Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, Daffan said:

Can someone just tell me if you have to sacrifice 100 of the same Frame or just do it once and it's forever

 

 

You only have to sacrifice any frame once. For now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Daffan said:

Can someone just tell me if you have to sacrifice 100 of the same Frame or just do it once and it's forever

The implication during the showcase was that it's one-and-done.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ocewatt said:

You only have to sacrifice any frame once. For now. 

 

Just now, MrFrog9 said:

The implication during the showcase was that it's one-and-done.

Thank Xenu

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Sure that's a factor but my issue is when it makes NEW content trivial on release. And yes that's partially the fault of the devs not catering to veterans but we've all been that road already.

I dunno even some older high level content is still pretty difficult, not get downed and revived 12 times difficult but more 'I need a Squad' difficult. The first orb mother jumps to mind. I think it's a matter of whether the content is interesting rather than challenging. I've been through a couple mmo's and by the end it's more down to unique mechanics than worrying about squeezing out that last bit 8f dps. If you feel the content is trivial upon release it's probably meant for someone a third of your experience. If the endgame content isn't good it's usually a sign the bosses need a skill buff rather then players needing a dps nerf.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Overall and conceptually, I find the system amazing. I would suggest one more case for base ability changes tho: Frost. I agree on choosing Ice Wave, but just like with Zephyr, the ability is currently obsolete. I’d bake in it the augment, Ice Wave Impendance, and then give it another aug. That would fix it, imho: Ice Wave becomes a viable CC option. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

can simaris give a blowout sale for quest warframe parts? I need 4 million+ standing in order to rebuild all the ones I've sold. at optimal farming that's 133+ days of grinding out 30k standing lol.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, (PS4)SlvrSwrd92 said:

I dunno even some older high level content is still pretty difficult, not get downed and revived 12 times difficult but more 'I need a Squad' difficult. The first orb mother jumps to mind. I think it's a matter of whether the content is interesting rather than challenging. I've been through a couple mmo's and by the end it's more down to unique mechanics than worrying about squeezing out that last bit 8f dps. If you feel the content is trivial upon release it's probably meant for someone a third of your experience. If the endgame content isn't good it's usually a sign the bosses need a skill buff rather then players needing a dps nerf.

To be honest aside from grouping up for better efficiency or loot drops, I can't think of any current content that isn't easily soloable for veterans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
hace 1 minuto, -CdG-Zilchy dijo:

When did you start playing? Serious question not trying to be rude.

from launch on and off (not so much in the beginning) and this is something people should do more. Of all people Veterans of ANY game should understand that game variety is one of the key aspect you should keep in mind to mitigate burnout.

If you keep doing the same over and over sooner or latter doesn't matter how much content is added to a game your will end up hating it (i learned my lesson with runescape and dofus)

One of the greates examples of this is youtubers. when you watch any youtuber that FOR YARS only makes content for ONE game, they either quit or you can see how they dont enjoy it as much as they used to.


So as you do in your diet, you should also keep a healthy balance of games so your enjoyment is more.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick request to the community at large, if you hate an ability they picked please don't just complain without offering an alternative solution. If you wanna complain about rhinos roar go right ahead, I even tend to agree with you, but please be ready to explain why iron skin is so much better. Not trying to start fights I just like to see positive reasoning. Also I'm  going to bed now so I won't be able to reply for nineish hours, so keep that in mind if you have a reply for me specifically.

Edited by (PS4)SlvrSwrd92
Spelling
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I know the devs probably aren't still replying anymore, but if they are, will damaging abilities (like volt's shock) when put on chroma be buffed by his vex armor damage buff like his spectral scream and effigy are?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

To be honest aside from grouping up for better efficiency or loot drops, I can't think of any current content that isn't easily soloable for veterans.

Try soloing orb mothers, not impossible but very difficult

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, danberhe said:

from launch on and off (not so much in the beginning) and this is something people should do more. Of all people Veterans of ANY game should understand that game variety is one of the key aspect you should keep in mind to mitigate burnout.

If you keep doing the same over and over sooner or latter doesn't matter how much content is added to a game your will end up hating it (i learned my lesson with runescape and dofus)

One of the greates examples of this is youtubers. when you watch any youtuber that FOR YARS only makes content for ONE game, they either quit or you can see how they dont enjoy it as much as they used to.


So as you do in your diet, you should also keep a healthy balance of games so your enjoyment is more.

I do play others to avoid the burnout but I do remember content being less trivial in the past. Certainly before operators and rivens were added. Or if we go even further back, the primed mods.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, (PS4)SlvrSwrd92 said:

Try soloing orb mothers, not impossible but very difficult

No it's not hard honestly. Done it plenty of times. Also discovered a bug last week while farming exploiter to rebuild Hildryn. You can uh go into Arching down there and fly around with Amesha's 1st ability active to be invulnerable to her shooting at you lol. Can pick up cannisters in AW too.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy
Link to post
Share on other sites

How will Chromas elemental word work without changing his energy colour or something to determine his element for the ward? thats got me curious  cause it stats in the ability itself "depending on chromas elemental alignment 

Edited by (PS4)Cynder333
forgot a few pieces of information
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, MrFrog9 said:

chroma has access to map-spanning AoE like the frames that will now be unilaterally given Roar apparently

anyways

I'm going to add to the list of people saying that Roar being transferable is absolutely not okay, for 3 reasons:

Roar is incongruent to how most frames's kits are designed and balanced, and having it be transferable violates how the ability itself is balanced. Roar allows any given frame to unconditionally double their damage output if built even somewhat properly. On Rhino, this is fine, because his other 3 abilities are all utility and not typically used for damage (except Stomp which has some application as a trash clear). Conversely, many frames are presumably balanced around the fact that they do NOT have access to an unconditional damage increase unless provided to them by a teammate. Assigning Roar arbitrarily, however, breaks this basic design principle.

Roar is heads, tails, leaps, and bounds better than pretty much any ability on this list. Except for the special cases (already a symptom of terrible design) where you can't transfer Roar, is there really any frame in the game that would choose some okay-but-not-astounding CC or utility over the ability to just flat-out deal more damage and presumably directly contribute to clearing a mission faster?

Making Roar transferable will more or less render Rhino himself irrelevant. Yes, Iron Skin and Stomp are nice, but I'm pretty sure Rhino's main utility and his contribution to any given mission objective is his ability to drastically boost the damage output of his entire team including himself, and that function can now be lifted from him and assigned to another frame which will then not only be able to do his job, but whatever job they already natively do.

Roar is literally a role-defining talent which has no place being transferable freely at all let alone being on the same list of options as things like Airburst or friggin' Shock.

(The above criticisms apply to the other damage boosters on the list (Eclipse, Nourish, etc.) to an extent but Roar gets my attention for being especially odious.)

I dunno... I was thinking of things that'd work differently... like Quiver on Atlas (Cloak Rumblers, anyone?) and Mind Control on Valkyr, since minion... maybe Warcry to Rhino (that audio's gonna break some brains, i think...) Maybe Pull on Nidus.

Link to post
Share on other sites
hace 2 minutos, (PS4)SlvrSwrd92 dijo:

Try soloing orb mothers, not impossible but very difficult

i feel that is not hard, just boring and slow (exploiter for the little A******s immune to abilities and profit just because you have to keep playing simon with his shield)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Arniox said:

The game's 90% owned by the Chinese tencent. 

The Chinese hate skeletons/skulls in any media. So warframe probably couldn't do this. 

Oh yeah... forgot about that. 😕

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if anyone's said it yet, but blood alter on Nidus will seem fun.

 

I mean, he already is the tankiest frame in the game. Why not add in more healing to make it more outrageous?

 

also, blood alter and Roar seem to be the best possible ones out of the bunch.

roar if you're aiming for just boosting damage, and blood alter for when you want to boost the survival of already good tanks/give healing to those that lack it.

note: Molt on loki is a better decoy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jesusdh said:

Mastery should be increased to 20+.

Why not 30? :crylaugh:

Maybe they should fix open worlds first? Or matchmaking/host migration issues in general? Or make the Grendel missions less awful? Get rid of the amino beacon gate on Ambulas?

Bugs before features, guys. Fix the bad parts, no more lipstick on the pig.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...