Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

With Atlas giving Petrify (Ore Gaze) that would mean that some warframes could have two abilities that can get extra drops from enemies. Are you actually okay with that? Since Ivara is giving Quiver (and by the looks of it just cloak and noise arrows), will noise arrow finally get a buff to affect alerted enemies (which account for over 90% of the enemies encountered in game when playing with other people)? Is it safe to assume that Chroma's elemental ward will still be affected by energy color when it is on a different Warframe? Hildryn's augment Blazing Pillage requires the Haven ability to even function, will this be addressed or will other warframes have the option to equip a non-functional augment if Pillage is added to them?

Yes, every frame will get stronger by Helminth, but already strong frames will benefit even more than those frames that struggle at the moment to find a viable role. Increasing the gap which should be decreased..
Besides the "weak" frames, with Rhino's and Valkyr's group buffs available now for all frames, these two can't bring much uniqueness to the table.

il y a 1 minute, BlouSkerm a dit :

Dont know if this has been said before. But maybe limit the converted abilities by 75% of what it was on the original warframe. Take rhino roar for example, which is normally 50% additional damage. Now 75% of that would be 37.5% which is a lot lower. So it might feel much more of a tradeoff now on the frame you slap it onto, and will also mean any rhino will not be outclassed as its own roar will always be more powerful. Same applies to the durations and ranges of the over powers

Furthermore it might make more sense that these swapped powers are not full strength, as they "need that frame" to work fully. Perhaps if DE ships out this system with such a limit, then it could be increased later as needed? Rather than nerf it later after everyone slaps roar on the number 2 of every frame haha. Just food for thought though.

Depend. Some ability are already not very strong on the original warframe.

There is not reason to have a nerfed version of Volt first ability.

At the opposite, if you want to balance the Roar, you don't need to nerf it to 75%, but to 40%. (+20% damage before strengths)

And the main trad-off is suppose to be that the original warframe have 3 other ability that you can not use.

11 minutes ago, BlouSkerm said:

Furthermore it might make more sense that these swapped powers are not full strength, as they "need that frame" to work fully. Perhaps if DE ships out this system with such a limit, then it could be increased later as needed?

Looks like the abilities with multiple options (like Quiver and Nourish) are limited to one or two of the options as it is.

10 minutes ago, Claric said:

This guy gets it. The idea that things are going to become more homogenized than they already are is laughable. A team full of non-rhinos all with roar is going to have the same problem as a team full of rhinos. Players are going to have to coordinate anyways if they want balls to the wall min maxing. This already happens currently, so getting bent out of shape because some lesser-used frames can have a little shine just seems petty.

I honestly am starting to feel like people are getting anxious that their plat farms are going to get encroached on. When the only argument against a system like this in a non-competitive, PvE-centric game is "Players are going to be able to clear content faster/more comfortably with a wider variety of frames", it really makes you wonder.

No I'm worried about things such as Rest on frames leading to DE doing their usual clumsy nerfing effort, nerfing finishers or stealth mechanics and for example, wrecking Adaro xp levelling. That kind of thing.

14 hours ago, KittyKath said:

Welp, I guess I'm not participating because I'm staying Mr8. (Most likely.)

I would prefer it being locked behind really difficult quests/Test than behind Mastery but... 

Extremely sad right now.

I think they chose MR15 to be the requirement because on that MR you can craft every craftable weapon in the game.
And since it's Mastery locked it's also locked behind a series of tests to prove that you are somewhat experienced at the game.

I hate to say there's Mr15 that have no idea what they are doing, I'm not saying that I'm better: Far from that, but I'm also not thrash at the game either

It's true some people on MR15 have no idea how anything in the game works but to be completely honest, if someone is MR15 that means they spent AT LEAST half a month in the game grinding and testing stuff as well as mastery rankups.

Maybe I don't want to be high MR? Maybe I like that one number, maybe I like proving you don't need big numbers to be good at a game...?

As i said before, on MR15 you can craft every craftable weapon, by staying below that you're limiting your own arsenal. Unfortunately warframe isnt the game that lets you should on a certain MR  because you like the number (unless it's 16 or higher, cause then you dont really unlock new stuff, just get your grind and daily caps higher).

By staying on low MR you're not gonna prove anything, you're just going to cripple yourself with less and often worse weapons, lower traces/daily standing caps and less free loadout slots, and lower chance to equip a riven you want.

You can be good at the game ofc, but no quest or mr is gonna prove you are actually good at the game, since with good mods and decent weapons you can do almost anything well enough to get through it, with very little skill required from the player.

13 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

No I'm worried about things such as Rest on frames leading to DE doing their usual clumsy nerfing effort and for example, wrecking Adaro xp levelling. That kind of thing.

If Adaro xp leveling using Rest is such a problem then DE would/should have nerfed it a long time ago. Allowing other frames the same opportunities to do that or other types of content should be celebrated, not shunned. I understand and largely agree with your concerns regarding DE's propensity for overdoing "balance", but I'd like to hope it won't be the case here.

14 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

What about Damage buffing Abilities?

As you can see, we have two Abilities that increase damage: Mirage’s Eclipse, and Rhino’s Roar. We are creating a special case for these Abilities when infused on Warframes with similar Abilities (i.e Chroma, Mirage, Rhino, Octavia). When you infuse these, you will receive a prompt that you can only have 1 Damage Buffing ability at a time, and thus you are limited to replacing said ability type. Which is to say - Damage Buffing abilities can only be swapped with Damage Buffing Abilities on Warframes that already have them. However, that limitation does not apply to the other 30+ Warframes. 

Will this also apply to abilities like Blazing Chakram and Molecular Prime that essentially increase damage output too?

9 hours ago, Claric said:

If Adaro xp leveling using Rest is such a problem then DE would/should have nerfed it by a long time ago. Allowing other frames the same opportunities to do that or other types of content should be celebrated, not shunned. I understand and largely agree with your concerns regarding DE's propensity for overdoing "balance", but I'd like to hope it won't be the case here.

I'm not saying they'd nerf the farming, I'm saying they will ACCIDENTELY screw it up. But here's hoping mate.

15 hours ago, Voltage said:

Oh boy. Here we go. This looks impossible to balance, and the damage ability buff restriction won't change much of anything. Let's see how it plays out.

After reading comments, and looking through these changes more than once, I am convinced that this will be nerfed after being released. It would be nice for DE to tune this or reconsider some decisions before launching so nobody is getting burned 😞 

Huh? You mean having a massive Roar bonus on my Wisp is overpowered? You mean having 90% damage reduction from Null Star on every single frame is going to be unbalanced? Never. -_-

So far the only one's i see as a must to build are Rhino, Nova and Khora. For the Roar damage, the Null Star 90% reduction of damage, and the Ensnare CC. That's going to be base meta for everything.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb DawnoftheWhiteFury:

Being able to go far in Endless missions apparently didn't help your reading ability, considering the system specifically states that it limits you to one damage boosting ability on a frame at a time and Rebecca herself even responded to you.

I admit I responded too fast,but that was just to be on the first page,i adjusted my example on my original post ,maybe ,since you are  cearly posess the power of reading, read my new and updated post instead of talking about the old one

vor 6 Stunden schrieb FlyingLlama:

It wont change anything at all unless you are a solo player, and nobody cares about those.

Anything at all? I can Bring so many buffs with the same number of players,put roar on volt, (so u got shocktrooper and roar buff) put smite on on Saryn then u have two element augments (corrosive and radiation) and I can go on and on

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Zikkie:

Q being scared of someone taking their spot because of this system?🤣 cmon bruh

I am not  quite sure what you mean by ,,spot in the system'' but I am quite confident that despite these changes we will still compete and likely succeed in events if you mean that

16 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

WARFRAME

ABILITY

AUGMENT

DEV NOTES

Ash

Shuriken

Seeking Shuriken

Atlas

Petrify

Ore Gaze

We will not create Rubble.

Banshee

Silence

Savage Silence

Baruuk

Lull

Endless Lullaby

Chroma

Elemental Ward

Everlasting Ward

Ember

Fire Blast

Healing Flame

Equinox

Rest & Rage

Calm & Frenzy

We will use Rest or Rage depending on your Energy Colour. 

Excalibur

Radial Blind

Radiant Finish

Frost

Ice Wave

Ice Wave Impede

Gara

Spectrorage

Spectrosiphon

Garuda

Blood Altar

n/a

Gauss

Thermal Sunder

n/a

Grendel

Nourish

n/a

Keeps the heal and give Nourish Strike only. 

Harrow

Condemn

Tribunal

Hildryn

Pillage

Blazing Pillage

Drains 50 Energy instead of 50 Shield. 

Hydroid

Tempest Barrage

Corroding Barrage

Inaros

Desiccation

Desiccation’s Curse

Ivara

Quiver

Empowered Quiver

Tap Cloak, Hold Noise. Augment only affects Cloak and Dashwire. 

Khora

Ensnare

n/a

Limbo

Banish

Rift Haven

Base Ability Change: Add ‘Cancel ability on Hold’ to let enemies out of Rift. 

Loki

Decoy

Savior Decoy

Mag

Pull

Greedy Pull

Mesa

Shooting Gallery

Muzzle Flash

Mirage

Eclipse

Total Eclipse

Nekros

Terrify

Creeping Terrify

Nezha

Fire Walker

Pyroclastic Flow

Nidus

Larva

Larva Burst

Nova

Null Star

Neutron Star

Nyx

Mind Control

Mind Freak

Oberon

Smite

Smite Infusion

Octavia

Resonator

Conductor

Protea

Dispensary

n/a

Revenant

Reave

Blinding Reave

Rhino

Roar

Piercing Roar

Saryn

Molt

Regen Molt

Titania

Spellbind

Spellbound Harvest

Trinity

Well Of Life

Pool of Life

Base Ability Buffed - Now does small amount of heal over time over a large range. If you hit the enemy, a % of the damage dealt gets converted into AoE heal. 

Valkyr

Warcry

Eternal War

Vauban

Tesla Nervos

Tesla Bank

Volt

Shock

Shock Trooper

Wisp

Breach Surge

n/a

Wukong

Defy

n/a

Xaku

Xata’s Whisper 

n/a

Zephyr

Airburst

n/a

Base Ability Buffed - now has a HOLD or TAP functionality. HOLD to receive original functionality. TAP to suck enemies in a wind Vortex. 

Could we get some clarification on Quiver? The first part of the descriptor reads like we'd only be getting Cloak and Noise. The second part implies we'd be getting lines as well? Is it going to just be the normal ability with a tap to toggle hold to fire? Also will both augments work or just the one?

Why is Hildryn's augment listed when it requires both her pillage and her haven to function? Is there a plan to change it?

For abiltiies with a metered effect ie Grendel's Nourish, Ember's Fireblast, and Gauss' Thermal Sunder how are they going to function? Automatically the minimal? The maximum? Are they going to be made to scale with a type of mod?

Previously it was stated that lesser abilities were going to be buffed for the system. It looks as though only Zephyr and Trinnity had that be the case. Any reason why Mag's Pull, Loki's Decoy, and Revenant's Reave didn't get that sort of treatment? Considering some of the other options those all seem to be exceptionally weak. 

Also would it be possible to see a list of the excluded abilities? It was mentioned that Ultimates and "Signature" abilities weren't going to be on the table. But signature is pretty subjective as it could mean either "The ability you should think of when you think of the warframes concept." or "The ability you think of when you think of the warframe." A very subtle difference but one that in the example of lets say Rhino would be either "Rhinos charge so charge is Rhino's signature." or conversely "Rhino is all about ironskin so ironskin is his signature ability." It would be nice to see what abilities you guys considered off the table so we could make alternative suggestions. It'd also be nice to know if it was just one signature per frame or if some frames had multiple. Like Mag for example if you considered both Magnetize and Polarity signature and that's why we are unforturnately left with pull?

I think the list would be helpful for those of us that want to offer constructive feedback and alternative suggestions. Currently all we can do is speculate and that makes it difficult.

For example Pull seems much too weak. An unreliable CC that scatters enemies when Larva and Ensnare are boh on the table. But Polarize would trivialize some other abilities similarly and if I had to guess Magnetize is her Signature and off the table? Not knowing for sure makes it difficult to make a suggestion. But it certainly does seem like Magnetize would be more in line of an ability considering what some other frames were given.

Thank you for your time in reading this.

@[DE]Rebecca @[DE]Bear

can we get some clarification on quiver notes for helmynth. from the way its written it sounds like its only going to give stealth arrow and noise arrow? is this the case?

cause it'd be a real shame to not get dashline with it as thats mainly just a fun ability or a mobility based ability that doesnt rly affect warframe power but can make life easier for less mobile frames... that and not having it kinda makes the augment useless on other frames unless theres a buff for the quiver augment allowing it to boost the other arrows as well.

So it's really nice to see we actually got some really good abilities, that are going to lead to some fantastic frame synergy (Garuda + wisps 3). However, if they *@##$ out and nerf any of this stuff down to the outcry of idiots, it will be extremely disappointing. So many people in this community cry for nerfs, when the correct solution is bringing up the weak things. If your response is 'game to easy' you've missed the point of warframe, go play another game. The other problem is whenever DE does nerf something it goes from good to useless. I can't really think of any recent warranted nerfs 

Archived