Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

9 hours ago, spudster888. said:

I have used her, my first time through the star chart i used nyx to do 3/4 of it. I love nyx, i still use her from time to time, i just don't think shes good or useful. I really hate people like you that assume to dislike something, you just haven't used it or are doing it wrong. I don't agree with you, i have enough play time to validate that opinion, deal with it. 

Edit, ok your explanation above now makes sense. My clan mate was in game and pointed it out. Well I still disagree that her kit is no good, psychic bolts is very strong, it can instantly remove armour, shields, damage reductions etc. Chaos is decent, not brilliant but decent. And yeh the DPS from absorb is just nuts.

Reminds me a litle bit of Mass Effect 3 bonus power, enabling you to have a power that was from a list. It was interesting because you could insert biotic abilities in caracthers that had none to begin with, obviously the system balanced itself out because classes had bonuses towards certain powers, so even when the soldier class could launch the biggest and most powerfull biotic power, it didn't deal that much damage.

In warframe i guess the concept is the same, you can replace 1 out of 4 abilities and it seems DE picked more AOE abilities than anything else, afterall, you don't want to increase the mission loot efficiency to much by adding more power, so cc abilities are nice.

However, there are some damage mitigation and power increase abilities aswell, which is nice.

Overall i like the idea, players are complaining about it being broken but in a squad the effect is the same, players could already buff you, so this only means you don't need to rely on others to do it.

It's a good resource sink and i'll most certainly make use out of it, in fact my mind is just overloaded with the possibilities, i honestly don't know what to place on my wukong and that challenge is something i haven't felt in a long time, ty DE.

8 минут назад, KIREEK сказал:

Reminds me a litle bit of Mass Effect 3 bonus power, enabling you to have a power that was from a list. It was interesting because you could insert biotic abilities in caracthers that had none to begin with, obviously the system balanced itself out because classes had bonuses towards certain powers, so even when the soldier class could launch the biggest and most powerfull biotic power, it didn't deal that much damage.

In warframe i guess the concept is the same, you can replace 1 out of 4 abilities and it seems DE picked more AOE abilities than anything else, afterall, you don't want to increase the mission loot efficiency to much by adding more power, so cc abilities are nice.

However, there are some damage mitigation and power increase abilities aswell, which is nice.

Overall i like the idea, players are complaining about it being broken but in a squad the effect is the same, players could already buff you, so this only means you don't need to rely on others to do it.

It's a good resource sink and i'll most certainly make use out of it, in fact my mind is just overloaded with the possibilities, i honestly don't know what to place on my wukong and that challenge is something i haven't felt in a long time, ty DE.

Someone that is in the same page as me good to know

16 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Grendel | Nourish | n/a | Keeps the heal and give Nourish Strike only. 

Would that only heal 50 health x power strength? or do we gain additional scaling to make up for not being able to devour enemies.

16 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Chroma | Elemental Ward

Can we get a confirmation that we can swap its effects via color as well, because if it's the fire only version then that won't be as versatile. 

----

5 minutes ago, spudster888. said:

I really don't agree, warframes shouldn't be analysed on their own merit. When you bring the rest of the roster into play, shes garbage and i see no reason to use her. Which makes me sad because i like how she looks and the  theme, its just poorly done.

Psychic bolts can strip armor & shields (80% at base, 100% with 125%+ power strength)

Chaos offers a massive cc range that barely cares about nullifiers, which is perfect to shut down all enemies in a mobile defense, interception, excavation, defense, or hijack mission. At worst she can be a bit erratic for defense since enemies can still attack the defense target.

Absorb is an impromptu AoE invincibility button that can deal massive (scaling) damage with the right setup, though its energy drain is rather high. 

Even Mind Control can be used to steal enemies with beneficial aura's like ancient healers and shield ospreys.

Nyx is squishy though, and not well suited for quick AoE dmg playstyles. But to say she's poorly done is solely a testament to your own ignorance.

Just now, Wurmheart said:

Would that only heal 50 health x power strength? or do we gain additional scaling to make up for not being able to devour enemies.

Can we get a confirmation that we can swap its effects via color as well, because if it's the fire only version then that won't be as versatile. 

----

Psychic bolts can strip armor & shields (80% at base, 100% with 125%+ power strength)

Chaos offers a massive cc range that barely cares about nullifiers, which is perfect to shut down all enemies in a mobile defense, interception, excavation, defense, or hijack mission. At worst she can be a bit erratic for defense since enemies can still attack the defense target.

Absorb is an impromptu AoE invincibility button that can deal massive (scaling) damage with the right setup, though its energy drain is rather high. 

Even Mind Control can be used to steal enemies with beneficial aura's like ancient healers and shield ospreys.

Nyx is squishy though, and not well suited for quick AoE dmg playstyles. But to say she's poorly done is solely a testament to your own ignorance.

No, to say shes poorly designed is to express my opinion after over 2000 hours of playing warframe. You're entitled to your opinion, but just because i don't agree with you, doesn't make me ignorant. Such a comment, ironically enough, makes you ignorant. 

2 minutes ago, Wurmheart said:

It doesn't need strength to absorb damage, so you can make a high efficiency build, and with zenurik you can almost spam it

5 minutes ago, --Q--FSK41 said:

ANY reason why you deleted --Q--Candy's comment ? maybe so the ,,positive''  second post is on top INSTEAD of our real feedback,namely that the system will break the game, with the MOST UPVOTES GOT REMOVED?!

Yeah, sad about that. Making the game more easy when there is no content hard enough to warrant it

6 minutes ago, --Q--FSK41 said:

ANY reason why you deleted --Q--Candy's comment ? maybe so the ,,positive''  second post is on top INSTEAD of our real feedback,namely that the system will break the game, with the MOST UPVOTES GOT REMOVED?!

I can second this. It did point out the obvious, and many people seemed to agree with it.

9 hours ago, mikakor said:

because it's pure exageration. nothing will break the game more than it is already, strong frames will stay strong, and weaker frames will become stronger. and average frames will be able to fill the role that previously only strong warframes could.

this will broaden the meta in a good way, and the doomsayers are UNNEEDED.

Actually it'll increase the gap between the good frames and the bad ones and that's not good at all.

vor 1 Minute schrieb mikakor:

because it's pure exageration. nothing will break the game more than it is already, strong frames will stay strong, and weaker frames will become stronger. and average frames will be able to fill the role that previously only strong warframes could.

This will make any frame OP if you choose the right combinations,and this is by definition broken,no balance if I can DPS with ANY frame,BUFF with ANY frame,and TANK(if u can call it that way) WITH ANY frame. IT destroys the little balance there was between frames  

2 minutes ago, mikakor said:

It isn't exaggeration as this will break it. Everyone who has even a bit of playtime can already see a lot of pretty broken combinations. I overall like the flexibility it gives, but I'll wait it out until the nerfs come several months later.

I don't think it's reasonable to say it is alright to break the game more just because it is broken, and a non-TOS breaking comment being removed just for stating the truth is very concerning.

1 minute ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Actually it'll increase the gap between the good frames and the bad ones and that's not good at all.

the power gap will stay the same. or become smaller, because the weaker frame will be able to rise up. while the strong frame... will stay strong. no change at all. you could one shot enemies? how great. you'll one shot them even harder. does it changes anything? NO.

2 minutes ago, --Q--FSK41 said:

This will make any frame OP if you choose the right combinations,and this is by definition broken,no balance if I can DPS with ANY frame,BUFF with ANY frame,and TANK(if u can call it that way) WITH ANY frame. IT destroys the little balance there was between frames  

yeah. with the right mod setup. you seem to think that EVERY abilities with EVERY builds, no matter what, will function at the top of their ability, except that it won't. if i have a low duration, the buff won't work for long, if i have low STR, it won't be much useful, and so on. like i say, stop doomsaying for a few weeks and wait until it drops.

the power gap will stay the same. or become smaller, because the weaker frame will be able to rise up. while the strong frame... will stay strong. no change at all. you could one shot enemies? how great. you'll one shot them even harder. does it changes anything? NO.

Well no, because the powerful frames will become more powerful and by contrast, the mediocre frames will be less mediocre. But the powerful frames will have 4 good abilities instead of say 3. And the average frames will have maybe 2 good abilities, leaving them in the dust even more.

What makes a player experienced, mastery rank? You can get to MR 15 in 15 days irl around 120hrs play time. I have clan members at mr14 in 200hrs or less game play most mr15 and above average out 300hrs play time to get there. Is this really enough time to call someone experienced, and expected to have resources to spare on the helminth. I'm concerned there will be players trying to do things you intended for those that had extra material/ resources and thus calls for unwarranted reductions because players simply aren't resource experienced enough to be doing helminth changes. Speed ranking mastery (hydron/ sanctuary) does not make players experienced. There needs to be more than mastery rank to stop this happening. If the system is ment not to be new player friendly then make it so, maybe by tying it to certain amounts of resource farmed in total or hours played rather than just mastery rank. I think steel path has shown experienced players want challenges not simplified easy content thats great newer players. Looking forward to playing ALad v with some warframe synergies in the helminth blender 

1 minute ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Well no, because the powerful frames will become more powerful

they will become powerful. more. and guess what? it won't #*!%ing change anything can you kill stuff harder? can you make them deader than dead? no, you don't. you lot are panicking for no reason, they will be strong, as they already are, and nothing about that will change. you're panicking for nothing.

it bugs my mind that you're not able to understand that you can't make something deader than dead. it won't change anything. the strong will stay strong, that's it.

they will become powerful. more. and guess what? it won't #*!%ing change anything can you kill stuff harder? can you make them deader than dead? no, you don't. you lot are panicking for no reason, they will be strong, as they already are, and nothing about that will change. you're panicking for nothing.

it bugs my mind that you're not able to understand that you can't make something deader than dead. it won't change anything. the strong will stay strong, that's it.

I know you can't make it deader lol but I do think the meta will be shortened even more. And more so, the heavy handed nature of their inevitable nerfs could likely stuff up something else. Spaghetti code n all.

Archived