Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

Really wasn't expecting some of these abilities. Namely:

Ash Shuriken -  armor strip
Atlas Petrify - loot generator (augment) + CC
Equinox Rest - focus farm as anyone (stealth/damage buffing frames)
Ivara Cloak Arrow -  Naramon invisibility is back on the menu, boys!
Mirage Eclipse - Damage boost and damage reduction
Nova Null Star - damage reduction + innate damage reduction
Protea Dispensary - who needs trinity now?
Rhino Roar - damage buff
Valkyr Warcry - insane attack speed and armor

Starting to change my plans on what frames to consume and where to put them. Now that we have Eternal War, my gameplay that consists in 90% melee and Valkyr as favorite frame is getting really spiced up...Too bad Valkyr will be demoted to just fashion frame because her only ability that I use will go everywhere else, instead of her receiving abilities, but now at least her essence will be everywhere.

Inaros/Nidus+Null star? EHP boost
Inaros+Radiant Finish? better finisher opener
Farming frames + Ore Gaze/Larva/Pull? more loot and enemy/item gather. Hope this doesn't make fully afk survival farms trivial
Tridolon Chroma + Roar/Shooting Gallery/Smite Infusion from Harrow/Trinity/Volt teammates? More damage without sacrificing a team slot
Excalibur+Eternal War? EHP+faster blades

Too bad I will have to go back farming Rhino again... 20 runs and no systems yet 😢

5 hours ago, Alexis_Walker said:
8 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Ivara

Quiver

Empowered Quiver

Tap Cloak, Hold Noise. Augment only affects Cloak and Dashwire. 

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I WANT TO PUT NAVIGATOR ON MY EXCALIBUR AND RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS AS PROTO EXCAL PILOTING MY GLAIVE LIKE A HELECOPTER!!!

*literally crying irl right now*

4 hours ago, ReaverKane said:

Ivara

Quiver

Empowered Quiver

I thought the rule was "No Signature skills?" What can be more signature than Quiver... I mean the skill is so signature it's part of the model for the warframe... And you're giving us Cloaking Arrow? That's not going to make stealth frames even less relevant or anything is it?

2 hours ago, Kadesfy said:

Ivara - Quiver - Empowered Quiver - Tap Cloak, Hold Noise. Augment only affects Cloak and Dashwire.
-Too strong, invisibility and crits for everyone? navigator seems better and funnier.

1 hour ago, Skye_Archer said:

Somewhat mixed feelings about Ivara's Quiver being the ability available after subsuming, partially because this ability although not powerful in terms of damage numbers as none of the arrows do damage per say, but the versatility of the power is what makes it so powerful in many situations... You aren't giving one power here, you literally are giving four!

Overwhelmed and unable to kill things fast enough? Put everyone to sleep! and kill one at a time

Overwhelmed and need to take a breather(or escape)? Cloak

Need to get the enemy away from something you are defending? Cloak + Noise arrow

Having difficulty parkour to a destination? daskwire!

All that said, many of Ivara's abilities are going to be problematic whichever one you choose to give out, but from my perspective... Quiver is exceptionally unbalancing due to the versatility of the power!

1 hour ago, DeathMavrik said:
8 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Ivara

Quiver

Empowered Quiver

Tap Cloak, Hold Noise. Augment only affects Cloak and Dashwire. 

My disappointment is immeasurable

and my hayden tenno is ruined 

@[DE]Rebecca @[DE]Megan PLEEEEASE DE!! LET US FULLY EMBRACE THE GLORY DAYS WITH PROTO EXCAL WEILDING GLAIVES WITH NAVIGATOR!!! WE BEG OF YOU! QUIVER IS JUST WRONG! ;A;

hace 8 minutos, -CdG-Zilchy dijo:

Excuse me? Removing all ranged weapons, endlessly scaleable is bad now? Look in low level missions sure but later on, you might prefer that a level 3000 or so bombard can't fire that rocket at the objective.

Dude im sorry but, there are FAR more easiers WF to do endless than loki.

7 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I was happy to talk to you but there's just no need to be aggressive. You and I have differing opinions is all. I see this getting nerfed into the ground given their track record and a hell of lot of rage emanating from that.

This is the only real concern for DE. They should have added an extra disclaimer that none of this is final, because it never is final. People forget that developers like to update their games. 

8 часов назад, --Q--FSK41 сказал:

This System is broken and will break the game completely,it shouldn't come into the game so many broken  combinations,for example mesa and eclipse/roar = who the hell thought of this. its completely unbalanced PLEASE DE do NOT put this into the game,since you made enemies paper the game is already quite easy but with this its literally broken

This. This guy right here.

Despite the clan tag and following reputation issues, this guy has a point.

To everybody suggesting him to read the entire post: some warframes don't have a damage buff and deal insane amount of damage. Imagine that warframes start having one. What are you saying? Noone cares about balance in PVE? What's the reason for Xoris nerf then - aesthetic? And that's just the most recent example.

The system is completely broken and will bring much disappointment and pain and player screaming when DE inevitably changes "let's hype" stance to "let's fix" stance.

And I didn't even started to talk about "let's banish people at the most horribly inappropriate moment" gang.

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

You can have 1 different Ability infused PER config!

This is cool.

Helminth Provides unique abilities of their own - these are subject to change before launch, but here is the current list:

Cooldowns still a thing?

"MARKED FOR DEATH"

“Stun an enemy, next damage you deal to it, will be dealt to all enemies around it."

Finally! More-than-single-target finishers!

"EXPEDITE SUFFERING"

"Hit enemies in a cone, affected enemies will have their Bleed and Toxin status removed and their remaining damage dealt in a burst."

Hm. Interesting.

I'm honestly positively surprised by the selection, for the most part.
Tentatively concerned, but positively surprised.

What will happen with abilities that have PvE-useable PvP augments, e.g. Decoy?

Ember's Fire Blast, with no gauge, is an AoE knockdown?
- Also, with no gauge, how much does the augment heal?
Gauss' Thermal Sunder, without gauge - what magnitude of effect?
Hildryn's Pillage - Blazing Pillage is a combo-aug, and other frames don't have access to Haven. What will happen here?

Genuinely excited, though I know I shouldn't be.
Cheers.

I'm so sorry that DE is just hammering the last nail in valky's coffin after the continuous nerfs she received, she never got a rework or a buff but DE decided to finish her off by giving her the best skill to everyone making her only food for the helmith. I'm hope you are happy that warframe you help Create Will Die and will be forgotten affter feeding the Infested Blob.  @[DE]Megan

25 minutes ago, spirit_of_76 said:

this is literally the only reason to use Valk ATM because the animations for hysteria suck why not buff her 3 and give it out

Only reason for YOU to use her maybe, others may like the frame for what it is outside of one ability. She's certainly not going to stop being my fav frame just because i can give one of her powers to other frames.

7 minutes ago, Ocewatt said:

This is the only real concern for DE. They should have added an extra disclaimer that none of this is final, because it never is final. People forget that developers like to update their games. 

I just see this system as being unnecessary power creep. And as I stated earlier, that's what kills future content being meaningful.

2 minutes ago, Zanoza-chan said:

This. This guy right here.

Despite the clan tag and following reputation issues, this guy has a point.

To everybody suggesting him to read the entire post: some warframes don't have a damage buff and deal insane amount of damage. Imagine that warframes start having one. What are you saying? Noone cares about balance in PVE? What's the reason for Xoris nerf then - aesthetic? And that's just the most recent example.

The system is completely broken and will bring much disappointment and pain and player screaming when DE inevitably changes "let's hype" stance to "let's fix" stance.

And I didn't even started to talk about "let's banish people at the most horribly inappropriate moment" gang.

DE has made questionable changes yes, but this system is aimed at veterans, not newbies or people who cant afford to do this. Up to that point, veterans have nothing to fear anyway, break the game? Please, we already trample over hard mode like it was nothing, tell me something new I don't know. At least let us have fun and play the game the way it meant to be played which is "power fantasy" instead of making it into another Destiny 2

1 minute ago, I_NightStAr_I said:

DE has made questionable changes yes, but this system is aimed at veterans, not newbies or people who cant afford to do this. Up to that point, veterans have nothing to fear anyway, break the game? Please, we already trample over hard mode like it was nothing, tell me something new I don't know. At least let us have fun and play the game the way it meant to be played which is "power fantasy" instead of making it into another Destiny 2

I get the point you're making, I'm just concerned for future content. I mean don't you ever want something to come out that we DON'T manage to simply trample over? I've been playing since they introduced corrupt mods and since then I've just seen them add more and more creep, primed mods, rivens, operators etc. It all has just trivialized all content.

Thanks you for this . 

My brid girl now have two usefull ability outside god mode wing wall . 

My wukong and his clone now become the god warrior he meant to be . 

Inaros still inaros . 

Quick tip through . Instead of replacing every ability slot in the set . How about you change it so that if you want to put Shock a 1 ability on another warframe , it can only replace their one skill . It is far more balance and put more weight on you deceision on which ability you should use than randomly said srcew it let just replace Excalibur one with Mirage ' Esclipe 

Thanks you for read

6 hours ago, KittyKath said:

I hate to say some people have Low Mr has been playing for as long as you guys: Mastery ranking up is a choice, you guys wanted to MR up but not everyone does... For some people it's just numbers, for me it's just numbers at least. I personally have my reason for staying MR8 for 2 years: And it's okay for me to stay M8 and it's also okay to MR up.

I have to say that I know MR28 people that have not much experience in the game and/or are not really good at the game: (I personally don't care as long as they are having fun). But I also understand Mastery is to an extend a good way to know how much experience they have in the game: HOWEVER, it's not 100% accurate.

If said Mr8 is fully capable of Killing a Level5 Kuva Lich, has access to arbitration, finished Steel Path... I do not understand why they aren't experienced enough for the new Helminth system.

(I'm not taking jab at anyone mind you, just thought I'd let people know because I have no idea how this post sounds- Erh, read? And I don't want to be rude, I just want to prove the point that you shouldn't assume people Skill and doubt their experience over a Mastery rank.)

Catering to every niche, and unreasonable at that, case in existence is no way to make a good game system. Adding more checks to mastery is a good way forward for the game. Mastery is severely underused. What you mentioned however highlights how unconnected mastery is to other aspects of the game, which is not a good thing at all. Mastery is also not awarded in good proportions at all, forcing you to go out of your way to level too many things. If anything, DE should add more ways to gain mastery, make it easier and integrate it more with the rest of the game, to make progression more impactful but also more convenient. 

I will gladly accept, but you messed up with Rhino Roar. Any warframe which revolves around an ability that does damage and doesn't scale with weapon mods (and even some that do), will automatically use this ability. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want the power, but it's probably going to end up like Magus Lockdown did anyway. So before I invest my forma and time, I'd suggest you make sure what your choice is on this ability.

And its a multiplicative buff to weapons, even more so to DoT based ones. And it's a team buff.

People losing their heads before reading the entire tread is one of the most fun experiences i had in a while.

(highlighting problems that where literally tackled in the post or things that would only affect really high-end gameplay)

2 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I get the point you're making, I'm just concerned for future content. I mean don't you ever want something to come out that we DON'T manage to simply trample over? I've been playing since they introduced corrupt mods and since then I've just seen them add more and more creep, primed mods, rivens, operators etc. It all has just trivialized all content.

It's just not possible, the problem is not the game, the problem is you guys playing the game in a way that you kept wanting it to go into your direction, Warframe is not meant to be hard, even hard mode exist and is extremely hard to some, the upper half of the echelon is still gonna trample over it like nothing, they gotta understand that as veterans, they dont have the luxury to fight "hard enemies" they are just too OP. If they cant accept that and move on then that's too bad, there are other veterans who enjoy the game for that power so you just gotta find another game or grow out of that habit of looking for a challenge, Warframe is not the game for that

hace 6 horas, Dragmod dijo:

Can't help but notice that a few of the people really pushing for nerfs here are from Quasars. A Mountain Clan that's been in the top 5 since Tethra's Doom, and the top spot since Shadow Debt. Is it really balance you're worried about, or your leaderboard running streak?

Just let us little guys have our fun for once. The game is already easy for ya, why cry over more cheese?

Oh God, is the "trial missions" people all over again.

the only difference is that instead of elitist arcane scammers is just elitist that fear not being special anymore.

5 hours ago, --Q--FSK41 said:

This threat is about feedback to their ideas,so in fact I am supposed to criticize/give feedback now,also I am ONE of those players unknown.pngunknown.png

Being able to go far in Endless missions apparently didn't help your reading ability, considering the system specifically states that it limits you to one damage boosting ability on a frame at a time and Rebecca herself even responded to you.

While I am bit sad that we did not get Rip Line from Valkyr, some of these are quite interesting.

From what I can see... I could see use for Ivara's Quiver for Ash or some other frames, just for Utility.

As for Vauban, Dispensary would be good to add him in place of Photon Strike...

Though I know for sure I am using Molt on our Infested Boyo, Nidus.

One I find bit odd was "Defy" from Wukong, I was sure we'd get Cloudwalker, but then it would had needed to be tweaked so lasers can be triggered by the cloud... But, Defy works too.

But Breach Surge? THAT will be fun with most frames!

8 hours ago, --Q--FSK41 said:

This System is broken and will break the game completely,it shouldn't come into the game so many broken  combinations,for example mesa and eclipse/roar = who the hell thought of this. its completely unbalanced PLEASE DE do NOT put this into the game,since you made enemies paper the game is already quite easy but with this its literally broken

Please remove the damage BUFFING and abilities that do scaling/area damage it will break the game too much

It wont change anything at all unless you are a solo player, and nobody cares about those.

Archived