To be honest, I don't understand people. Everyone is talking about mad Excalibur, who will take Rhino Roar and augment on Radial Javelin. But we all know that normal players will play sushi master with Nidus Larva and Exalted blade. I mean, I can kill 1 enemy with + 160% damage, or I can hit 10 enemies at once with standard damage. I think people are too obsessed with DPS and don't see the true path.

il y a 35 minutes, Evhel a dit :

I expected a Mastery Rank 28+; do you really consider mr15 very experienced players? Ahahahah

According to steam achievements, only 1.8% of Warframe players attained MR28, and that's counting the Steam achievement cheaters. Do you really think the devs would put that much work into something this exclusive? As if we didn't already have enough people mindlessly ranking up semi afk in xp farms... As others already pointed out, past the first few ranks MR doesn't really say much about one's expercience with the game mechanics.

Me after thinking about all the extremely unpractical yet cool looking memebuilds I could make with the system, mostly for the sake of taking screenshots: Yeah, this may be worth it in the end.
Me after reading which abilities we can get: Welp. There goes my dream of Ivara using slash dash with the Skathi skin.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)MetalxPhoenix said:

It really is and it's actually infuriating seeing my main just being mastery fodder now since you can slap Roar in everyone now. Wisp with Roar, + her motes and she's usually build for strength and duration. Yup see no problem with that!

I guess they forgot about "signature" abilities or what Rebecca said in a stream talking about Zephyr giving turbulence. "She will have little going for her" Well, guess what, Rhino and Valkyr have next to nothing going for them now.

I think Rhino will be still good, good surv with 2, Roar and a great CC which works on most bosses too on 4; Valkyr, on the other hand...

1 minute ago, Robolaser said:

According to steam achievements, only 1.8% of Warframe players attained MR28, and that's counting the Steam achievement cheaters. Do you really think the devs would put that much work into something this exclusive? As if we didn't already have enough people mindlessly ranking up semi afk in xp farms... As others already pointed out, past the first few ranks MR doesn't really say much about one's expercience with the game mechanics.

As i already said idc if the system is  going to be mr 2 or 30, their idea of very experienced players being mr 15 made me laugh. That's all.

2 minutes ago, Voltage said:

And it's sad that you don't see fact and are happily kicking around in your circle-jerk, this game IS a power fantasy and it is DE decision to make it so, they have stated it multiple times.

Secondly it won't kill off anything because 1. not everyone is MR. 15 and have easy access to an abundant of resource, I don't know how many times DE have to say this for it to get into that thick head of your circle-jerk, this ain't meant to be for new players! 2. Things you see 'oh so easy' is not that easy when you look at the perspective of someone who doesn't have enough resource to build a frame, let alone GIVING it away to unlock a mere ability, and besides, every Warframe have their own set of power, Where is IRON SKIN? Have you ever thought of that? if someone play another Warframe with Roar other than Rhino then they themselves have to sacrifice the use of Iron Skin, which is extremely valuable to mid tier players.

To further improve my point, a Warframe that can give away ability can also be a Warframe to receive one itself, REMEMBER that, just because you give away Roar, that means Rhino is dead? HELL NO!? People will still play Rhino, with his own skill set, but replace his one with another more meaningful ability. 

TL;DR: Stop tunnel-vision and get your head out of your butt 

What Abilities are earned on Subsuming a Warframe?

The following table outlines the current Ability a given Warframe will provide on the Subsume action. This is subject to change before launch. 

WARFRAME

ABILITY

AUGMENT

DEV NOTES

Ash

Shuriken

Seeking Shuriken

Atlas

Petrify

Ore Gaze

We will not create Rubble.

Banshee

Silence

Savage Silence

Baruuk

Lull

Endless Lullaby

Chroma

Elemental Ward

Everlasting Ward

Ember

Fire Blast

Healing Flame

Equinox

Rest & Rage

Calm & Frenzy

We will use Rest or Rage depending on your Energy Colour. 

Excalibur

Radial Blind

Radiant Finish

Frost

Ice Wave

Ice Wave Impede

Gara

Spectrorage

Spectrosiphon

Garuda

Blood Altar

n/a

Gauss

Thermal Sunder

n/a

Grendel

Nourish

n/a

Keeps the heal and give Nourish Strike only. 

Harrow

Condemn

Tribunal

Hildryn

Pillage

Blazing Pillage

Drains 50 Energy instead of 50 Shield. 

Hydroid

Tempest Barrage

Corroding Barrage

Inaros

Desiccation

Desiccation’s Curse

Ivara

Quiver

Empowered Quiver

Tap Cloak, Hold Noise. Augment only affects Cloak and Dashwire. 

Khora

Ensnare

n/a

Limbo

Banish

Rift Haven

Base Ability Change: Add ‘Cancel ability on Hold’ to let enemies out of Rift. 

Loki

Decoy

Savior Decoy

Mag

Pull

Greedy Pull

Mesa

Shooting Gallery

Muzzle Flash

Mirage

Eclipse

Total Eclipse

Nekros

Terrify

Creeping Terrify

Nezha

Fire Walker

Pyroclastic Flow

Nidus

Larva

Larva Burst

Nova

Null Star

Neutron Star

Nyx

Mind Control

Mind Freak

Oberon

Smite

Smite Infusion

Octavia

Resonator

Conductor

Protea

Dispensary

n/a

Revenant

Reave

Blinding Reave

Rhino

Roar

Piercing Roar

Saryn

Molt

Regen Molt

Titania

Spellbind

Spellbound Harvest

Trinity

Well Of Life

Pool of Life

Base Ability Buffed - Now does small amount of heal over time over a large range. If you hit the enemy, a % of the damage dealt gets converted into AoE heal. 

Valkyr

Warcry

Eternal War

Vauban

Tesla Nervos

Tesla Bank

Volt

Shock

Shock Trooper

Wisp

Breach Surge

n/a

Wukong

Defy

n/a

Xaku

Xata’s Whisper 

n/a

Zephyr

Airburst

n/a

Base Ability Buffed - now has a HOLD or TAP functionality. HOLD to receive original functionality. TAP to suck enemies in a wind Vortex. 

Welp, much people may not see it, but here goes my opinion on maybe better options for some skills:

Garuda - Blood Altar - n/a
-Maybe BloodLetting? this adds the possibility of a forced rage, and even making it working on chroma for the damage buff.

Hildryn - Pillage - Blazing Pillage - Drains 50 Energy instead of 50 Shield.
-Haven, can be used like it is on other warframes, spending shield for recovering allies shields.

Ivara - Quiver - Empowered Quiver - Tap Cloak, Hold Noise. Augment only affects Cloak and Dashwire.
-Too strong, invisibility and crits for everyone? navigator seems better and funnier.

Mesa - Shooting Gallery - Muzzle Flash
-Seems good, but Ballistic Battery can shine better on other frames and be better used with then.

Mirage - Eclipse Total - Eclipse.
-Its'n eclipse mirage's signature? maybe Sleight Of Hand on its place? and for damage buff we already have rhino's roar

Nova - Null Star - Neutron Star
-Another signature? was expecting wormhole...

Nyx - Mind Control - Mind Freak
-Third signature... psychic bolts have more uses.

Trinity - Well Of Life - Pool of Life
-Kinda of signature, maybe link for a damage reduction doable skill?

Valkyr - Warcry - Eternal War
-Another signature... Paralysis and make it scale by shield used.

Vauban - Tesla Nervos - Tesla Bank
-Err, i'll love tesla bank on my protea, but orbital strike seems better for a damage on any frame, and tesla its kinda of valban's new signature.

Volt - Shock - Shock Trooper
-Electric Shield seems more interesting and have better uses.

I'm sorry, but as a trinity player, I feel the need to point out. 

The only people who benefit from this buff to her 1
is everyone besides trinity.

On another frame, that effect actually looks quite nice. But on trinity, when 4 exists... Why would you ever press 1?

I feel like a vast majority of these are outshone by other ones.

"would you like mesa shooting gallery... or rhino roar"
this isn't really an argument, roar is just better in almost all regards, so... why would you ever pick mesa when rhino is just better?

As well, I think we should re open the discussion about having an extra mod slot dedicated to 'augments' (or put one in the exilus slot) because now this is opening up a lot of frames to potentially having 4 augments and not having room for enough mods to actually make it work

I see a lot of people throwing around the term "killing a frame" Personally i don't really think that's happened so much as some of these abilities are obvious choices over other ones, so I don't feel like we have a good spread of abilities here. I like the idea of the system, who hasn't played a frame and gone "man i wish i could just take this button off my keyboard (trinity 1?) and I will be happy to replace it with something else, but I would love to see the metrics for how many of these are actually being used (rhino roar compared to volt shock) after a month or two and the empirically best choices have surfaced

I also feel like someone needs to point out "no signature abilities"
Nyx: mind control

What is more signature to nyx than mind control?
I honestly just feel like this is an example of how little people care about nyx that her one signature ability is the one everyone else gets to use...

Today we all have gathered here to say our last farewell to the Balance.

Balance surely had a hard life, it overcame near impossible challenges, but in all those dire times still it managed to survive!

The Balance was a friend for many of us. And for a lot of us the mere name of this great concept, 'Balance', inspired hope for a better future.

But at last, to our greatest grief, its tough life has come to an end. You can rest in peace now.

Goodbye, Balance. You will be remembered!

Warframes that are Subsumed join the Helminth in an eternal bond. They will live on in a Lotus flower that matches the colours of the Subsumed Warframe, as a permanent honor. See below for an example of the Helminth garden after 5 Subsumes:

Nooo .. does this mean we dont  see our subsumed sacrifices on the wall ?  Damn that was the best thing I have 50 frames ready ..  i wanted to see them on the wall .. 

Just now, ant99999 said:

Today we all have gathered here to say our last farewell to the Balance.

Balance surely had a hard life, it overcame near impossible challenges, but in all those dire times still it managed to survive!

The Balance was a friend for many of us. And for a lot of us the mere name of this great concept, 'Balance', inspired hope for a better future.

But at last, to our greatest grief, its tough life has come to an end. You can rest in peace now.

Goodbye, Balance. You will be remembered!

I remember the beginning of the game, where there was an invulnerable Trinity with ogris and other trash frames without abilities. You know, you can't kill something that never existed.

15 minutes ago, (XB1)MetalxPhoenix said:

DE's philosophy of what's signature and what's not is pretty inconsistent in the list. Like, when I think of Nyx, I don't think of Psychic Bolts, I think of her theme - messing with peoples' heads. Mind Control and Chaos are signature abilities of Nyx, to me. Nope, apparently not!

Oh, okay, so it can be part of the frame theme, but not too strong? Nope! Eclipse. 

Okay but not something that's visually striking and impactful that's happening during the game right- NO, LARVA.

There are no consistency or rules with these ability choices. The whole 'no signature abilities' thing was a load.

7 minutes ago, mishli said:

I'm sorry, but as a trinity player, I feel the need to point out. 

The only people who benefit from this buff to her 1
is everyone besides trinity.

On another frame, that effect actually looks quite nice. But on trinity, when 4 exists... Why would you ever press 1?

I feel like a vast majority of these are outshone by other ones.

"would you like mesa shooting gallery... or rhino roar"
this isn't really an argument, roar is just better in almost all regards, so... why would you ever pick mesa when rhino is just better?

As well, I think we should re open the discussion about having an extra mod slot dedicated to 'augments' (or put one in the exilus slot) because now this is opening up a lot of frames to potentially having 4 augments and not having room for enough mods to actually make it work

I also feel like someone needs to point out "no signature abilities"
Nyx: mind control

What is more signature to nyx than mind control?
I honestly just feel like this is an example of how little people care about nyx that her one signature ability is the one everyone else gets to use...

How do you play your Trinity, because Trinity already have a solid support skill set, all you need is to grab a CC ability from another frame and you're set!

Archived