hace 17 minutos, PhreazerBurn dijo:

All those annoying to farm warframes I sold for 10k pennies...

i feel that pain, replacing them when i get a prime variant (getting saryn systems again is going to give me cancer)

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, (PS4)ironfist_94 said:

I like how it's just another hype train for the WF community and you're all pretending like this isn't gonna be nerfed to the ground or gutted immediately. It's hilarious to me that DE considers this concept balanced but the Xoris for some reason was OP to them. This update will just be another balancing dumpster fire. I will say one positive though, it's nice to see the community excited again almost like the old days.

More than that - if the Xoris fiasco is anything to go by, they will wait to see which subsumed abilities are overwhelmingly more popular than the others, and then they'll simply gut these based on usage alone. That has been their "balancing" pattern for years.

Just now, ebrl said:

More than that - if the Xoris fiasco is anything to go by, they will wait to see which subsumed abilities are overwhelmingly more popular than the others, and then they'll simply gut these based on usage alone. That has been their "balancing" pattern for years.

Lol exactly, if you wanna call that balancing.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, (PS4)SlvrSwrd92 said:

That's why everyone wants to be batman and not superman cause supes can just one shot everything if he feels like it. Doesn't make for the best gameplay. But the other side is a matter of stalling progression which is a core gameplay mechanic of any mmorpg. Eventually, in a week or a month or a year, a veteran will figure out how to solo the high level content. Yeah maybe nobody should be able to solo tridolon but the first time you manage it? That's what RPGs are all about. Defying the odds 

Again I'm not disagreeing I just don't like the idea of escalating the trivialization is all.

11 minutes ago, SilverRook said:

This game has finally lost its way.

Fully embracing power creep ..... its no longer just a power fantasy its a full on wet dream.

The game isn't challenging anymore, it hasn't been for a long time - its literally an afk clicker mobile game.
If you enjoy it more power to you.

But after 8 years - its over.

There isn't anything for long term players. and you'll get there eventually and have the same complaints as me. its just taken you longer to get there.

OoOOOHHh another free roam to mine, fish, conserve...... cuz that didn't get boring af with fortuna...... 

That's exactly the point I'm at mate, I'm right there with you 😞

• Like 2
hace 4 minutos, (PS4)SlvrSwrd92 dijo:

Don't you need one of her parts twice? To build chroma?

exactly my friend, also i hope i get the same luck when farming equinox

Rly? I am pretty sure, i have heard something like "NO SIGNATURE ABILITIES". And now i have to see this: Valkyr gives Warcry, one of two core Abilities to build her around. 

Edited by (PS4)HerosLex
  • Like 3
12 minutes ago, (PS4)ironfist_94 said:

I like how it's just another hype train for the WF community and you're all pretending like this isn't gonna be nerfed to the ground or gutted immediately. It's hilarious to me that DE considers this concept balanced but the Xoris for some reason was OP to them. This update will just be another balancing dumpster fire. I will say one positive though, it's nice to see the community excited again almost like the old days.

I agree that it's going to be nerfed in one way or the other. Just save your subsume frames for now and wait a few months and let the hype die down. Then you'll be able to enjoy the update 👍 I think DE underestimated some abilities but I welcome it with open arms, honestly.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Again I'm not disagreeing I just don't like the idea of escalating the trivialization is all.

Unfortunately the natural progression of this type of game necessitates the trivialization of older content to increase the apparent importance of new content. You can't have everything remain relevant. Eventually you have to start being able to destroy all but the most difficult enemies, be honest if you were still struggling with hydron when you're running an end game build wouldn't you feel a little cheated?

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Ertean said:

While I am bit sad that we did not get Rip Line from Valkyr, some of these are quite interesting.

From what I can see... I could see use for Ivara's Quiver for Ash or some other frames, just for Utility.

rdy to be more sad? it looks like they removed two of the arrows from quiver in the helminth system soooo the utility u spoke of is gone. they kept the stealth arrow which ur ash wont need so you litterally get 1 arrow that will be usefull..... and its not dash line....

1 minute ago, (PS4)SlvrSwrd92 said:

Unfortunately the natural progression of this type of game necessitates the trivialization of older content to increase the apparent importance of new content. You can't have everything remain relevant. Eventually you have to start being able to destroy all but the most difficult enemies, be honest if you were still struggling with hydron when you're running an end game build wouldn't you feel a little cheated?

Sure that's a factor but my issue is when it makes NEW content trivial on release. And yes that's partially the fault of the devs not catering to veterans but we've all been that road already.

hace 14 minutos, SilverRook dijo:

This game has finally lost its way.

Fully embracing power creep ..... its no longer just a power fantasy its a full on wet dream.

The game isn't challenging anymore, it hasn't been for a long time - its literally an afk clicker mobile game.
If you enjoy it more power to you.

But after 8 years - its over.

There isn't anything for long term players. and you'll get there eventually and have the same complaints as me. its just taken you longer to get there.

OoOOOHHh another free roam to mine, fish, conserve...... cuz that didn't get boring af with fortuna...... 

but, wasn't that always the case?

i never felt that warframe was a hard game to begin with. The whole purpose of this game is to first and foremost make you feel like a god, thats the reason why most abilities dont have cool downs and you can mod a weapon to one shot everything.

If you wanted a challenge, destiny is what you should go to with cooldown abilities, small ammount of enemies, little to none one shots in the game, and a more boots on the ground approach.

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, Dakath said:

Aw man. I wanted Valkyr's rip line on any frame. 

so did a lot of us.... instead they gave us her most used (ie her signature based on how they defined signature abilities to us) that will now be a requirement for every single melee build)

but unless they are lying to us again like they did about how they are marking signature abilities, we have until release to convince them to switch it to rip line! as aparently the list isn't final til release.

2 minutes ago, Akula_Rose said:

People complaining that this will make the game too easy when Chroma exists and has existed for a while. This will definitely switch up some of the meta garbage we've been dealing with. This should be a MAJOR resource dump though.

chroma has access to map-spanning AoE like the frames that will now be unilaterally given Roar apparently

anyways

I'm going to add to the list of people saying that Roar being transferable is absolutely not okay, for 3 reasons:

Roar is incongruent to how most frames's kits are designed and balanced, and having it be transferable violates how the ability itself is balanced. Roar allows any given frame to unconditionally double their damage output if built even somewhat properly. On Rhino, this is fine, because his other 3 abilities are all utility and not typically used for damage (except Stomp which has some application as a trash clear). Conversely, many frames are presumably balanced around the fact that they do NOT have access to an unconditional damage increase unless provided to them by a teammate. Assigning Roar arbitrarily, however, breaks this basic design principle.

Roar is heads, tails, leaps, and bounds better than pretty much any ability on this list. Except for the special cases (already a symptom of terrible design) where you can't transfer Roar, is there really any frame in the game that would choose some okay-but-not-astounding CC or utility over the ability to just flat-out deal more damage and presumably directly contribute to clearing a mission faster?

Making Roar transferable will more or less render Rhino himself irrelevant. Yes, Iron Skin and Stomp are nice, but I'm pretty sure Rhino's main utility and his contribution to any given mission objective is his ability to drastically boost the damage output of his entire team including himself, and that function can now be lifted from him and assigned to another frame which will then not only be able to do his job, but whatever job they already natively do.

Roar is literally a role-defining talent which has no place being transferable freely at all let alone being on the same list of options as things like Airburst or friggin' Shock.

(The above criticisms apply to the other damage boosters on the list (Eclipse, Nourish, etc.) to an extent but Roar gets my attention for being especially odious.)

• Like 11
2 minutes ago, danberhe said:

but, wasn't that always the case?

i never felt that warframe was a hard game to begin with. The whole purpose of this game is to first and foremost make you feel like a god, thats the reason why most abilities dont have cool downs and you can mod a weapon to one shot everything.

If you wanted a challenge, destiny is what you should go to with cooldown abilities, small ammount of enemies, little to none one shots in the game, and a more boots on the ground approach.

When did you start playing? Serious question not trying to be rude.